• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

With Jinx I'm a complete lane bully. I punish from the get go and keep the pressure up. Poking with W and Q rockets put the hurt down especially if they have a melee support. She has a lot of base damage. I rarely lose lane with a decent support. The only marksmen that have a chance of competing is Sivir and Lucian and even them I can generally take the advantage. A LOT depends on the supports though. I can harass but truly committing to an engage requires the support.

Teamfights I'm still working out. If the game is anywhere even, I'm still struggling a bit. No positional escapes make for an easy assassin/bruiser target. Machine gun is too short range to get in and do the dirty work, generally relying on rocket and W to do the damage. I try to alternate as best as I can to keep the AS up but it all contributes to why I like Phantom Dancer as a second or third item. I'm generally kiting the bruiser that's diving me or trying to stay out of range of the assassin engage.

bjb

Banned
So I worked my way up to Silver II last night. I'm hoping to keep climbing towards gold, but does it even matter with this 'reset' coming for the new season?

Not entirely sure how that all works.

Newt

So I worked my way up to Silver II last night. I'm hoping to keep climbing towards gold, but does it even matter with this 'reset' coming for the new season?

It's not going to be a true reset since you're going to retain a portion of your mmr. Lets say you make it to Silver I before the end of the season. If play like you normally do in your provisional matches it's likely you'll remain Silver I.

Aside from your League standing, you have your hidden MMR which is the number the system uses to match you with similar skilled players. You win, that number goes up, you lose, that number goes down. That number is also basically a reflection of your league standing and affects LP gains - if you win more LP than you lose, you have a higher MMR value than your league division's value, if your gains and losses are the same the system is basically keeping you in place because you are where you should be.

So with that, the base MMR is 1200 which is basically around Silver 4 if we talk divisions. When the reset occurs, your MMR will be moved by a certain value towards 1200 - if it's higher, you lose MMR, if it's lower you win MMR - but not exactly 1200. This new value is the one that will be used in your placement matches. The higher you get in the preseason, the higher said number will be, which means it'll be a lot easier to get placed where you left or higher.

TL;DR - Your progress isn't meaningless and getting Gold or higher now will make it a lot easier to get Gold or higher straight out of the placement matches.

bjb

Banned
Aside from your League standing, you have your hidden MMR which is the number the system uses to match you with similar skilled players. You win, that number goes up, you lose, that number goes down. That number is also basically a reflection of your league standing and affects LP gains - if you win more LP than you lose, you have a higher MMR value than your league division's value, if your gains and losses are the same the system is basically keeping you in place because you are where you should be.

So with that, the base MMR is 1200 which is basically around Silver 4 if we talk divisions. When the reset occurs, your MMR will be moved by a certain value towards 1200 - if it's higher, you lose MMR, if it's lower you win MMR - but not exactly 1200. This new value is the one that will be used in your placement matches. The higher you get in the preseason, the higher said number will be, which means it'll be a lot easier to get placed where you left or higher.

TL;DR - Your progress isn't meaningless and getting Gold or higher now will make it a lot easier to get Gold or higher straight out of the placement matches.

Oh cool, thanks for the write up. Much appreciated.

Newt

seems like that's the perfect place she should be
As my second most played champion she's a real situational pick for me. "Does our team need a Vayne?" I have like a priority list.

Do I need to bully? --> Draven
Do I need a safe lane? --> Sivir
Do I need % damage? --> Vayne
Are my mechanics bad atm? --> Lucian

zkylon

zkylewd
As my second most played champion she's a real situational pick for me. "Does our team need a Vayne?" I have like a priority list.

Do I need to bully? --> Draven
Do I need a safe lane? --> Sivir
Do I need % damage? --> Vayne
Are my mechanics bad atm? --> Lucian
perfect

my own system:
do I need to have fun -> ezreal
do I need to win game -> varus
do I need to waifu -> jinx

in all cases I'd rather just play syndra

zkylon

zkylewd
This is me all the time now. Solo que ADC is brutal.

tbh I never really liked playing adc except maybe back when mf was considered strong since I've always liked playing her. she's kinda like the annie of adcs, she's simple to play but in a way I really enjoy and end up going man mode 1v3 and winning

part of that has to do with me not enjoying the general adc gameplay so much but also that I don't trust any support except for myself (and madlife :p). I hate people not giving me vision or not helping me cs under turret or just engaging when we have a big enemy wave pushing towards us, etc.

so I'd rather just support since I get to play annie and blow little girl adcs up or thresh and make plays off silly gold dives.

my ranking so far is mid > support > top > adc > jungle. I feel like it's just too late for me to learn how to jungle even if I feel I might be decent at it, but I don't like junglers' kits (except maybe amumu?) anyways.

but on the whole adc thing, I don't think adcs are weak on their own right now, it's just that their late game role just got exacerbated since supports are now really strong mid-game. hope it stays this way tbh, I like the tank meta way better than the bruiser meta, susan excluded

Einbroch

Banned
So I just downloaded and installed SMITE, thinking I would just make fun of it and have a bad time.

Holy crap, SMITE is really fun.

Edwardo

So I just downloaded and installed SMITE, thinking I would just make fun of it and have a bad time.

Holy crap, SMITE is really fun.

Yea I was watching my buddy's lil brother play it a few days ago. It looks fun, but I probably wouldn't get into another moba now.

brian!

TPSreports.jpeg

DeadNames

Banned
Ao Shin is very, very far down the road. Probably not even this year. There was a lot we learned about him after we introduced his concept art. His concept at a character has changed dramatically, but much for the better. It will take a while to develop an excellent kit that matches his lore.

¬.¬

Rengar now only has 2 seconds to attack with his Q, instead of 6 (on PBE).

Wow. Between this change and the heal nerf that's already on PBE, they're Olafing Rengar.

Fucking hell. No more triple Q of any form now. Heal halved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom