• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
But is barrier the "thing" that's holding back Graves to becoming fully viable in competitive play and in more solo Q? I think he needs some tweak or something to become a pick again, but I don't really know what they can do to him.

I just feel like graves is too high risk. He's out classed by Lucian if you want a bursty mobile champ.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Wow. Another AFK, my own computer switching off mid-game (still dunno why), and a troll Yi who set off the most toxic Caitlyn I've ever played with. Finishing with a tasty 3W/7L to land neatly in Bronze 4, a year after placing in Silver 4. God that feels crap.

Having said that, maybe I won't get wrecked every single game this season!!!

I totally will, I'm obviously terrible.

We're gonna need an 80s movie montage. Cue the Eye of the Tiger.

zkylon

zkylewd
But is barrier the "thing" that's holding back Graves to becoming fully viable in competitive play and in more solo Q? I think he needs some tweak or something to become a pick again, but I don't really know what they can do to him.

they should roll his attack speed back a bit, see how that pans out

but yea barrier really messes his burst damage, I'd love to see a small rework to make him more of a tanky adcaster by making his e give him % damage reduction on top of his passive (but less attack speed)

CRS

So we just beat this team that tried to be cute by all getting teleport and placing trinkets/wards to teleport for ganks.

They had Silver 1, Silver V, and Bronze II ranked players while we were all level 30 or under (I'm 27). It took forever but I was so happy to shut their trash-talking mouths when we beat them through a backdoor. Their Riven was about to teleport back to help out but I stopped it with my Udyr E securing the rest of the team to win.

I should have bought Sejuani earlier, she's a lot of fun, even if I think she was stronger before the rework (the things the Sejuani's did before the rework were pretty crazy). I got a quadrakill with her. In the pig we trust.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But is barrier the "thing" that's holding back Graves to becoming fully viable in competitive play and in more solo Q?
well it was one of the biggest stopping factors in him seeing serious play. he is a champion that thrives on burst and barrier is a reliable means for marksmen to mitigate damage and extended a fight. this makes it harder to graves to pick up kills in lane where he used to thrive, and it makes it harder for him to choose a target as team fights start.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Played a game with Nocturne finally (got him ages ago and never tried him)

I'm not sure what I expected

I should have bought Sejuani earlier, she's a lot of fun, even if I think she was stronger before the rework (the things the Sejuani's did before the rework were pretty crazy). I got a quadrakill with her. In the pig we trust.

I love Sej, but I have no idea what to do when people counterjungle me. I guess I just need to become more confident in dealing with that part of the meta -- warding and calling laners to help and all that.

dimb

Feels EXTREMELY dependent on Q. Feels like everything you do could be baited.
It's one of the most forgiving skillshots in the game and he's an AD champ, so missing an ability isn't the end of the world. I'm not really sure I know what you mean.

I love Sej, but I have no idea what to do when people counterjungle me. I guess I just need to become more confident in dealing with that part of the meta -- warding and calling laners to help and all that.

The most awesome thing of that game is that I played against another friend, for the second time this month, I was lucky that he went support, he usually plays jungle, and he would have made my life hell counterjungling... specially because I told him to go easy with me because I was first time Sejuani.

After typing that, I realized I really shouldn't have done that.. but everything turned ok.

Ranked turned NOT ok. I'm playing my last placement. I'm ready for bronze. Since I barely use the chat in-game, I only use pings, I hardly carry, even if I doing all the rights things, and when I do the mistake, it's over. (I really should start to say what to do in chat, ): )

So we just beat this team that tried to be cute by all getting teleport and placing trinkets/wards to teleport for ganks.

They had Silver 1, Silver V, and Bronze II ranked players while we were all level 30 or under (I'm 27). It took forever but I was so happy to shut their trash-talking mouths when we beat them through a backdoor. Their Riven was about to teleport back to help out but I stopped it with my Udyr E securing the rest of the team to win.
My friends and I once fell victim to an all-teleport team, unfortunately. We led them with a score of something like 40-20 and they still beat us. It was rather humiliating. I really don't like trash-talkers. There's just no need for it.

It's one of the most forgiving skillshots in the game and he's an AD champ, so missing an ability isn't the end of the world. I'm not really sure I know what you mean.

I've found it actually has a surprisingly small hitbox compared to some other line skill shots. If you miss his Q that's a lot of damage you're missing out on, combined with his lack of gap closer he doesn't have a lot of good ways to gank if you don't land the q. I've spent a lot of time playing him and you have to build tanky, Q gives a big steroid so hitting it is actually pretty crucial I'd say.

Zynx

I thought the evelynn nerfs weren't that bad on paper, but I haven't won a single game with her since the patch. You fall behind so easily and it's really hard to catch up, and I've stopped playing with her. It doesn't matter if she can appear from nowhere when it feels like hitting someone with a wet paper towel.

I'm a little upset, to be honest. Not only because one of the champs I played was nerfed this one time, but looking at how other champs are getting nerfed, I can foresee that this will happen again and again. I can't afford the time to learn too many champions, especially when this game doesn't have a good training mode to practice mechanics.

I also don't like the longer games, anti-snowball or not. Before, setting aside 2 hours to play league would give me 4 games on average. Now, it's only 2.

Crisis avoided.

Although I went like this in placements:
W-D-D-W-D-D-D-W-D-W

I got placed in Silver III, I was in Silver I.

Now I'm in debt. I kind of bet with 3 of my friends a 975 skin for everyone if I didn't got placed in Bronze. (So I wouldn't be so salty for be placed in bronze)

Now I have to gift a skin to each one of them. ):

"OK"
jGHShd9wAcPew.png

Newt

Crisis avoided.

W-D-D-W-D-D-D-W-D-W

Now I'm in debt. I kind of bet with 3 of my friends a 975 skin for everyone if I didn't got placed in Bronze. (So I wouldn't be so salty for be placed in bronze)

"OK"
Rammus's Masterminds

wut

Blizzard

Banned
I'm sad, I was hoping to place gold and not have to grind 100-200 ranked games this season.

I started placements 7-1, but went 7-3. :( Both bad games were tonight and I had been luckier earlier in the placement.

So for me, gold V (I think I had greater than 0 LP) with 7-3 placements goes to Silver I.

Plus, I had some pretty decent records in the placement games. As Katarina I had 14/5/19, 10/2/4, 18/2/12, 7/3/15.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've found it actually has a surprisingly small hitbox compared to some other line skill shots. If you miss his Q that's a lot of damage you're missing out on, combined with his lack of gap closer he doesn't have a lot of good ways to gank if you don't land the q. I've spent a lot of time playing him and you have to build tanky, Q gives a big steroid so hitting it is actually pretty crucial I'd say.

Yeah, I just feel that if you don't land that Q there's no point in even being anywhere near a fight.

dimb

i don't know. it doesn't seem like a big deal to me and it goes for pretty much any jungler. if you miss your q on sej or vi just walk away most of the time. i don't think you have to go tanky either.

drawkcaB

Then buy her as a potent mid laner or an anti-melee top laner. Profit!

I caved. Fantastic. Now I have to add another 10 games to my support marathon. Sigh.

zkylon said:
the way I play nami is that basically for the first 8 or so minutes of the game I'm just throwing warm-up bubbles

Sort of took this advice and reevaluated what I think I was doing wrong. I kept holding back the bubble as a counter engage tool, which made things hit or miss (mostly miss) because once the opposing laners engage, they tend to be more mobile making it harder to hit the bubble. Last game, I used it more as a snare & trade tool, same way I tend to use Zyra's stranglethorns. We beat the opposing lane bad. Landed a few good bubbles early on vs. Lucian/Thresh and from there on out just walking up to them made them back off. Best Nami game so far by far, 7/2/35.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bunch of games with my ranked 5s team and got silver 2. wasn't too bad, our level 1s suck and most of my friends play jungle so they're pretty random when placed in a lane, but we kind of did ok and went 3-2 in placements.

two times we lost they had ziggs mid (once I played gragas vs him and did alright, second time I was annie support because I was tired of midding and my friend counterpicked himself and went ahri for some reason and lost pretty hard), and on the second game they had a diamond jungle kha6 that pretty much carried the game over the sad corpses of our losing mid and top lanes.

it really gets problematic to get a team with your friends if you don't have enough laners.

Sort of took this advice and reevaluated what I think I was doing wrong. I kept holding back the bubble as a counter engage tool, which made things hit or miss (mostly miss) because once the opposing laners engage, they tend to be more mobile making it harder to hit the bubble. Last game, I used it more as a snare & trade tool, same way I tend to use Zyra's stranglethorns. We beat the opposing lane bad. Landed a few good bubbles early on vs. Lucian/Thresh and from there on out just walking up to them made them back off. Best Nami game so far by far, 7/2/35.
well, glad I helped? I guess?

lol

ALN1031

played a bunch of games with my ranked 5s team and got silver 2. wasn't too bad, our level 1s suck and most of my friends play jungle so they're pretty random when placed in a lane, but we kind of did ok and went 3-2 in placements.

two times we lost they had ziggs mid (once I played gragas vs him and did alright, second time I was annie support because I was tired of midding and my friend counterpicked himself and went ahri for some reason and lost pretty hard), and on the second game they had a diamond jungle kha6 that pretty much carried the game over the sad corpses of our losing mid and top lanes.

it really gets problematic to get a team with your friends if you don't have enough laners.

well, glad I helped? I guess?

lol

Ziggs doesn't really counter Ahri. Pre-6 Ziggs bullies hard if he hits bombs, just as he's supposed to do, but if Ahri lands charm then Ziggs gets chunked hard. Post-6 Ahri wins an all-in quite easily by dodging everything Ziggs can throw.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs doesn't really counter Ahri. Pre-6 Ziggs bullies hard if he hits bombs, just as he's supposed to do, but if Ahri lands charm then Ziggs gets chunked hard. Post-6 Ahri wins an all-in quite easily by dodging everything Ziggs can throw.

well it's not a hard counter since those pretty rare but ahri's waveclear and hitting-under-turret is pretty crap and landing a charm unto bullziggs requires an important misposition on his part. it's an unbalanced lane that's for sure. it didn't help ahri failed her level 1 and started lane without flash.

but yea it's just the lack of versatility (among other issues) that killed us, like out of us 5 we have a dedicated mid/support (me) and a dedicated adc, and then three junglers that just jump around roles. and junglers don't usually make good laners, so they'll read the matchup wrong or something and lose pretty hard. I also didn't have the best game as gragas and we didn't think our comp vs theirs, etc.

I really like ranked teams, I just hate that I'm stuck with second pick which means I never go syndra.

oh and btw pbe patch

slight buffs to sona e. whatever.

gragas ult numbers tuned up to be a bit more reasonable, tho cd is back to live values. so basically a net damage nerf. I guess it's alright, I kind of like gragas being a solid pick but I'm not too sad

Ferga

Take inhibitor, i ping baron to either get it or recall and run there to stop the enemy baron. My adc decides to do blue at 50hp and die to it, losing us the game.

Some gold 1 players just don't want to be god damn carried sometimes.

I fuckin hate my mmr

I thought the evelynn nerfs weren't that bad on paper, but I haven't won a single game with her since the patch. You fall behind so easily and it's really hard to catch up, and I've stopped playing with her. It doesn't matter if she can appear from nowhere when it feels like hitting someone with a wet paper towel.

I'm a little upset, to be honest. Not only because one of the champs I played was nerfed this one time, but looking at how other champs are getting nerfed, I can foresee that this will happen again and again. I can't afford the time to learn too many champions, especially when this game doesn't have a good training mode to practice mechanics
Riot will eventually realize they went overboard with her and give her some power back, but that will either take forever or yet another rework.

I always knew they would just destroy her, so I dropped her way in advance to avoid getting pissed about it. The physical E was bad by itself, but the missile speed nerf is simply insulting.

Wow. Another AFK, my own computer switching off mid-game (still dunno why), and a troll Yi who set off the most toxic Caitlyn I've ever played with. Finishing with a tasty 3W/7L to land neatly in Bronze 4, a year after placing in Silver 4. God that feels crap.

Having said that, maybe I won't get wrecked every single game this season!!!

I totally will, I'm obviously terrible.

I have shed a tear for each of us...

:(

garath

Crisis avoided.

W-D-D-W-D-D-D-W-D-W

"OK"

I'm sad, I was hoping to place gold and not have to grind 100-200 ranked games this season.

I started placements 7-1, but went 7-3. :( Both bad games were tonight and I had been luckier earlier in the placement.

So for me, gold V (I think I had greater than 0 LP) with 7-3 placements goes to Silver I.

Plus, I had some pretty decent records in the placement games. As Katarina I had 14/5/19, 10/2/4, 18/2/12, 7/3/15.

good job to both of you. Only losing a division or two is not bad at all. I'm a little less fearful of the bronze demotion after seeing these results :)

I was Gold IV with like 50lp or something and was still getting 25lp a win (I just hardly played ranked) so I feel like my MMR was gold level and I won't be one of those Plat to Bronze people. Hopefully......... lol

I'll just spam Pantheon jungle until everyone figures out how to counter him.

There we go, back in business.

Gratz!!!

garath

Apparently there was a Mordekeiser pick in the LCS yesterday lol the result?
win

Come on, S4 has been hilarious so far. So many unorthodox picks in the pro scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom