• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

just finished my placements 7-3 and got put in silver v. nothing has changed.
Same situation here, I was placed basically where I started. The system is kinda harsh, but I think it placed a lot of players at the V divisions that shouldn't be there where they deserved to be.

Same situation here, I was placed basically where I started. The system is kinda harsh, but I think it placed a lot of players at the V divisions that shouldn't be there where they deserved to be.

Yeah, my mmr was silver v anyway, so I'm not complaining. I feel bad for a buddy of mine that was Gold I and got bumped all the way to Silver III.

Ocho

Am I the only one who completely stopped playing when s3 ended and just returned when s4 (truly) began? I'm such a ranked whore, I don't feel like playing normals or rankeds where my rank doesn't really matter (no rewards).

Moodmon

Neo Member
I do not play much, but I really do not care for ranked. Mainly as I cannot play it, being under 30. This was a helpful opinion I feel.

As general consensus here seems to be to not touch ranked for a bit till 30, I cannot wait for team builder. No more dubious match making with massive parties I hope. Just singles and if I lose, I will not be able to blame the gold people on the other team.

It is what makes it so tempted to just dive into ranked straight away.

Achtius

so u need 70% win to be place where you were? :S

So I just started to play toplane.
g8xhw8P.png

It seems to be ok -results-wise- so far but I'm still not the carry I want to be. What would you guys advise on item building?
I always rush Botrk then boots (armor or MR depending on situation) but after that... what?
Should I build Trinity or BT?
Also as a toplaner should I take the all AD route or am I expected to buy tankyness (in chich case I would go randuin + spirit visage)?

Against most teams with jax you will want botrk, triforce, randuins, spirit visage, boots, ga. Obviously change your defensive items against a team that is all ad. Usually I'll go botrk first, or at least go bilgewater, then if I'm doing well I go triforce second, if I'm feeding I get armour.

sleepykyo

I do not play much, but I really do not care for ranked. Mainly as I cannot play it, being under 30. This was a helpful opinion I feel.

As general consensus here seems to be to not touch ranked for a bit till 30, I cannot wait for team builder. No more dubious match making with massive parties I hope. Just singles and if I lose, I will not be able to blame the gold people on the other team.

It is what makes it so tempted to just dive into ranked straight away.

I hit 30 and I still can't play it. Something about 16 characters needed. Which is reasonable given highlander (there can only be one) and bans.

heimerdinger's paladins

raise em

so is Vi op or just really good because I've only ever played utility/tank junglers like udyr and naut before and im carrying with vi

I'm coming to accept that Vi might be OP as I've started playing her. She does so much damage, even if you build pretty tanky. Her level 6 ganks are stupidly good.

Had the weirdest game before. Our botlane feeds. Our mid and top are losing lanes due to ganks. I'm trying to camp mid with Vi (we had Mordekaiser vs Diana and since Morde pushes lots I wanted to be around for the J4 gank). Basically we're getting destroyed.

And then we won. Or something. Had less kills than them in the end too. Neither team ever got Baron.

Half the problem for their team was their bot lane was Thresh/Tristana, Tristana not being very scary in the mid game really, despite getting fed. And more to the point, the Thresh was a god, not the Tristana, so despite him getting Trist fed, Trist couldn't carry because of terrible positioning.

The game still made no sense whatsoever.

On the bright side, their team argued the whole game while my team basically never said anything negative. That probably had something to do with it.

Against most teams with jax you will want botrk, triforce, randuins, spirit visage, boots, ga. Obviously change your defensive items against a team that is all ad. Usually I'll go botrk first, or at least go bilgewater, then if I'm doing well I go triforce second, if I'm feeding I get armour.

Thank you for the tips.

b-b-b-buh she uses so much mana!

next thing you'll say is that elise is OP

Vi is easily the most satisfying champion to play at the moment, she's just great to play.

Elise is fun too, being probably the strongest all around jungler early game other than maybe Lee Sin but it's so much harder to play her well in the late game. You can either sit back and peel for your carry, or if you built ap maybe try assassinate the carry. She is good in sieges but...

The thing with Elise is if you can juke her cocoon then she's not very threatening and her kit is really better for single target stuff.

It's like Lee Sin, if I lose to him (or elise) I figure I got outplayed. Vi can make some great plays too, but when I'm playing Vi and the other team's carry isn't a Tristana or Vayne, I kinda don't care if they get a little bit fed because I know I can just stomp them in teamfights.

Also for the person that was asking about Jax that I replied too, basically the thing is Jax has no innate sustain. In most matchups you will want to rectify that pretty early. The reason you build BOTRK and Triforce is so you don't get kited. In some matchups an early triforce might be worth it if you want to have short burst trades instead of longer ones, but even then I would usually rush a vamp scepter first and then build it. You also don't really want to pick Jax unless your team has a good tanky jungler with a strong initiation. Someone like Vi/Jarvan/Amumu is pretty ideal. Makes it a bit safer for you to get into the teamfight. Also, you outscale most matchups, so make sure to focus on having good farm and don't feel like you need to force anything.

I don't know why every champ has to have a flat power scale across a match.

At this rate, LeBlanc's is pretty much guaranteed to be on the chopping block. Watch as Riot gives her something similar to the Ahri treatment: gut base damages, increase ratios by a tiny amount (+10% AP) then adding a DFG damage amp on targets rooted by E. This will "separate the good LeBlancs from the great LeBlancs".

zkylon

zkylewd
Question: Got Silver 3 for team 3v3. Will I get the banner at the end of the season if we finish here or do I have to do solos to get it?

you mean the loading screen border thingie? that's exclusive to the queue you're in. so basically you'll see a silver border in 3v3s, but not on solo queue or ranked 5s

I think normals and aram take your highest solo queue ranking tho

At this rate, LeBlanc's is pretty much guaranteed to be on the chopping block. Watch as Riot gives her the Ahri treatment: gut base damages, increase ratios by a tiny amount (+10% AP) then adding a DFG damage amp on targets rooted by E. This will "separate the good LeBlancs from the great LeBlancs".
that wouldn't be bad

I play her a lot lately and she's pretty bullshity, as most assasins are. they should probably kill a lot of w and w ult damage and move more damage to the second part of her e so as to force people to play better

because right now she's pretty stupid

At this rate, LeBlanc's is pretty much guaranteed to be on the chopping block. Watch as Riot gives her something similar to the Ahri treatment: gut base damages, increase ratios by a tiny amount (+10% AP) then adding a DFG damage amp on targets rooted by E. This will "separate the good LeBlancs from the great LeBlancs".

Well I suppose they want wins and losses to be determined as much as possible by pure skill and the ability to execute, rather than being able to brute force through to a win. I guess?

Idunno.

quick ideas for team name

Odd Future.

Tips please. Build order, skill leveling order, and so forth.

start w, get e second, then max q if you're good at hitting them. If you're ahead or if your team has a tanky top laner, build elder lizard. If you're behind or your team needs a tank, build ancient golem. I mostly end up ahead, so I get lizard, mobis, brutalizer, and then either a triforce if I end up SUPER fed or a randuins or warmogs or something. Sometimes sunfire.

When you gank with her, hit your q, then auto and reset with e immediately, you'll proc your w instantly.

edit: if you want to learn to play vi, watch Nightblue3's stream. He's pretty much constantly playing either Vi, Khazix, or Elise.

Well I suppose they want wins and losses to be determined as much as possible by pure skill and the ability to execute, rather than being able to brute force through to a win. I guess?

Idunno.

Odd Future.

Well then they should rework champions like Annie and change on click cc like fiddle's fear and taric's stun.

EDIT:

For Vi. If I have a tanky team (eg Renekton top and Leona support) I'll go Spirit of the Elder Lizard first. If we don't really have a true tank (like the last game I played we had a Jax top) I'll go Ancient Golem. Then it's usually time to get my tier 2 boots which are usually Mercs if I got Lizard or Tabi if I got Golem. Then it depends how things are going. Randuins/Spirit Visage are typically stables defensively, but if I'm behind and need to be tankier I might get Sunfire too. I usually get a Brutalizer reasonably early to help my ganks and damage. Often getting brutalizer before I build tanky. Then I usually finish with a Triforce. If I'm really fed early I might rush a Triforce.

It's all situational really.

Here is an example of my recent builds with her (ignore my madlife thresh game):

Gno7b5C.png

The most recent game where I was doing well I started golem because I needed to tank, then Brutalizer because I was doing well, then I build tank items because if I'm going to be diving into their team I need to live, and we had a fed Ziggs and Vayne as well so I didn't need to deal ridiculous damage, and then I was finishing a triforce as the game ended. A couple games before that I was essentially our dedicated tank so I was just building pure tanky. Vi still does respectable damage when doing that, and has plenty of utility. And then the game in the middle I built a bit more ad because we had a Renekton top lane, and because I was essentially our assassin with a Mordekaiser mid. The other team actually had madlife thresh botlane so their Tristana was fed and I needed to be able to kill her. Their only ap was Diana and she wasn't targeting me so I was in the process of building a Randuins for my second tanky item.

For skill order, if I start bottom buff and get a good leash I'll start with e so I get the shield and the auto attack reset for a really quick clear of that buff without losing much hp, then I take w at level 2. And then I max q, it's the best skill for ganks. Then I max e, then w last.

Early on the advantage of Vi's ganks are her damage rather than her cc. This is why she's a great midlane ganker, because of the squishy targets. Top is typically a bad lane for her to gank early unless the laner is very over extended. She's the ideal pick against teams with immobile carries, like Jinx, or with easily gankable midlanes, like Ryze. Don't forget that her ultimate is one of the best forms of peel possible. If the enemy team has a fed Khazix or something you can just ult him when he's in the middle of your team.

zkylon

zkylewd
well, I'm 1-1

I went 2 3 13 on leblanc which is kind of a ridiculous score but I really enjoyed the lesson to be taken from this game. basically if you're not doing so good, just allow yourself to be carried. I knew our renek and our draven were big, specially draven, so just stuck close to him and just kept chaining nasus to give him some peel, while elise and renek dealt with their backline. it worked really well, draven played like a beast and he got two triple kills in a row, we baited baron twice and got nexus turrets first time, then nexus on the second.

so yeah never tunnelvision only because you're leblanc or zed or whatever, just don't feed and try to stay relevant by helping the ones that are actually doing good

1-1

I lost my first placement.

Feels bad, my worst lanes are top and jungle, and I and my duo where left with only... top and jungle, leona said at first she would fill, so I was happy because I would play support, then she locked Leona, (won my first placement as support) and just nope.

):

It didn't help I had more cs than our Kassadin. And I wasted a lot of time trying to keep bot from falling apart.

Mothman91

1-1

Feels bad, my worst lanes are top and jungle, and I and my duo where left with only... top and jungle, leona said at first she would fill, so I was happy because I would play support, before she locked Leona, (won my first placement as support) and just nope.

):

It didn't help I had more cs than our Kassadin. And I wasted a lot of time trying to keep bot from falling apart.

If your guy opened up kassadin, atleast ask him if he knows how to play him lol, also surprised he wasn't banned out.

If your guy opened up kassadin, atleast ask him if he knows how to play him lol, also surprised he wasn't banned out.

He said he did, even after losing the game.

I did more damage than him.. and I was Nautilus. (Again, jungle and top are my worst lanes, Nautilus is the only one I can jungle for the moment, ): )

ALN1031

1-1

Feels bad, my worst lanes are top and jungle, and I and my duo where left with only... top and jungle, leona said at first she would fill, so I was happy because I would play support, then she locked Leona, (won my first placement as support) and just nope.

):

Well keep in mind that Kassadin gets stomped early on by almost anyone in mid lane, so he should be losing cs unless he's just that good. Also once he gets Riftwalk he'll want to roam and lose even more cs. So if he was doing decent otherwise, try to be a little considerate, hehe.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
like two seconds after i hit the home button i'm like, "oh man, i shoulda given that guy honor."

sorry guy. you were the coolest rammus. let me take red camp on jax when i was like 0-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom