• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
So an item that silences the enemy, like Orchid Malevolence in Dota 2? That would be kinda neat.
Out of all the potentially annoying or troll-style things in the game, silence is the one that is probably the most annoying.

I'll take Teemo mushrooms every day over that becoming more widespread.

They could implement a system where enough honour could get you an IP boost. Not sure how they could prevent people from abusing it though.
As a couple of us pointed out already, what is wrong with people "abusing" this?

If they get more IP to buy runes and champions...who does that hurt?

If they don't go AFK and act "fake nice" to get more IP, when in real life they're mean people...doesn't that still sort of improve things ingame?

zkylon

zkylewd
Do we know how long the preseason will be?

mid february I think?

Out of all the potentially annoying or troll-style things in the game, silence is the one that is probably the most annoying.

yup, fuck silences

As a couple of us pointed out already, what is wrong with people "abusing" this?

If they don't go AFK and act "fake nice" to get more IP, when in real life they're mean people...doesn't that still sort of improve things ingame?
I think it's more of making a system that isn't "farmable" so actually toxic people just farm honor, get the rewards and then troll people in-game or whatever. or people going "HONOR PLS OR REPORT" after games or something like that. although I imagine that couldn't last long

rito should probably make the reward pretty insignificant also as to deter people from just trying to game the system too much.

Do we know how long the preseason will be?

Last year it started the first of February.

I liked the new flash and barrier icon, until I realized they now look too alike. (color)

pFxDWva.png

The problem with this is it comes with the assumption that the added items are only good for their niches without stepping on the toes of other areas and are fully balanced.
Yep. The way the game is built right now, it's really really hard to add new items to the game without throwing balance in disarray.

The biggest example is the AD/Spellvamp AD caster players have been asking forever, since adding that would make bruisers get silly.

Yep. The way the game is built right now, it's really really hard to add new items to the game without throwing balance in disarray.

The biggest example is the AD/Spellvamp AD caster players have been asking forever, since adding that would make bruisers get silly.

Well... unless buying some item prevents you to buy some other one. Then you'd have a definite building route to chose. Wouldn't that work?

Meant on Riots end, they have a monetization system in place, and I'm sure they don't want people finding ways around that.

Holy...

Is it me or does Brand tons of damage? I was going to play with Anivia but my friend insisted that I played with another champion that I haven't played before, so we both were playing a champion for the first time, and I remembered how annoying is to play against Brand, so I picked him. 6/2/4 against Gragas (Gold V).

Cool.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea brand passive is stupid

I really like brand's kit, but his passive makes him so annoying to play against, I'd trade his q be pass-through minions for a shittier passive :p

DeadNames

Banned
mad cuz he carried you :3

Actually he lost us the game. Me (Aatrox) and Ziggs were wrecking everyone, but Thresh was just farming up top lane for his BT.

Holy...

Is it me or does Brand tons of damage? I was going to play with Anivia but my friend insisted that I played with another champion that I haven't played before, so we both were playing a champion for the first time, and I remembered how annoying is to play against Brand, so I picked him. 6/2/4 against Gragas (Gold V).

Cool.

Yeah, Brand is really sleeper ATM

zkylon

zkylewd
problem with brand is that you can very easily outplay his q

like if you have flash you have no business being stunned by him

like many other champions don't have escapes but they have strong enough cc and range to compensate like syndra or ziggs

he's not bad but he's not really competitive. I think he's pretty good support tho

So 6 of my last 7 games spanning the last 2 days have featured someone who was afk the whole game on my team. What are the odds, really.

Makes you just not want to play. They need to implement a Dota-esque abandon system in this game where if someone is afk for the first 5 minutes of the game, the afk player takes a loss and no win/loss will be awarded allowing everyone else to quit out and requeue immediately upon their abandoned status being logged. It's really not fair to have to take any loss 2v3, and having it happen 5 games in a row 2v3 only serves to accentuate the point.

So 6 of my last 7 games spanning the last 2 days have featured someone who was afk the whole game on my team. What are the odds, really.

Makes you just not want to play. They need to implement a Dota-esque abandon system in this game where if someone is afk for the first 5 minutes of the game, the afk player takes a loss and no win/loss will be awarded allowing everyone else to quit out and requeue immediately upon their abandoned status being logged. It's really not fair to have to take any loss 2v3, and having it happen 5 games in a row 2v3 only serves to accentuate the point.

Ive had this and it pisses me the fuck off. Out of say 8 games with 4V5, Ive won maybe 2 of them. The rest it becomes a long drawn out loss.
That or you get somene who dies like 5 times in a row then abbandons which is arguably worse.

It could be abused. Like, if you think you can't win the game because someone was trolling in champ select, just don't move, or to bully someone to go afk in champ select.

But I would like if there was something when all your team has left and you are the only one playing. I hated that match.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is Yasuo OP?
It could be abused. Like, if you think you can't win the game because someone was trolling in champ select, just don't move, or to bully someone to go afk in champ select.

But I would like if there was something when all your team has left and you are the only one playing. I hated that match.
They also get low priority as well. Saves time really.

Is Yasuo OP?

They also get low priority as well. Saves time really.

Oh, they said something about this, in a conference Riot Lyte did in a school or something, and someone said something about this that dota does, and they said basically that this doesn't help in "reforming" the players, or something.

Tomorrow/later I will look for the video.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh, they said something about this, in a conference Riot Lyte did in a school or something, and someone said something about this that dota does, and they said basically that this doesn't help in "reforming" the players, or something.

Tomorrow/later I will look for the video.
Yeah because everyone knows they are in Low Pri and doesn't care, but at least they aren't in the main queue for a few games. RIOT has a ton more staff and resources on player behavior though so that doesn't surprise me at all. If you have the vid I'd enjoy watching it.

I also actually had a fantastic game in Low Pri (My 1 abandon which I messed up a party leave) where we had wards, courier, pinged, called out ganks, etc. So it's not all hell.

I was challenged to try Urgot jungle after a friend linked me this. Sure I was probably going to lose anyway, so I gave it a go, twice. Lost both games but felt like I was getting somewhere. No clue of build path though, should have asked that guy. (In fairness at least one of those games had haters/feeders, but I was trying to make it legit.)

olB8oKY.png

Yeah because everyone knows they are in Low Pri and doesn't care, but at least they aren't in the main queue for a few games. RIOT has a ton more staff and resources on player behavior though so that doesn't surprise me at all. If you have the vid I'd enjoy watching it.

I also actually had a fantastic game in Low Pri (My 1 abandon which I messed up a party leave) where we had wards, courier, pinged, called out ganks, etc. So it's not all hell.

If you're interesed in the conference about player behavior.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYQ0AVVBGU (1 hour long)

The last part, Q&A was cool.
This is the part I was talking about.

How will the elo reset work?
When the reset occurs, your MMR will be moved by a certain value towards 1200 - if it's higher, you lose MMR, if it's lower you win MMR - but not exactly 1200. This new value is the one that will be used in your placement matches. The higher you get in the preseason, the higher said number will be, which means it'll be a lot easier to get placed where you left or higher.
It's not much of a reset as it is just shifting points around.

garath

I'm disappointed with this preseason. We've had like no patches. Some of the stuff they talked about doesn't appear to be happening (like the game starting earlier instead of waiting until 1:30 for minions to spawn, rune changes, etc).

A lot of these changes still feel a little bit like placeholders. Even if they drop another big patch on us next week or something, that's not a lot of testing time before LCS starts.

On a side note, Nightblue3 is my new favorite high elo jungler. Been watching his stream the last week when it was on and I'm very impressed. Not only is he really really good at the game, he plays the champs I like to play and is super informative. He's ALWAYS talking about what he's doing and why. So cool. He's like a Voyboy of junglers.

Currently 4th on the challenger bracket in NA (as long as you count all 3 WildTurtles ahead of him as one person).

Talents

Banned
Holy...

Cool.

He does a lot of damage, but he lacks any sort of mobility.

Delodax

I'm disappointed with this preseason. We've had like no patches. Some of the stuff they talked about doesn't appear to be happening (like the game starting earlier instead of waiting until 1:30 for minions to spawn, rune changes, etc).

A lot of these changes still feel a little bit like placeholders. Even if they drop another big patch on us next week or something, that's not a lot of testing time before LCS starts.

On a side note, Nightblue3 is my new favorite high elo jungler. Been watching his stream the last week when it was on and I'm very impressed. Not only is he really really good at the game, he plays the champs I like to play and is super informative. He's ALWAYS talking about what he's doing and why. So cool. He's like a Voyboy of junglers.

Currently 4th on the challenger bracket in NA (as long as you count all 3 WildTurtles ahead of him as one person).

I hope it's due to Christmas and new year's etc. Sounded like preseason could last up to a month longer so here's hoping :)

I am curious why they haven't implemented some of the changes like baron buff and earlier start. They have said that the reason for the lack of rune changes is that they just haven't finalized it yet.

It does suck for LCS that their might be some big changes mid split, but I think they also said they are talking to the teams about how they can do it without hurting the split too much.

brian!

i mean i can watch trick and have fun but watching nightblue is kind of like watching wings/bjergsen for me

wait no i dont watch his stream i just watch his youtube videos on reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom