• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
You can learn jungle with Warwick,rammus and ammumu. They don't have any problems clearing and you can look up or ask me for rune/mastery advice. From there work on learning and timing buffs and objectives. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of those three champs. Building knowledge of team level one strengths, protecting from/invading yourself, warding against counter jungling, and learning which lanes to gank. Are you familiar with jungle itemization at all?

The most viable champs right now in ranked are: amumu,vi,nocturne,shyvana,olaf,lee sin and elise.

Thanks, I'm going to work on Amumu. I'll build him according to the top rated Mobafire guide, which is how I usually go for itemization/runes/mastery. If I lock him in as my main jungler, I'll check out builds on probuilds.net. I'm not that familiar with jungle itemization, particularly season 4. Any tips for an Amumu player?

Depends on your picks. You gain a lot of CC and tankiness. If you go in on building Malphite with AP and Mpen he still hurts.
Yeah. If you send Malphite mid you'll probably also send damage dealers elsewhere, like a bruiser with a lot of damage top or a carry-ish jungler.

EDIT - Rock, not paper, rock

Blizzard

Banned
Don't use mobafire. Use Lolpro.
Does lolpro really have sufficient guides, updated recently enough for general use? Amumu for example appears to have only 1-2 Amumu guides, and the most recent was updated 2 months ago, unless I just can't figure out both navigating their site and googling for their guides.

*edit* Oh lolking, carry on then.

Mid malphite? How does that work?

Yea they are right, Doran's Shield for poke -> Chalice -> Sunfire/Abyssals -> Sunfire/Abyssals -> then go situational. He works really well for teams that need initiation or extra tanks and if you build more AP you can one shot almost any squishy instantly along with doing big AOE if the other team is grouped. Putting him mid lets him get Blue more often and makes him more effective at roaming. Many mid champs can get bullied by his Q harass as well.

You can learn jungle with Warwick,rammus and ammumu. They don't have any problems clearing and you can look up or ask me for rune/mastery advice. From there work on learning and timing buffs and objectives. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of those three champs. Building knowledge of team level one strengths, protecting from/invading yourself, warding against counter jungling, and learning which lanes to gank. Are you familiar with jungle itemization at all?

The most viable champs right now in ranked are: amumu,vi,nocturne,shyvana,olaf,lee sin and elise.
You don't really learn anything substantial about the role when using Warwick though. He's beginner-friendly in the sense that he's safe if left alone because he'll endlessly clear camps (albeit not very fast), but that's not really what you want him to do at all even with the increased gold income. His ancient kit design hasn't kept up with how the jungle changed over the years, which means that he isn't a good champion to help newcomers understand (and act on) the various intricacies unique to what part the jungler plays on any given team.

Thanks, I'm going to work on Amumu. I'll build him according to the top rated Mobafire guide, which is how I usually go for itemization/runes/mastery. If I lock him in as my main jungler, I'll check out builds on probuilds.net. I'm not that familiar with jungle itemization, particularly season 4. Any tips for an Amumu player?
I'm going to echo the "don't use Mobafire" posts here. Too many outdated or generally poorly constructed guides available there, including the top rated ones.

Mothman91

Lost my second game out of five now. Teemo tried to pick against Shyvana top, but instead it was a Shyvana jungle and a J4 top.

And he got fucked in the ass so bad, it just put us so behind. Also no tanks, so J4/Shyvana with an Orianna just steam rolled us.

Subtle

Now this is what you call a balanced system!

R40hUoQ.png

7cRFu4M.png

I so obviously became a Silver 4 player in the span of two days! AREN'T PROVISIONAL GAMES GREAT GUYS

edit: if someone explains to me how i can go 23 wins with 12 losses in my "Recent Statistics" and still lose 300+ elo ill be content

i definitely noticed the quality of players deteriorating, but so was my mental health by the end of this d:

Newt

R40hUoQ.png

7cRFu4M.png

I so obviously became a Silver 4 player in the span of two days! AREN'T PROVISIONAL GAMES GREAT GUYS

edit: if someone explains to me how i can go 23 wins with 12 losses in my "Recent Statistics" and still lose 300+ elo ill be content

i definitely noticed the quality of players deteriorating, but so was my mental health by the end of this d:
To be fair, you were in the 5th division right?

Leezard

R40hUoQ.png

7cRFu4M.png

It's a soft reset, and the "lolking score" have nothing to do with elo/mmr.

Leezard

I always thought that Lolking Score was really close to your elo/mmr?

Nope, it's pretty much only determined by your LP and your tier/division. It says nothing about mmr.

Your score just below 1550 that is visible in the chart should correspond to Gold V something LP, right? It's the same for other Gold V guys, see this one for example:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/29097637

edit: So apparently one of my friends (Plat 1 last season) got matched against Svenskeren and fredy122 from SK in solo queue.
tnvTTzk.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you guys think that Jungle Ahri can work now?
I feel like ahri without dfg is basically pretty shit now so dunno if delaying it so much would be worth it (since you have to rush jungle item).

elise feels to me like an already good catch+mobility champion that has built-in sustain and gets her full power at level 3-4 instead of 6, so if you haven't played her, I dunno, if you already have ahri you can always try but if not elise pretty does a similar job well

and like I just played with a friend that went jungle karthus and it was alright

I feel like you can throw pretty much everything there nowadays

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I feel like ahri without dfg is basically pretty shit now so dunno if delaying it so much would be worth it (since you have to rush jungle item).

elise feels to me like an already good catch+mobility champion that has built-in sustain and gets her full power at level 3-4 instead of 6, so if you haven't played her, I dunno, if you already have ahri you can always try but if not elise pretty does a similar job well

and like I just played with a friend that went jungle karthus and it was alright

I feel like you can throw pretty much everything there nowadays

That's really how I'm feeling. On my old account, I played tons of Shyvana and it really felt like only so many characters could fill the jungle slot. With new money and the jungle item shift... its generally open and more a matter of team comp than anything else.

Mothman91

4-0 as top laner.

0-4 as everything else.

Those games I lost, we needed a tank which I could've done easily if I gotten that role. Instead they go Aatrox top as a tank....wtf.

Type2

Newt, lets duo on Monday. Spam que.
Also stop talking shit about alistar.
So I like armor quints, mpen reds , armor yellows and Mr blues. 0/21/9 masteries . Starting either w or e is acceptable. Get q at level 3 and max E. You can q to jungle camps and clear like a beast. The extra armor protects you from any cheese invades and prevents top Lakers from turning on you in ganks. Ancient golem is the best jungle item for amumu but spectral wraith is a possible pickup. After getting golem you should focus on building your first tank item based on those comp. For most junglers after starting machete and 5 pots you'd farm or gank until about 1000g and pick up spirit stone,boots, a ward and pots.

My runes and masteries are not static. You can feel free to experiment or make due with what you own.

Blizzard

Banned
Teamwork OP example (someone said Volibear was disconnected a lot even though he kept ganking and seemed to be doing well, so maybe we just got lucky):

I was playing poorly as a mediocre jungler, basically just farming. Syndra in particular was raging after asking for mid, from overextending and being constantly ganked. Jayce finally went bot lane randomly and I thought he was just screwing around and I was convinced we had all lost. I tried to at least keep farming and keep top lane pushed out a bit after the tower went down, and I figured I was sort of lane trading with Jayce. But apparently he went bot lane and combo'd with them to get a bunch of kills and get Jinx fed, and then we kept doing okay in teamfights. Jinx in particular was quite a good player. I had one or two good ults (I think I caught all 5 in the jungle in one) and to end the game, Jayce sacrificed himself by hiding in a bush and suiciding on Veigar. Veigar nuked him but that gave the rest of us time to come in and kill 3 with the massive CC and AOE damage. We got the nexus before they could respawn.

ANYWAY, story aside, the teamwork OP part is the assists. Kills and deaths were exactly the same, but we had way more assists and I'd like to think that meant we were working together better...and/or had more AOE abilities.

amumuv0joz.png

Subtle

Call mid, pick Sona, Ori goes "wtf no im mid", and picks Ori. Okay, whatever, I'll support. Dominate bot lane (look at MF's and Leona's score) but Ori and Shyv's feed is too strong. This is the true elo hell. I haven't played with players this bad in awhile.

Edit: People feed in Gold, but the quality of play here was just horrendous. The play gap is so noticeable. I really hope I can make it out asap. I swear ori missed all her abilities on yasuo at one point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom