• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

I'm late to the party but I never thought Leona was that easy to carry your ADC with until now.

Think I'm gonna stick to her only for the placements. It's Annie-Retarded good.

sleepykyo

I'm late to the party but I never thought Leona was that easy to carry your ADC with until now.

I should try banning thresh, annie and leona to see what happens. ie. I don't have any of the trinity (or even blitz) and Taric/ Rammus aren't the same.

edit: Desperation Baron attempt claims another victim.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Somewhat. His R got buffed but the ratio when down .1 which isn't big.
if we are talking about gragas, the nerf is pretty big to the ultimate damage. it has higher base damage late in the game, but that's only to account for the damage lost from the ap scaling change. early on it does significantly less damage on the pbe.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been temp banned by the leaverbuster before. My internet is pretty bad and I didn't realize there was a peer to peer default on, which wrecked havoc on my connection. Still get the occasional dc and crash, but it has been a considerably more stable after disabling that.
For those of us who didn't know, how did you disable the peer to peer default?

I really want to be crazy and play my placement matches in this madness, but my internet has actually started being super unreliable this week and dying at least once an hour for a long time. It already did it once in the first placement game.

Mothman91

if we are talking about gragas, the nerf is pretty big to the ultimate damage. it has higher base damage late in the game, but that's only to account for the damage lost from the ap scaling change. early on it does significantly less damage on the pbe.
Hmmm, I just bought him too...

Fak

For those of us who didn't know, how did you disable the peer to peer default?
Here:
O1dOVQE.png

And this:
probably uninstalling pando media booster.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played my first ever 2 ranked matches. Went with Swain both times. First match was a loss, but won big in the second. Went 7-0 and somehow shut down a Ziggs. Tanky Swain is a beast.

The music during the draft makes everything so intense, lol.

Yeah. A big part about Gragas is his level 6 spike and that just got gutted big time.

garath

Practicing efficient jungling. Never let conservation get to 80 (I failed quite a bit but I'm getting much better), always be doing something - ganking, farming, getting objectives.

A couple times my team was just hanging around mid in a mexican standoff, I almost joined them then realized what a waste of time it was considering how close of a game it was. I cautioned them to not engage and kept farming. Kept blue timers (most of the time) and after losing one dragon, kept the timer and was there for each spawn.

The biggest issue was giving up a double kill and double buffs to Ahri early in the game. Yasuo went hard and I followed - Xin shows up and Ahri gets a double. I'll take the blame, shouldn't have followed it. But kept at it.

lLAjVhR.png

Most gold in the game, highest level - tied with Shyvana, 2 levels and 3k gold over their jungler, second highest damage dealt. I didn't do half bad.

Type2

Practicing efficient jungling. Never let conservation get to 80 (I failed quite a bit but I'm getting much better), always be doing something - ganking, farming, getting objectives.

A couple times my team was just hanging around mid in a mexican standoff, I almost joined them then realized what a waste of time it was considering how close of a game it was. I cautioned them to not engage and kept farming. Kept blue timers (most of the time) and after losing one dragon, kept the timer and was there for each spawn.

The biggest issue was giving up a double kill and double buffs to Ahri early in the game. Yasuo went hard and I followed - Xin shows up and Ahri gets a double. I'll take the blame, shouldn't have followed it. But kept at it.

lLAjVhR.png

Most gold in the game, highest level - tied with Shyvana, 2 levels and 3k gold over their jungler, second highest damage dealt. I didn't do half bad.
I think I have 160cs by 30 minutes when I jungle without taxing lanes. I'll only take cs if they need to push after a gank to reset or late game covering/pushing. I'd like to think I'm pretty efficient. Of course I'll take much more in some games but that's an average. The new jungle passives are awesome and it looks like all the stats are getting buffed on pbe. 50 more health on golem and 5 extra ad on lizard. Thanks you riot.

Also good job coming back after that. It's hard when something like that happens to khaz. If I were xin I would've stayed in your jungle with wards and put more deaths on you.

Edit: I think I have some kind of sickness because I actually want go see dig play.

Ferga

Why do plat/diamonds duo with silvers in provisionals

Carrying a guy who suicides into turret with cougar nid is fuckin hard as hell

garath

I think I have 160cs by 30 minutes when I jungle without taxing lanes. I'll only take cs if they need to push after a gank to reset or late game covering/pushing. I'd like to think I'm pretty efficient. Of course I'll take much more in some games but that's an average. The new jungle passives are awesome and it looks like all the stats are getting buffed on pbe. 50 more health on golem and 5 extra ad on lizard. Thanks you riot.

Also good job coming back after that. It's hard when something like that happens to khaz. If I were xin I would've stayed in your jungle with wards and put more deaths on you.

Edit: I think I have some kind of sickness because I actually want go see dig play.

I really expected that. I was telling my team so as well. I try to buy a ward every back so was keeping jungle entrances warded and I always kept my leap handy. He was plat too /shrug. Never saw him in my jungle. Might have been scared. I MIGHT have been able to kill him early, but once I got my hydra I would have nuked him for sure. I even evolved Q first thinking I'd see Xin. Nope.

I love the new jungle items. Finally. I hope they keep them this way. The change to the regen is fine but keep the conservation and the other stats. They're useful and keep junglers in the game even after a rough start.

Went 4-6 in the end, putting me in silver 5.

Could be worse I guess, but now I have to waste time getting back to where I should be instead of spending my time learning the game against players that I'm at the same level as.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I have 200 normal wins and play premade bot with friends. ADC and Support are my best positions, but I suck at jungle. Any tips or tutorials I can look at to get better at the position? The characters I'm debating using in that role are Jax, Fiddlesticks, or Jarvan IV.

Mothman91

Wtf, super close game, and every team fight is left with 1 person on each team alive afterwards. Baron is up and is heavily contested every time. I keep on telling the team to not tunnel vision and go to side lanes and farm. Group up and be ready to contest. I say this atleast 5 times, and you know what the fuck, these guys are like sitting in base having a picnic and I'm the only one at baron.

ffs.....

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have 200 normal wins and play premade bot with friends. ADC and Support are my best positions, but I suck at jungle. Any tips or tutorials I can look at to get better at the position? The characters I'm debating using in that role are Jax, Fiddlesticks, or Jarvan IV.
Jax is not a very good jungler. Fiddlesticks can do well but requires more advanced decision making because he is pretty squishy. Of those Jarvan is probably the best choice, but he's also a little out of style.

At the very start of the game just start at the jungle buff near your bot lane and ping for them to help. Clear that, do the small wolf or wraith camp (whichever is nearer) and then just go to your other buff once smite is back up. I think if you're still starting it's easier to play something more oriented around farming, and look for gank opportunities when they're available. Try to watch the mini map a lot and think about where the enemy jungler might be. Try to control objectives and get an idea for when they spawn.

I think some of the best junglers for someone just starting out would be Xin Zaho, Nocturne, and Amumu. It's also kind of unconventional but Malphite is beginner friendly and effective. Rush Spirit of the Ancient Golem and life is good.

I would agree that Xin Zhao is the easiest jungle champion to start with. Just incredibly simple ganks. Jarvan is a solid jungler, I learned jungling using him. I really like Elise and Vi at the moment.

Some things to learn:

Objective timers: buffs - 5 mins, dragon - 6 mins, baron - 7 mins. You're in charge of these as the jungler. This means usually the buff you start at will respawn at ~7:10, and then at around 12:30, etc, assuming you do it straight away.

Protect your jungle. It can be a good idea to put a pink ward by one of your buffs since it's unlikely it will be destroyed unless they invade you. Also, you generally want to start red as most invades happen at the red buff by the other jungler, so if you've already done red it takes that possibility away.

For ganking, think about the best way to use your cooldowns between your laner, and try to keep track of the enemy's wards and their cooldowns.

People like reading posts from people along the lines of "wah this is so boring to watch, all teams are awful, etc"? It makes him sound like a wet rag.

You're right. He can post about whatever he wants to post about .... but it begins to get pretty insufferable when you have a choice to tune in or tune out of all these boring matches.
"Only positive comments allowed!" is equally "insufferable" on a discussion forum.

If he finds some competitive matches boring, then I see nothing wrong with expressing that opinion withinn reason. I also agree with it since LCS has usually been far too predictable for me (in terms of picks and bad itemization) but that's besides the point.

I disagree about ARAM -- primary appeal is not "excitement" from map configuration or random champions, primary appeal factors include a fast game with constant teamfighting and a variety of champions without having to worry about which champion you pick or whether you are a pro at that champion.
You can call it selective memory, but whenever I see a post-game lobby screenshot in here or when I look through any given person's match history, ARAM's regularly seem to be longer on average than Dominion matches or even some Summoner's Rift games. Often also way too much downtime for my liking in between teamfights compared to Twisted Treeline or Dominion. "It's a nice looking map" is the only compliment I can give it, not to imply others aren't allowed to enjoy it.

If the enemy grabs Leona, pick Alistar to be a big ol' nuisance.

i really dislike it when it gets weird. like electronic sounding
Electro farts. Nothing like flatulence to get players hyped.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Jax is not a very good jungler. Fiddlesticks can do well but requires more advanced decision making because he is pretty squishy. Of those Jarvan is probably the best choice, but he's also a little out of style.

At the very start of the game just start at the jungle buff near your bot lane and ping for them to help. Clear that, do the small wolf or wraith camp (whichever is nearer) and then just go to your other buff once smite is back up. I think if you're still starting it's easier to play something more oriented around farming, and look for gank opportunities when they're available. Try to watch the mini map a lot and think about where the enemy jungler might be. Try to control objectives and get an idea for when they spawn.

I think some of the best junglers for someone just starting out would be Xin Zaho, Nocturne, and Amumu. It's also kind of unconventional but Malphite is beginner friendly and effective. Rush Spirit of the Ancient Golem and life is good.

I would agree that Xin Zhao is the easiest jungle champion to start with. Just incredibly simple ganks. Jarvan is a solid jungler, I learned jungling using him. I really like Elise and Vi at the moment.

Some things to learn:

Objective timers: buffs - 5 mins, dragon - 6 mins, baron - 7 mins. You're in charge of these as the jungler. This means usually the buff you start at will respawn at ~7:10, and then at around 12:30, etc, assuming you do it straight away.

Protect your jungle. It can be a good idea to put a pink ward by one of your buffs since it's unlikely it will be destroyed unless they invade you. Also, you generally want to start red as most invades happen at the red buff by the other jungler, so if you've already done red it takes that possibility away.

For ganking, think about the best way to use your cooldowns between your laner, and try to keep track of the enemy's wards and their cooldowns.

Thanks for these tips. I'll consider picking up Xin, as I don't have him. I could play Amumu, but doesn't he get banned in ranked all the time? My goal is to have a char or two at each position so I can start playing ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom