• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

no one talking about the regen disappearing from spirit items and instead getting the spectral wraith on all?

wraith getting the +2 ability power per large monster kill?

junglers are ppl too guys
the spectral wraith passive is better as I believe. Someone did the math between that one and the old passive.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
no one talking about the regen disappearing from spirit items and instead getting the spectral wraith on all?

maybe mana heavy junglers will be viable now. mummy probably broken.

the spectral wraith passive is better as I believe. Someone did the math between that one and the old passive.
Yep. If you do enough damage you'll keep your health up.

Plus it sort of helps counter jungling since if you hurt the other jungler he won't be able to passively regen, I guess?

Season 4 (or 2014?) login screen:
cs_bg_champions.png

Animation & Music

Ahri <3

wraith getting the +2 ability power per large monster kill?

The pseudo lifesteal+spellvamp is a lot better than the regen. Give it a shot and marvel at the amount of regen you can get.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I should try jungle Darius again. One of his weaknesses were poor sustain (both health and mana). Spirit Stone alone should solve that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The pseudo lifesteal+spellvamp is a lot better than the regen. Give it a shot and marvel at the amount of regen you can get.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I should try jungle Darius again. One of his weaknesses were poor sustain (both health and mana). Spirit Stone alone should solve that.

i think people just misunderstood where i was coming from above lol

but yes, jungle income makes old, questionable junglers viable and even much more successful again. especially the mana dependent.

Type2

i think people just misunderstood where i was coming from above lol

but yes, jungle income makes old, questionable junglers viable and even much more successful again. especially the mana dependent.
I'll Def be trying out some new things as well as seeing how it affects my current favorites.

I really want this damn skarner rework to go live.

Zynx

The spirit drain passive rewards high dps (and good dmg/mana ratios), since the heal and mana drain depends on the damage you do. It might make a lot of champions viable junglers.

And I had an epiphany. The only reason to play solo queue normals is to find people with a good attitude to queue with. The difference is night and day in how fun the game is if you can find teammates who don't get angry at mistakes, while trying to win and work as a team. That's all that's necessary.

I don't like the arbitrary top/mid outer turret change. I don't like the idea of Riot trying to impose a certain "this is how the game should be played" on the game, and I really don't like how hard it will be for AP mids to take their tower by themselves.

Apparently Dota 2 is about to get custom maps. If this seriously comes to pass, it'll allow players to create little scenarios to help the train and improve so much more quickly - and I'll be super jealous. Given how much trouble it seems to be for Riot to just roll out one for all and showdown, I doubt we'll be getting anything like that soon.

...And I never got to play showdown since I was busy during the short time it was available. Bah.

Hoping for good games in the KT B vs NJ WS match.

So they went with the Ravage change.

RIP Eve

I really think the hate spike speed change is much more important. I still have yet to test it, but if someone running laterally relative to Eve no longer gets hit by it, it'll be a huge nerf. And this is a skill you can't manually aim, which is what makes me irritated. The ravage change to physical damage just makes it not scale with magic pen, a relatively small damage reduction.

brian!

im on an elo prison island where ppl want to chill and have fun its prtty weird
and when I play ranked it's ppl who want to win so much that they won't say a mean thing only based positive vibes (or perhaps I am being cynical)

I really think the hate spike speed change is much more important. I still have yet to test it, but if someone running laterally relative to Eve no longer gets hit by it, it'll be a huge nerf. And this is a skill you can't manually aim, which is what makes me irritated. The ravage change to physical damage just makes it not scale with magic pen, a relatively small damage reduction.

The point was to make her ganks harder to accomplish.

The E nerf though... screw that. I'll probably try AD assassin Eve. Her Q and E scales just as well as AD, and her ult is fine with zero AD.

Apparently Dota 2 is about to get custom maps. If this seriously comes to pass, it'll allow players to create little scenarios to help the train and improve so much more quickly - and I'll be super jealous. Given how much trouble it seems to be for Riot to just roll out one for all and showdown, I doubt we'll be getting anything like that soon.

Riot is just embarrassing now. I think I'll give Dota 2 more time if they keep getting outclassed with updates. Riot's "events" are just lazy. 2-3 new skins, resales of old ones and minor spins to an existing maps.

Leezard

Leona definitely takes more skill than Annie.

I feel like the problem is her e is too hard to land. If you are a squishy champ (Sona) and in lane against a Blitzcrank or a Thresh you have to dodge their hooks, but that is very possible with minions and requires a great player to judge the minion wave right to land a hook. Leona's e is simply far too easy to land. Blocking the e with someone like Janna is basically impossible unless you're godly, and I've given up trying to lane against Leona as anyone other than Thresh. The problem then being that Leona tends to be better in late game teamfights than Thresh unless you're strictly trying to kite the enemy team.

It's really not that hard, if you see Leona land her E you can just smartcast Q twice in her direction if she tries to land it on Janna, or just time it near the adc if it hit near the adc. You will get a high success rate without much thought involved. Thresh's E can be used to cancel it in the same way, which is the reason Thresh is a really good choice of support against Leona as well. Leona will not be able to hit her E unless she can catch the adc (and by proxy the support, as the support should be close enough to be able the cancel the E) completely out of position, she uses her ult first, or the support is not good enough to cancel the E. Levels 1-5 is safe as long as you can cancel her E.

If you play someone who cannot disengage her E, the problem is typically solved by going tanky and buying Doran's Shield on level 1 so you cannot be bursted down, and just ignore Leona's engage so the both of you attack their adc. Annie is a common choice for this, but less strong supports and Draven, Varus, etc can also do it.

edit: at around 12:40 in the SK vs Millennium matchup there is an excellent example of the "ignore Leona, kill adc". You won't always be able to kill him completely depending on your support, but you can more than win the trade.

I know how to do it. It's why I pick Thresh into Leona. I feel like Janna is so vulnerable though that it's a liability to stand right on top of your adc. And if you're not very close to them it starts to become impossible due to the cast time.

Leona takes more skillshots than Annie but is equally as cheap. As has been said, the E can be countered easily enough but as you said, the champs that can do it are pretty poor, really. Just go Thresh and bully them out of lane with your range rather than wait for the E. The amount of Thresh players I come across who idle next to their ADC or lurk in the grass is painful.

Why aren't you playing Nami?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Riot is just embarrassing now. I think I'll give Dota 2 more time if they keep getting outclassed with updates. Riot's "events" are just lazy. 2-3 new skins, resales of old ones and minor spins to an existing maps.

At least you have music videos and esports. :^)

The thing that makes Leona so strong that most people don't realize is that she has the highest base health regen in the game. She's basically chugging a health pot the entire game, which allows her to survive in lane and bully quite well.

I'd be down for hitting that, but I stand by my statement that she takes solid decision making skills and timing to chain her cc to do well, as opposed to Annie, which is tibbers/w/q for an instant kill every time.
I don't really think Leona is that good either. She's strong in the area she excells at (engaging) and arguably her ult has too short of a cooldown in conjunction with her high base health regen, but eh.

Then again I'd probably get called crazy for not finding Shyvanna, Vi and Riven to be OP either.

Leona definitely takes more skill than Annie.

I feel like the problem is her e is too hard to land. If you are a squishy champ (Sona) and in lane against a Blitzcrank or a Thresh you have to dodge their hooks, but that is very possible with minions and requires a great player to judge the minion wave right to land a hook. Leona's e is simply far too easy to land. Blocking the e with someone like Janna is basically impossible unless you're godly, and I've given up trying to lane against Leona as anyone other than Thresh. The problem then being that Leona tends to be better in late game teamfights than Thresh unless you're strictly trying to kite the enemy team.

Also please no Vi nerfs, I've only just started playing her and she's really fun :(
Thresh having a weaker late game than Leona? Um.

And if you find Leona that problematic (even though Janna is perfectly fine against her), there's still Alistar.

Season 4 (or 2014?) login screen:

Animation & Music

Ahri <3
Oh sweet, they're using the prolonged electro fart music again.

I know how to do it. It's why I pick Thresh into Leona. I feel like Janna is so vulnerable though that it's a liability to stand right on top of your adc. And if you're not very close to them it starts to become impossible due to the cast time.
If you're not in front of your ADC as Janna against melee supports, you're playing her wrong. She's not a good 'passive' champion during laning phase.

It's not small lol

It's not just not scaling with magic pen, but now it gets reduced by armor, which champs have at least twice as much as MR, even squishies. Hell, even jungle mobs. Plus it won't be affected by DFG, and to make it do actual damage you'll have to buy LW which is useless for her other skills aside from the AD on Q.

She lost Elder Lizard and now she lost both Liandry's and DFG. She's left in this weird itemization spot that will be impossible to maximize with league's asinine hybrid itemization. She can't assassinate anyone late game anymore, was turned into basically a shit version of Shaco and if the Q change is also as bad as you think it might be she'll probably be seeing a rework soon.

Nev

Banned

Champions beating the shit out of themselves is amusing within the game, but when you see images like that and imagine that axe halving that girl with blood, guts and flesh everywhere while she shouts of sheer pain, it suddenly isn't as cool.
Imagine a chick like Janna or a "kid" like Lulu getting repeatedly mauled by a rabid werewolf or devoured by a giant alien bug thing. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom