• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbball31

Just tried out the AD Renekton build. Went against a Garen and did really well against him farm wise (ended with the most farm in the game with 148, he ended with 88.), but died to him once in lane, two more times when I got ganked (though I took one with me each time), and once when my jungler came up for a gank, and then just walked away when Garen face checked a bush he was in (yay blind norms.) Those were the only times in the game I died, so no great, but not terrible. I ended up split pushing effectively taking down two towers while my team grouped mid and took down an inhib.

I liked it, but with my team stomping them because Our Jinx went 10/2, I didn't really get to feel the full effect of it. I did less damage than our support Thresh when all was said and done because I was only a part of one teamfight, only got the one gank that I talked about earlier, and they surrendered. Pretty much all of my damage was harassment in lane.

garath

Can confirm. Never type anything negative, mute at first hint of negativity, never argue back to negativity. Play and feel better in your personal bubble of calm.

Pretty much. Life has been better since I started ignoring the toxic people. I play a much better game when I'm not listening to constant whining, bitching and harassment.

I'm pretty sure their pings still come through so you can play the game as a team regardless.

Teammates get one or two chances before hitting ignore, opposing team gets no chances. One hint of harassment and they're ignored. No need for that.

bgbball31

Get Vayne fed 6/0/1.

Our mid Vlad and jungle Udyr feeds mid trist. Our top Panth gets ganked a bunch and ends up feeding Cho. Even Vayne can't do much against an 8/0 Cho who stacked a Randuins and Frozen Heart.

0/2 in promos to Silver. Wonder if I should just relax with norms/aram for a bit

I disagree about all chat. It can be entertaining. But I need to start ignoring people sooner.

Spammed games this weekend. Got a lot of orianna in and had some solid games. The only really bad one was a good Zed who just got ahead and could tower dive me.

Also had one great game and one terrible game on shyvana. The good one was against a wukong who had a really bad game. I got banked, hit r, w and was just running when I heard "you have slain an enemy". Took me a second to realize he must have walked through my entire burnout. The bad one was a really solid renekton who bullied me hard.

Fun weekend.

Newt

Get Vayne fed 6/0/1.

Our mid Vlad and jungle Udyr feeds mid trist. Our top Panth gets ganked a bunch and ends up feeding Cho. Even Vayne can't do much against an 8/0 Cho who stacked a Randuins and Frozen Heart.

0/2 in promos to Silver. Wonder if I should just relax with norms/aram for a bit
I would keep going after one loss. It depends if you're on tilt or not.

Would sivir mid work? seems like she could hold her own there.

Ezreal, Cait and (in some cases) Quinn are probably the best ADCs who can mid.
Tristana too since she's so safe. Not talking about AP gimmicks; scales really well with items and levels, hard champion to gank and she has built-in pushing with her E. So if you're banking on late game against a safe lane she should be one of the go-to ADC's for mid.

because a lot of champions shit on him in lane and he's useless in teamfights

if you can manage to get a favorable lane matchup and just get objectives off people being chunked by your shrooms you're on your way to victory

also to me he's really boring but idk
Teemo kind of needs to be treated like Nidalee though. Her early laning phase is pretty bad too against most mids and everyone knows you don't pick her to win the lane, so her whole gameplan revolves around making the most out of her best strength (the spears) after making it past that point. Wouldn't be too hard to 'build around' Teemo either if a team felt so inclined to use him seriously, but I'm not seeing it happen any time soon with pro teams' affinity for sticking with the same dozen champions that everyone else plays. Not a lot of the currently popular one emphasize zone control / sieging.

Been trying out AD Renekton after reading through this.

A whole different dimension from that boring snooze fest that's the tank meta.
"Sunfire Cape (& Xin Zhao/Jax): In terms of complaints over Renekton's scaling, I see this item as the root of all evil. Sunfire Cape offers a whopping dish of defensive stats while having a passive burn effect, yet it does not actually help Renekton scale into the late game. In order to understand why, let's look at strong late game top laners."

Holy shit, kindred spirit. Root of all evil? There's some hope left in the solo queue crowd after all.

Such an awful time to play Ashe. You get a Randuin. He gets a Randuin. Everyone gets a Randuin!
amvOdoq.png

My CS is absolute trash. No idea how the stats showed I did more champion damage than Vayne who got fed so early. In teamfights I could barely see dents on their health. Managed to win because Khaz was pretty good and caught Vayne waaaay out of position.

Newt

Such an awful time to play Ashe. You get a Randuin. He gets a Randuin. Everyone gets a Randuin!

No idea how the stats showed I did more champion damage than Vayne who got fed so early. In teamfights I could barely see dents on their health. Managed to win because Khaz was pretty good and caught Vayne waaaay out of position.
I wouldn't really say it's an awful time to play Ashe because of her lack of tank killing abilities (Sivir has that problem too) but I would agree with you.

garath

Been trying out AD Renekton after reading through this.

A whole different dimension from that boring snooze fest that's the tank meta.

Oh my god. I just saw this. I ran into a guy that built like this. I had no idea. I'm so used to tank renektons that I didn't even check his build (my mistake, I know). That game I largely left Tryndamere vs renekton outside of an early gank to help Trynd snowball but later Renekton started coming back. I was hugely fed as Pantheon in my own jungle when I ran into Renekton. We were both level 17 but I figured I had the advantage since I had giants belt, Hydra, Last whisper and my Elder lizard. I got utterly smoked. I lost like half my health in seconds. I also chunked him but he has a nice offensive ult compared my my useless dueling ult. It took a second to realize what was happening and I tried to bail. Didn't happen. It was one of those "oh god, why is he doing so much damage????" moments. If he built tank, I'm certain I would have won that trade.

He had ghostblade, BT, and last whisper.

So painful. We ended up losing the game. If I ever played Renekton, I'd build damage. That looked scary and strong.

bgbball31

Ended up playing my third promo game. Forced a back from their Thresh/Twitch at level 2. By the time they came back to lane, Twitch still had more farm than the Jinx I was supporting.

Their mid Ori went 9/0, their jungle Kha camped top lane so even though their Singed was 1/7, a lot of those times Kha answered with a cleanup kill. I got hooked after Thresh's first back and gave a kill to twitch, and they took that + the CS advantage to destroy our lane. We grabbed a few dragons, but the gold didn't help enough and by the end a 14/7 Twich combined with a really strong Ori/Kha was too much.

0-3 in promo to silver. QQ.

Leezard

I'm doing my work to keep the picks diverse. Took J4 top lane since it was the only thing I had experience at playing against rumble. Luckily that gives me good synergy with Yasuo.

I did not get the luxury of skipping Diamond 4 this time, but at least my series was successful thanks to the Jarvan game.

Mothman91

So how's it working out for ya? Mad deeps?

I've always wanted to try it. His empowered w scales HARD.
Yup, I've seen my empowered W scale up to 900ish dmg.
Oh my god. I just saw this. I ran into a guy that built like this. I had no idea. I'm so used to tank renektons that I didn't even check his build (my mistake, I know). That game I largely left Tryndamere vs renekton outside of an early gank to help Trynd snowball but later Renekton started coming back. I was hugely fed as Pantheon in my own jungle when I ran into Renekton. We were both level 17 but I figured I had the advantage since I had giants belt, Hydra, Last whisper and my Elder lizard. I got utterly smoked. I lost like half my health in seconds. I also chunked him but he has a nice offensive ult compared my my useless dueling ult. It took a second to realize what was happening and I tried to bail. Didn't happen. It was one of those "oh god, why is he doing so much damage????" moments. If he built tank, I'm certain I would have won that trade.

He had ghostblade, BT, and last whisper.

So painful. We ended up losing the game. If I ever played Renekton, I'd build damage. That looked scary and strong.
Yeah, that's the core.

Get really fed as Skarner. Built tanky deeps. Tanking 3 enemies, no problem. I was really wearing all of them down with Sunfire, Gauntlet and Wits End. Ally Zed just watched, wtf man, help me! Could've outright won that 2v3 but no Zed joined in too late. I'm starting to get my game back. I think I'll be ready for placements soon.

Sidenote: Sunfire + Spirit item is fantastic. I stop seeing any mana drain once I had those two.

Get really fed as Skarner. Built tanky deeps. Tanking 3 enemies, no problem. I was really wearing all of them down with Sunfire, Gauntlet and Wits End. Ally Zed just watched, wtf man, help me! Could've outright won that 2v3 but no Zed joined in too late. I'm starting to get my game back. I think I'll be ready for placements soon.

Sidenote: Sunfire + Spirit item is fantastic. I stop seeing any mana drain once I had those two.
sunfirecapeehk7k.png

What are people's thoughts on have 3 points in 'Executioner' (increases damage to champs under 50% HP by 5% [2 points is 5% below 35% HP]) compared to 1 point in Havoc (increase damage by a flat 3%)

?

Edwardo

Yeah, just swapped the minion damage ones out (AP page). Nothing to see here lol.

I have 2 ad masteries. One for regular ad and another for crit. My crit one has points in Frenzy and Double-Edged Sword, and the other one has points in Butcher and Feast.

Dunno if that's the best way to do it, but it felt right when I made them. This was right after the new masteries got released tho.

I have some other ad pages too, but those are champ specific.

Has anyone ever been on such a losing streak that they want to never, ever play this stupid game again? Yeah.

Fairly often. Maybe once a month, or more. And I don't play more than a few games a day. Two on a work night. Most recently, my S4 ranked placements.
6 losses in a row.
It's not fun.

Kacar

Want to make a push for plat/diamond again this season. But it appears my PC is really on its last legs. I used to easily maintain 50+ FPS now I'm generally around 20 even at the lowest settings.

Looks like my ranked days might be over. I'm too much of a liability in ranked games especially in teamfights.

Nev

Banned
Want to make a push for plat/diamond again this season. But it appears my PC is really on its last legs. I used to easily maintain 50+ FPS now I'm generally around 20 even at the lowest settings.

Don't you think that's not normal? Have you tried formatting?

zkylon

zkylewd
Teemo kind of needs to be treated like Nidalee though. Her early laning phase is pretty bad too against most mids and everyone knows you don't pick her to win the lane, so her whole gameplan revolves around making the most out of her best strength (the spears) after making it past that point. Wouldn't be too hard to 'build around' Teemo either if a team felt so inclined to use him seriously, but I'm not seeing it happen any time soon with pro teams' affinity for sticking with the same dozen champions that everyone else plays. Not a lot of the currently popular one emphasize zone control / sieging.
I'm still surprised riot hasn't nerfed teemo

Type2

I'm not really that good with computers. I have all the graphics set on very low.
Do you know how to find your computers specs?
Right click computer >properties>system specs.

Next update your graphics drivers by going to either amd or nvidias site and searching for the right drivers.

Edwardo

Riot has stated that 27 million people play League of Legends daily, 7.5 million simultaneously. In October 2012 there were 12 million people playing LoL per day.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/27/player-tally-for-league-of-legends-surges/

Amazing numbers.

Looks like my ranked days might be over. I'm too much of a liability in ranked games especially in teamfights.

Next update your graphics drivers by going to either amd or nvidias site and searching for the right drivers.

Yes, definitely update your drivers. I went a year without updating my drivers, then I did and my laptop went from 60fps to ~120-150fps.

Kacar

Yes, definitely update your drivers. I went a year without updating my drivers, then I did and my laptop went from 60fps to ~120-150fps.

Thanks. I'll definitely check it out once I get home tonight.

Leezard

Blizzard

Banned
Ranked. Pantheon Jungle. 22 kills, 2 quadras, 2 Baron steals. Our Renek focus a full tank Malphite, our Blitzcrank grabed 1 time in 60 min. DEFEAT.

Thanks Riot.
You're probably way higher ranking and skill level than me, but just a reminder of the general principle -- objectives in general are really important to focus, not just kills.

This has happened in at least one LCS game I was watching as well. A team might be ahead in kills, but whenever they would get kills or win teamfights, they wouldn't really be in a position to do anything with it besides get more gold. When the other team would win any fights, they would be ready to take a tower or something like that. Winning fights helps morale, but it's also important to use an early advantage and try to keep pressuring all lanes to get towers as soon as possible. Otherwise people can catch up (especially if a game drags out to 60 minutes) and that early advantage becomes meaningless.

Leezard

And we won despite all odds.

Lee Sin completely refused to communicate at all times and did 60% bad stuff and 40% good stuff. The enemies got 2 nashors thanks to Lee sin, but then he stole the third from them.

So intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom