• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Yes! I kept telling myself during the match "heh, just like Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest and Ghosts&Goblins" and as I closed the window my memory got wiped clean.

I also tried Leona (I guess?) and some sort of fire sorceress transforming into a dragon but I got boo'd from my random teammates :(

Well that fire dragon sorceress is EXTREMELY good right now :p

yea I don't think I can use tear anymore

it's just too shit lol
i warned you about the Tear man

Aren't those copyrighted?

How do people deal with Riven top? Her early burst potential is insane with that 3 q into knock up into w stun and so forth.
Learn to trade effectively by being aware of her cooldowns. Pay attention to what item(s) she bought for level 1. If she's not showing herself when minions have spawned and already reached the middle of the lane, chances are she's lurking in the bush waiting for an all-in cheese. Just pick your fights, control bush vision if possible and take your time if need be; I've rarely lost to a Riven (even Diamond mains) when playing top Elise for instance by adopting a primarily reactionary playstyle until I get a lead. They're an overzealous bunch.

Did Yorick ever get that ultimate/rework that gave him a thousand souls or something crazy, I forget. Was that a troll or what?
Xelnath posted that as one of several concept to gather feedback from the community. I hope he goes for that one once Riot stops hating on Yorick and once they'll finalize his rework; even though that one does root him in place for a couple of seconds, it'd still be a fairly unique ult if League's engine can actually handle the onslaught of mini-ghouls. The other ones Xelnath drew up all sounded boring and unexciting in comparison.

lnz9.jpg

To this day I don't know what Yorick brings to a team. I'm pretty sure I've only won with one other Yorick in life. Mothafucka had the nerve to tell me midgame when I was 6/1/2 (9 kills on the team total) that I was watching he and Karma fight. HERP fucking DERP. Sometimes you wonder if teammates are playing the same game you're playing. I was busy defending towers, trying to peel Kha the fuck off of Karma (to varying degrees of success), and kill their whole team. Not sure what he was doing other than starting off 1/8 and insta-dying.

I'm sure you guys have all lifted worse teams...but I haven't. Last night's lift was heavy too, but not as heavy as this one. Stressful match was stressful. Wins have been hard to come by tonight. All week, really.
I keep saying this to myself whenever you post a match result screen, but that Yorick has a questionable build. Only Triforce and Spirit Visage were fine. I'll even go as far by saying that everyone but you had iffy items to varying degrees.

He wasn't even a bad pick against those enemies and when looking at your own team comp. All three of your champions excell in drawn-out fights, and they'd have no problems making that happen even in Twisted Treeline. A Yorick that knows what he's doing can manhandle Kha'zix and Mordekaiser in lane, depending on who he faced. Late game he'll just become increasingly harder to kill if he pushed his advantage during laning phase if he didn't waste his money on shit itemization (this includes Tear) due to his passive and sustain with ample CDR, and then there's his ult to bring you back to life. At least I hope he used it on you: his build is subpar at best to make the most out of a self-revive and it'd be a waste on Karma. I know he got nerfed for Twisted Treeline, but I doubt they had much of an effect against enemies like that.

Also use abload or imgur or something, imageshack is officially frowned upon here.

After going from Silver 1 -> Silver 3 in the space of a day, I had to revisit the Tidecaller for some free ELO.
capturekjpow.png

I should never have doubted you ;_;

I keep saying this to myself whenever you post a match result screen, but that Yorick has a questionable build. Only Triforce and Spirit Visage were fine. I'll even go as far by saying that everyone but you had iffy items to varying degrees.

He wasn't even a bad pick against those enemies and when looking at your own team comp. All three of your champions excell in drawn-out fights, and they'd have no problems making that happen even in Twisted Treeline. A Yorick that knows what he's doing can manhandle Kha'zix and Mordekaiser in lane, depending on who he faced. Late game he'll just become increasingly harder to kill if he pushed his advantage during laning phase if he didn't waste his money on shit itemization (this includes Tear) due to his passive and sustain with ample CDR, and then there's his ult to bring you back to life. At least I hope he used it on you: his build is subpar at best to make the most out of a self-revive and it'd be a waste on Karma. I know he got nerfed for Twisted Treeline, but I doubt they had much of an effect against enemies like that.

Also use abload or imgur or something, imageshack is officially frowned upon here.
I wish I could watch some of you guys play Yorick so I can at least understand his *potential*.

And yea, lowish ELO always suffers from itemization issues. Probably one of the top 3 reasons people stay in low ELO. As a Dota guy, I'm familiar with the reality that item purchase decisions (order, type, etc.) can make or break your teams ability to compete. I've seen people rush Spirit Visage in games against all AD teams seemingly out of force of habit.

To that degree I too still don't always know when is the right situation to pick up certain items and when the right time to do so is. For example, I don't know when it's too early to pick up a LW vs some other damage item. I have yet to run any numbers to know when a Liandry's will benefit me more than a Void staff or something. A lot of the items still look "same-y" to me at this point in my League life. When I get a clearer understanding of the net worth of +armor/magic pen vs flat damage boosting items, my itemization and order of purchase will drastically improve.

I almost feel like I need a custom match with bots that don't move where I can observe the damage differences done by a variety of item compositions vs differing levels of hp, mr and armor.

Anyway, I always do appreciate the feedback good or bad, as it makes me feel like I'm on the right track more often than not (or points me in a good direction like the Rengar build conversation). So to hear my itemization was decent is nice. I'm still not sure about the Hydra purchase but I felt like I needed lifesteal for more sustain and it was bought to replace my jungling item (my last purchase).

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't know, I'm still not convinced about S4 Nami.

She takes a specific kind of enemy team comp to really excel, as she has an iffy CC with her Q that really relies on two crucial things; the players ability to aim and land it, and the enemy player's lack of dodges/escapes. Tidal Wave is easy to see coming and more mobile champs can strafe out of it. Her heal is good but not great during early portions of the laning phases.

I feel like with the current meta, if you're not a tanky CC machine as support the odds are against you, unless you add some kind of burst to your CC (Annie).

This coming from an avid Nami lover, too.

I don't know, I'm still not convinced about S4 Nami.

I don't think the second part is that crucial if you hit the Q, either way, you mess the target up and it's safer than playing Leona. Unfortunately, both of my babes suffer from players not following up bubbles/Zenith.

Her heals aren't great, but then who is compared to Soraka? I routinely beat Nasus etc on healing done when playing the fish. Tidal may not have the same potency of Sona's ult, but works a lot better wrecking TFs than starting them, so it's pick your poison IMO.

But yeah, tanky support are definitely in now for the sole reason you can guarantee a tank. On the tanky support front, though, there is really only Leona. Thresh isn't up to the task and Taric is still poor post-6. I don't think Annie support is that great, period. Too easy to kill pre-6 and has to sacrifice too much "supporting" to be good. I haven't actually tried Annie support but I've blown them all up with my support roster including Zyra.

le bip

Neo Member
how would ghostblade work on pantheon?

tbh I don't think I ever bought the item, but cleaver is so meh nowadays

Not really well, Ghostblade is meant for autoattackers while BC suits best casters, and Pantheon falls in the second category.

Am I the only one that is surprised there isn't any kind of flame phoenix like skin for Anivia?

I mean with the whole thing about flame phoenix being reborn by their ashes (egg in this case), it has potential to be a cool skin. (Wall of fire, her ultimate could be a circle of fire, the reborn from ashes-thing has a lot of potential for a cool animation, etc)

Then again, it would be against Anivia's lore (Anivia, the Cryophoenix). But they could make it for Shurima's Desert patch (believe) kind of like with Black Frost Anivia.

(Black Frost Anivia would still be better)

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like riot should probably make normals matchmaking to only take the highest mmr from the premades into account

just won a game against a challenger player going premade with a bronze. and like my game had a bronze too and both bronzes went support and it was just a bunch of golds watching the bronzes weird shit (our sona was doing wolves at one point, split pushing at other, she rushed glacial shroud+blasting wand) while our kat just gave the challenger flak for some reason.

and like seriously matchmaking is not really shit, there's just no finding a fair game for a challenger that queues with a bronze, so why not just match them with all challengers and diamonds and if you want to queue with your challenger buddy man up and prepare to get your ass whopped

garath

Why is normals matchmaking so bad. Would it kill them to increase the queue time just slightly to get a more even match?

I got grouped with a 4 man premade of all gold and silver against a team with one bronze, 3 plat and a silver.

Next game was a team of all golds against a team of all silvers with me the lone gold. Also 1800 game average against 500 game average. Sigh.

Surely there are more even matchups out there.

drawkcaB

Then again, it would be against Anivia's lore (Anivia, the Cryophoenix). But they could make it for Shurima's Desert patch (believe) kind of like with Black Frost Anivia.

(Black Frost Anivia would still be better)

Cryocore Brand. Lore doesn't stop Riot from making skins, with exception of Kat grinding down a candy cane stripper pole. Apparently that was out of character.

garathk said:
Why is normals matchmaking so bad. Would it kill them to increase the queue time just slightly to get a more even match?

I got grouped with a 4 man premade of all gold and silver against a team with one bronze, 3 plat and a silver.

Next game was a team of all golds against a team of all silvers with me the lone gold. Also 1800 game average against 500 game average. Sigh.

Yep. Very rarely am I matched up against people at my level. Being paired with players that have x4+ as many games played as me is the norm. The most infuriating part is seing the other team is clearly superior and I still get purple side. Normal matchmaking is garbage.

2hwh.jpg

#lowELOitemizationProblems

Against that comp, and laned with me against Mal and Swain....

Mundo rushes first item Sunfire. Of course they just melt him repeatedly for an 0/6 start.

When asked, "why didn't you rush Visage against an AP damage over time team?" at around 10 minutes he said,

"Why can't you burst anyone yet?"

then,

"Because they're squishy."

ibQPmKRAPunJF.gif

GAF pls.

Fuzzery

Normal elo has nothing to do with ranked elo

Fuzzery

it doesn't have anything to do with that, people that are shit at ranked are shit at normals and challengers aren't bronze in normals

normals matchmaking is just broken

Well, a lot of people don't play their main roles in normals, so plats are really silver if they play off roles and stuff

garath

Normal elo has nothing to do with ranked elo

Except it does. You're not going to be Plat in solo queue and have 1800 normal games and be equal to a silver player with 300 normal games and 100 ranked games. There's no way on this planet that they have the same normal elo.

And chances are if you're bronze in solo queue, you're not gold level.

Take this game for example:
tzLxwoR.png

Which team did you think won this game? There is nothing even about this matchup no matter how you look at it.

It's just broken. It's frustrating because sometimes I just want a chill game where I'm not sweating divisions, lp gains or anything like that or maybe I'm just working on a new champ or role. I would love a decent match either way. Most often normals are just stomps one way or another though. It's ridiculous.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, a lot of people don't play their main roles in normals, so plats are really silver if they play off roles and stuff
a lot of people do, and a lot of people play whatever in ranked. just use the highest mmr, plats aren't really silver if they don't play their role, c'mon.

Except it does. You're not going to be Plat in solo queue and have 1800 normal games and be equal to a silver player with 300 normal games and 100 ranked games. There's no way on this planet that they have the same normal elo.

And chances are if you're bronze in solo queue, you're not gold level.

Take this game for example:
http://i.imgur.com/tzLxwoR.png

Which team did you think won this game? There is nothing even about this matchup no matter how you look at it.

It's just broken. It's frustrating because sometimes I just want a chill game where I'm not sweating divisions, lp gains or anything like that or maybe I'm just working on a new champ or role. I would love a decent match either way. Most often normals are just stomps one way or another though. It's ridiculous.

try being matched with challengers :p

at least last game's karma didn't tryhard but challengers and diamond 1s are the worst. they just #yoloswag420 all game long, going 1v3 and dying, towerdiving while underleveled, building randomly then when they think they're about to lose they just turn the screws and it's faker time. I mean I don't mind people tryharding but tryhard all game long, stomp me, that way I learn something. instead it's just taking advantage of normals being shit and me being matched with some random plat and bronze dudes because matchmaking couldn't handle the clusterfuck of a premade you created.

like I said I think the solution is for normals just use the highest player's solo ranked/normals mmr. take the higher mmr and use that one. if you go premade with your bronze friends, I'm sorry but fuck them, make a smurf account if you want to play with them or they can be the ones that gotta endure getting outmatched rather than me.

I'm not even complaining about matchmaking not working at late hours or anything, it's like 8pm or something.

garath

On my phone so not going to quote the whole post but exactly. Its prime time. 8-9pm est. I get a game in like 15 seconds. How about take the million players, spend an extra minute and do a better job with matchmaking.

A lot of it is their tendency to try and match premades. I would MUCH rather match skill level than premade status.

zkylon

zkylewd
On my phone so not going to quote the whole post but exactly. Its prime time. 8-9pm est. I get a game in like 15 seconds. How about take the million players, spend an extra minute and do a better job with matchmaking.

A lot of it is their tendency to try and match premades. I would MUCH rather match skill level than premade status.

yea pretty much

make queue times a bit longer, use ranked mmr and value highest ranked player higher than premade status.

premade status does matter a lot tho, it's also pretty annoying to run into a 5 man premade as a duo and just be strategically outplayed at every minute simply because half your team is just randomly walking around

brian!

it already takes ~4-5 min for q pop tho
wut if steve winwood is right and riot is buying up all my time

but i mean u guys are too fixated on rankens and the numbers you can see when there are like a million beautiful mind type numbers floating around that you can't see you don't really know if the mmrs are matched up nicely or not prolly should stop using that website altogether in this man's opinion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i have to wait about twenty five minutes in queue cos my mmr is so high.

lif is hard.

brian!

is steve the prophet
he said he is from dota but i looked it up and there is no place called dota????????????

he also kind of looks like boken (there could be something there.....................but what?)

zkylon

zkylewd
it already takes ~4-5 min for q pop tho
wut if steve winwood is right and riot is buying up all my time

but i mean u guys are too fixated on rankens and the numbers you can see when there are like a million beautiful mind type numbers floating around that you can't see you don't really know if the mmrs are matched up nicely or not prolly should stop using that website altogether in this man's opinion

gotta use that lolking now thingie to find out who's the idiot at bot lane that figured going 30 0 0 is a good idea

brian!

iunno my typical match is everyone does a pretty good job and then I get honored
plus my runes and masteries are probably pretty shitty its not like i can hate, in this man's opinion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
30/0/0 can work. it's not like you get that much out of dumping nine into another tree.

Type2

How dare you

When the hell are they going to fix the player icons on the map showing up in random places.
Buffs on the pbe, shreds current tank meta and he is so beautiful. I can see him show up in competitive this season. I want to believe.

What's the consensus on the strength of varus currently?

zkylon

zkylewd
30/0/0 can work. it's not like you get that much out of dumping nine into another tree.
the support 30/0/0

or like caitlyn with 30/0/0 or something

or like 28/2/0

whatever, if one's got 9 in defense and the other doesn't I know who I'm aiming my hooks at

Edwardo

OGN Champions Winter 2013-2014 Semifinals

t1389173400z1.png

SK Telecom T1 K vs. KT Rolster Bullets
Best of 5 Series

Pandora Stream
Twitch Stream

4ljCMDo.png

Buffs on the pbe, shreds current tank meta and he is so beautiful. I can see him show up in competitive this season. I want to believe.

What's the consensus on the strength of varus currently?

He was up there with Corki as my favorite adc's. I guess he could still be good with a good support, but there are a bunch of champs that have some kind of escape better than the nothing that he has. Q still chunks with W stacks, but it's just more annoying with all the Annies, Leonas, and Tarics out there looking to stun you.

Type2

He was up there with Corki as my favorite adc's. I guess he could still be good with a good support, but there are a bunch of champs that have some kind of escape better than the nothing that he has. Q still chunks with W stacks, but it's just more annoying with all the Annies, Leonas, and Tarics out there looking to stun you.
Maybe Janna and lulu need some buffs first.

Fuzzery

What's a main role?

Roles ppl are best at/play competitively, like froggen mid, turtle ADC, etc.
Well I just want to be able to jungle teemo AND WIN, while playing with friends

Blizzard

Banned
Am I the only one driven nuts by these?

Youmuu%27s_Ghostblade_item.png
Teleport.png

When the TP icon is set on the HUD I don't even know what I'm looking at. It just looks like some jumbled violet swirl.
Smite always confuses me too. It used to be a really obvious PURPLE CLAW so you could at a glance tell who the enemy jungler was. Now you have to sort through flash and barrier or whatever. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom