• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

guyz keep in mind that the system was broke in the first place, with ppl in gold not deserving to be in gold, etc.

Yeah, agreed. A harsh reset might be necessary to ensure that the tiers/divisions are distributed more properly.

I know a player who got carried to D5 yet struggles to beat Gold players in lane in normals. :/

Guesong

ADqAgCs.png

Think Bronze V awaits me if I insist on supporting too much.

Doesn't help that my chat windows mysteriously disappeared at game start, but it was going pretty well. Or so I thought. Maybe my teammates were raging and desperately asking for Jungle Trynd to do something.

The world will never know.

Burt

Teemo win rate creeping up lately. Starting the secret OP talk now. Would love to see someone do work with him in LCS.

brian!

id be for a more clear representation of mmr, but that means a lot of ppl will enter matches thinking they already lost (more than they do atm anyway)
like I guess the current system is opaque enough to keep most ppl happy except w/ things like clamping and placements and if things were too r3al the atmosphere of the game would be generally worse mebbe

pls watch my first game of the season against tsm: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Newt

Think Bronze V awaits me if I insist on supporting too much.
Really had nothing to do with you playing support. You just had a really bad team comp, and Diana and Panth are both kinda weak champs in general.

id be for a more clear representation of mmr, but that means a lot of ppl will enter matches thinking they already lost (more than they do atm anyway)
like I guess the current system is opaque enough to keep most ppl happy except w/ things like clamping and placements and if things were too r3al the atmosphere of the game would be generally worse mebbe

pls watch my first game of the season against tsm: http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
Gonna miss watching Reginald feed now that he's retired :(.

brian!

i was kinda conjecturing in mumble that maybe c9 has been running nunu cait, but i dunno if that warrants a steal from tsm, plus its not like they didn't lost two turrets at 5 min

brian!

the thing is even if NA picks boring standard picks, they are inconsistent to the extent that the game will probably be ridiculous and awesome

Unless you're being sarcastic, in S3 it was not possible to be placed in Diamond, Plat 1 was the best possible position right out of placements. I would suppose the same applies this season.

ooooooooh. didn't know that! Seemed like the guy was expecting to be at least Diamond 5, so either he was also under the wrong impression that his 4-6 performance in the placements dropped him down to Plat 1 and couldn't have placed higher even if he won all his games..or he simply stunk it up (he did) and get slapped by the MMR system for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing is even if NA picks boring standard picks, they are inconsistent to the extent that the game will probably be ridiculous and awesome

not really, it's usually just a bad, boring game

I mean if the koreans played teemo I'd pay attention but this was just bad

btw when regi played teemo it was actually funny. because they lost

brian!

hai forced to pick teemo by regi
regi taking league hostage
reginald.png

nah standard games w/ standard picks where ppl make few mistakes are much more boring to me
like just watch ogn or something

zkylon

zkylewd
hai forced to pick teemo by regi
regi taking league hostage
reginald.png

nah standard games w/ standard picks where ppl make few mistakes are much more boring to me
like just watch ogn or something

well I like bjergsen and voyboy, wouldn't really watch na lcs if it wasn't for them

sleepykyo

Is this a thinly veiled criticism of NA lol?

Nothing hidden about this.

Macattk15

Don't fucking watch the NA LCS and continue to bitch about it then. No one is forcing you to watch the NA LCS.

brian!

no I mean
like if you value "good play" or whatever NA LCS isn't exactly where it's at; every good play is an unexpected treat(?), every time TSM actually wins is coupled with the question of how did they win?
but NAs value for me is totally in the weird spectacle of it, the reality TV, every team being distinct in the characters of their rosters, it's status as the moneymaker of esports, etc.
like rekkles tried to be like dblift and also to create his own hashtag but no one cares anymore.
at least 310,000 were watching THAT game; I think that's amazing and hilarious and totally worthwhile

I have no meaningful criticism for any of the scenes, it is what it is, and they appeal to different demographics, and I'm sure Riot is aware of this.

ALSO, zkylon can totally bitch about NA Lcs, like that is an integral part of the na lcs, plus he is a human bean who can do what he wants duh, and u can bitch him out for bitching about it, ugh this is so wonderful

Macattk15

no I mean
like if you value "good play" or whatever NA LCS isn't exactly where it's at; every good play is a treat, every time TSM actually wins is coupled with the question of how did they win?
but NAs value for me is totally in the weird spectacle of it, the reality TV, every team being distinct in the characters of their rosters, it's status as the moneymaker of esports, etc.
like rekkles tried to be like dblift and also to create his own hashtag but no one cares anymore.
at least 310,000 were watching THAT game; I think that's amazing and hilarious and totally worthwhile

I have no meaningful criticism for any of the scenes, it is what it is, and they appeal to different demographics, and I'm sure Riot is aware of this.

ALSO, zkylon can totally bitch about NA Lcs, like that is an integral part of the na lcs, plus he is a human bean who can do what he wants duh, and u can bitch him out for bitching about it, ugh this is so wonderful

People like reading posts from people along the lines of "wah this is so boring to watch, all teams are awful, etc"? It makes him sound like a wet rag.

You're right. He can post about whatever he wants to post about .... but it begins to get pretty insufferable when you have a choice to tune in or tune out of all these boring matches.

Newt

People like reading posts from people along the lines of "wah this is so boring to watch, all teams are awful, etc"? It makes him sound like a wet rag.

You're right. He can post about whatever he wants to post about .... but it begins to get pretty insufferable when you have a choice to tune in or tune out of all these boring matches.
My favorite poster is Nev if that says anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't fucking watch the NA LCS and continue to bitch about it then. No one is forcing you to watch the NA LCS.
huh

no I mean
like if you value "good play" or whatever NA LCS isn't exactly where it's at

yea, to be fair I kind of appreciate this too. the whole curse-clg bench thing, doublelift getting humiliated by every single caster, your gamecrib summaries, etc. is enjoyable in its own right

I don't even think na skill level is that bad, it's just that the quality of the games is pretty awful sometimes. also I hate c9 with a passion :p

ALSO, zkylon can totally bitch about NA Lcs, like that is an integral part of the na lcs, plus he is a human bean who can do what he wants duh
ty friend

when did I say all teams were awful?

I didn't like this game bro, chill

edit: actually I made that remark about going from playing with alex ich to playing with teemo now that I think about it. didn't think it'd upset anyone, sorry

brian!

i mean he can not watch ogn and you can not read his posts
my eyes glaze over most of the posts in this thread and im sure its true vice versa
obv saying something is bad without attaching a real personal reason to it will turn my eyes into the most glazed donut

Blizzard

Banned
Does Riot do anything at all to control afk'ers? What the fuck is going on in this game.
Supposedly there is an AFK buster system which will automatically keep track and possible temp-ban people if they are disconnected at the end of the game (you can tell if they are disconnected at the end by their having a red name in the lobby).

I thought I heard that the tribunal was on hiatus during the preseason, but that could have totally be me being crazy, or a rumor.

In theory charitable people do the tribunal for free, view people who have been reported, mark whether they agree with the reports, and eventually Riot reviews their verdicts and potentially bans people for a week or two.

You guys playing placement matches on the first day. Just no.

ARAM is shit, not Lux.

Straight line! Oh, and some randomness! How exciting!
I disagree about ARAM -- primary appeal is not "excitement" from map configuration or random champions, primary appeal factors include a fast game with constant teamfighting and a variety of champions without having to worry about which champion you pick or whether you are a pro at that champion.

I also respectfully disagree about Lux. She is a GREAT champion to have in ARAM, with snare, slow, shield, and long-range straight line damage. I would suggest she is up there with Jayce, Varus, and Nidalee for great ARAM champions.

Guesong

That feel when you're having a good game with a high chance of winning and your ADC disconnects for 10 minutes, ruining it all.

Maybe I should watch LCS and wait a few days like people are suggesting.

Blizzard

Banned
That's it guys, I'm doing it.

I'm clicking on the ranked solo button.

I'll keep updates on the horribles performances I'll see as a previously unranked fellow, me included.

EDIT 1 : Well, I don't get too destabilized since as with normals, people call everything but support. Fine by me.

EDIT 2 : [REDACTED] : Imma try Trynd jungle.

Oh this is gonna be fun.
My only placement game so far, one of the last two people to pick was left with support and jungle...and they said they're a terrible support and could only do Tryndamere jungle. :p They actually did fine though and we won. You just gotta trust (and maintain positive attitude and sense of humor and good music).

sleepykyo

Supposedly there is an AFK buster system which will automatically keep track and possible temp-ban people if they are disconnected at the end of the game (you can tell if they are disconnected at the end by their having a red name in the lobby).

I've been temp banned by the leaverbuster before. My internet is pretty bad and I didn't realize there was a peer to peer default on, which wrecked havoc on my connection. Still get the occasional dc and crash, but it has been a considerably more stable after disabling that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom