• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Aw. Finally had a bad Pantheon jungle game. It's going to happen. I think Hydra is a must for him. Clear speeds are too slow otherwise. Hard to come back if you are behind.

Pantheon excels at ganking bot lane with ult. If bot has any sort of hard CC it's 2 kills for sure. My first game tonight bot was losing hard, gave up 6 kills before level 6. But our support was a Taric so once I hit 6 I just ganked bot every single time ult was up. It was two kills every time. Fed the heck out of the Vayne and carried the game to a win. I wouldn't normally gank that much on a losing lane but it was so easy. Got us dragons off of it as well. I really like his ult lol.

Edwardo

OGN Champions Winter 2013-2014 Finals

t1390636800z1.png

SK Telecom T1 K vs. Samsung Galaxy Ozone
Best of 5 Series

Pandora Stream
Twitch Stream

onvjlss.png

I just hope faker does interesting things. Ideally he picks Zed.

And none of that KT Bullets style 40 minute stare-off rubbish when the only teamfight is on the last push.

Blizzard

Banned
Didn't demotions used to have a grace period of 2-3 games? This is scary, season 4 doesn't seem to have that, unless it was because of earlier losses at 0 LP.

I placed into Silver I, 0 LP.

After a few games, I won one, 18 LP.

Lose one, 0 LP.

Lose one, demoted to Silver 2.

O_O;

zkylon

zkylewd
Didn't demotions used to have a grace period of 2-3 games? This is scary, season 4 doesn't seem to have that, unless it was because of earlier losses at 0 LP.

I placed into Silver I, 0 LP.

After a few games, I won one, 18 LP.

Lose one, 0 LP.

Lose one, demoted to Silver 2.

O_O;
I think you misunderstood what how lol's grace period works. like, you can't fall off on your say first four games after landing on a new division/tier. but after those 4 "free" games you can fall down any time you go below 0 lp.

bgbball31

I really want to stay up and watch this OGN match, because then I can stay up and watch the tennis match right after it. But I don't see myself being able to stay awake.

Anyways, onto an actual League topic. Up to Bronze 1 after being in Silver 3 last season, but going 4-6 in placements. Still ticked that I am here, but my own fault for many reasons (maining support, not being able to carry, not being able to harass nor dodge harass in lane, etc.)

All well, grind to get back up there and hopefully get to gold at least. My game knowledge is fine, and I can make calls, but mechanics... yeah.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone here plays zed?

want to learn him since I enjoy his juking and whatnot but he's always been a mystery to me. like, I dunno if I should make another shadow or something but I can never get his ult combo blow up people, and in general I feel like I play him wrong

Blizzard

Banned
I think you misunderstood what how lol's grace period works. like, you can't fall off on your say first four games after landing on a new division/tier. but after those 4 "free" games you can fall down any time you go below 0 lp.
Well that would make sense as an option, and it's what I was referencing in my post when I said "earlier losses at 0 LP." I think I had 3 before that point so that was presumably the extent of the grace period.

It also depends on your MMR if you have a high mmr then you have a longer grace period and vice versa
Is this reasonable conjecture or has Riot actually said this?

A lot of things people say about MMR seem like conjecture to me, but the sort that can never be proven/disproven, which makes discussion about it kind of weird. If someone here has lost say, 5-6 games at 0 LP in division 1 of some division in season 4, that would be a good data point.

Also if anyone has ANY tips for reducing ping in league I would love to hear them. I don't think I've ever seen under 76 ping in league, and tonight has been "98" constantly all night...yet feels weirdly much higher, like 200-300. I'm connected through a single wired switch, and I have the peer to peer transfer turned off from the main league screen.

I'll have things like autoattacking the wrong minions, or ignite/riven W not going off at all, it's super frustrating. I -want- to play Riven again but I feel like I literally will not be able to if it stays unresponsive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well that would make sense as an option, and it's what I was referencing in my post when I said "earlier losses at 0 LP." I think I had 3 before that point so that was presumably the extent of the grace period.
yeah, and as I understand it, it's not really losses

so say you're silver 1 0 lp

you lose first game so you're 0 lp
win second so you're 18 lp
then lose two more and are back at 0 lp
grace period ends (I think riot said somewhere it was 3-4 games)

if you lose again you're fucked, but if you win a game and then lose two more you're also going down to silver 2.

it kinda sucks but I guess it's fair

first time I hear about the mmr thing affecting your grace period tho. I don't think that's correct

Blizzard

Banned
I forget, did demotions before put you down at 0 LP, or at some LP in the middle of the next lower tier? It looks like it put me down to 57 LP or so, so at least it wasn't a complete 100 LP loss.

zkylon

zkylewd
I forget, did demotions before put you down at 0 LP, or at some LP in the middle of the next lower tier? It looks like it put me down to 57 LP or so, so at least it wasn't a complete 100 LP loss.

the one time I got demoted I ended up with like 77 lp and it took me one game to get back into promotions.

so yea it was never 0 lp, that'd suck

Firestorm

Is anyone else playing in the IvyLoL collegiate open? It starts tomorrow.
I'm not playing in it but I work at Battlefy which is the tournament platform it'll be running on so if you have any questions or run into any issues gimme a shout! Good luck man. It's pretty awesome to see the support Riot is putting into the Collegiate stuff.

Zynx

Pretty hyped for the OGN finals. Since I'm a big T1 fan I really don't mind if they stomp.

I think Ozone should bring out something totally unexpected in Korea for at least a game or two. Teemo or Yasuo, perhaps.

Type2

anyone here plays zed?

want to learn him since I enjoy his juking and whatnot but he's always been a mystery to me. like, I dunno if I should make another shadow or something but I can never get his ult combo blow up people, and in general I feel like I play him wrong
I am not a zed master but he is one of my most played mids. Botrk is valued higher than boots on him. Armor pen reds are better than pure ad. Once you have Botrk and brutalized you should be able to blow up squishes. The trick to ulting is getting the shadow to hit the e and q. In his current state if you don't land that dmg and use Botrk active you won't 100-0 people. You can mess up the combo with ignite and still get a kill though.
Practice on bots or work on poking the enemy down a bit.

Zynx

Mandu, the support is 4-0-6 lolz.
Baron at level 9-12, wow.

And a flawless ace...

20 minute surrender. 14k gold lead.

Zynx

Well, Ozone looks really bad because T1 is punishing every little mistake. It probably wouldn't look half as bad if they were playing any other team, where the same misplay might not be capitalized on as perfectly.

But I guess the saying that the T1/Bullets semis were the true finals does hold some merit now.

That's got to be pretty demoralizing. Time to see what Ozone's really made of, though honestly I expect them to just crumble after that; I still don't have huge faith in them as being an actual Championship-caliber team, as opposed to a line-up that just sneaks through to Finals via beneficial patch rotations ala Azubu Frost.

Zynx

Yasuo picked by Ozone! But in the first rotation for purple side, so SKT can entirely arrange their composition for this.

Karthus for Faker! Time for me to learn how to play.

Oh hey, speaking of Azubu Frost flashbacks, it's an AD melee carry that shouldn't currently be enabled on tournament realm! (Yeah, I know, they haven't pushed the Korean language patch yet. They'd better not win off it, though.)

Edit: Oh well, it shouldn't matter. They've got an Ezreal.

Zynx

Mandu is really saving Piglet's skin this game.

Yasuo hitting a lot of charged Q's this game. I think it was the right choice.

That's what I don't like about Yasuo - the presence YOUR minions make him stronger, which is really counterintuitive.

Wow, Faker did so much defile damage in that fight by the dragon pit.

Damn, that turret shot juggling by SKT soooooo perfect.

Zynx

Well, things were to hell really quickly. Mandu's Alistar has been on point keeping Looper's Zac out. And dade isn't really doing that much in teamfights with Yasuo...was much better during laning.

Piglet already has his guardian angel.

Mandu better get MVP again- he saved Piglet so many times, and his pulverizes during the teamfights...

LOL, coach kkoma still talking so intensely to the team.

That game. Nobody killed faker until way too late. Mandu made great plays.

Impact just rekt.

I think half the problem with KT Bullets and Ozone is that neither has had an amazing top laner. Usually you'd try shut down Faker and then dive Piglet in the teamfights, but if your top laner is getting destroyed too you're just screwed.

That game. Nobody killed faker until way too late. Mandu made great plays.

Impact just rekt.

I think half the problem with KT Bullets and Ozone is that neither has had an amazing top laner. Usually you'd try shut down Faker and then dive Piglet in the teamfights, but if your top laner is getting destroyed too you're just screwed.

They didn't really have a good option to focus Faker. Zac and Yasuo have to jump right on top of him to do any meaningful burst, and Ezreal bursts like... well, whatever those noodlely little squiggles are he shoots at people. Their only realistic option for bursting him - because throwing their entire team directly on top of him was not a viable option once he got his RoA stacking - was a long-range Cocoon catch followed up by Leona

They focused their composition far too much on trying to be a "Yasuo Support Team" and ended up with a team full of human projectiles versus a Karthus. (Aside from the Ezreal, who obviously did not fit in this composition and is probably only being played because most ADC players tend to fall back on him when they're heavily on tilt.)

Zynx

^
Yeah, that's why I didn't like the early Yasuo pick. Reveals your goal too early and lets the other team set up a comprehensive counter.

You pretty much need to be able to win every lane to get ahead against SKT. There's been many examples even this season where each of Impact, Piglet, and Faker carried. Bengi's very unselfish style rarely allows him to really deal a lot of damage late game, but he's key to their success too, not to mention Mandu.

I wonder if Faker will play Yasuo next game. It'll really cement the "whatever you do, we'll do better" theme that T1 has been running this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom