• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynx

Isn't there going to be a reset of ranked soon, leading to a fresh set of placement matches? I read on reddit that your mmr will get averaged towards 1200.

If that's the case, it seems like a good time to play some ranked before the reset, just to get a sense for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
that katcam guy is amazing lol

kaceytron best streamer 2014 already

fuck you trick2g, bjergsen, rush hour and all that shit

Isn't there going to be a reset of ranked soon, leading to a fresh set of placement matches? I read on reddit that your mmr will get averaged towards 1200.

If that's the case, it seems like a good time to play some ranked before the reset, just to get a sense for it.

it's a soft reset, so it's not like if you get bronze 5 you'll go back to 1200 or whatever. but yea you can play ranked now and with some leeway when the soft reset happens

Mothman91

You're letting him play to his hypercarry status. He deserves the late game ass whooping he can do. It's the same thing with other late late game champs (eg Vayne, Poppy, Ryze, etc). Keep forcing 5v4s if he's AFK farming. It can get to a point where a strong Nasus can't carry because his team fell behind way too far in terms of gold and map control.

Oh, I know he's in the hypercarry tier. It's just the matter of what can Riot do to keep him below that. I believe that they don't want to touch his passive because it has to do something with his lore.

Ashhong

I decided to pick up Kayle and Vi today. Good choices? I needed a good jungler with some CC, and Kayle just seems solid all around. I can play her mid or top even (I think).

zkylon

zkylewd
I decided to pick up Kayle and Vi today. Good choices? I needed a good jungler with some CC, and Kayle just seems solid all around. I can play her mid or top even (I think).
both good champions

can't speak much for vi but kayle is pretty godly on the right hands. lots of early game pressure, game changing ult, easy-build path, hilariously strong if fed, etc.

also prett dumb if you manage to sneak in a dfg heh

Mothman91

Sivir is definitely the safest ADC to rely on. Insane wave clear and that spell shield is too good to pass up on. Also the utility from her ultimate is insanely good.

Nekofrog

Banned
So, first real Lucian ranked game.

Somewhat even CS lane against Cait who had a support Nidalee. My support Leona was hyper aggressive, which was fine because she could get herself out of situations that I couldn't follow up on.

Then their Rengar jungle came down. Popped a cap in his ass, moved up and put Nidalee down like a cat at the vet, then took out Cait for a triple kill. Nobody could stop double buff Lucian at that point. <3 my Leona. Ended 8-1.

Then my Leona added me.

lnz9.jpg

This game I needed all of my 703 siphoned damage to carry these scrubblets to a win. Kha was 100%'ing Karma or Yorick simply based on how he felt at a given moment. Teammates out of position getting picked off late game when we couldn't afford it. That kinda thing. Just like last night's match, my team was pushed into the base for 15 minutes at least, inhibs regularly down, morale generally low. I didn't feel like it would be a win but ya boi kept on farming and we kept surviving enough so they couldn't finish. It took some fountain trips in the middle of fights in defense of our last tower just to stay in the games, along with a couple of clutch flashes when I was near death. We had 1 of their towers at 45 minutes. ONE. I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone given the score screen but it bears mentioning that's how bad the team collectively was.

In the end, the other team was pouring salt. "Late game Nasus can't be stopped" and "You could carry that team only because you picked Nasus. What does that say." I'm like, "well why didn't you mothafuckas push your advantage? I didn't start the game with 703 siphoned damage..." Shit was true though. I was crushing Kha in the end. Looked like 50%-70% of his HP in one Q in the last fight.

To this day I don't know what Yorick brings to a team. I'm pretty sure I've only won with one other Yorick in life. Mothafucka had the nerve to tell me midgame when I was 6/1/2 (9 kills on the team total) that I was watching he and Karma fight. HERP fucking DERP. Sometimes you wonder if teammates are playing the same game you're playing. I was busy defending towers, trying to peel Kha the fuck off of Karma (to varying degrees of success), and kill their whole team. Not sure what he was doing other than starting off 1/8 and insta-dying.

I'm sure you guys have all lifted worse teams...but I haven't. Last night's lift was heavy too, but not as heavy as this one. Stressful match was stressful. Wins have been hard to come by tonight. All week, really.

sleepykyo

What do they need to do to Nasus to mitigate that fucking late game ass whooping? My top laner was Riven and couldn't do shit to him because he's still learning her. My jungler was a Xin and built the most fucking weird build ever(Atmas/Wits/Guinsoo's with a Golem/Sunfire). I also hate how he can chain wither...that shit is so fucking broken.

Funnily enough I was asking about Riven as Nasus. Maybe it changes with better players, but Riven and Garen have enough damage at low levels (just getting the ult l6 or lower) to bully Nasus. If Nasus doesn't get enough q stacks, his damage and therefore sustain are dramatically reduced.

Nekofrog

Banned
Funnily enough I was asking about Riven as Nasus. Maybe it changes with better players, but Riven and Garen have enough damage at low levels (just getting the ult l6 or lower) to bully Nasus. If Nasus doesn't get enough q stacks, his damage and therefore sustain are dramatically reduced.

Anytime I see a toplane Nasus, I pick Riven. It's at the very least a guaranteed way to mitigate him, if not an outright stomp. Red pot cheese Riven destroys Nasus at level 2. And my Riven sucks.

That was such an awful Yorick pick in that comp.

What kind of comp dows Yorick work best in? I've genuinely never seen a good one and I've never played the champ, so I have no clue. I know he can be quite the best for certain melee champs top, but I'm not really clear on how he team fights. He did buy me 10 extra seconds of life in one of the team fights which I thought was pretty cool because I killed Kha with that time and forced them to back. Never seen that before..I always thought he could only ult himself like that because that's all I've ever seen Yorick players do.

Leezard

What kind of comp dows Yorick work best in? I've genuinely never seen a good one and I've never played the champ, so I have no clue. I know he can be quite the best for certain melee champs top, but I'm not really clear on how he team fights. He did buy me 10 extra seconds of life in one of the team fights which I thought was pretty cool because I killed Kha with that time and forced them to back. Never seen that before..I always thought he could only ult himself like that because that's all I've ever seen Yorick players do.

One common role for Yorick is to use his ult, which at rank 3 gives him a ghost that deals 75% of the target's damage, on some carry like Vayne, Caitlyn, etc. That way, the ghost can deal damage while the target is alive, and when the target dies it gets some seconds extra when it can just focus on dealing more damage. Cassiopeia is one of the common targets for his ult as well, due to her very good sustained damage. You only need to ult her just before she dies, then, since the ghost only deals auto attacks.
Yorick's ult is really dependent on the team as such. 175% damage from your carry is only worth something if the carry actually has items.

In 3v3, I've seen some gimmick builds like Yorick + Tryndamere. You focus Tryndamere but due to his ultimate and later Yorick ult he will get loads of time when he can hit freely.

One common role for Yorick is to use his ult, which at rank 3 gives him a ghost that deals 75% of the target's damage, on some carry like Vayne, Caitlyn, etc. That way, the ghost can deal damage while the target is alive, and when the target dies it gets some seconds extra when it can just focus on dealing more damage. Cassiopeia is one of the common targets for his ult as well, due to her very good sustained damage. You only need to ult her just before she dies, then, since the ghost only deals auto attacks.
Yorick's ult is really dependent on the team as such. 175% damage from your carry is only worth something if the carry actually has items.

In 3v3, I've seen some gimmick builds like Yorick + Tryndamere. You focus Tryndamere but due to his ultimate and later Yorick ult he will get loads of time when he can hit freely.
*takes notes*

Oh man, my buddies and I have a 3s team that we mess around on. Might have to try a Yorick/Zilean/Tryndamere comp

I was up against a Zilean + Aatrox team yesterday.

Shit did not end well, as you can imagine. Things were going smoothly...by by about 20 minutes, it was clear we couldn't win. Focus Aatrox and he gets passive + Zilean ult and all the lifesteal he gets by default.

Mothman91

They went back on the Kassadin nerfs, booo

Wait, why. I want to stop banning his ass from fear alone.

Also:

One of those games where everyone went smoothly as possible. Bottom lane was wrecking, mid lane did very well, top did ok as I gave him first blood but Olaf is hard to duel with Jax. We took advantage of people being in lane and pushed mid. Inhib before 20 minutes and pushed again and won.

Edit: I'm guessing they need to do alot more testing on him before they set a real nerf on him.

Raxious

Oh wow, you pulled out the Ryze. I've duo'd with a few of my Silver friends and I've seen a couple matches where mid laners pulled the old book keeper out.

What's wrong with Ryze?

I was actually planning to go ADC, but there was a duo q who were complaining as they demanded bot lane. I ended up going mid. My best role is ADC but I'm able to keep myself safe in mid. I was planning to pick Katarina, but they picked Riven and olaf so I decided it would be better to go for something a little bit tankier then her ;)

Mothman91

What's wrong with Ryze?

I was actually planning to go ADC, but there was a duo q who were complaining as they demanded bot lane. I ended up going mid. My best role is ADC but I'm able to keep myself safe in mid. I was planning to pick Katarina, but they picked Riven and olaf so I decided it would be better to go for something a little bit tankier then her ;)

I actually don't know what's wrong with him or if there is anything wrong with him. All I know is that his main spell had its range reduced and it's pretty clear that people haven't been picking him(from where I'm at, I don't see him at all).

Raxious

I actually don't know what's wrong with him or if there is anything wrong with him. All I know is that his main spell had its range reduced and it's pretty clear that people haven't been picking him(from where I'm at, I don't see him at all).

It's not very noticeable, also he's a very strong mid laner with the right build. I do believe he's not someone you should pick for every mid battle though.

Ryze short range makes it difficult to trade in mid lane. It's why you may see him top lane a bit more often since top laners don't always have the best range. He does well against melees though Renekton and Riven can still give him a hard time.

He becomes tanky anyway, even though it takes a while.

---

You pick someone who has good autoattacks for Yorick ult, means ADCs (specially Vayne). Revenants can't do anything but attack until they revive the target. Best case scenario is getting keeping the revenant alive for nearly the entire duration, then revives your target.

There are other good targets like Jax and Tryn.

Rikkun

First PvP ever, we were so close to victory but they left me alone to defend at the base with that firemagewhat'shisname.

This game sure is weird :(

Rikkun

Was it Brand?

Yes! I kept telling myself during the match "heh, just like Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest and Ghosts&Goblins" and as I closed the window my memory got wiped clean.

I also tried Leona (I guess?) and some sort of fire sorceress transforming into a dragon but I got boo'd from my random teammates :(

Nekofrog

Banned
Yes! I kept telling myself during the match "heh, just like Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest and Ghosts&Goblins" and as I closed the window my memory got wiped clean.

I also tried Leona (I guess?) and some sort of fire sorceress transforming into a dragon but I got boo'd from my random teammates :(

People booing one of the strongest champions in the game at this time?

Hahahahahahahaha

Volimar

Looks like RiotMsPudding got SWATted while streaming last night/early this morning. She's not even a top streamer, idiots just wanted to piss with a riot member I guess.

Am I the only one driven nuts by these?

Youmuu%27s_Ghostblade_item.png
Teleport.png

When the TP icon is set on the HUD I don't even know what I'm looking at. It just looks like some jumbled violet swirl.

garath

Am I the only one driven nuts by these?

Youmuu%27s_Ghostblade_item.png
Teleport.png

When the TP icon is set on the HUD I don't even know what I'm looking at. It just looks like some jumbled violet swirl.

Yes. I hate the new TP icon. I keep wondering when they added ghostblade as a summoner. Flash looks stupid too.

The only good one is ignite. Barrier is tolerable.

garath

I personally don't care, since i probably never used a champion that builds Ghostblade. Which champions even use it?

I wouldn't call it core on anyone but guys that could make use of it:

Talon
Master Yi
Shaco

ummmmm.. I guess not many. lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ghostblade is a good pick up on loads of melee champs from noct to xin to rengar.

Ghostblade is good if your champ can get a lot of mileage of it's active, otherwise it's a waste of money. A lot of bruisers can work with it.

I really dislike the item overall though. Most of the time other offensive items are much, much better.

I didn't know there was a 7 minute minimum for IP on ARAM.

What a waste of an awesome lineup with Lux, Nida, Varus, Sona and Leb. :(

edit: wtf it doesn't even go to the match history. I'm so pissed off at League right now. Two lopsided matches with trashtalkers in a row. I finally get my break just to get this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom