• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I approve of Diana now wearing pants with her new skin, if that's official artwork.

Rengar now only has 2 seconds to attack with his Q, instead of 6 (on PBE).

Wow. Between this change and the heal nerf that's already on PBE, they're Olafing Rengar.

Fucking hell. No more triple Q of any form now. Heal halved
Turning Rengar into another Olaf wouldn't be too bad considering his rework didn't flat-out suck contrary to popular belief after an additional tweak or two.

Better off describing it as "getting PBE Eve'd" or "Nunu'd" for a negative outlook.

ALN1031

loooool.

Is that the official splash art though?

It should be, found on: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/26958-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-1-9-2014-lunar

Here's the loading screen cut-up:

Diana_2.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
why? He doesn't need to be Olafed. Like, at this stage they should just fucking hurry up with the reworked kit they've had for him for ages instead of this shit.

you can't really speed up an iterative process. it's a lot of trial and error that you can only find out through testing, which is a lengthy process.

in the meantime, a champion that can instagib you from 100% stealth on a meta with a limit of 5 pink wards should not exist.

they should've nunu'd him a long while ago if you ask me

I approve of Diana now wearing pants with her new skin, if that's official artwork.
from looking at her left leg, those appear to just be long stockings aka not pants.

not necessarily an awful thing for me as this is the deity type skin more than a warrior kind of thing. her default skin already fulfills my pants fantasy anyways

Turning Rengar into another Olaf wouldn't be too bad considering his rework didn't flat-out suck contrary to popular belief after an additional tweak or two.

Better off describing it as "getting PBE Eve'd" or "Nunu'd" for a negative outlook.

By Olaf, I mean what they did to him before his rework where they straight dumpstered him.

you can't really speed up an iterative process. it's a lot of trial and error that you can only find out through testing, which is a lengthy process.

in the meantime, a champion that can instagib you from 100% stealth on a meta with a limit of 5 pink wards should not exist.

they should've nunu'd him a long while ago if you ask me

Rengar's not instagibing anyone right now. Tank Rengar is what's best right now, playing him as an assassin just in't very good right now because he'll just get battered in lane and do nothing. And his rework is still gong to have stealth.

Not to mention, Scarizard is the one overseeing his balance. He's had a kit for ages that was pushed back because all of them hard to work on Season 4. He should go back to the kit he had and get it tested on PBE instead of rushing out ridiculous nerfs. I'd argue there are much bigger problems in top lane right now than Rengar who aren't getting dumpstered. He's not like Olaf was when he got destroyed.

ALN1031

Someone just pointed out to me that in the large size of Diana's new skin splash art, one of the clouds in the top left is shaped like a bunny rabbit. Cute.

from looking at her left leg, those appear to just be long stockings aka not pants.

not necessarily an awful thing for me as this is the deity type skin more than a warrior kind of thing. her default skin already fulfills my pants fantasy anyways
IT'LL BE PANTALOONS GOD DAMN IT

zkylon

zkylewd
Rengar's not instagibing anyone right now. Tank Rengar is what's best right now, playing him as an assassin just in't very good right now because he'll just get battered in lane and do nothing. And his rework is still gong to have stealth.

Not to mention, Scarizard is the one overseeing his balance. He's had a kit for ages that was pushed back because all of them hard to work on Season 4. He should go back to the kit he had and get it tested on PBE instead of rushing out ridiculous nerfs. I'd argue there are much bigger problems in top lane right now than Rengar who aren't getting dumpstered. He's not like Olaf was when he got destroyed.

1. it doesn't really matter if there are bigger problems, patching is about doing what can be done. it's hard to fix top lane and the tank meta. it's easy to nerf rengar and make his crap gameplay go away. you know this brah

2. yeah they should be going hard on the rework but that shit takes time and again nerfing can be done right away so why leave something shitty up?

3. it's less annoying now that people are playing him tanky (which is why I've been wanting this since people were playing more as an assassin) but that doesn't change you can still build assassin and do it. if your top laner doesn't punish him for it I can be farming merrily with wards up and suddenly I'm dead. or I can pink a brush, he finds it and breaks it, then kills me next minute.

and stealth isn't really the problem about him, the problem is that it's stealth+leblanc like burst and unlike eve you don't even get to see him when he's close. that shit shouldn't be in the game.

also while you're at it riot please wreck tristana's ap ratios. thanks

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/br/2240517#matches

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit

EDIT: Never mind, you meant Rengar, not Talon

So a friend talked me into playing this, I have a little experience with DotA2 but seeing as friends play this ill probably stick with this now. Lucian can get crazy powerful, providing my support isnt a godamn moron like the last few matchs..

Only up to like level 6, mostly playing Lucian with the odd Alistar. I guess bots is the way to go atleast to get a grasp on any new guys I try out right?

Also do I get any more RP points other than the first 400? I played as Chogath in beta which was fun and it seems I apparently missed him being on sale..lame.

Kenai

So a friend talked me into playing this, I have a little experience with DotA2 but seeing as friends play this ill probably stick with this now. Lucian can get crazy powerful, providing my support isnt a godamn moron like the last few matchs..

Only up to like level 6, mostly playing Lucian with the odd Alistar. I guess bots is the way to go atleast to get a grasp on any new guys I try out right?

Also do I get any more RP points other than the first 400? I played as Chogath in beta which was fun and it seems I apparently missed him being on sale..lame.

Most will warn you away from playing against bots because there's a lot of things you won't learn playing against them that you will need to learn vsing players. I personally love doing a "quick" bot game for my win of the day and when trying out new champs but I can sort of understand the sentiment for things like jungling and warding and the like.

RP is only available by using the store and buying point bundles with money, but you can get every single champ with IP which you earn by playing matches. Save RP for a skin/ or champ/skin bundle you really want since skins aren't available any other way outside of special events like PAX and end of season rewards, which are pretty uncommon.

I'd jump straight into normal matches against humans. When I was learning, I honestly found bots were harder than other players to start with (it's hilarious looking back now obviously).

Just play the free champs in the mean time. If you like bot lane and want to get good with one champion while learning instead of changing every week, get Sivir.

EDIT:

Also I played a custom bots game with Malzahar to see his kit, and I have to say, his q is the hardest to hit skill shot in the game. I think I've seen him in ranked maybe once? I'm not alone in thinking this guy is really week right?

Ok, thanks for the info!
I guess its not like im in a super serious league right now so against normals might not be too bad. Just bad if I then use the char incorrectly and screw over myself/the team!
Also ingame name is the same as here if people feel like adding me.

You've just got to suffer through the pain, eventually you will become competitive.
Ok, thanks for the info!
I guess its not like im in a super serious league right now so against normals might not be too bad. Just bad if I then use the char incorrectly and screw over myself/the team!
Although normals is for the most part nothing like ranked. You will often be up against "troll" team-comps or even in one. Just let it breeze over you whilst you learn the game.

Kenai

Also I played a custom bots game with Malzahar to see his kit, and I have to say, his q is the hardest to hit skill shot in the game. I think I've seen him in ranked maybe once? I'm not alone in thinking this guy is really week right?

Malzahar is actually quite deadly. His full combo will melt all but the tankiest of opponents and his E's additional effect means he doesn't really run out of mana. His main problem is that his ult is pretty easily countered by a Cleanse or one of the items with the same effect on it, and if that ult is countered everything else can be shrugged off.

I wouldn't worry that much about who plays what regarding ranked in this game and just play what you like (within reason, find stuff that works for you that also gets you wins). I'm not saying that higher-up ranked people don't know what they are doing, and imitating them can often be helpful, but LoL is quite hive-minded in a lot of ways regarding character popularity/viability and champions can be considered weak or go unnoticed for long periods of time until some random tournament player picks them up and does well with them, even if their kit hasn't changed. A large number of current tops picks/bans (Mundo, Annie support, Syndra immediately come to mind) got there that way, and I'm sure it will happen again when the tournament season starts up.

Nekofrog

Banned
Udyr tips? I've had him forever and never really tried him because of the "stances". I get that they're just spells, but there is so much variance in what they do I get confused and lost as to what to do.

Malzahar has pretty much some of the worst disadvantages a mid laner can have. Underwhelming kit, no escape and his main tool which is his ultis really easily countered by buying an item. He's an annoying laner but that's about it, unless he gets fed he's useless since it's so easy to force him to go OOM and deny farm in lane and people can just buy QSS later on and kill him in teamfights if he gets close enough to ult.

There's very, very few mid laners that I can say are completely unviable and I consider Malzahar to be one of them.

phinious

Malzahar can potentially counter roaming assassins early game. Try flash teleport and just push rly hard. If assassin leaves you just take tower and ping a lot. Works in gold, prolly not so much in higher ranks.

Forgot to mention liandry's/rylias with his abilities is pretty fun.

garath

Laned against a Kha'zix as Yasuo last night. I suspected but reaffirmed that Kha'zix has a stronger 100-0 all-in at all stages of the early game. But Yasuo can poke the hell out of him and farm pretty safe with Q. I outfarmed him pretty handily and managed to get a return kill most of the times he and Udyr dove me and once I got shiv, IE and randuins, he was no longer a threat to me.

Still love Yasuo mid. I haven't found a matchup that is completely unwinnable yet and I'm getting much better at managing his knockup and teamfight potential.

faridmon

Sigh. I think I might drop Morgana as my main. While I really like her and her comboes are quite good and efficient, I just get destroyed during end game where her magic resistance and defence are weaker in comparisons. Plus no escape and her being slow means a lot of deaths.

Sigh. I think I might drop Morgana as my main. While I really like her and her comboes are quite good and efficient, I just get destroyed during end game where her magic resistance and defence are weaker in comparisons. Plus no escape and her being slow means a lot of deaths.
Are you building Zhonya's? End game shouldn't be a problem with proper flash ults into trophy.

Nekofrog

Banned
SGYepBr.jpg

LeaveYouAPreview is right, Wukong jungle is absolutely broken right now. I've never even Wukong'ed before and this was so easy.

faridmon

Are you building Zhonya's? End game shouldn't be a problem with proper flash ults into trophy.

yeah, I have been building towards Zhnoya's recently, but ALAS, I am still lacking. Perhaps is the way I am building my items, but at the same time, the gulf between the opponent and me in terms attack/defence just becomes too great.

Edwardo

If it helps, I hate when there is a Morgana on the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom