• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

t1390500000z1.png

Millenium vs Alliance
Roccat vs Supa Hot Crew
Copenhagen Wolves vs Millenium
Gambit Gaming vs SK Gaming

EU LCS Week 2 Day 1 Preview

Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

well had my first match with Skarner. did work. had a 0/10 level 28 Fiddle on my team that had clearly never played the champ before. Don't really understand how that happens.

Leezard

Any ideas for late game AP items for a support?

I got to 6 items as Janna (50 min game), and I thought it reasonable to have a single AP item. I bought Void Staff because I bought a blasting rod and then managed to afford the void staff on my next back, but it kind of confirmed that I'm uncertain of what single AP item should be best.

Deathcap, Zhonya's, Void, or possibly Abyssal, I was thinking. Deathcap is most likely best for a support such as Janna due to the high AP, but Zhonya's could be useful as well, without losing much AP. Any other ideas?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In an ideal game, is TF better than Iceborn on Skarner?
iceborn is kind of weak, but it's hard to compare it to trinity force because there's such a stark difference between their gold value.

i don't buy iceborn on skarner because he's not really lacking an aoe slow. trinity force's movespeed and damage are much more helpful but you only would build it if you are ahead or are looking for late game stats. if you need armor there are just better options.

Leezard

Morello and Banner too.

Rylai and Abyssal maybe, depends on the support.

Hm, I had completely forgotten about Banner, that might be useful.

Morello could be good if they have a Mundo I suppose, but the cdr would be completely wasted.

Rylai could work fine on Annie, I think.

Ferga

I forgot that I could go rush hydra renekton in gold and early plat games with no punishment.

One shotting adcs at dragon fights in so fun

Hm, I had completely forgotten about Banner, that might be useful.

Morello could be good if they have a Mundo I suppose, but the cdr would be completely wasted.

Rylai could work fine on Annie, I think.
Tibbers procs the slow from Rylai's if I recall correctly and more CDR on a support wouldn't be too bad if you were to buy the Morellonomicon, unless you've already got that covered with other items.

Leezard

Tibbers procs the slow from Rylai's if I recall correctly and more CDR on a support wouldn't be too bad if you were to buy the Morellonomicon, unless you've already got that covered with other items.
Yes, that was the point of the "wasted" cdr; when buying my sixth item, I typically already have max cdr.

The scales of which ap item to build might shift a bit if we have two item slots open for building ap. Deathcap + another item should be good in this case, I think.

Can he trollpole the ukt?
Yes.

It's not that bad of a match up as I originally thought. You can easily starve him out while keeping up decent farm. It's one of Syndra's advantages, she also has heavy constant damage aside from burst so I can wear him down at range.

EDIT - Yep, lolcounter says Fizz is her biggest counter. Har har. Try Ziggs.

garath

Yes.

It's not that bad of a match up as I originally thought. You can easily starve him out while keeping up decent farm. It's one of Syndra's advantages, she also has heavy constant damage aside from burst so I can wear him down at range.

I like Yasuo against Syndra. Her range is too big for most others.

edit: BTW, new spirit stone is awesome. We're going to start seeing a lot more weird junglers I think. Sustain for both health and mana in the jungle is like a thing of the past now. Don't need a jungler that can specifically thrive in there.

New Spirit Stone felt goooooooooood on monkey. Never having to worry about being too low to clear. They even made AoE only reduce the sustain by half instead of a third.

Makes me feel like trying Sejuani again next time I'm forced to jangle.

garath

New Spirit Stone felt goooooooooood on monkey. Never having to worry about being too low to clear. They even made AoE only reduce the sustain by half instead of a third.

Makes me feel like trying Sejuani again next time I'm forced to jangle.

Mm. Sejuani. With more mana she will be a terror. Definitely have to try her again. I'll have to try Wukong again as well. I played him a bit before the spirit stone buff and it was pretty good.

might be why I like Pantheon so much. I didn't try him till post spirit stone buff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some jungle nerfs coming down the line. It is way too easy now to be one of the highest gold totals and level in the game just by jungling. I'm often higher than solo laners in mid game. Though it could be that this is what they want. 5 equally viable roles able to carry. Increased vision with trinkets and limited clearing capabilities but less overpowering later with ward limits per person.

Can't say I hate it. It was really bad having two roles reduced to strictly utility (jungler and support). Now you have a choice to go utility, it's not forced.

Yes.

Lolcounter's been shit ever since its inception. Not that community-based voting is ever a trustworthy system, 'cause you'd get instances like:

"Jayce is strong against... Garen!"
"Garen is strong against... Jayce!"

And then they also 'hired' that dweeb who made flawed YouTube video's about specific counter match-ups, with golden information like "Rumble has free sustain through Will of the Ancients" back when it was commonly used.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some jungle nerfs coming down the line. It is way too easy now to be one of the highest gold totals and level in the game just by jungling. I'm often higher than solo laners in mid game. Though it could be that this is what they want. 5 equally viable roles able to carry. Increased vision with trinkets and limited clearing capabilities but less overpowering later with ward limits per person.

Can't say I hate it. It was really bad having two roles reduced to strictly utility (jungler and support). Now you have a choice to go utility, it's not forced.
They'll probably just end up nerfing Spirit Stone slightly (maybe its camp-clearing damage) while boosting up Madreds / Wriggles. Haven't seen Riot complain about the increased gold income for junglers, so that's looking like it'll stay.

Leezard

Lolcounter's been shit ever since its inception. Not that community-based voting is ever a trustworthy system, 'cause you'd get instances like:

"Jayce is strong against... Garen!"
"Garen is strong against... Jayce!"

And then they also 'hired' that dweeb who made flawed YouTube video's about specific counter match-ups, with golden information like "Rumble has free sustain through Will of the Ancients" back when it was commonly used.
Well, yeah. It's a site where primarily (I suppose) bronze players vote on matchups. It's not going to be pretty.

garath

Rengar WIP changes

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44622319#post44622319

Meh. He used to be one of my favorite junglers S2. S3 was almost impossible to jungle well. He could come back this season with a Hydra rush or something but I don't know how these changes will work. I like the new E though!

They'll probably just end up nerfing Spirit Stone slightly (maybe its camp-clearing damage) while boosting up Madreds / Wriggles. Haven't seen Riot complain about the increased gold income for junglers, so that's looking like it'll stay.

I really would be happy if they left the gold income. For a long time it seemed like every time there was a viable carry jungler, it would get nerfed. I haven't had this much fun jungling ever. I can see a spirit stone nerf but they'd likely leave the final jungle item the current butcher.

Maybe it's time to revisit Morgana... I remember playing a few matches against her weeks ago. The reworked W really hurt.
She's perfectly viable after the rework. You can actually be somewhat aggressive instead of just giving the opponent a free farm lane now, and she can hit like a truck if your health is down.

iceborn is kind of weak, but it's hard to compare it to trinity force because there's such a stark difference between their gold value.

i don't buy iceborn on skarner because he's not really lacking an aoe slow. trinity force's movespeed and damage are much more helpful but you only would build it if you are ahead or are looking for late game stats. if you need armor there are just better options.

*takes notes*

First game I built TF and it felt good. My teammates were just awful (first time Zed, second time Yauso). They went a combined something like 4/25 so I couldn't really get a good feel for my impact (finished 5/5/something). Second game was just a stomp and finished 4/2/something in a 16-minute gg so again, I didn't get much opportunity to feel him out in team fights.

For some reason, I thought that I would be able to ult someone, then flash them back to my team like I can with Batrider in Dota2. I was very sad to be wrong about that. lol. BUT...I really like how available his ult is. With that passive, it's basically up every 30 seconds or so. I really like his jungle clearing speed with Spirit Stone. Will need a lot more time with him of course, but I liked what I saw. I didn't like what I saw enough to want to pick him over the typical selection of junglers by any stretch of the imagination, but I was entertained.

I'll make it my goal to get TF + appropriate defensive items today and see how that goes.

PBE Skarner will probably want Gauntlets, because he has no permaslow.

They removed the slow from his Q in PBE?

drawkcaB

Rengar WIP changes

Loves the changes myself, particularly on the ult. Now you have to choose whether you want to jump on a target out of stealth with no ferocity stacks or run at them with the speed boost and ferocity generation active. Getting triple ferocity for empowered Q should help out his jungle clear as well. Looking forward to playing the Stab Tabby again.

[/QUOTE]Mm. Sejuani. With more mana she will be a terror. [/QUOTE]

Forced to play her last night because a duo wanted to do bot so I couldn't keep going on my support marathon (32 out of 50 games done). Ended 3/3/5 despite an early mistake and pretty much every lane getting beaten before a pre-mature surrender. Wasn't the best game but I'll say this much, mana wasn't an issue level 4 onwards.

So yesterday I played 7 placement games with a friend.

Oh, god.

2-5

Now I told him I would play the last three by myself. (Won 10/0/8, only our bot lane died)
I can smell the bronze. I don't want to be in bronze. (I'm now 3-5)

):

Duos are killing my ranked placements. It's not just for my own sake that I suggested the duo I played with in my final game of last night should just solo from now on. :(

Type2

Playing like a bronzie here no matter what role.

halp, what do i do to break this spell

Think of the times before the reset and play like that. Don't chase and focus on getting vision you need.
With this reset a lot of people are playing like trash. Ive occasionally caught myself in this bunch. My ranked experiences have been wild and random. Ill never forget you ad bruiser nidalee vs nasus lane. FML

dimb

I'll make it my goal to get TF + appropriate defensive items today and see how that goes.
just remember if you rush TF i'll cry.
Forced to play her last night because a duo wanted to do bot so I couldn't keep going on my support marathon (32 out of 50 games done). Ended 3/3/5 despite an early mistake and pretty much every lane getting beaten before a pre-mature surrender. Wasn't the best game but I'll say this much, mana wasn't an issue level 4 onwards.
why would mana be an issue before four? you got blue buff.

Edwardo

Duos are killing my ranked placements. It's not just for my own sake that I suggested the duo I played with in my final game of last night should just solo from now on. :(

So yesterday I played 7 placement games with a friend.

Oh, god.

2-5

Now I told him I would play the last three by myself. (Won 10/0/8, only our bot lane died)
I can smell the bronze. I don't want to be in bronze. (I'm now 3-5)

):

If it helps, all of the placement games that I won were duo ;)

just remember if you rush TF i'll cry.
I was thinking

Golem --> boots of swiftness or the other fast boots --> armor component of frozen heart --> sheen --> TF --> frozen heart. That's what I was doin last night.

Should I work in an hp item after sheen? Like a sunfire or hp part of visage? Belt and keep my options open?

dimb

I was thinking

Golem --> boots of swiftness or the other fast boots --> armor component of frozen heart --> sheen --> TF --> frozen heart. That's what I was doin last night.

Should I work in an hp item after sheen? Like a sunfire or hp part of visage? Belt and keep my options open?
i don't like mobos. swifites or tabi. i don't really think you need frozen heart on skarner, it's a pretty situational item unless you see a heavy amount of autoattackers on the enemy team.

you are also going to be really late to having any completed items on a build path that goes from an incomplete item to TF, which is super slow to build. i usually just go golem into sunfire, unless the team is heavy ap or something. maybe new sunfire makes it not great though.

Newt

So Leona and Thresh both have around 40% popularity right now. Seems those Season 4 changes were so beneficial to supports. :lol

drawkcaB

dimb said:
why would mana be an issue before four? you got blue buff.

I didn't have issues prior to 4. I backed at 4 to pick up some items including spirit stone. Immediately after that I derped and got killed by Lee Sin, so I really had blue buff and spirit stone together for any meaningful time.

i don't like mobos. swifites or tabi. i don't really think you need frozen heart on skarner, it's a pretty situational item unless you see a heavy amount of autoattackers on the enemy team.

you are also going to be really late to having any completed items on a build path that goes from an incomplete item to TF, which is super slow to build. i usually just go golem into sunfire, unless the team is heavy ap or something. maybe new sunfire makes it not great though.

understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom