• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

That was a goddamn slaughter.

Shy really needed to pressure her lanes more instead of counterjungle endlessly.

Counter jungling just isn't as effective as it was in S3. Sure you can farm a little more for yourself but it doesn't deny the opposing jungle as much and you leave yourself exposed. Despite getting stomped early, Cyanide was relevant the entire game and Diamond didn't have much lane pressure at all.

I'm sure Gambit knows this, the game just didn't go their way.

Who's been maining Trundle since Season 2? That's right, this guy.

Yeah? Toplane?

Yeah? Toplane?
Mostly jungle. Likely 8:2 jungle:top ratio if I (or the client itself) actually kept track of such statistics. Need more practice with him top outside of surefire counter-picking.

Also the funny thing is Mundo is like, the one melee Trundle doesn't really want to face top during the laning phase (soaZ probably aiming for the Shyvanna match-up) and Gambit still gave him a kill for it to not matter anymore.

You need the right comp for him.

I guess that makes sense. He gets peeled easier than a banana.

Also if renek/shyvana/vi weren't raidbosses I'm sure koggles would see a lot of play as well.
He does get kited relatively easily, but his criteria for an ideal team composition aren't that steep honestly. More dependant on what the enemy picks; pretty much a no-brainer against Shyvanna, Renekton or Vi for instance depending on the role and especially if the enemy opted for supports like Taric, Leona or to a lesser extent Thresh on top of that. Beyond that he synergizes really well with a good number of currently popular champions and he's a massive douchebag with the likes of Karma.

His 'best' time has come and gone though, back in Season 3. He would've shined if people knew about his strength during the Vi - Xin - Jarvan - Volibear - Susan jungle days, never mind when Nida/Lux/Jayce poke comps were all the rage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
they are very good and were most certainly the heavy favorites.
They're heavy favorites because they're long time players, but they're kind of just wash ups. Alliance is like those movies with Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis where the joke is that these old guys past their prime are teaming up.

sleepykyo

they are very good and were most certainly the heavy favorites.

Man, that poll was pretty lopsided at ~80%. And it did show during the laning phase but it seemed like CW always won out in team fights or managed to misdirect. eg. Kayle fakes a mid push and the team takes the dragon when alliance went mid.

Man, I wish I wasn't at work.

I play Panth a lot and I definitely think he's best mid, though he's too weak at the moment. He presents great map control opportunities but falls off hard, even when fed.

zkylon

zkylewd
B15431329C205E7654C54DAE0053EF69623F12F8

this was on broken age credits :p

garath

Ranked reset in the next few days. I should have played more ranked. :(

Have to see if my MMR is good enough to get placed back into gold right off. I'd imagine so but no telling. I could have a bad series. Time to get back in shape with the jungle. Been playing Jinx way too much. She's so much fun to play even though I mostly suck as an adc.

edit: Shyvana nerfs look pretty good. She's way strong right now. Would be nice to get her off the ban list. No Yasuo nerfs yay.

I like that Q change on Yauso. It was sometimes really, really annoying to keep up with how many Q stacks you had. especially in the middle of a fight. It was really kind of awkward. All of the Q's being autocast really does smooth out how he's played.

Leezard

Such a buff to Thresh. Sure, a slight nerf to his ultimate, but they just removed people's ability to counter play his lantern.

zkylon

zkylewd
Such a buff to Thresh. Sure, a slight nerf to his ultimate, but they just removed people's ability to counter play his lantern.

I've never seen anyone do the ward trick and I play a lot of thresh. at best ori ball or zed shadow

ult being harder to land is a big nerf actually. I wonder how much slower it'l feel

Leezard

I've never seen anyone do the ward trick and I play a lot of thresh. at best ori ball or zed shadow

ult being harder to land is a big nerf actually. I wonder how much slower it'l feel

Not necessarily warding it, but just walking on top of it and standing on it is common to stop the lantern, since it was the only way to stop his get out of jail free card. To not be able to do that makes it really difficult to deny a lantern unless you got a knockback or can cc them all the way to death.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not necessarily warding it, but just walking on top of it and standing on it is common to stop the lantern, since it was the only way to stop his get out of jail free card. To not be able to do that makes it really difficult to deny a lantern unless you got a knockback or can cc them all the way to death.

didn't see much people do that, tho in competitive that might be a decent boon to him

gotta test his ult change, this looks like a net nerf with a situational buff at best

Mothman91

Those Shyvana nerfs aren't too rough. Was expecting something more harsh, and where are the Ziggs/Mundo/defensive mysteries/Nasus nerfs? That Nasus nerf is a love tap compared to what people wanted.

Also they need to quickly put out something for Kass because I'm sick of auto banning her.

sleepykyo

Annie early stun reduced - yes, oh yes.

Riven nerfs - definitely deserved, but I am disappointed that in the 3 days since I unlocked her I was never able to abuse her ridiculous early damage since I keep getting stuck as support.

Can Riot please undo the nerf to Zed's w. Please. Thanks.

Yesterday I got carried by a Zed who built a relatively early BT after a botrk. Today against some bots I tried out going Brutalizer->BT early instead of botrk. To be honest, I think I like it more. I think with Zed's new ult not having the same chase potential as before it's stronger to build more flat ad so your abilities do more damage. Usually I find when I rush botrk that despite being fed I'll be basically useless without my ultimate.

Now to try it against actual human players.

Burt

lol. Nyph is so shit.

No Talisman, wtf?
Yeah, I just saw the game against CW, and I'm going to say a decent part of the reason they lost is because I don't think I saw him land a solid hook the entire game. Granted, CW did a good job keeping tanks front to block him from yanking a squishy, but if you're on the superstar team, you better be able to thread the needle or catch someone out. Otherwise, Thresh is pretty much a waste of a pick compared to someone like Leona. Vision was pretty poor across the board too.

I will say that Froggen had a few disappointing ults that contributed to the loss, though.

Leezard

Kennen support!

didn't see much people do that, tho in competitive that might be a decent boon to him

gotta test his ult change, this looks like a net nerf with a situational buff at best

It's not something that happens every single lantern, but I think it's sad that what little counter play that existed got removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom