• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i6MljmdqWOvs5.png

matchmaking so broken rito pls

Why does everyone hate Quinn?
Blade of the Ruined King rush happened. People still think Quinn is a good fit for that regardless of lane.

that happened for like a month and it was great

then everybody forgot they even existed

they could do something like 50 more ip on first win of the day for people with ribbons and I bet people would go back to fake nice mode, which is great. you can then make ribbons easier to lose so people have to continue being nice to keep them and everyone's happy.
They could do something, like, actually doing something with the Honor system. RiotLyte put it out a year ago (if not longer), proclaimed he has "experimentation" up ahead of him for the plans he "envisioned" and shortly thereafter radio silence about the matter to this very day.

Not looking to Team Builder at all due to this (since that's also his project), should there be something glaringly wrong with it on launch or if it's missing basic functionality.

DeadNames

Banned
I just got outplayed so hard by amumu. Getting his wraiths when I see him walk past at like 200 HP. I was playing Kha, so I jumped in and he stuns me AT MAX FUCKING RANGE and the turret kills me. I just felt like quitting.

Then fiora and teemo fed Kat and Jax and it was over.

Then I proceed to get a Sivir who splitpushes bot and then complains when we get caught out. FUCK ALL ADC PLAYERS

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else here ever smurfed in another region? I'm from NA but I'm currently smurfing in LAN. Ended up double xping and quick bot games because the normal smurfs are so ragey/tryhard and queue times are shorter in bot games.

zkylon

zkylewd
They could do something, like, actually doing something with the Honor system. RiotLyte put it out a year ago (if not longer), proclaimed he has "experimentation" up ahead of him for the plans he "envisioned" and shortly thereafter radio silence about the matter to this very day.
do something like what?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wouldn't say that, but it is kinda weird seeing posts calling him useless and others wanting him nerfed simultaneously.

teemo's still meh

its just that with new vision stuff.... he's annoying again

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with teemo is that he's basically a champion made for griefing. pretty much everything about him is annoying and trolly and he's even a liability to his own team more often than not

I wish riot was more aggressive with their reworks and whatnot, but I guess that's what you get when you charge $$$ for champions

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
teemo is legit. good split pusher. good utility. good in lane at all phases. good scaling in to late game with options for his build path. literally no reason to pick quinn over him.

Not as godly in teamfights as before, but still murderizes anyone mid-lategame

Yep. In that one loss I had with him, I just couldn't out-carry an equally fed Irela. I tried my damndest. In fact, I should ask GAF. I may have itemized poorly to deal with her but I'm not sure.

d2ym.png
vs
z2fv.png

We really did a lot of trading killing each other towards the end. Never did get an honest 1v1 to see if I could really stand with her and I had to see. They had 2 AP with Lux and Heimer (so 3 disables). I felt like I needed to MR without sacrificing offense, and I needed the QSS to get out of the inevitable disable. Then I felt like I needed armor to deal with Irela because she was hurting a lot...and the crit, which is a must. Ghostblade I maybe could have sold at the end for some lifesteal of some kind, but I think I was distracted by the fact that our hard disabler (Mal) went afk for the last 5 minutes.

How would you long-time players would have itemized differently as Yi to deal with late-game Irela + Lux + Heimer? Lifesteal instead of LW or Frozen Heart? Mecurial, crit (any), and Maw felt like musts. Ghostblade felt like a must early-mid/late. I felt like I needed something to cut through all Ireila's armor, but I'm not sure if I went about it right. I just don't know. I'll never know for sure if it was enough because it was 2v3 in end, but I just don't feel like it was. Shit, maybe a warmog would have been better for the true damage. idk.

edit: I did have 6% lifesteal from my quints, so I wasn't completely lacking LS...but yea.

brian!

you know this..................................

i don really know about yi but it seems like you definitely don't need fh and if dueling is your goal yah get lifesteal
and mebbe like a real damage item, I mean it's not like you are going for irelia in team fights (or are you? i dunno 3s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep. In that one loss I had with him, I just couldn't out-carry an equally fed Irela. I tried my damndest. In fact, I should ask GAF. I may have itemized poorly to deal with her but I'm not sure.

d2ym.png
vs
z2fv.png

We really did a lot of trading killing each other towards the end. Never did get an honest 1v1 to see if I could really stand with her and I had to see. They had 2 AP with Lux and Heimer (so 3 disables). I felt like I needed to MR without sacrificing offense, and I needed the QSS to get out of the inevitable disable. Then I felt like I needed armor to deal with Irela because she was hurting a lot...and the crit, which is a must. Ghostblade I maybe could have sold at the end for some lifesteal of some kind, but I think I was distracted by the fact that our hard disabler (Mal) went afk for the last 5 minutes.

How would you long-time players would have itemized differently as Yi to deal with late-game Irela + Lux + Heimer? Lifesteal instead of LW or Frozen Heart? Mecurial, crit (any), and Maw felt like musts. Ghostblade felt like a must early-mid/late. I felt like I needed something to cut through all Ireila's armor, but I'm not sure if I went about it right. I just don't know. I'll never know for sure if it was enough because it was 2v3 in end, but I just don't feel like it was. Shit, maybe a warmog would have been better for the true damage. idk.

edit: I did have 6% lifesteal from my quints, so I wasn't completely lacking LS...but yea.

what site is this?

looks pretty

That feeling when the lane that counters yours gets fed... Were winning bot (I was thresh with a vayne vs blitzcrank and caitlyn), but that doesn't matter with a 12-0 Caitlyn.

Made some of my best ever thresh plays that game too. Was landing hooks between groups of minions to pull cait under turret and everything.

Mothman91

d2ym.png
vs
z2fv.png

Yeah...Frozen Heart wasn't the greatest choice for armor there. Randuins is waaaaay better due to the HP alone. Also, you should've sold the Ghostblade and gotten a IE. She or they didn't have thornmail so you were good to go on that.

zkylon

zkylewd
man I really wish riot added a lot more new items for this season

like mage itemization right now is usually pretty fun, dfg route is fun, zhonyas route is fun, cdr+deathcap route is fun enough, but I'd love to see a lot of new stuff, more spellvamp options, things that doubled the effects of buffs, or gave you like 80% cdr for 10 seconds, crazy stuff like that, for all roles

Yeah AP mages have a lot of good choices.

ADCs are still just: BoRK/BT, PD/SS/TF.

Supports are sightstone, talisman, crucible, then utility AP or tank.

Janglers are still golem + tabi.

Meatshield laners are sunfire, visage and randuin.

I dont think they're nerfing sunfire and visage properly, especially visage. Riot removed FoN, because it was too good as an ultimate MR item, but Visage is now better than it. Visage's identity isnt even the extra heal, but as THE item for MR. The best resist items also gave HP so it was a no brainer to stack them together.

I think they should shave the HP bonus from Randuin and Visage. Make Warmogs the HP item again.

On itemization, I feel like ad assassins have it pretty rough. Someone like Zed is basically useless at killing enemy ap carries once they get Zhonyas. It would be nice if there was an AD item that prevented opponents using active items for 3s or something.

Inskipp

On itemization, I feel like ad assassins have it pretty rough. Someone like Zed is basically useless at killing enemy ap carries once they get Zhonyas. It would be nice if there was an AD item that prevented opponents using active items for 3s or something.
So an item that silences the enemy, like Orchid Malevolence in Dota 2? That would be kinda neat.

Picked up annie in the end, played a few matches and my first i went like 12-3, second they quite before the midgame, third was not as great.

Its funny, in dota2 i can take being called a noob, but in this it winds me up. Some guy last match was crying KS to everyone, your a big noob annie etc and I just end up taking the bait and telling him to fuck off.
Its like the bottom of the barrel skill level matches, everyone is a godamn noob unless your some pro smurf.

NBtoaster

Had my first real bad game, 2-13 as Jax. I blame not acutally knowing he had a stun until like 15 minutes in. I looked at his skills and saw "2 seconds defensive stance.." and thought that was boring so didnt read the rest of it and leveled the others :L

The active isn't the problem with Zhonya's, or that there isn't a counter to it, it's that the item itself is way too strong in what it offers in AP and it's extremely low CD. Personally I feel if they nerfed the CD it would make the item less OP. At the minute it scales way too well from lane into late game.

The active isn't the problem with Zhonya's, or that there isn't a counter to it, it's that the item itself is way too strong in what it offers in AP and it's extremely low CD. Personally I feel if they nerfed the CD it would make the item less OP. At the minute it scales way too well from lane into late game.

90 seconds is a fair cooldown. Late game, it'll be almost always up in teamfights. The active itself can be bungled, and you'll be forced in a bad spot if you had to use it that time.

I'd personally just hit its AP. It still has one of the highest base AP in the game for the safety it provides. My problem is that it's difficult to do so. Zhonya upgrade itself only adds 5AP. Making it build with a Blasting Wand is part buff because it's a lot easier to purchase than having to wait for 1600g to get AP.

90 seconds is a fair cooldown. Late game, it'll be almost always up in teamfights. The active itself can be bungled, and you'll be forced in a bad spot if you had to use it that time.
That's my point, it always seems to be up. Edit: Yeah, actually using it for maximum effect requirtes some thought, but it is still too safe as an item. You can at least avoid some abilities and AOE even if you mess up trying to avoid being nuked by a Zed etc.
I'd personally just hit its AP. It still has one of the highest base AP in the game for the safety it provides. My problem is that it's difficult to do so. Zhonya upgrade itself only adds 5AP. Making it build with a Blasting Wand is part buff because it's a lot easier to purchase than having to wait for 1600g to get AP.

They could make it build out of a blasting wand but still keep the NLR tax on it. I'd rather Seeker's Armguard wasn't hit as it's a nice, fair item with reasonable cost and ramp-up.

There needs to be a solo-only queue. Bot lane premade always, always baddies.

Last game, Lucien 1/10 and "support" Morg 2/10, the latter which didn't even buy a sighstone or wards. Genuine despair.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually had a more complete inventory. Everyone was max level. Gold after you're 6-slotted doesn't matter anyway. You know that.
gold always matters, and having the same number of items isn't always a very meaningful metric. just eyeballing the items reveals that you have some cheap items or gold inefficient ones (brutalizer, ghostblade) while irelia is sitting on some of the most expensive items in the game (triforce, botrk).

zkylon

zkylewd

the problem is that zhonya's is what provides viability for a ton of no-mobility champions. unless you're extremely fed, you can't duel anyone with a mage without zhonya's. and while dueling isn't really your goal as a mage, you need some sort of defense against people that can nearly one shot you in lane like fizz or zed.

raising the cd basically makes it impossible to play against these champions in lane because they'll always get their ults back before you get your cd. fizz ult is 100s. zed is 120s. if you raise the cd on zhonya's basically forcing you to use zhonya's is almost as bad as forcing you to use flash.

Yeah AP mages have a lot of good choices.

ADCs are still just: BoRK/BT, PD/SS/TF.

Supports are sightstone, talisman, crucible, then utility AP or tank.

Janglers are still golem + tabi.

Meatshield laners are sunfire, visage and randuin.

I dont think they're nerfing sunfire and visage properly, especially visage. Riot removed FoN, because it was too good as an ultimate MR item, but Visage is now better than it. Visage's identity isnt even the extra heal, but as THE item for MR. The best resist items also gave HP so it was a no brainer to stack them together.

I think they should shave the HP bonus from Randuin and Visage. Make Warmogs the HP item again.
hmm, I dunno, I think the idea of shaving cdr off the item is meant for it to focus its identity on the extra heal. I think they should even maybe cut some mr from it too if that doesn't work. I feel like it would be cooler if visage was an item you should only buy if you're capable of self-healing someway

then again that'd mean more banshee's veils running around which is extremely annoying to deal with as a mage, so I'll take it :p

and as for itemization, I think adcs are pretty ok, it needs some tweaking but I think they have a good amount of routes (teamfighting with ie, dueling with bjork, sieging and ezrealing with tf, burst with bt+lw+ss, etc.). they should really do that last whisper and void staff thing that makes them do % of bonus armor/mr rather than total, so it's only effective against tanks, tho. as they're now they're too cheap and too good against everyone, it's dumb.

supports I think could be a bit better. I'd love zeke's herald to get a better buildpath (vamp scepter, really?) and probably remove the cdr from it and just make it give better self or aura stats. there's just too much easy cdr in the game to waste it on zeke's. then the gp10s are kinda lame compared to shurelya's in that they mostly don't really have a feel. like fotm vs mikaels isn't really noticeable and the slow on the frostfang thingie is ridiculously weak. that item in general is super lame. mikaels is really cool now tho, I really like it. I think shurelya's should have only 10% cdr, maybe, because like I said cdr is too damn cheap right now. I feel as a support you can't really help overcapping your cdr

ad assassins aren't so bad but they feel like they build the same every single game which is basically just a lot of ad. mage assassins get a lot of cool actives and other effects, and while I love hydra and bjork and hexdrinker, I feel like they could be better

don't really play anything else so can't comment too much :p

drawkcaB

I find the itemization in LoL kinda boring across all roles. They could fix the rarely used items and add 25% more Legendary tier items and still have niches to fill. Then there's other issues like some items have crappy build paths (Atma's, Frozen Mallet) no build path (Executioner's Calling) or restricted build paths (Phage, Haunting Guise, Hexdrinker). The itemization is just so...crappy.

scy

I find the itemization in LoL kinda boring across all roles. They could fix the rarely used items and add 25% more Legendary tier items and still have niches to fill. Then there's other issues like some items have crappy build paths (Atma's, Frozen Mallet) no build path (Executioner's Calling) or restricted build paths (Phage, Haunting Guise, Hexdrinker). The itemization is just so...crappy.

The problem with this is it comes with the assumption that the added items are only good for their niches without stepping on the toes of other areas and are fully balanced.

zkylon

zkylewd
The problem with this is it comes with the assumption that the added items are only good for their niches without stepping on the toes of other areas and are fully balanced.

pretty much

it'd take a preseason of its own to add that many new items

then again that sounds really fun if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom