• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i can watch trick and have fun but watching nightblue is kind of like watching wings/bjergsen for me

wait no i dont watch his stream i just watch his youtube videos on reddit

I used to like bjergsen before he started streaming with oddone and the other tsm dudes. I can't stand them lol

bjerg like froggen I just liked watching them farm :3

Leezard

So, due to a premade bot lane I got forced top lane in solo queue. Luckily Mundo was not banned so I had quite a simple time just farming and winning team fights by being big and chucking briefcases. My team was cool too, the premade botlane did not suck.

I seem to have taken a temporary visit to elo heaven.

brian!

im always on the lookout for a good story, probably the top tier streams for me were nhat and loco

i dont really like streamers that go ham making plays all the time (esp when they fail in a not funny way), when b1g plays are incidental it's a lot more fun for me. I'm ok with explainer streamers if they are explaining things I don't know or not explaining things I don't agree with.

sometimes I like to watch dyrus for the psychology

i still like watching clg ppl stream, chauster and jiji and aphromoo are fun to watch. qtpie is fun to watch when he duos with kiwikid

i mean nhat is probably cherry garcia and trick2g is some ben and jerry's peanut butter flavor and nighblue is a king cone

i just q'd into a custom match and it didn't pop out in front for me so I randomed smite ryze, thx guyz

garath

Didn't realize so much dislike for nightblue :)

I like the informative streams. People that talk a little more about what they are doing. I liked Wings a little more before. Lately he's been pretty meh. I don't like watching people farm (Dyrus, Froggen).

Meteos is the exception because he's just that good. Fun to watch simply for his skill.

brian!

yeah i mean ppl like different things
ufokidd for example only watches girl streamers and donates probably like $70 per day

i cant fathom a team dragging someone out of solo q right before lcs unless they were in a super dire situation and the only dire situation that would work for me is that snoopeh gets to go to the moon

Well, this weekend seems like I'll playing a lot of league, I have to make the most of the double-IP event.

Why is the patch 4.1? What happened to 4.0?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally hit level 30. I'll probably start ranked when the new season starts. I feel mid is my best lane, though I'm a high silver at most.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finally hit level 30. I'll probably start ranked when the new season starts. I feel mid is my best lane, though I'm a high silver at most.

sorry to say but if you just got to 30 you're high bronze at best

unless you have prior moba experience or you're remarkably good :/

I hit ~1250 Elo when I did my first placement matches, which was roughly Silver V. No prior MOBA experience, and most of my pre-30 matches were against Intermediate bots. I really hit my groove during that time. I remember I went 0/0/20 on my first ranked match as support Ali.

I went to a straight downhill slope to 900s afterwards though. I stopped playing ranked for a year. I'll never forget that ADC Cho.

I still wouldn't recommend jumping straight to ranked. You should at least have 2 comfort champions per role, and they shouldn't be one that are permabanned in lower Elo (Amumu, Kass, J4, etc)

Blizzard

Banned
I hit ~1250 Elo when I did my first placement matches, which was roughly Silver V. No prior MOBA experience, and most of my pre-30 matches were against Intermediate bots. I really hit my groove during that time. I remember I went 0/0/20 on my first ranked match as support Ali.

I went to a straight downhill slope to 900s afterwards though. I stopped playing ranked for a year. I'll never forget that ADC Cho.

I still wouldn't recommend jumping straight to ranked. You should at least have 2 comfort champions per role, and they shouldn't be one that are permabanned in lower Elo (Amumu, Kass, J4, etc)
I did something similar. I started playing ranked...I don't know, probably not too long after going 30, and went down to something like 790. Then I decided to learn the old pre-rework Katarina and went back up to 1200, but it took literally months to get there. Finally with a lot of grinding in season 3 I got up to gold V which was the equivalent of...what, 1300 in the old system?

Blizzard

Banned
wow it only took months and months of work and public release of a fake version to realize 1v1/2v2 is not a good idea. amazing.
Why don't you have an avatar? D:

Also I thought 1v1 was surprisingly good, maybe even 2v2 as well. Did Riot release any numbers on how popular or unpopular the mode was? If not, why do you say that they collectively realized it was not a good idea? Do you think the 1v1/2v2 was really a trial mode, or just a showdown/snowdown event following up the 5 random vs. 5 random event?

Riot mentioned that they were planning on trying several modes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
real pic january.

also:

Showdown was a relatively short-lived experience for most players. Tons of players tried Showdown out when it was first released, but, after only a week, players worldwide spent less than 1% of all in game time on Showdown. Generally, we heard good feedback about the 1v1/2v2 gameplay on Howling Abyss as compared to Magma Chamber. Players also had ideas about continued improvement of the 1v1/2v2 experience such as being able to do specific top, mid or bot lane matchups on SR.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/showdown-magma-chamber-info

zkylon

zkylewd
I played ranked after a good amount of normals, but wasn't really good at the game at all and did really poorly in season 2. like I think I have like 30% winrate or something. ended up in silver 4

Also I thought 1v1 was surprisingly good, maybe even 2v2 as well. Did Riot release any numbers on how popular or unpopular the mode was? If not, why do you say that they collectively realized it was not a good idea? Do you think the 1v1/2v2 was really a trial mode, or just a showdown/snowdown event following up the 5 random vs. 5 random event?

Riot mentioned that they were planning on trying several modes.

I liked the idea of 1v1 but I mostly ran across cheese. was fun for a bit to improve some ori mechanics

I think they said only 1% of the active players were on snowdown? it's on rito's post

Blizzard

Banned

Newt

Why does no-one know how to build Cho'Gath?
xVzWzob.png

Uninstalled again.

Even playing with a pre made, I forget that some of my friends are worse than the randoms that don't listen and go 0/8.

My friend goes in their jungle and dies over and over, were on Skype, I tell him don't do it, he just doesn't stop dying.

tumblr_lq4ebvNl5l1qht847.gif

if I play with randoms, I'll get someone that calls a lane then quickly goes 0/5.

If I play pre made, it's just as bad.

I just can't play team games, I can't. Gotta go back to Street Fighter.
this is after like 3 throws straight

See y'all in like 4 months
even though I never posted here lol

aqDwC.png

Newt

Uninstalled again.

Even playing with a pre made, I forget that some of my friends are worse than the randoms that don't listen and go 0/8.

My friend goes in their jungle and dies over and over, were on Skype, I tell him don't do it, he just doesn't stop dying.

if I play with randoms, I'll get someone that calls a lane then quickly goes 0/5.

aqDwC.png
Y u no attempt to play with GAF?

Subtle

Uninstalled again.

aqDwC.png

What's your rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom