• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zynx

I'm so tempted to completely ruin my day tomorrow and screw up my sleep schedule to watch SKT vs KT...

As for the normal matchmaking stuff, my personal experience is that if you form a 4-person premade (or even better, 5) with roughly the same skill level, then you will likely get a good match most of the time. Also, if you're lucky and EVERYONE on each side is solo, then you get a good match too. It seems like Riot assembles the really lopsided teams when you've got 2/3-person premades on one or both sides.

Type2

I'm so tempted to completely ruin my day tomorrow and screw up my sleep schedule to watch SKT vs KT...

As for the normal matchmaking stuff, my personal experience is that if you form a 4-person premade (or even better, 5) with roughly the same skill level, then you will likely get a good match most of the time. Also, if you're lucky and EVERYONE on each side is solo, then you get a good match too. It seems like Riot assembles the really lopsided teams when you've got 2/3-person premades on one or both sides.
I'm right with you but I'm pretty sure vods will be up on YouTube.

Back to the kog talk, it looks like the q will be a skillshot?

Edwardo

I'm right with you but I'm pretty sure vods will be up on YouTube.

Back to the kog talk, it looks like the q will be a skillshot?

Ya I didn't realize that til one of my friends mentioned it to me earlier tonight. I've never played kog though, so I'm not sure how much it would affect him.

Type2

Ya I didn't realize that til one of my friends mentioned it to me earlier tonight. I've never played kog though, so I'm not sure how much it would affect him.
Gotta wait until it's on pbe and play him. I don't really understand it by the tooltip alone. It says first enemy hit. Would minions block it? Excited to check out some Janna and kog on the pbe.

Nekofrog

Banned
What a horrible day playing champs that 1. I haven't played in forever, or 2. Have played like once, or 3. Generally do very well on but didn't.

D:

At least it was fun.

Does it take a lot longer to find games when you are low rank? I've been searching now for like 8 minutes and haven't gotten a match on 5v5 draft. Says the average is 1:39. Yesterday I let it search for 15 minutes before quitting out.

Edit Found a game at about 9 minutes.

Does it take a lot longer to find games when you are low rank? I've been searching now for like 8 minutes and haven't gotten a match on 5v5 draft. Says the average is 1:39. Yesterday I let it search for 15 minutes before quitting out.

Edit Found a game at about 9 minutes.

Usually it's pretty fast at low rank, or at least, it was when I started to play.

Unless you're playing coop vs ai, or dominion.

brian!

i think
sometimes you are in elo heaven, it is a very illustrious and mysterious group and there are only a few ppl in it
those ppl get matched with each other playing games in a secret based community
where I can get matched with a 4-man and inadvertently take someones role, have horrible reconnecting lag for the first 10 minutes, but they are understanding

they say they will troll since I picked my bro and afkd, but what they really mean is someone is going to pick kayle jungle and also try their hardest

these games mebbe you have to wait a few extra minutes

Yeah, there is too much yellow on the common spells.

Flash.png
Smite.png
Barrier.png
Exhaust.png
Reminds me of Riot really liking blue and purple as primary colors on champions. It's well over half of League's current roster.

Then they changed the HUD colors for the mini-map and champion health bars too to expand their fetish.

Mothman91

I usually go Golem for Lee jungle, but I was so ahead I got Lizard and it feels so much better than Golem. I usually go Sunfire afterwards to fulfill some midgame tankiness.

Sometimes I really wish this game had voice chat. Sometimes spamming danger pings isn't enough to say don't fight and you can't stop to type or you'll get engaged on.

would also love a "warded" ping so I stop accidentally blowing my ult because I type too fast and press enter before I press R.

Nev

Banned
The way they're copying Dota 2 style of icons in summoner's spells, items and such is unbelievable. When, who and why decided copying the artistic style of your main competition (when you're more succesful, moreover) was a good idea? It's a terrible idea, and the worst is that it doesn't fit League AT ALL. The pastry, soft drawings feel totally out of place. They fit in Dota 2 because the rest of the game looks like that, it doesn't look sharp and ultra-defined as Lol.

I guess that's the way not to get overthrown, mimicking instead of consolidating your own style. It sure worked good for these games that thrown their personality away in chase of the CoD crowd, didn't it.

Sometimes I really wish this game had voice chat. Sometimes spamming danger pings isn't enough to say don't fight and you can't stop to type or you'll get engaged on.

would also love a "warded" ping so I stop accidentally blowing my ult because I type too fast and press enter before I press R.
Instead of copying Dota 2 art they should copy Smite VGS system. Smart ping system is a joke in comparison.

The way they're copying Dota 2 style of icons in summoner's spells, items and such is unbelievable. When, who and why decided copying the artistic style of your main competition (when you're more succesful, moreover) was a good idea? It's a terrible idea, and the worst is that it doesn't fit League AT ALL. The pastry, soft drawings feel totally out of place. They fit in Dota 2 because the rest of the game looks like that, it doesn't look sharp and ultra-defined as Lol.

I guess that's the way not to get overthrown, mimicking instead of consolidating your own style. It sure worked good for these games that thrown their personality away in chase of the CoD crowd, didn't it.

Instead of copying Dota 2 art they should copy Smite VGS system. Smart ping system is a joke in comparison.

Whoa, that seems pretty complicated. I like the idea behind it though, but I wouldn't want to give up pings. I love pings so much. I have pinging bound to my mouseweel, and another mouse button bound specifically to the caution ping.

InSec on Lee Sin, the hype is real

Edit: if you told me four months ago that I'd see an alistar-sivir botlane being played by one of the best teams in the world I would have laughed at you.

Ashhong

Ahhhh one more win until I finally get out of gold 5. Went on a terrible losing streak and have been stuck at like 0 points for weeks. Still earning less LP than I lose when I lose a game but I'm getting there.

nami has a mejais w h a t

Big heals, big money, big wins.

The Mikhael's was the more questionable buy, though with an AD Lee Sin and a Kha'Zix going for quick executions on Vayne it's still pretty solid. People forget since they only ever see Thresh and Leona anymore, but the 'traditional' supports need to build AP now.

Edit: That game was basically just showing why you play Lee in the jungle and Kha in a solo lane. Lee was hitting all the kicks - and then becoming useless for the rest of the teamfight due to the amount of punishment he was taking getting in for them. Kha was hitting all the jump-ins - and not killing Vayne with them due to not having enough damage to burst through Nami's stacked heals. Reverse the two, Lee goes in and still gets the kick, and now Kha actually has the damage to capitalize off it. Nothing of value is lost. As much as I love watching Insec on Lee Sin, strategically there was no good reason to run that composition and a breakdown for lack of a real tank late-game was inevitable.

38 less HP on lvl 1, 4 less HP on lvl 18? I don't think that is unreasonable seeing how strong she is in all stages of the game.
It's a problem because A) laning against Lucian, Sivir and Annie and B) I doubt the nerfs will end there. Plus changing marksmen like that before all the S4 changes are out is way too risky for said characters since there's a good chance her balance might be thrown out of window to either side by the time they get released. Low health Jinx with weak armor runes at level 1? Yeah that will be fun.

That said, I like the Flame Chompers buff. It can root more than once now so that's something I guess. I'm just worried because Riot likes to go really overboard on consecutive nerfs sometimes.

Jobbs

Banned
This game, more than any other I can recall, feels like a time machine.

Do I need it to be an hour later? League of legends.

It works on up to... Well, as many hours as you need to travel.

It's crazy.

This game, more than any other I can recall, feels like and has become used like a time machine.

It's crazy.

I used to think 40 minutes was a long time, then I started playing League.

It's especially bad during the winter months. Start playing when you get home from class at maybe 2:30 when the sun is up, then before you know it you're sitting in a completely dark room because you never got up to turn any lights on after the sun went down, which you didn't even notice.

The length of the games is what actually gives me "ranked anxiety." If I mess up early, I don't want to be stuck playing from behind the whole time, thinking about how bad I did. Early game is really stressful for me for some reason.

Leezard

It's a problem because A) laning against Lucian, Sivir and Annie and B) I doubt the nerfs will end there. Plus changing marksmen like that before all the S4 changes are out is way too risky for said characters since there's a good chance her balance might be thrown out of window to either side by the time they get released. Low health Jinx with weak armor runes at level 1? Yeah that will be fun.

That said, I like the Flame Chompers buff. It can root more than once now so that's something I guess.
Lucian and sivir pay for it with weaker late game. Jinx has nearly as good early game followed by all game dominance. This slight health change means you will have to be just slightly more careful.
Guessing further changes won't do any good.

This game, more than any other I can recall, feels like a time machine.

It's crazy.
No wonder some of these matches feel like Doctor Who episodes.

garath

Jinx nerfs make me sad :( She's my favorite champ to play right now. It's forced me to try and become a better adc just so I can play her.

I guess she is pretty strong though. I didn't think it was her survivability though. If anything her damage needs a tweak.

Lucian and sivir pay for it with weaker late game. Jinx has nearly as good early game followed by all game dominance. This slight health change means you will have to be just slightly more careful.
Guessing further changes won't do any good.

Lucian, weaker late game? I dunno about that one :p

I would put the two on par honestly, but their late game is very different. Jinx has insane sustained damage, Lucian insane burst.

Jinx nerfs make me sad :( She's my favorite champ to play right now. It's forced me to try and become a better adc just so I can play her.

I guess she is pretty strong though. I didn't think it was her survivability though. If anything her damage needs a tweak.

Indeed. I still think her AS speed boost on towers is too powerful.

Against Jinx, Lucian is definitely weaker late game. Lucian's steroid on his passive has a moderate cooldown.

Jinx has one of the strongest late games for an ADC in terms of damage output. She'd be right up there with Vayne, Kog and Sivir.

Against Jinx, Lucian is definitely weaker late game. Lucian's steroid on his passive has a moderate cooldown.

Jinx has one of the strongest late games for an ADC in terms of damage output. She'd be right up there with Vayne, Kog and Sivir.
Uhh, what cooldown? He can use whenever he uses a skill, at max rank his Q has a 5 second CD so he can essentially string together 4 passive shots effortlessly. Jinx has pretty much no chance dueling a Lucian late game, he'll explode her before she can even get enough Pow Pow stacks, she has to poke him far away with Fishbones.

Also she doesn't compare to Vayne and Kog, not even close. She does Tristana levels of damage, which is still second highest, but again, not even close to Vayne and Kog. She also has to be in 525 range for said damage it while all the others have 550 and up for their auto attacks.

That's what I meant. His passive's "cooldown" is limited by the cooldowns of his regular abilities. Strictly in terms of Q usage, his passive would proc more or less as often as Cait's late game.

That's what I meant. His passive's "cooldown" is limited by the cooldowns of his regular abilities. Strictly in terms of Q usage, his passive would proc more or less as often as Cait's late game.
But he doesn't have to be gated by his Q. Q > Auto > W > Auto > E > Auto > Q > Auto

If you're in range for Q late game why would you not use everything else

I know. I said strictly.

In practice you'll only use Q (5sec) or W (10sec) regularly during a teamfight. E is saved for emergencies or good opportunities to reposition (eg grabbing a kill) while R is entirely situational. Probably even on cooldown when you poked enemies beforehand.

Leezard

I would put the two on par honestly, but their late game is very different. Jinx has insane sustained damage, Lucian insane burst.

He definitely has a weaker late game than Jinx. Her long attack range for safety and great attack speed steroid for duels combined with a more useful ultimate shifts it in her favor. Her passive which is great for repositioning or cleaning up is just the icing on the cake.

Longer attack range makes a huge difference late game.

Lucian is definitely stronger early-mid though.

Sh1ner

Reminds me of Riot really liking blue and purple as primary colors on champions. It's well over half of League's current roster.

Then they changed the HUD colors for the mini-map and champion health bars too to expand their fetish.

Probably to do with how characters need to stand out against the colour palettes of rift, aram and crystal scar? Colour Theory yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom