• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
League GAF I need your help.

So I'm on like a six game losing streak (actually probably more than that now that I think about it) and I can't seem to get a win to save my life. I know they're doing the ladder reset soon so it doesn't really matter, but I want to not get seeded in a shit position next season and maybe even reach silver. I heard they're doing it by your MMR, but I'm worried that mine will be so shit because of this streak.

Any advice? I never feed, I ward, I play smart, I don't belittle my team. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve.

Just take a break, or have fun with friends in arams or normals. I went in a horrible losing streak with 12 defeats in a row some weeks ago, it was normals but it was still incredible frustrating, I played a a few arams with friends just having fun, laughing in skype, and went back to 5v5 the next day and I broke my losing streak, winning like 12 out of 15 games.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been playing mostly support and AD carry. We always seem to lose it early game, top and mid feed them to shit, and then lose. I have been soloing ranked, but it seems like I'm always the one to make it out alive. Every time I support we seem to do well at least, so I might just stick with that.

As for champions, I have played Caitlyn, Leona, Janna, Ahri, Quinn, and Sona. Graves too.

I just won last game as Leona. Our Singed was doing really well and Talon made a dumb move, so he naturally got called out on it by Singed. He proceeded to sit in fountain for a good five minutes or so and we almost threw because of it.

Does anyone know how specifically how the new system is going to work? I am not the best player and I admit that, but I am certainly better than the people I am getting placed with.

idlewild_

Any advice? I never feed, I ward, I play smart, I don't belittle my team. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to improve.

Take a couple days off before playing again, I find that helps when I go on couple game losing streaks.

Also, take some time off between every game, I usually wait 10+ min or so before queuing up. That way, if you did poorly the previous game you have some time to get off tilt, or if you did well the previous game you don't go into the next one thinking you're going to replicate the match with ease. You are also pretty much guaranteed not to get queued up with the same people again which is great in case one of them fed/raged/etc all game, that way you don't risk them being on your team the next game.

Honestly, I don't think I have lost more than 2 games in a row once I started taking breaks between games or taking a couple days off from playing.

let riven through the ban list in ranked

bad mistake

still OP
Nah.

No Renekton nerfs? Sunfire and Visage just got gutted lol
Spirit Visage will be strong still. The nerf to Sunfire Cape means nothing because it's always been a joke.

Sunfire and Spirit visage nerfs are great, yeah. Hopefully they will allow more champions to compete in top lane. Trundle and Jax should be happy, at least.
Trundle's main problem for top lane isn't that he can't compete in 1 vs 1 laning; very few melee's outright best him in a duel and his overall sustain is one of the highest. Strong utility scaling and tower pushing potential too the longer a match drags on. It's ranged champions that severely screw him over when he's picked early, since he can't do anything against anti-melee picks like Karma or Quinn, never mind when he's facing a 2 vs 1 lane (even if they're rare in solo queue).

League GAF I need your help.

So I'm on like a six game losing streak (actually probably more than that now that I think about it) and I can't seem to get a win to save my life. I know they're doing the ladder reset soon so it doesn't really matter, but I want to not get seeded in a shit position next season and maybe even reach silver. I heard they're doing it by your MMR, but I'm worried that mine will be so shit because of this streak.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been playing mostly support and AD carry. We always seem to lose it early game, top and mid feed them to shit, and then lose. I have been soloing ranked, but it seems like I'm always the one to make it out alive. Every time I support we seem to do well at least, so I might just stick with that.

As for champions, I have played Caitlyn, Leona, Janna, Ahri, Quinn, and Sona. Graves too.

I just won last game as Leona. Our Singed was doing really well and Talon made a dumb move, so he naturally got called out on it by Singed. He proceeded to sit in fountain for a good five minutes or so and we almost threw because of it.

Does anyone know how specifically how the new system is going to work? I am not the best player and I admit that, but I am certainly better than the people I am getting placed with.
Most of the champions you play with are fine. Graves is kinda weak right now and Quinn is maybe being the only other exception here; she's not bad (some here will say otherwise) but she has a more difficult time to get going in 2 vs 2 lanes as opposed to facing a common top laner. Shouldn't really matter in Bronze - Silver level games though since mistakes are plentiful, so with experience you can make her work if you punish / trade well. You could possibly stand to learn a different ADC to replace Graves if you're looking to fill the 'upfront damage' niche (Lucian and Sivir come to mind), since Cait is more about whittling the enemy down by abusing your ranged poke to snowball with tower pushing or have total lane control every time an ADC like Vayne attempts to last-hit a creep.

There's not much further information to go by unfortunately. Maybe you're not itemizing well enough, aren't aggressive enough, aren't positioning well in teamfights / not grouping soon enough, not pressuring objectives well, aren't paying attention to the mini-map as often as you should or not using the right runes or masteries depending on the situation. That's not even all of it, as there are many variables that could decide the overall outcome (even in lower levels of play). A clear example for the latter specifically: if you're going for Sona or Janna against a Thresh or Annie, it'd be safer to opt for a more defensive set-up rather than the usual squishy support spec to prevent yourself from being blown up when overextending / misjudging their damage. It's hard to break it down without spectating via the client or a stream, so you kind of need to learn how to reflect on what you think may have gone wrong. Outside of your allies feeding or something of course, that's also a real possibility though not every time. Focus on what you could've done differently if you die or missed the opportunity for a play.

And agreed with what others said about taking a break after a number of consecutive losses. Plus: if you want to practice skirmishing or finetuning your mechanics when under pressure, try playing Dominion on the side as well.

Most of the champions you play with are fine. Graves is kinda weak right now and Quinn is maybe being the only other exception here; she's not bad (some here will say otherwise) but she has a more difficult time to get going in 2 vs 2 lanes as opposed to facing a common top laner. Shouldn't really matter in Bronze - Silver level games though since mistakes are plentiful, so with experience you can make her work if you punish / trade well. You could possibly stand to learn a different ADC to replace Graves if you're looking to fill the 'upfront damage' niche (Lucian and Sivir come to mind), since Cait is more about whittling the enemy down by abusing your ranged poke to snowball with tower pushing or have total lane control every time an ADC like Vayne attempts to last-hit a creep.

There's not much further information to go by unfortunately. Maybe you're not itemizing well enough, aren't aggressive enough, aren't positioning well in teamfights / not grouping soon enough, not pressuring objectives well, aren't paying attention to the mini-map as often as you should or not using the right runes or masteries depending on the situation. That's not even all of it, as there are many variables that could decide the overall outcome (even in lower levels of play). A clear example for the latter specifically: if you're going for Sona or Janna against a Thresh or Annie, it'd be safer to opt for a more defensive set-up rather than the usual squishy support spec to prevent yourself from being blown up when overextending / misjudging their damage. It's hard to break it down without spectating via the client or a stream, so you kind of need to learn how to reflect on what you think may have gone wrong. Outside of your allies feeding or something of course, that's also a real possibility though not every time. Focus on what you could've done differently if you die or missed the opportunity for a play.

And agreed with what others said about taking a break after a number of consecutive losses. Plus: if you want to practice skirmishing or finetuning your mechanics when under pressure, try playing Dominion on the side as well.

Thanks for the advice. Would you be willing to spectate me sometime? Just so I can better pinpoint what I'm doing wrong.

drawkcaB

So any thoughts on the Xerath rework? I mucked about in a custom game for about 15 mins and he feels more...dynamic, I guess is the word? Seems more mechanically interesting now, though I'm not sure he's actually any better than he was (not that that was the point of his rework).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
sorry i dont understand league math

please write in calculus
mages have scaling spell damage. some abilities scale better with ability power than others. lissandra actually has below average scaling with ability power, which means she has higher gains from spell penetration.

Supports can carry too :$
By getting their carry fed or by actually being midlaners (Karma - Lux - Morg...)

Well, that's very indirect and very unreliable. Your fate is much more in your own hands if you play one of the other 4 roles.

edit: FUCK man. even 737 ap + lich bane ziggs can't carry some trench games. being backdoored sucks when nobody else responds to pings. Needed one more right-click than I had available. :(((

Cathcart

Aww yiss the Kassadin nerfs are back. Was his W a one auto attack modifier before - before as in the last time the nerfs appeared on the PBE? Or was it an auto attack buff?
lol, nerfs. They had to roll them back because they made him stronger. You can't keep Kassadin down :p

I'm sorry it's slightly off-topic but I HAVE TO ask:

dimb> is your name a typo?

I would like to say that this is a joke so please don't be offended

Blizzard

Banned
I'm sorry it's slightly off-topic but I HAVE TO ask:

dimb> is your name a typo?

I would like to say that this is a joke so please don't be offended
It's an abbreviation for Dance In My Blood. I think that was the old name they used, or "soda cop" in the GAF channel.

whoo lawd this game.

top Lee Sin manages all of 40cs in 24 minutes to. he was against...Darius.

what the fuck am I supposed to do with that kind of talent?

Mothman91

C0AzgsA.jpg

Shyvana is so dumb, takes no skill. Just burn all 3 spells, and just hammer away at your enemy. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I can feel a slight difference in her burnout. Also leveled Q second because of BotRK. Should've tried Sunfire to see how it is, anyone try it after the nerf?

zkylon

zkylewd
Shyvana is so dumb, takes no skill. Just burn all 3 spells, and just hammer away at your enemy. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I can feel a slight difference in her burnout. Also leveled Q second because of BotRK. Should've tried Sunfire to see how it is, anyone try it after the nerf?

I feel like it's not gonna be too bad. like, I don't play tanks but you might buy the thing at, what, level 8 or 9? that's 7 less damage, it's 15% less damage, it's a net nerf but it doesn't sound so terrible at a quick glance.

I think it'll make randuins a much better option tho

Blizzard

Banned
I find it a little funny that Riven is the spotlight character on the big dramatic season 4 screen, but she has already been nerfed. ;_;

I remember when I used to play Riven all the time. I mean, I lost a ton and went down like 500 elo trying to do it, but at least I tried!

Leezard

I find it a little funny that Riven is the spotlight character on the big dramatic season 4 screen, but she has already been nerfed. ;_;

I remember when I used to play Riven all the time. I mean, I lost a ton and went down like 500 elo trying to do it, but at least I tried!

Riven is nerfed, but not that much. She will still be viable for people who are good with her.

I don't think Renekton is OP. I think he's in a great spot. His kit has plenty of room for out playing people and requires skill to use effectively. He's a lane bully early with sustain and damage that transitions into a solid front line tank.

I mean, unless tanks are completely unviable, there simply is going to be a more popular tank. Renekton is not OP because he is impossibly tanky or because his values are unfair. His kit simply has what you need from a tank: gap closers to get to the back line, crowd control to lock down an important carry, sustain to survive in lane and bully champions that outscale you (eg. Jax), and an ultimate that makes him tanky enough to jump into the enemy team and encourages him to do so to make the most of it.

He's basically Shen except he's more about diving the back line than peeling the carry. Just a well balanced all around kit.

Now Mundo and Shyvana are where you have a problem. They're simply too tanky. You can catch a Mundo 1v5 and struggle to kill him. Shyvana doesn't need to be ahead to be a nightmare, and does unfairly high damage without building offensive items. Neither champion takes much skill in teamfights, simply ult and if you're Shyvana press w, and then run at the back line. Renekton in that scenario has to work his way there using his e properly, Shyvana just has to run straight.

Renekton being "OP" is basically the same problem I have with how Riot balances the game. Just because something is incredibly popular over a long period of time doesn't make them OP. Lee Sin or Elise are in the same boat in my opinion. Better that they are the popular champions than Garen becoming popular when everything else is nerfed. I still think half the reason Zed got any attention was not because he was incredibly OP, but because he was everyone's favourite champion and as a result lots of people were good at him.

whoo lawd this game.

Well ideally if they pick Darius your jungler (you?) would pick something like Lee Sin/Elise and camp him all day long since he pushes the wave and has no escapes. Some games just can't be won though.

Leezard

On the topic of Renekton, IIRC he's one of the champions that Riot considers balanced, and used as a measuring stick to other top laners/bruisers.

Mundo's survivability is very often exaggerated.

They hit Shyvana right. W damage was slightly touched, and they significantly lowered the Lv1 damage of E. As someone who's mostly melee and whose only CC is an ultimate, it's just fair she deals good amount of damage while being tanky. Nerf the damage numbers and people will just move on to the next champ who can do the same.

Fuzzery

Any advice? I never feed, I ward, I play smart, I don't belittle my team. I

These dont really mean anything. "Playing smart" is too vague of a description. What's "smart play?" Are you taking advantage of mistakes, getting the max dps in even if gets you really low, making picks as a support, placing crucial wards and making calls? Take a pro player like darien for example, he feeds a lot sometimes, doesn't ward more often than not, but he's constantly aggressive, often getting tons of kills even in a 1v2 . If you just farm up, don't apply pressure, and wait for things to happen, things are often too out of your control in soloq.

A lot of people when starting out don't really know the limits of champions very well, so they don't know you can punish people. You might want to spend a little bit of time to explore the limits of champs in normals, go all in, dive low people, go for risky plays, force some trades, harass more. It will be difficult, and you will probably feed at the start, but this will make you a better player, because then you will be able to understand what your champ can really do, and what kind of advantages you can gain.

Onikaan

After months of being pestered by my friend to join him in the League of Legends, I finally gave in and installed it.

Now I'm hooked. (Yes, I play Thresh)

Been playing for 5 months now and I'd say I'm comfortable with a few champions. I play Varus, Voli, Thresh, and Anivia. Man, I love jungling on Volibear. It's fun just to burst out of the bushes and throw folk over your head into the Adc. I have a good success rate on ganks too!

I had one of my greatest moments so far last night playing Thresh.

We were losing our bot, my adc had just been killed and Kha'zix jungle had just tower dove me. He chased me up to the 2nd tower and as he got in range he turned around to flee. The tower hit him once and as it did I threw my hook behind me and pulled him back in, flayed him and the tower finished him off. It was so satifying. I made some high pitched noises.

I know it's not a big deal to long time players who see this kind of play all the time, but man it was awesome for me.

yo, let her in your ranked games

your MMR funeral
She's actually one of my favored match-ups given how much experience I have against her with my main champions, no thanks to some of the Diamond-level players I've faced. Some who mained her included. I purposefully leave her open to go after her (much like Zed or Fizz back at the height of their popularity) if I'm the captain and even on a lesser day she's not too troublesome for me given how much of a routine the match-up has become. You'd also be surprised how many aren't any good at trading at all (even with high elo ranks) once you get past the "omg it's Riven" self-mindfuck.

Admittedly I haven't played League in a long while so I'd be rusty if I'd lane against one today, but Riven's only gotten weaker ever since I took a break from the game whereas Elise / Karma / Yorick have been left alone.

So any thoughts on the Xerath rework? I mucked about in a custom game for about 15 mins and he feels more...dynamic, I guess is the word? Seems more mechanically interesting now, though I'm not sure he's actually any better than he was (not that that was the point of his rework).
Personally I feel it's a little weird that an "artillery" champion as Riot describes him with such range has that long of a cooldown on his ultimate with that few charges. I also hope they left that visual effect for his temporary increased vision intact when he transitions into his ult stance; it looked cool when I tried on PBE a few months but Xelnath viewed it as unnecessary power he didn't need due to his allies also gaining said vision after testing wrapped up.

I used to play him relatively often and liked him a lot, so I hope he still turns out to be good.

whoo lawd this game.

Darius is rough for a lot of melee champions. Not even Riven can't outtrade him in raw damage. Very vulnerable to mobility or range however, and it gets even worse if the jungler camps him.

40 cs in 24 minutes is pretty inexcusable though.

Should've tried Sunfire to see how it is, anyone try it after the nerf?
It's never been great on Shyvanna. You have two better options for splitpushing (much better ones) never mind the superior defensive items available in the shop.

Now Mundo and Shyvana are where you have a problem. They're simply too tanky. You can catch a Mundo 1v5 and struggle to kill him. Shyvana doesn't need to be ahead to be a nightmare, and does unfairly high damage without building offensive items. Neither champion takes much skill in teamfights, simply ult and if you're Shyvana press w, and then run at the back line. Renekton in that scenario has to work his way there using his e properly, Shyvana just has to run straight.
Shyvanna is tanky, but something's horribly wrong in your games if people literally let her run up to a carry on top of said carries being oblivious to their immediate surroundings.

Both Mundo's and Shyvanna's supposed unkillable status are also vastly overstated, but whatever.

Darius is rough for a lot of melee champions. Not even Riven can't outtrade him in raw damage. Very vulnerable to mobility or range though, and it gets even worse if the jungler camps him.

40 cs in 24 minutes is pretty inexcusable though.

so here's my thing: if you're scared to get close to the wave to farm it, let the wave push to the tower where you'll have relative safety.

It was, in fact, pushing to the tower. Dude just couldn't last-hit.

so here's my thing: if you're scared to get close to the wave to farm it, let the wave push to the tower where you'll have relative safety.

It was, in fact, pushing to the tower. Dude just couldn't last-hit.
Yeah, not saying it wasn't a sad state of affairs from the sounds of it. Just assumed that Lee didn't really get any help from anyone or that Darius froze the lane to some extent given his innate vulnerabilities after a lead.

Played as Yi last night for the first time, Christ that guy can get crazy powerful.
I really need to learn to jungle though, usually i just play support or adc with Annnie now

garath

Man. I've had over 10k IP forever. I buy a champ every now and again and I keep it around that amount so I've never really worried about being able to grab the odd rune or champ. Recently I bought Health quints which took a big chunk then I got Wukong and left me with around 1k IP. Now all I want is Pantheon who is 3150 but it climbs soooo slowly with the 10 or so games per week I play lol.

I had forgotten because I haven't "needed" IP in quite awhile. Pain in the ass.

I want hybrid pen quints now too. Going to be quite awhile for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom