• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

So Leona and Thresh both have around 40% popularity right now. Seems those Season 4 changes were so beneficial to supports. :lol

Sometimes I amuse myself by trying to ban out a whole role. Force some less popular picks.

Bans: Thresh, Leona, Annie. Opponent probably banned Blitz. Forces a Sona and a Taric or something.

Bans: Jinx, Lucian, Sivir. Draaaaaaaven gets picked.

To your point they still need to work on support itemization. So many were built around the idea that they wouldn't be getting any real items. The ones that benefit from it the most (like the tanky Leona) are very strong right now because of it. It'll happen soon I imagine.

So Leona and Thresh both have around 40% popularity right now. Seems those Season 4 changes were so beneficial to supports. :lol

I've said it earlier in this thread, but Leona is in her own god-tier above other supports. I've, rather boringly, had to resort back to her for some freelo because if you don't taker her your ADC doesn't know how to position against her. 46 second cooldown on her ult @40%CD is way too powerful and easily achievable with Ascension and Heart.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Disappointing to place Bronze 3 this season when I placed Silver 3 last season, especially since last year I spammed ten ranked games as soon as I hit 30 and promptly forgot about ranks until the end of the season.

Ashhong

Does anybody know if League would perform better on my Macbook if I installed it onto my internal SSD instead of my normal HDD? I have an SSD installed in my DVD drive compartment and use it only for booting and apps. I installed League onto my normal HDD because the file size was kind of big, but am willing to move it if it might help. I think it might help loading time but maybe not the actual gameplay?

zkylon

zkylewd
Does anybody know if League would perform better on my Macbook if I installed it onto my internal SSD instead of my normal HDD? I have an SSD installed in my DVD drive compartment and use it only for booting and apps. I installed League onto my normal HDD because the file size was kind of big, but am willing to move it if it might help. I think it might help loading time but maybe not the actual gameplay?
probably

don't expect better framerate, I figure lol loads everything on memory during loading times since it's not a very intensive game

drawkcaB

because riot "reworked" supports by nerfing them to the ground

she's seen some play in ogn

didn't do so well

I'm disappointed that even though ranged traditional supports being in a bad spot was mentioned in December by several Reds, there's nothing yet regarding this issue on the PBE. I think it's a bigger problem than the current issues at top or ADC, but that's probably my own bias having played exclusively support since mid-December until last night.

garath

I'm disappointed that even though ranged traditional supports being in a bad spot was mentioned in December by several Reds, there's nothing yet regarding this issue on the PBE. I think it's a bigger problem than the current issues at top or ADC, but that's probably my own bias having played exclusively support since mid-December until last night.

Even though Sona isn't quite as strong as Leona right now, people shouldn't forget her. She still has very strong poke, good sustain and a game changing ult. I laned against her a couple times S4 and was surprised how much damage I was taking early. I had forgotten lol.

Even though Sona isn't quite as strong as Leona right now, people shouldn't forget her. She still has very strong poke, good sustain and a game changing ult. I laned against her a couple times S4 and was surprised how much damage I was taking early. I had forgotten lol.

She's down in the realm of 5th/6th pick for me. I would literally have to ban supports to pick Sona.

zkylon

zkylewd
they gave trad supports more gold but they nerfed their ap ratios to the point building ap is useless on them (seriously 0.02% ratio on sona e? why the fuck even bother) and building armor is simply more effective on leona and thresh.

also with how the meta's right now champions without pre-6 hard cc just don't work so well, which is why I play a lot more nami than sona these days.

Started out well in my promos and went 3-1...then Riot started to troll me. I got matched up with people who would AFK, people who would beg for a role/champ, then get in game and find it a good time to say, "I haven't played in a while, hope I don't feed!!!"(as they finish 2-11), or "hmm haven't played Xerath in a while, is he any good now?"(if he is, they certainly weren't).

Sigh.

I went from 3-1 to finishing 4-6, not being able to do much with the bronze/unranked from last season that I was getting paired up with (while the other team would have a Gold player or two).

I was Silver 3 last season, now...?...Welcome to Bronze 2, me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really starting to dig playing jungler, especially with Hecarim.

Ulting an enemy team from out of nowhere followed by using my e to throw them towards my assassin never gets old.

drawkcaB

they gave trad supports more gold but they nerfed their ap ratios to the point building ap is useless on them (seriously 0.02% ratio on sona e? why the fuck even bother) and building armor is simply more effective on leona and thresh.

also with how the meta's right now champions without pre-6 hard cc just don't work so well, which is why I play a lot more nami than sona these days.

What really chaffs my ass is that lots of the changes and AP utility scaling require the purchase of a big ticket AP item (Deathcap, Zhonya's, etc.) just to get the power I used to get for free.

Anyone have good resources for learning Nami? She's the support I'm currently playing during my marathon and I haven't really "got" her yet.

drawkcaB

blame barrier.

Yeah. I also think the nerf to his base attack speed made his AA felt sluggish. They should have a look at the wind up/wind down times to clean it up some. Giving his passive the Jinx Q treatment would also be nice as a way to better define him as the "tanky" ADC.

i am the resource. what do you wanna know? you just gotta go with the flow.

How aggressive should I be? I need general play style sort of input.

Karma support in EU LCS. Very nice. I've faced it several times and it's very strong IMO but I wanted to see it in a more competitive match. I'm close to buying her but I'm not sure I need another support.

garath

Noooooo. A Pantheon jungle again in LCS. God dammit. The pros are going to increase the popularity and get him nerfed.

edit: I think he's safe. That was a pretty poor showing.

Leezard

I hope Karma support doesn't become a thing. She is so ridiculously good.

In other news, 2-1 in promo now. Janna has treated me nicely.

scy

They should have a look at the wind up/wind down times to clean it up some.

Just to note, Graves has the smoothest auto-attack animation (as in, in terms of cancellable frames and so-on) of all the ADCs with Lucian second, if I recall. He just has a slow attack speed, which isn't quite the same as having a non-fluid attack animation.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Started out well in my promos and went 3-1...then Riot started to troll me. I got matched up with people who would AFK, people who would beg for a role/champ, then get in game and find it a good time to say, "I haven't played in a while, hope I don't feed!!!"(as they finish 2-11), or "hmm haven't played Xerath in a while, is he any good now?"(if he is, they certainly weren't).

Sigh.

I went from 3-1 to finishing 4-6, not being able to do much with the bronze/unranked from last season that I was getting paired up with (while the other team would have a Gold player or two).

We can ride in the same boat to the island

drawkcaB

Yes, I'm hoping that it won't happen despite that. We never know until next week in solo queue, though. :p

Ult'ed-Q is so ridiculous early levels it's going to happen at some point. I want to buy her but I have too many supports already (although a support I can play in off-roles pretty much everywhere save ADC sounds appealing).

Scy said:
Just to note, Graves has the smoothest auto-attack animation (as in, in terms of cancellable frames and so-on) of all the ADCs with Lucian second, if I recall. He just has a slow attack speed, which isn't quite the same as having a non-fluid attack animation.

Could have fooled me. I have a substantially easier time moving between AAs with all the other ADCs I play. I constantly move too early and "mis-fire" with Graves. Feels like I have to stand put to let the shot off.

Azulsky

Even up to low tier diamond she is probably still damned good in the right hands.

LCS picks are not the only good picks they just set trends.

Her speedboost scaling with AP is not that bad because in regular soloqueue or normals you will actually get to build some items. Chase comps are pretty crazy. I was on a team with Olaf jungle, karma mid, sivir and sona bot. Once you got the enemy to waste an Ult you could run them down across the map.

Disappointing to place Bronze 3 this season when I placed Silver 3 last season, especially since last year I spammed ten ranked games as soon as I hit 30 and promptly forgot about ranks until the end of the season.

We can ride in the same boat to the island

Wow. Another AFK, my own computer switching off mid-game (still dunno why), and a troll Yi who set off the most toxic Caitlyn I've ever played with. Finishing with a tasty 3W/7L to land neatly in Bronze 4, a year after placing in Silver 4. God that feels crap.

Having said that, maybe I won't get wrecked every single game this season!!!

I totally will, I'm obviously terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
What really chaffs my ass is that lots of the changes and AP utility scaling require the purchase of a big ticket AP item (Deathcap, Zhonya's, etc.) just to get the power I used to get for free.
yup

basically ranged supports are worse off than before because these changes made thresh and leona even more dominant, while annie's still on her rampage (which I love because I can finally get my revenge). I mean I never intended to buy more ap with sona, so maybe don't take my shitty ratios away for the bit of ap I get off athene's maybe? although mikael's is so much better for saving adcs lives that you don't even get that. and like mikael's awesome, why can't you give it some ap so it's more useful for sona and nami and all of them cool cats while not doing anything really for leona? or maybe give twin shadows some love, or spellthief, or whatever.

it boggles my mind that riot actually thought that anyone was gonna be pleased with a 0.02 ratio on a spell.

Anyone have good resources for learning Nami? She's the support I'm currently playing during my marathon and I haven't really "got" her yet.
the way I play nami is that basically for the first 8 or so minutes of the game I'm just throwing warm-up bubbles

I try and try and try and end up with like 23% accuracy.

then as the game goes on and I'm in the zone it'll go up to like 89%.

but basically treat it like a blitz grab, sometimes the danger of the off-cooldown bubble is even better than actually casting it. also try casting e on yourself, hit them once, then shoot bubble to make it easier to land/force a flash. and when your adc's harassing cast your e while he's mid-animation and you'll get pretty good poke. I love doing that with cait.

and uh, I dunno about most people, but I tend to max spells pretty differently each game. sometimes it's e>w>q, sometimes it's w>q>e, etc. mostly depending on how much hard engage vs poke the lane is.

build is 90% of the times shurelyas into mikael into tankiness while maxing cdr with spirit visage, frozen heart, randuins or maybe morellos. I start doran's ring or doran's shield most of the time because I wanna murder fools

Even up to low tier diamond she is probably still damned good in the right hands.

LCS picks are not the only good picks they just set trends.

Her speedboost scaling with AP is not that bad because in regular soloqueue or normals you will actually get to build some items. Chase comps are pretty crazy. I was on a team with Olaf jungle, karma mid, sivir and sona bot. Once you got the enemy to waste an Ult you could run them down across the map.
I'm sure you chasing people had a lot more to do with the 40% speed buffs from sivir and karma and shurelyas than sona's flat 4+4%+2 per 100 ap. sure it's a spammable skill but why even give it a scaling if it's gonna be so shit.

but yeah she's not totally awful because her kit is great but they've chipped away so much of it that for me she feels really meh.

The way Trundle is being used and built in LCS is giving me a migraine.

I've said it earlier in this thread, but Leona is in her own god-tier above other supports. I've, rather boringly, had to resort back to her for some freelo because if you don't taker her your ADC doesn't know how to position against her. 46 second cooldown on her ult @40%CD is way too powerful and easily achievable with Ascension and Heart.
Then you pick Alistar for the one time he'll still be good in his current state.

Karma support in EU LCS. Very nice. I've faced it several times and it's very strong IMO but I wanted to see it in a more competitive match. I'm close to buying her but I'm not sure I need another support.
Then buy her as a potent mid laner or an anti-melee top laner. Profit!

Yeah. I noticed a traditional support needed around 200AP to get back to their old numbers. How often do you even get that? I get Talisman, T2 boots and Crucible before I even start building AP. I'm more likely to build utility items than AP carry ones.

Nami, Thresh and Lulu weren't touched as bad and I think that's partly we still see them. Taric disappeared aftet he got nerfed again. I absolutely hate the changes to Soraka. I love maxing E first for laning, but now her E is awful. The CDR part of Q might as well not exist. MR shred nerfed hard. Armor buff duration also nerfed. Christ.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. I noticed a traditional support needed around 200AP to get back to their old numbers. How often do you even get that? I get Talisman, T2 boots and Crucible before I even start building AP. I'm more likely to build utility items than AP carry ones.
never

you never get any ap as a support. like it's literally at zero every single game. at best 15 if I started doran's ring. you don't even put offensive masteries since 9 points in offense is pretty shit too.

like give mikael a new passive that enhances slows and speedups by 10% if you don't want real ratios

Nami, Thresh and Lulu weren't touched as bad and I think that's partly we still see them. Taric disappeared aftet he got nerfed again. I absolutely hate the changes to Soraka. I love maxing E first for laning, but now her E is awful. The CDR part of Q might as well not exist. MR shred nerfed hard. Armor buff duration also nerfed. Christ.

well soraka's getting a rework so I guess your pains will be over some day

I still can't understand why anyone would like soraka

Mothman91

because you can't burst people down when they can barrier.

But is barrier the "thing" that's holding back Graves to becoming fully viable in competitive play and in more solo Q? I think he needs some tweak or something to become a pick again, but I don't really know what they can do to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom