• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there needs to be counterplay to the lantern. You should have to throw it into space in front of your ally for them to beat the enemy to.

I think Riot really needs a plan for how they want to balance the game. Champions like Zed make exciting flashy plays. A meta where champions like Zed are contested picks is 10 times more exciting than this boring tank meta. Some champs have to be OP, might as well be the Lee Sin/Elise/Zed/Vayne/Ezreal/Caitlyn/Orianna who take skill to play instead of the Shyvana/Mundo/Olaf who don't take as much.

As someone who basically mains Shyvana, I have to admit, she's worse than Garen at this point as far as the lack of skill to her.

zkylon

zkylewd
What about Lux ultimate not going on cooldown if she dies before casting it?

(It's not enough)

I wish they did this for orianna too

you get killed mid ult animation, damage never goes off, it still goes on cooldown

it was annoying on lux tho so I'm happy they fixed it

uh, anivia is alright. these buffs should make her more fun to play too.
yea I'm just saying this patch is not what I wanted (aka buffs to supports)

It's not something that happens every single lantern, but I think it's sad that what little counter play that existed got removed.
I guess

it was a dumb mechanic as denying cannon minions with ori ball is. I'd rather they made it counterable in some other more intuitive way like an enemy could click on the lantern and pull thresh to them.

I agree there needs to be counterplay to the lantern. You should have to throw it into space in front of your ally for them to beat the enemy to.

I think Riot really needs a plan for how they want to balance the game. Champions like Zed make exciting flashy plays. A meta where champions like Zed are contested picks is 10 times more exciting than this boring tank meta. Some champs have to be OP, might as well be the Lee Sin/Elise/Zed/Vayne/Ezreal/Caitlyn/Orianna who take skill to play instead of the Shyvana/Mundo/Olaf who don't take as much.

As someone who basically mains Shyvana, I have to admit, she's worse than Garen at this point as far as the lack of skill to her.
morello talks some interesting stuff about lol's high level design for champions here: http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtra...to-detail-as-to-why-irelia-is-poorly-designed

I would rage at Edward for stealing that much cs in solo queue. Sure a lot of it was when Genja was out of lane but even in the earlier match vs Fnatic he consistently took a bunch of cs.

Report Cowtard unskilled player. Dumb champion pick against Khazix imo, and not itemizing properly either. Just completely avoidable.

edit: Diamond still best jungler eu.

Yeah, Cowtard being unable to step off mid tower basically gave the rest of their team zero map presence and jungle control. I like his mid Zyra, but not versus Kha.

yeah i mean ppl like different things
ufokidd for example only watches girl streamers and donates probably like $70 per day

i cant fathom a team dragging someone out of solo q right before lcs unless they were in a super dire situation and the only dire situation that would work for me is that snoopeh gets to go to the moon

low cut shirts don buy demselfs.

brian!

riot claiming that prisons do not help recidivism rates
so progressive

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

campaign to end the death (ban) penalty (too soon)

Myz

Neo Member
Hey guys, trying to relearn league of legends. Come hang out and give me pointers.

Twitch.tv/themyzzzz

twitter.com/themyzzzz

brian!

what is ur league name let me pester you as if I know anything at all
its KILLING ME that your tv is on but no one is watching

garath

Those Shyvana nerfs aren't too rough. Was expecting something more harsh, and where are the Ziggs/Mundo/defensive mysteries/Nasus nerfs? That Nasus nerf is a love tap compared to what people wanted.

Also they need to quickly put out something for Kass because I'm sick of auto banning her.

I think the shyvana Nerf will hit pretty well especially coupled with losing half the passive damage from sunfire. She'll still be tanky as hell but not do nearly the same midgame damage.

Are you watching, Ziggs haters? This is how to exploit Ziggs' weakness.
High mobility team comps are the medicine for a lot of problem champs in pubs. LB, Renek, Vi, Ez all fly around team fights.

You know what SK is sorely needing to make that Ziggs more effective? CC. Specifically AOE stuns. Like Amumu instead of Lee.

DeadNames

Banned
What was wrong with Olaf before? I don't think Elise needs nerfs. I don't know about Vi because I don't play her and don't see her as often as Elise/Lee in the jungle.

Nothing. Nothing was wrong about Olaf.

"But he was picked in ogn!"

So was Elise, and she's remained broken far longer than olaf in solo queue AND competitive play.

Newt

Disagree. Annie was too strong in the wrong way.

Leona takes a lot of skill and number crunching to dominate with.
Having a 40% popularity and a 53% winrate indicates that Leona's skillcap is too low. Personally whenever I need to support in solo q, I just pick Leona because she's so easy to do well with compared with someone like Lulu or Nami. I'm actually wondering if you're being serious atm :p.

zkylon

zkylewd
Disagree. Annie was too strong in the wrong way.

Leona takes a lot of skill and number crunching to dominate with.

are you serious?

I'd say there's some depth in knowing when to engage and how much you can take and how to layer your passive for the most damage but leona is pretty dumb at the moment

Boken

Banned
I still have two weeks left of this blizzare adventure

Can't make lcs thread some1 just steal it or talk in here I hope I survive have fun guys

zkylon

zkylewd

Can't make lcs thread some1 just steal it or talk in here I hope I survive have fun guys

remind me to ask you some things about japan

I'm thinking of blowing all my savings to go there

The thing that makes Leona so strong that most people don't realize is that she has the highest base health regen in the game. She's basically chugging a health pot the entire game, which allows her to survive in lane and bully quite well.

I'd be down for hitting that, but I stand by my statement that she takes solid decision making skills and timing to chain her cc to do well, as opposed to Annie, which is tibbers/w/q for an instant kill every time.

Edwardo

NiL8ooH.png

Leona definitely takes more skill than Annie.

I feel like the problem is her e is too hard to land. If you are a squishy champ (Sona) and in lane against a Blitzcrank or a Thresh you have to dodge their hooks, but that is very possible with minions and requires a great player to judge the minion wave right to land a hook. Leona's e is simply far too easy to land. Blocking the e with someone like Janna is basically impossible unless you're godly, and I've given up trying to lane against Leona as anyone other than Thresh. The problem then being that Leona tends to be better in late game teamfights than Thresh unless you're strictly trying to kite the enemy team.

Also please no Vi nerfs, I've only just started playing her and she's really fun :(

EDIT:

Reading the patch notes, they are changing the mid and top tower so they take less damage from champion basic attacks, in an effort to stop 2v1 lanes. This is great. I honestly think 2v1 lanes are boring as hell, it's much nicer to see the two top laners and two duo lanes fighting each other. 2v1 really just makes skill in laning phase much less relevant, and makes it harder for the top laner to carry. It also encourages the tanky meta since you don't have to be as afraid of being dived.

Leona's E has a shorter range, though. I agree she's strong, but I don't think she should be nerfed too hard since she doesn't scale that well with gold.

Her being tough is more of a result of ADCs being horrible at taking down tanky characters right now, especially early game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
in many ways leona is even safer than annie. super tank stats and you just win all trades unless you just don't even attack. leona range is super long too. 700 on zenith, 1200+ on solar flare. ridiculous, and short c/ds to match. even if its a losing proposition leona is tanky enough to walk out and disengage.

really they're just both broken and ruin bot lane though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
no one talking about the regen disappearing from spirit items and instead getting the spectral wraith on all?

wraith getting the +2 ability power per large monster kill?

junglers are ppl too guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom