• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying out Riven for my first time in 3s and getting my ass kicked. My build is good so it must just be me. Though I've gone positive in my last two games (both losses), I've died like 8-10 times too :/

Blizzard

Banned
You see me play every support except Cow. I'll never do cow. I'll do LB support before Cow. I'll Elise support before Cow. No Cow. Ever.
What don't you like, that he isn't a pretty lady support?

I was so intent on playing properly that I didn't even spam the MESS WITH THE BULL line the entire match.

Also whenever you want to be silly go play Sona in blind pick. They wouldn't let me go mid, so I did support Sona with the AP items/masteries etc. from Subtle's Sona mid guide. The mid laner fed (Talon against Kassadin), but we won the lane with Sona + Miss Fortune and we both had the most damage to enemies on the team with lots of kills. I was only 300 damage behind her. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
2-2 on my placements so far

had a not so good game as thresh but I think I can chalk up much of that game to the cleanse hecarim and the 0 3 0 shen vs bruiser nidalee. I feel like that game was pretty aimless and could probably gone much better if either jungler or mid had been more decisive and helped us force fights better. we also were many times fighting 4v5 with shen not ulting for some reason. that shen was awful lol. I think there was no winning this one, our team was pretty random and I didn't help much (even tho I had like 70% kill participation)

second game I was ori versus the most fucking annoying ap sion. like our lee sin tries to invade red, sion gets to him before I do (and I'm dumb and self e'd to speed myself up instead of holding it for poor lee) and it's blue buff sion pushing the fuck out of my lane. and dude then goes and buys mobi boots and goes roaming every fucking where while I try to follow. their jungle jax would just stay mid and waveclear if I stayed anyways. fortunately it never really worked out for him and we ended up steamrolling them. but like the dude did like 5 full fucking roams during laning phase, I'm only fucking orianna. luckily many games of playing against sion have taught me to always run ms quints and rush boots against him so lane was super easy and I could usually follow pretty ok.

I'm being matched with mostly golds and plats with the occasional silver so I'm guessing my mmr is pretty intact so far

hope I don't drop much

Ferga

well I just played with a hec that ran cleanse instead of ghost because he mixed the icons up

ok

I had a hecarim tell me flash was better than ghost yesterday. He missed so many kills because he couldn't catch upto anyone to spam Q.

I feel like every gold player that was plat last season is brain dead. They all think their top shit and refuse to group until its too late (when i say this, i mean at the 30-40minute mark). Every single one split pushes even though I get such a big lead by pushing down all 3 outer turrets and the first dragon.

I'm just amazed at the arrogance of these players

Boken

Banned
I had a hecarim tell me flash was better than ghost yesterday. He missed so many kills because he couldn't catch upto anyone to spam Q.

I feel like every gold player that was plat last season is brain dead. They all think their top shit and refuse to group until its too late (when i say this, i mean at the 30-40minute mark). Every single one split pushes even though I get such a big lead by pushing down all 3 outer turrets and the first dragon.

I'm just amazed at the arrogance of these players
Sydney is pretty boring compared to jp/korea

Been trying out Riven for my first time in 3s and getting my ass kicked. My build is good so it must just be me. Though I've gone positive in my last two games (both losses), I've died like 8-10 times too :/

I'm cursed, everytime I try to play Riven in 3's in order to practice, there is always another more experienced Riven on the other team. Every damn time ;(

Ferga

Sydney is pretty boring compared to jp/korea

yup. the weather too man.

I remember when i went to jp/korea at December, got use to the -10 degree weather and came back to 30 degree heat, I felt like I couldn't breathe

I miss bento box snacks too. I can make them myself but man, they just aren't the same.

Jenga

Banned
im tired of seeing the same sets of champs

adc: jinx, lucien, cait

top: shyv, mundo, nasus

jungle: shyv/vi/elise

sup: nothing but leona and threshes

ranked is just an exercise in repetition atm

at least mid is kinda varied (outside of ziggs)

im tired of seeing the same sets of champs

adc: jinx, lucien, cait

top: shyv, mundo, nasus

jungle: shyv/vi/elise

sup: nothing but leona and threshes

ranked is just an exercise in repetition atm

at least mid is kinda varied (outside of ziggs)
It's always been like this to be honest. Side lanes and jungle will always be FOTM fiesta.

Mid is only varied because it's the best designed lane in the game, but all it takes is one assassin to be OP to fuck everything.

Are ranked matches more enjoyable or less enjoyable than normal draft? On one hand, everyone should be matched with similar players. On the other hand, I'd imagine the demotion/promotion stuff could get stressful.
It depends on how high your normal MMR is. Back in season 3 the quality of my games in normal draft was much higher than ranked (Gold I after placements), so I had little to no reason to bother with the latter. Meaningless lolking number doesn't count.

You see me play every support except Cow. I'll never do cow. I'll do LB support before Cow. I'll Elise support before Cow. No Cow. Ever.
613x460x2-Alistar_BlackSkin.png

"Once you go black, nothing will hold you back!"

In all seriousness, he still works really well against Leona lanes. That's about it.

It's always been like this to be honest. Side lanes and jungle will always be FOTM fiesta.

Mid is only varied because it's the best designed lane in the game, but all it takes is one assassin to be OP to fuck everything.
It also doesn't help that most competitive teams foolishy believe that playing whatever everyone else is playing will get them very far in tournaments. It's not even as if there are only a handful of 'viable' champions either, unless they're more concerned about their job security (given how LCS is structured) based on how predictable their picks usually are. Boring matches all-around, often with questionable itemization too.

Ferga

jungle has a limited choice because the fotm are the only things that will work well due to changes in jungle items and monsters. You can always go something unconventional and do well, but you will only do well in that single game.

It's about consistency.

I'm slowly starting to lay off Udyr because it's incredibly difficult to outscale and be more useful than the more popular choices right now.

And jungles picks are; Vi/Elise/Lee/Kha zix

Who goes shyvana jungle anymore. She's only banned for top lane.

And adc/support fotm will always be there. Anything that shows a bit too much strength over all others will immediately be nerfed. It's been happening since season 2. Bot lane is pretty lame in that regard. It's like riot just wants 2-3 ADCs and supports available for competitive play so they don't have to worry about balancing the plethora of champs that are available for bot lane.

The waifu thing is working!!

Almost surrendered because Khaz completely dumped on Yasuo to go 9/1 early on. I don't know what happened to Jinx early on but she was 3 levels behind even though she wasn't doing so bad. Teleganks with Yi and Leona got us a win. I forgot how awesome Teleport can be. I think every TP I did ended with a kill or at least prevented a nasty gank.

garath

I've been having great success with Pantheon jungle too. I've only lost 2 or 3 games in the last 10 I've played. I won't hesitate to pull him out in ranked.

Add him to the vi/elise/khazix jungle meta. Lol.

Fortunately I played all of those champs religiously last season. I should really play my placements now while my champs are the fotm.

Type2

I'm going to work on a write up discussing the problems with the current trinket system and suggesting some solutions to fix all three. Also the bottom turret changes really need more attention. After the end of season three with the inhib changes that's been the only lane worth having the inhibitor down and now it's even easier.

As far as the jungle meta goes I'm also finding it a bit stale. I keep trying new things in testing but they don't work too well.
Itemization is where the game is it's weakest.

idk, this is the most opressive the jungle meta has ever felt to me.
Considering we still see some odd picks here and there, it's still not as bad as say, late season 2 jungle meta.

Still, we went from like 3 jungle picks to 5-ish. Not much of a difference in the end.

Ashhong

Destroyed silver 1 straight to promos, proceeded to lose 5 in a row and now I'm down to 18 LP. God damn I hate this game sometimes. Had a jinx with 0-7-13 masteries, including that shield mastery. And no it wasn't an accident.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Considering we still see some odd picks here and there, it's still not as bad as say, late season 2 jungle meta.

Still, we went from like 3 jungle picks to 5-ish. Not much of a difference in the end.
I don't think there's ever been only three jungle picks. Like, in the past there were bigger issues with popular champs being overly prevalent, but right now it feels more like unconventional picks are kind of just incapable compared to their counterparts that scale. Before it was about gold efficiency, but now it's about gold scaling, and that cuts off way more junglers because they were often designed without scaling in mind.

garath

Jungle Leona is a thing, and it's good. Also @above, what's a build path for jungle Panth?

I rush elder lizard then I start working on hydra. Alternatively you can build a brutalizer into cleaver if you think you will be ganking hard and fast. I prefer hydra for the extra active burst and clear speeds. Pantheon is a bit slow. After that I either go last whisper if I'm ahead and snowballing or start working on something with health - randuins, visage, even warmogs. Use the ult to turn fights or initiate. I'm usually aiming for 6 items by 30-35 min.

Elder lizard, hydra, Last whisper, randuins, Mr item (visage, banshees), ga or cleaver.

Then if the game goes really long, sell the elder lizard when you can get a complete item for it. I like warmogs for that, especially IG you have visage.

Jenga

Banned
Jungle Leona is a thing, and it's good. Also @above, what's a build path for jungle Panth?

personally i always either go for hydra or brut on how im doing

if im doing good, save for tiamat (almost always worth it), if bad brut

i also always run him with 2x d. blades in addition to the spirit stone, he just needs the extra hp + ad to function well to mid game. personally i don't consider brut core at all
same situation with elder lizard or golem, elder lizard if you're snowballing, golem if you're only doing alright and need hp (because people catch on pretty quick you're worth killing)

dunno what garath gets, but mob boots work very effectively too

Subtle

What don't you like, that he isn't a pretty lady support?

I was so intent on playing properly that I didn't even spam the MESS WITH THE BULL line the entire match.

Also whenever you want to be silly go play Sona in blind pick. They wouldn't let me go mid, so I did support Sona with the AP items/masteries etc. from Subtle's Sona mid guide. The mid laner fed (Talon against Kassadin), but we won the lane with Sona + Miss Fortune and we both had the most damage to enemies on the team with lots of kills. I was only 300 damage behind her. :D

I'm proud of you <3

As far as the jungle meta goes I'm also finding it a bit stale. I keep trying new things in testing but they don't work too well.
Itemization is where the game is it's weakest.
Yeah, the game struggled with itemization back in Season 2 already and while Riot has improved it with varying degrees of success, there still isn't enough overall variety to speak of to cover certain strategic niches that are currently lacking. That's excluding other problems (specific to pre-season 4) such as them ignoring the state of Madreds / Wriggles, and instead continuing to finetune the Spirit Stone line even though these items (for the most part) weren't in a truly bad spot in the first place. Outside of Ancient Golem still being the safest of the three, I mean.

bgbball31

I don't even know what to do anymore. Just lost my second 4v5 in three days where my team had 5.

Had a guy, last pick, say he would fill, and then proceeds to go, "Well, I don't ADC, so I guess I'll just play Thresh." We actually get out of lane alright, and their Lucian at this point isn't even ahead, let alone fed. We haven't killed him much (instead taking down his support a few times), but he does have more farm than Thresh, especially when considering Taric's Targon farm. The game goes on, our Kayle is fed, and then my team just throws fight after fight. Their Yasuo leaves, and we end up grabbing a Baron, so we think we are pretty set. Unfortunately, not a single person gets onto Lucian in our fights, and he proceeds to get kill... after kill... after kill. We get 5-0 aced 45 minutes into the game, and that's that.

I don't know what I could have done differently that game other than land a better tibbers stun in team fights. I realize that is important, and may have cost us the game, but I had a good laning phase, got my ADC 2-3 kills, took there tower down and I was 2/0/2. roamed, kept my wards up on drag/baron, kept timers, and then we just throw it.

Sorry, I know most of my posts here are stories about games I play, but I need to vent somewhere. A place where people can just skip the posts if they don't want to read it seems to be the place.

Subtle

I don't even know what to do anymore. Just lost my second 4v5 in three days where my team had 5.

Had a guy, last pick, say he would fill, and then proceeds to go, "Well, I don't ADC, so I guess I'll just play Thresh." We actually get out of lane alright, and their Lucian at this point isn't even ahead, let alone fed. We haven't killed him much (instead taking down his support a few times), but he does have more farm than Thresh, especially when considering Taric's Targon farm. The game goes on, our Kayle is fed, and then my team just throws fight after fight. Their Yasuo leaves, and we end up grabbing a Baron, so we think we are pretty set. Unfortunately, not a single person gets onto Lucian in our fights, and he proceeds to get kill... after kill... after kill. We get 5-0 aced 45 minutes into the game, and that's that.

I don't know what I could have done differently that game other than land a better tibbers stun in team fights. I realize that is important, and may have cost us the game, but I had a good laning phase, got my ADC 2-3 kills, took there tower down and I was 2/0/2. roamed, kept my wards up on drag/baron, kept timers, and then we just throw it.

Sorry, I know most of my posts here are stories about games I play, but I need to vent somewhere. A place where people can just skip the posts if they don't want to read it seems to be the place.

What else is this thread useful for if not whining?

Edwardo

If there is something to learn from this thread, it's that no matter how bad your games are going.. someone else is experiencing something much worse.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought Varus a while back, maybe the last time I had enough IP, since I liked him in ARAM so much. I tried him in some SR games and weirdly I like him there too.

I've just been going doran's blade, brutalizer, vamp stick, last whisper, shootfast shoes, bloodthirster, maybe furor enchantment, black cleaver, and defense item. The sixth item could probably be attack speed or infinity edge.

Someone told me to go hurricane but I feel like in most cases, you will not get a chance to sit there with your short attack range and chain combos on the team, and instead someone is going to dive you. If you had a J4 or Galio maybe.

Maybe hurricane is still good though. If so I'm not sure where in the build order it would go.

Someone told me to go hurricane but I feel like in most cases, you will not get a chance to sit there with your short attack range and chain combos on the team, and instead someone is going to dive you. If you had a J4 or Galio maybe.

Picked up a quadra 1v4 on him with Hurricane. It's definitely legit, especially once you get an assist/kill off the bat and your AS just spikes.

Don't buy Hurricane on anyone ever.

Nev

Banned
An Urgot/Soraka lane in this LCS game that's gonna start soon.

Gonna be interesting.

Which team did this? From now on they're my favorite. I'm getting real sick of these 15 champion-pool matches, seems like they're playing a damn beta. It's beyond boring to see Shyvana, Mundo, Jinx, Thresh, Leona, Ziggs, Yasuo, Lucian, Zed and Gragas in every fucking match. Is this what this game's come to? Because the situation is pretty laughable considering there are more than 120 champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
I bought Varus a while back, maybe the last time I had enough IP, since I liked him in ARAM so much. I tried him in some SR games and weirdly I like him there too.

I've just been going doran's blade, brutalizer, vamp stick, last whisper, shootfast shoes, bloodthirster, maybe furor enchantment, black cleaver, and defense item. The sixth item could probably be attack speed or infinity edge.

Maybe hurricane is still good though. If so I'm not sure where in the build order it would go.
huh

why would you rush last whisper with an adc?

doesnt varus have one of the longer attack ranges for ADCs

Moodmon

Neo Member
Good news guys. For the benefit of everyone here, I tried Anivia support.

Nope.

The Q doesn't do much damage, but the projectile is easy to avoid and the stun doesn't last long enough. I thought it would work, passive means you can go in and that the wall/stun would be enough to secure kills.

I could easily be rubbish, and have a terrible ADC who as expected went all "Aniviva support? OMGWTFBBQ" on me, mind.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Just had a game. Our bot was Urgot/Soraka. I was expecting many, many bad things.

That went...rather well. On reflection, I have no idea what the hell the enemy team was building. Really happy with actually checking the mini-map. Saw Udyr around our blue, too far anything about it. So I take his. Seems really basic, but I'm still learning this stuff.

Kept going top to gank for Teemo, as I happened to be there when Shyvana was overextended/ult was up. Bot lane looked after themselves, did a few dives at enemy tower to help. Just very happy with how things went.

Given the amount of times I have messed up in previous games, and the times when we all moan about toxic players, I thought we could do with a little positivity.

I await moaning about my build and/or something else.

bgbball31

Can someone do me a favor and break down where I am right and where I am wrong in this conversation? I'm Breezly (and yeah, I have a lot of extra letters in my words, I'm a terrible typist to being with, and when combined with a mechanical keyboard makes it rough.)

Set up: this conversation happened after a game where Ez (Best Control NA) got mad at me because he didn't think I was doing my job properly. At 12 minutes he left lane and headed mid because I was still in bot lane with him, then AFK'd for a few minutes later in the game. By the end, he just stood in a lane by himself and the other 4 of us need to win ourselves, which we eventually did.

Also note, first where he said I don't know what I'm doing because I am Bronze, obviously he is too, but it looks like he was high silver/low gold last season according to LOLKing. But, he has played almost 90 games this season already, and is still Bronze. Take that for what it's worth. And second, I only died 3 times the whole game finishing 1/3/17, so not sure where he got that I fed.

Breezly: Also, Ez, I'm 8-3 on Annie. I think I know what I'm doing.
Best Control NA: You are bronze. You don't.
Best Control NA: No offense, ofcourse.
Breezly: I was Silver last year. Not great, but not amazing.
Stunnns: Annie did more damage than you...
Breezly: But yeah, my game knowledge is a lot higher than my mechanical skill.
Breezly: That's why I'm here, and I know it.
Best Control NA: You fed, and you never engaged until we were pushed, which is the opposite of what you want.
Breezly: I harassed.
Best Control NA: It was... infuriating.
Breezly: Which is what I do want.
Best Control NA: You know you can use skills to harass. instead of your 30 damage auto attack
Best Control NA: that got you killed twice.
Best Control NA: Im just saying.
Breezly: I'm not going to engage unless we have an opening.
Breezly: Both times I did, there was one.
Breezly: You wanted to kill Twitch, I wasn't going to walk into his face to do it.
Best Control NA: You create one. Its twitch, the squisiest adc in the game. They cant outtrade us.
Breezly: The first time I died I got hooked.
Best Control NA: you got hooked alot.
Best Control NA: thats a whole nother thing
Breezly: The second time, you didn't follow up.
Best Control NA: I let you die.
Breezly: And I got hooked twice that whole game.
Best Control NA: I was mad.
Breezly: Good try though.
Breezly: And getting mad is a great way to lose a game.
Breezly: It is called going on tilt.
Best Control NA: If you lose it s on tilt.
Best Control NA: But i seem to thrive in it.
Breezly: And a good thing everyone else played well, because you were worthless that game
Best Control NA: Good, make some bronzies feel good carrying someone.
Breezly: You were never with us in fights, we essentially needed to win 4v5 because you got mad that you didn't get mid.
Best Control NA: Intentionally.
Best Control NA: Thats the point.
Breezly: When Grag probably outprefored what you could have done./
Best Control NA: And no, i was not even close to mad about mid
Best Control NA: infact, i was happy he was mid, as he was 100% WR with gragas
Best Control NA: over 7 games
Best Control NA: i was mad, cause you werent good.
Best Control NA: honestly
Best Control NA: You seemed to do rather well in teamfights
Breezly: You use winrate as an indicator of skill, yet mine doesn't matter.
Best Control NA: however, your lane annie is... the worst i have seen.
Best Control NA: Truly Attrocious.
Breezly: Trust me, I've seen worse.
Best Control NA: I wish you well personally though. Just, you probably need to work on how to play support, if your intention is to main it.
Breezly: I admit that I'm not perfect. Like I said, my mechanics aren't great.
Breezly: And I have mained support for a while./
Breezly: My job is to harass, set things up in lane, and peel.
Breezly: Or, in annie's case, initiate with tibbers thhen charge another stun/.
Best Control NA: sigh, first of all you never CHARGE your stun in lane, you leave it at 4.
Best Control NA: You Q, then hit E before it lands
Best Control NA: its a surpise stun
Best Control NA: secondly, you know nothing
Best Control NA: your a bronze
Best Control NA: go read something
Best Control NA: sigh
Breezly: Eh, he's reported anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom