• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I personally don't think Nocturne is noob jungle friendly. Maybe that's because I tried him out when I was learning jungle and did terrible. Vi on the other hand..pretty easy.

Burt

Thanks for these tips. I'll consider picking up Xin, as I don't have him. I could play Amumu, but doesn't he get banned in ranked all the time? My goal is to have a char or two at each position so I can start playing ranked.
If you're really looking for easy, go Trundle. Zero damage taken in the jungle, good ganks and disengage potential, and no skills that you can really fuck up. He's strong right now, and his only problem is ganking champs with a hard escape. No ones perfect though.

Speaking of the jungle, what ever happened to Maokai? Haven't seen him in ages.

Mothman91

If you're really looking for easy, go Trundle. Zero damage taken in the jungle, good ganks and disengage potential, and no skills that you can really fuck up. He's strong right now, and his only problem is ganking champs with a hard escape. No ones perfect though.

I've picked him in a few normal games. The new jungle items definitely compliment him, but haven't tried him with the new spirit stone. I use to go spectral wraith to help him with mana sustain, but now with spirit stone changed, I can go spectral golem.

Mothman91

Have they said if they're doing a Mao rework soon? He's fun to play and deserves more attention.

Hmmmm, I don't know. I haven't heard of one, or maybe it was said a whileeeee back ago. All I know is that the jungle meta all of them except Olaf has some sort of % health attack. Elise, Vi, Lee, and Khazix has them, and Olaf has true damage which kind of makes up for it.

hmmm, I just noticed that, all of them have % HP attacks.

Newt

Amumu will always be viable in bronze/silver and a bit into gold. People just don't have vision when they are grouped up and it's also usually them being too tight together resulting in a 3-4 man ultimate.
Amumu is reliable even in challenger, lol. As long as he survives through his early game 1 ult in lategame can secure a win.

Onikaan

I have 200 normal wins and play premade bot with friends. ADC and Support are my best positions, but I suck at jungle. Any tips or tutorials I can look at to get better at the position? The characters I'm debating using in that role are Jax, Fiddlesticks, or Jarvan IV.

My jungling really picked up after playing with Volibear. I don't know what folks here think of him as I haven't seen him mentioned much, but if I'm having a bad day with Bot lane or mid, I just roll out the bear and everything's alright with the world.

Nekofrog

Banned
Second qualifier about to start. Enemy team has 2 silver, 2 bronze, 1 plat. We have 3 silver, 1 bronze, 1 gold. Plat is solo queue'd.

Thanks for these tips. I'll consider picking up Xin, as I don't have him. I could play Amumu, but doesn't he get banned in ranked all the time? My goal is to have a char or two at each position so I can start playing ranked.

Xin is a noob-friendly jungler, but I wouldn't call him good. Very binary by design and he has a lot of vulnerabilities. Shouldn't really matter in Bronze - lower ends of Gold though.

Trundle lacks a hard engage, but he's so good in plenty of other area's and teaches you how to play around with objective control, sieging and counter-jungling. The latter isn't too valuable anymore in the current jungle admittedly, but ah well.

Have they said if they're doing a Mao rework soon? He's fun to play and deserves more attention.
Mid I Am Oak!

No word on a rework since he doesn't need one, but I wouldn't rule out some small buffs if it turns out that it isn't just because of the current submeta that he fell out of favor (alongside Nautilus and similar tanky CC-heavy junglers).

I've picked him in a few normal games. The new jungle items definitely compliment him, but haven't tried him with the new spirit stone. I use to go spectral wraith to help him with mana sustain, but now with spirit stone changed, I can go spectral golem.
The problem with Trundle and Spirit Stone is that none of its upgrades are that good on him. Yeah, you can buy Ancient Golem because every other jungler does it and for the increased gold income, but I really wish they changed around Madreds / Wriggles some more because it's better suited for him overall. The mana regen is good, but he doesn't need the health sustain. The health and tenacity from Ancient Golem are good, but back before its CDR got reduced Spirit Visage was a better item to rush on him for the sheer survivability boost (and increased Pillar spamming) when comparing the two items. His clear doesn't substantially improve with Spirit Stone either next to Madreds, given that he only uses auto-attacks + Q. This is especially apparent when trying to sneak in an early dragon at level 6 - 7. He can't use Elder Lizard effectively either, even before Riot made it trigger off of AD-only spells instead of every skill.

I think I've gone through different builds at least 5 times now the past year and a half over the course of various patches, including those with heavy Season changes of course. Finetuning his itemization is a headache.

Edwardo

t1390075200z1.png

Curse vs XDG
Cloud9 HyperX vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Dignitas vs Team SoloMid
Evil Geniuses vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Coast vs Team Dignitas

Twitch
YouTube
Azubu NA LCS

NA LCS Super Week Day 2 Preview

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Azulsky

Man the Eve Q change is Riots way of just curbstomping her. An AD with say a Nunu buff can just run a circle around you and it will never hit with the lowered missile speed.

Why u do dis Riot.

garath

I'm worried the khazix changes are going to totally neuter him. All he has is his damage and right now the Q is almost all of it. They are nerfing that and even his E ratio as if the Q Nerf wasn't enough. I know there aren't many khazix lovers in here but the pbe change may kill him :(

Fuzzery

Nice. Off to a good start. What lanes have you been going?

We duo'd the last 2-3 games, usually support + adc bot. I was in promo, their team(last season): 1 diamond 2 plat 2 silvers, vs, me, neko, 2 bronze, and a gold lol

Jeez, that was so hard though, some GOD HOOKS had to go down, neko's probably going to post a vid, there's one really good one on a rengar..

Edwardo

I'm worried the khazix changes are going to totally neuter him. All he has is his damage and right now the Q is almost all of it. They are nerfing that and even his E ratio as if the Q Nerf wasn't enough. I know there aren't many khazix lovers in here but the pbe change may kill him :(

I used to play him alot before they nerfed his W. I think that was back in June or July though. Lately, he gets picked in almost every game i'm in. I'll embrace nerfs for the sake of diversifying champ picks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I'm in the same boat as you. They tried to lower Leap's cooldown like it was going to help or something but he really, really needs that damage from Q - not just to win, but to survive. Maybe if they threw in a bleed damage to mitigate that firepower that was lost I'd be okay with it but as is... yikes

Edwardo

I'm in the same boat as you. They tried to lower Leap's cooldown like it was going to help or something but he really, really needs that damage from Q - not just to win, but to survive. Maybe if they threw in a bleed damage to mitigate that firepower that was lost I'd be okay with it but as is... yikes

I'd be down with a bleed or poison attached to his q.

Yolo normals with randoms.

In lobby, it was supposed to be all smite while staying in the jungle, but turned into all mid. We *almost* pulled it off. :D Got them down to their inhib towers at 20 min mark. Eventually lost because they had a really good initiate with Sejuani. Fun match. Don't care if we lost.

DeadNames

Banned
I really dont understand reddit. Someone posts something that was extremely exaggerated and false, I call them out for it, and I get downvoted.

/rant

Nekofrog

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxewaLKYelg

Highlights and lowlights of my last Thresh game with Fuzzery. Includes an over-the-wall dragon pit Cho'Gath kill, a failed turn on a 3man Rango gank, an intentional invisible Rango hook to secure the game, and moar.

Not a lot of over flashy plays (except for the Nami hook between minions), mostly just a lot of good peeling.

Also, dat Tristana leap + Lantern synergy tuugud.

Yeah, I let Teemo die to a Caitlyn ult, because FUCK Teemo.

DeadNames

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxewaLKYelg

Highlights and lowlights of my last Thresh game with Fuzzery. Includes an over-the-wall dragon pit Cho'Gath kill, a failed turn on a 3man Rango gank, an intentional invisible Rango hook to secure the game, and moar.

Not a lot of over flashy plays (except for the Nami hook between minions), mostly just a lot of good peeling.

Also, dat Tristana leap + Lantern synergy tuugud.

Yeah, I let Teemo die to a Caitlyn ult, because FUCK Teemo.

You know if you press Q again after hooking someone, you fly to them, right?

The comments are a circlejerk. You can find some of the most thoughtful posts under controversial.

---

Just got dumpstered by a D2 Yasuo in a mirror match. >:| Every single wall was perfect. Even if I feinted, he could still wall my Q3 even if we're on top of each other. Just wow! I'm just glad I survived at 0/2 and only lagged by around 30cs, but he still controlled the lane and ended the game 19/1.

Type2

I think I need to start banning Leona.

This. Ill probably hop back into ranked on Monday. Gonna take a break and wait for things to smooth out a bit. The game last night was so nauseating from champ select and then the next 30+ minutes were facepalm. I just gave up after my team chased vlad through the enemy jungle for 40 seconds and olaf continuously 1v5'd the enemy team after losing top lane horribly.

Also rethinking my stance on duoing for placements.

Nekofrog

Banned
loved this reddit comment

"all the people that spent last season saying "if you belong in platinum you will get there eventually" are now complaining that they have to do it themselves"

drawkcaB

If you're really looking for easy, go Trundle...and no skills that you can really fuck up. Speaking of the jungle, what ever happened to Maokai? Haven't seen him in ages.

Not true, you can most definitely fuck pillar placement. Like, get your whole team killed fuck it up.

Maokai felt out of favour in S3 along with the support jungle meta. On top of that, Maokai's champion synergies have fallen out of favour too, such as Vladimir and Karthus. He's still one of the best gankers in the game. He's totally viable in soloqueue, the competitive game simply doesn't suit him right now. The vast majority of champions in this game are strong enough to warrant learning, people just constantly confuse the terms "viable" and "weak".

He isn't getting a rework and all he really needs is a small buff somewhere in his kit to bring up with the current top tier jungle picks. Reducing mana costs (E or R) or increase mana regen via adding %mana on his passive would go a long way to helping climb up. He also needs to get the same treatment as almost every other tank in the game and get base MR scaling. Finally, he needs a QoL change to make throwing his saplings more responsive and allow him to reliably throw E while performing twisted advance.

garathk said:

What?! Riot is reducing his void spike damage and now it doesn't proc his passive. That buff to his Q is stupid. Now he has to get in close and hell just get blown up! RIP Kha'Zix.

Kha'zix will be fine. He's does way too much damage right now. People haven't picked up on the fact he's quite possibly the strongest soloqueue jungler right now. It's the only reason people aren't bitching for nerfs, or bitching that he's getting them.

Why does Blitz keep getting banned? Isn't Thresh the better puller?

No, Blitz is the significantly better puller, though not the better champion.

Imagine for a moment that each champion in bot lane has a circle around them - let's call it their "zone of influence". The size of this zone depends on AA ranges, spell ranges, speed, etc. So long as the ADC and support's zones overlap, or are very close to doing so, they should be able to trade well against any sort of aggression, provided things goes well (i.e. hitting skillshots, focusing the right target, etc.). "Being out of position" bot lane more or less means the zones are no longer overlapping which can lead in a bad trade, or a death.

When Thresh hooks you, the displacement isn't particularly large, and it takes time, enough time for your fellow laner to get in place and keep your zones overlapped. The displacement from death sentence isn't whats really the problem here - it's the CC lock that lasts upwards of ~2.25 seconds if Thresh flies and in and flays. But as strong as this is, your other laner should be in position to hit back to even up the trade, somewhat.

When Blitzcrank hooks you, he brings you to him. If his own placement is good, he's forcing you out of position - he's forcing you and your laner to break the zone overlap. That means about 1.5+ seconds where the hooked target is getting damaged with no way to retaliate. That's why he's banned in lower ranks. He requires cooperation, synergy, and game knowledge to beat and in soloqueue you just can't count on getting any of that. It's also why Leona and Alistar are such strong supports vs. Blitz. They can almost immediately re-establish the zone overlap.

Edwardo

Damn all this Maokai talk. He was like the 3rd of 4th champ I ever bought. I really want to be able to jungle better. I might start playing him again.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Now I'm confused. Some people suggest I learn Xin Zhao for jungling, then I hear he's got problems. Then Trundle, but now he's questionable? Is there a consensus "if you're new to jungling, play X" champ? The champs that I own now who could jungle are: Amumu, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Jarvan IV, Jax, Kayle, Lee Sin, Malphite (?), Master Yi, Nunu, Rammus, Shaco, Tryndamere, Warwick. I'm fine with purchasing a champ if there's a clear choice that's better than what I have. The competition I mostly face are silver/gold level in normal. I'd just like this champ to be viable in ranked play later (i.e., doesn't get auto-banned).

DeadNames

Banned
Now I'm confused. Some people suggest I learn Xin Zhao for jungling, then I hear he's got problems. Then Trundle, but now he's questionable? Is there a consensus "if you're new to jungling, play X" champ? The champs that I own now who could jungle are: Amumu, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Jarvan IV, Jax, Kayle, Lee Sin, Malphite (?), Master Yi, Nunu, Rammus, Shaco, Tryndamere, Warwick. I'm fine with purchasing a champ if there's a clear choice that's better than what I have. The competition I mostly face are silver/gold level in normal. I'd just like this champ to be viable in ranked play later (i.e., doesn't get auto-banned).

Best ones there are probably jarvan and amumu if you know what youre doing. Hitting their skillshots isn't very difficult.

Type2

You can learn jungle with Warwick,rammus and ammumu. They don't have any problems clearing and you can look up or ask me for rune/mastery advice. From there work on learning and timing buffs and objectives. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of those three champs. Building knowledge of team level one strengths, protecting from/invading yourself, warding against counter jungling, and learning which lanes to gank. Are you familiar with jungle itemization at all?

The most viable champs right now in ranked are: amumu,vi,nocturne,shyvana,olaf,lee sin and elise.

Blizzard

Banned
Placement matches after even a partial reset are definitely an interesting experience. It's like a slice of life where you see glimpses of different skill levels all randomly mushed together in one game.

The last two games I had first pick, so I basically quickly banned random champions, instalocked Katarina, and did decently in both cases. People didn't even rage.

katuirwv.png

Of course, it almost certainly won't last, and I had good teammates. What is interesting, though I didn't check anyone's profile or old rank, is getting the psychic sense of which players seem to be higher level and which seem to be lower level.

There was an Udyr versus Malphite for example...he was a bit critical of himself, and ended that last game as 1/1/1, and one might think he did not have a big influence on the game, BUT, I think he had 150 CS to Malphite's 80, he constantly farmed top jungle as well as the lane, at one point he was proxy farming way down the lane ala Singed, I think he came mid to help kill a tower, and he basically kept Malphite from becoming a factor in the game.

Or in another game, a J4 jungle who might not have been the world's best, but HE BOUGHT WARDS (both green and pink), and didn't even rage when I was asking the team to buy them. He was just like "dude check my inventory" and I was like "sorry my bad". In fact I think multiple teammates in that games bought wards. It was amazing.

Went 8-2 in my promos and got placed right back in Gold 1 where I was the end of last season. Probably a much better result than most people, considering I won my last 7 promos.

I mostly used Ziggs, Malphite (mid), Leona, and Amumu to get through it. Only game I did badly was with Vayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom