• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Now that Ziggs is definitely going to get hit with the nerf bat, it's time for me to move onto another OP faceroll champion.

<3 you, Kayle.

garath

to be fair they did make tradeoffs. They cut the crit damage on Statikk Shiv's passive for Yasuo, as well as changing how crit chance works with Statikk Shiv meaning it actually crits less, which is a big hit for Yasuo too.

Where'd you get that from? That on PBE? I don't see it in the patch notes.

garath

patchnotes:

that's not what Philip said though. He said they're changing the way statik shiv works so it will crit less often as well as the less damage. I don't see that change anywhere in the patch notes. Guess I'll check the PBE notes. Might be a change coming down the line.

edit: Ew. I shouldn't have looked at the PBE notes. Sizable Khazix Q nerf :(

zkylon

zkylewd
that's not what Philip said though. He said they're changing the way statik shiv works so it will crit less often as well as the less damage. I don't see that change anywhere in the patch notes. Guess I'll check the PBE notes. Might be a change coming down the line.

oh that

I don't think that actually went through

xelnath or morello was talking about that the other day but if it's not on the patchnotes they might've kept it for the next patch

Aww yiss the Kassadin nerfs are back. Was his W a one auto attack modifier before - before as in the last time the nerfs appeared on the PBE? Or was it an auto attack buff?

idlewild_

It's probably not changed yet, you can find the info here though: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44350256#post44350256

Aww yiss the Kassadin nerfs are back. Was his W a one auto attack modifier before - before as in the last time the nerfs appeared on the PBE? Or was it an auto attack buff?

It was for a single auto earlier; it is kind of debatable whether it was a nerf though, you could burst people in a combo+auto after like 2 items.

Yasuo is already really strong. Buffs worry me.

I don't see anything that can be considered a buff. tossing out his 3rd Q is more training wheels now since all of his Q's are autocast, but it's not like they sped up the tornado or reduced the cooldowns or something.

IMO he needed the shield after the ult because he puts himself in the middle of fights and gets melted really easily.

He still takes a lot of skill to play well.

drawkcaB

Not implemented yet. It was mentioned by Meddler IIRC. Evidently Shiv rolled twice to see if the lightning burst would proc, once for the auto-attack itself and once for Shiv. They're going to change it so it works as intended and then adjust both Shiv and Phantom Dancer.

nekofrog said:
Now that Ziggs is definitely going to get hit with the nerf bat, it's time for me to move onto another OP faceroll champion.

Nerf is on PBE: level 1 Q mana increased to 70, tops out at the same amount of mana at level 5. They hit him in the right spot, his early pressure. He'll still be strong.

And for the first time I can remember, if it's ever even happened Renekton has been nerfed (finally). What is this madness?! What's next, Maokai buffs?

idlewild_

And for the first time I can remember, if it's ever even happened Renekton has been nerfed (finally). What is this madness?! What's next, Maokai buffs?

I don't see the Renekton nerf, it just removed the "Enemy champions heal for 4x as much." which was redundant since it already stated " gains 5% of the damage dealt as Health (20% for champions)", which has not changed.

Jenga

Banned
So kassadin's base dmgs got ravaged but that W rework kinda sounds cool

that Kha Q nerf is okay, but the R and leap buffs are kinda nice i guess

Mothman91

which means he's picked every game
Because he's the only safe/viable pick that fits the top meta. Don't know if anyone else that can fill the tanky top role like Renekton can if Mundo/Shyvana are not available. Everyone else is a mana user and no one wants to deal with the hassle of managing that.

DeadNames

Banned
Renekton? Lol, he's pretty fine where he's at. He's a backup pick if Mundo/Shyvana are taken/banned. Don't know what you think of that needs to be nerfed.

He's not fine. He's been too strong for too long. He auto wins lane. Its boring to watch, and boring to play.

I'm honestly shocked that khazix is getting nerfed. Riot is so out of touch with their playerbase.

Leezard

Sunfire and Spirit visage nerfs are great, yeah. Hopefully they will allow more champions to compete in top lane. Trundle and Jax should be happy, at least.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's a pretty big deal of a nerf to Kha's Q.

:I

I'm mad. The leap getting a slightly faster cooldown means nothing. Its weaker too.

The R now giving a bit more speed, reduced damage, and ignoring collision is nice though. I guess.

Mothman91

Yup, same with Elise and thresh.
Thresh is too good as a support. He does everything that a team needs. 2 forms of cc, a way for allies to escape, an ultimate that can be used for peel or holding someone down for a bit and they are so well tied together. Either they nerf him a bit or buff some other supports because he will always be viable and at the top of the support pick list for what he brings to the table.

Elise on the other hand...she has a very unique kit that has 6 spells. Hard CC and a gap closer being the biggest. She's very...I don't know the word to describe her but she brings what most people want from a jungler through her kit.

Burt

Want to get my hands on that new Xerath. Or should I just call him Xarus with his new Q? Damage nerf on the ult is gonna hurt, but that range is crazy.

Gonna miss that magic pen. And what to build now? Wonder how effective the new passive is gonna be and if it'll let you skip out on Chalice. Liandry's spam with the new W?

garath

Just played Elise again after ages (actually it wasn't that long I guess.. couple weeks). Been watching a ton of Nightblue3 lately and trying to pick up some of what he does with her. Fine tune the Elise jungle if you will. Biggest thing he stresses is efficiency efficiency efficiency. Especially at lower elos. It's so true. I made that my number one focus that game and I was consistently 1 full item and 2 full levels ahead of the opposing Rengar jungle even though he was gifted a triple kill early.

Efficiency. Avoid farting around essentially. Always be doing something. Holding a lane, farming your jungle, securing objectives, ganking. He and Meteos are shining examples of it. It's so much harder than it looks. Half a dozen times I looked at my conservation and saw 80 and realized I was not being efficient.

Turned that game right around and fed the hell out of Morde. Ended the game with the second most gold and 2-3 levels up their entire team. Not too shabby.

League GAF I need your help.

So I'm on like a six game losing streak (actually probably more than that now that I think about it) and I can't seem to get a win to save my life. I know they're doing the ladder reset soon so it doesn't really matter, but I want to not get seeded in a shit position next season and maybe even reach silver. I heard they're doing it by your MMR, but I'm worried that mine will be so shit because of this streak.

Any advice? I never feed, I ward, I play smart, I don't belittle my team. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

So I'm on like a six game losing streak (actually probably more than that now that I think about it) and I can't seem to get a win to save my life. I know they're doing the ladder reset soon so it doesn't really matter, but I want to not get seeded in a shit position next season and maybe even reach silver. I heard they're doing it by your MMR, but I'm worried that mine will be so shit because of this streak.

Any advice? I never feed, I ward, I play smart, I don't belittle my team. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve.
Sometimes losing streaks happen. What champions are you playing? What items are you buying? When is it you feel you fall behind in a game?

FWIW, I watched some guy in Challenger lose like 4 straight yesterday. Game is hard and people on the other team are trying hard to win too. How do you feel about your individual play? Because at a certain point, the other 4 people on your team have to deliver too.

The role you play can also have a pretty big impact. Some roles have a much easier time carrying a game than others (read: support).

If you feel like it's you sucking...take a break. Like a day or two. You might be "on tilt" and not realize it other than that you realize you're not making decisions all that well. Not watching the minimap closely, going all-in when you shouldn't. That sort of thing. Those issues are often remedied with a break.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea taking breaks is smart since you're just bringing all that frustration with you to every game if you don't. that kind of thing leads you to not be playing your best and that can snowball against you

just relax, play something else for a while

but shit happens, I've had 9 or 8 defeats in a row

Type2

All these changes and all I can think of is the sad little pony hecarim who got hit way too hard with the nerf bat. I remember when they nerfed his q after he already sucked....
I really like the idea behind his w skill especially on a jungler. I know it needed to be tuned and I'm okay with that. Gutting his q though leaves him with nothing. I'm going to be hopefully and give him a try with the new regen passives.

Play with xcloser and let him carry u to elo heavon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom