• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the requirement for Lunar Revel icons in NA? Garena is making them piss easy to get.
lunar-revel-2014-icons-618xN.jpg

Damn you guys forgot to tell me I could play with all the skins and champs in the game by way of the PBE.

I like all of these Lunar skins.

Riven really needed a good looking skin. Most of them are pretty uninspired, to be quite frank. You can tell they were designed long ago. Battlebunny was just the best of a group of bad common options (and the other 2 really, really suck) and I never liked Championship Riven because of that bigass II on her back and E. This one is clearly an improvement over all of them in every visual way, though being such a heavy theme may affect its overall appeal.

Trynd's skin follows suit. Extremely well polished, visually. It doesn't have any new sounds or effects that I could see other than the recall animation; it just looks really well put together. looked better to me than on the video currently in the main client. Perhaps because my monitor's resolution is higher than the video (720p tops). Probably the best most stylish and distinctive of the available Trynd skins. Nice colors, nice visual balance, epic weapon. As with the Riven skin, this one being so heavily themed may detract from its overall popularity. I don't really associate Tryndamere with Southeast Asian culture, so there's this weird conflict going on in my head. Most skins in this game are random as hell like this, but it's always kinda awkward to me.

Diana's skin is interesting to me. It's really quite pretty. Colors are quite dramatic. I'm not sure if all the flower petals are for me, but they look nice. I don't really like the flower that appears every time your passive triggers. But oh well.

Nah.

Trundle top is being picked strictly as counter to the meta, not a new meta itself. He was some really terrible match-ups top that can't be abused because no one in their right mind should first pick trundle (top or jungle).

As far as Warwick goes, it's a combination of Darien being amazing and the kit offering more late game than current meta tops. He also has really bad match-ups top lane.

This is true. Warwick mostly works because Shyvana and Mundo do such low burst damage that he's able to sustain indefinitely. The thing people tend to forget about him is that he's not a Lifesteal champion. The actual mechanic behind his passive works regardless of the amount of damage done (meaning it sustains just as well on tanks as it does on squishies, unlike Lifesteal) and the lifesteal on his Q is technically Spell Vamp. As such, he can actually sustain off physical damage tanks very well.

You jump on him with something that has actual burst, though - like a Tryndamere, Riven, or even a Trundle - and he folds on the spot. Because the amount of health he steals doesn't scale with damage particularly well the way Lifesteal does, he doesn't actually handle carry-type tops well at all.

Trundle's a little bit less of a dire situation since he actually does have inherent tankiness and the ability to rush a BotRK, but he's still more vulnerable to all-in bursting champions than most top laners. I'd actually be worried that picking him early would almost be an invitation for someone to play one of the AP top laners that have otherwise fallen out of the meta.

Blizzard

Banned
Did Riot patch out the Rengar triple Q thing? I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or not but thought it was getting changed. I just saw a Rengar who was presumably just high level and snowballing, but he was doing huge early game bursts in what appeared to only be 1-2 attacks, possibly double or triple Q combined from stealth and/or bushes.

Did Riot patch out the Rengar triple Q thing? I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or not but thought it was getting changed. I just saw a Rengar who was presumably just high level and snowballing, but he was doing huge early game bursts in what appeared to only be 1-2 attacks, possibly double or triple Q combined from stealth and/or bushes.

Yes.

zkylon

zkylewd
His complaint was about the other team focusing on tanks (instead of adcs). Seems it is the always take out the adc mindset that he/she prefers. As opposed to take out the opposing adc if it is stronger than the team's adc/protect the team's adc if team's adc is stronger mindset.
yea I thought from his post that he was talking as a vi or something like that and wanted him to hear the other side of the story. like, peeling is so underrated in solo queue. everyone goes "I'M ZONING THEIR WHOLE TEAM WTF NO FOCUS" but they can't see they're overdiving and their own team is getting murdered.

with swain it's kind of weird, I think he's a good champion for solo queue because a lot of people don't know what to do against him but at the same time he's less straight forward for his own team and DoT isn't too appreciated these days. like, unless you're one of those monster unkillable swains I feel like you're gonna have a hard time contributing more than a regular mage

medio o me alimentan.
lol meant the error message from baronreplay :p

which btw has so far recorded all my games perfectly and loads my replays super fast (takes a couple minutes to finish up and save them after game's over). the error was related with it not being too nice when servers go down in between games but other than that it's going ok. I'll probably replace lolreplay with this for now.

Damn you guys forgot to tell me I could play with all the skins and champs in the game by way of the PBE.
if you can stand getting trolled with ad fiddlesticks every game :p

Riven really needed a good looking skin. Most of them are pretty uninspired, to be quite frank. You can tell they were designed long ago. Battlebunny was just the best of a group of bad common options (and the other 2 really, really suck) and I never liked Championship Riven because of that bigass II on her back and E. This one is clearly an improvement over all of them in every visual way, though being such a heavy theme may affect its overall appeal.
I like redeemed and championship the most. this one looks pretty beast doe

Diana's skin is interesting to me. It's really quite pretty. Colors are quite dramatic. I'm not sure if all the flower petals are for me, but they look nice. I don't really like the flower that appears every time your passive triggers. But oh well.
I'm all for the pretty flowers

I wish ori got a skin like this

drawkcaB

Trundle's a little bit less of a dire situation since he actually does have inherent tankiness and the ability to rush a BotRK, but he's still more vulnerable to all-in bursting champions than most top laners. I'd actually be worried that picking him early would almost be an invitation for someone to play one of the AP top laners that have otherwise fallen out of the meta.

This was my thought too when I wrote this down. AP manaless tops would be hell for Trundle.

What sets xPeke's backdooring apart from imitators is that he doesn't try it force it; it feels very natural and he encounters very little resistance when he backdoors you. That said, a big part of it is that he really knows how to make it a surprise even when you know you should be expecting it by now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm playing League of Legends and suddenly Bruno Mars is whispering in my ear.
"This song is dedicated to all you young white girls out there." And then the chorus breaks out and he's just repeating those words over and over again. Spotify ads. They creep me out.
I'll play nothing but Draven/Sivir if that's what it takes to make you happy Dimb.
it's not the picks it's the playstyle.

idc as much about your build mothman but if you take tp you gotta push that bot lane and actually put pressure on them.

Mothman91

idc as much about your build mothman but if you take tp you gotta push that bot lane and actually put pressure on them.

this is true, and good experience for me if I ever take teleport again. Don't think I use teleport at all honestly.

dimb

this is true, and good experience for me if I ever take teleport again. Don't think I use teleport at all honestly.
it's okay. tp is hard to use. easier with voice stuff but i was too lazy to get on.

big issue with that game was that we just needed to focus their front line down but liss/malph were going too deep in most fights, and then you guys kept trying to pick stuff when we had bad positioning/vision.

zkylon

zkylewd
"This song is dedicated to all you young white girls out there." And then the chorus breaks out and he's just repeating those words over and over again. Spotify ads. They creep me out.

just use pandora yo

Newt

Untitled.png

It was the picks man, I would have actually done damage if had gone with another champ. Ashe can't even snowball properly. She's horrid right now that the tank meta has hit. My autos just do nothing. I thought Ashe would be fun to play...but she just seems so awful.

dimb

http://s30.postimg.org/z84ah4bv5/Untitled.png
It was the picks man, I would have actually done damage if had gone with another champ. Ashe can't even snowball properly. She's horrid right now that the tank meta has hit. My autos just do nothing. I thought Ashe would be fun to play...but she just seems so awful.
i mean you did way more damage than anyone else on their team. kog numbers are semi-inflated. it would have been fine if we played it like a protect comp but liss/malph got the dive bug and wouldn't win out anyways.

Ferga

I go soraka to get a push lane going with a caitlyn pick. Caitlyn doesn't push and we get stuck at tower at full mana and hp for over 10minutes.

I exhaust the enemy sona when she accidently tanks a tower hit and we get first blood off it. He comes back to lane with a bf sword and tries to 1v2 while i ward dragon.

Tells me to "fucking protect" him more then mutes/ignores me after i tell him i wasn't even close to the fight. Proceeds to feed 7 more kills in the span of 10minutes.

Lose the game, exit after game lobby, got reported.

Nice.

Why is this season so hard to climb plat.

Subtle

I'll concede tho Ashe is pretty low tier compared to the other carries right now. I think Tristana is gonna rise to the top soon tbh. She's just so strong. I also don't know anything.

I'll concede tho Ashe is pretty low tier compared to the other carries right now. I think Tristana is gonna rise to the top soon tbh. She's just so strong. I also don't know anything.

She will, but then she'll fall right back down in a parabolic arc, like she always does.

Rosenskjold

4/10 in promos where 3 games was losses because of AFK on our team from the beginning. Dropped from bronze 1 almost 100 points to bronze 0 points. I'm gonna find something else to play

dimb

i bought the armor with my first boots. then if stuff goes bad i just build tabi but it kept going my way so i built swifties and just keep the armor. after visage i started trinity because it was a stomp at that point so why not.

Edwardo

What are you guys talking about with jayce not being good up top. I feel like he's one of the champs I can consistently carry the game with from top lane.

What are you guys talking about with jayce not being good up top. I feel like he's one of the champs I can consistently carry the game with from top lane.

He's fine in Gold or under, and fine if you have that Best Riven NA type devotion to him besides, because of his ability to successfully outplay in most situations. I actually think he'd be a good pocket champion to have since a lot of solo queue players honestly probably have no idea how to handle him.

The only place where you'd really have trouble playing Jayce is super high-level/professional play. The pro top laners all know how Jayce works and what to do against him, and the current meta there is to play champions that make Jayce a super sad panda due to their inherent tankiness and tendency to rush Sunfire.

I do think if you're a good Jayce player you can easily bait and outplay a Johnny-come-lately who only picked up Shyvana post-rework pretty easily, though. Most of them likely haven't been playing Shyvana long enough to understand the match-up and would probably be prone to making stupid mistakes like Dragon's Descending into the homerun swing. Probably a YouTube high-lite reel in the making.

Edwardo

He's fine in Gold or under, and fine if you have that Best Riven NA type devotion to him besides, because of his ability to successfully outplay in most situations. I actually think he'd be a good pocket champion to have since a lot of solo queue players honestly probably have no idea how to handle him.

The only place where you'd really have trouble playing Jayce is super high-level/professional play. The pro top laners all know how Jayce works and what to do against him, and the current meta there is to play champions that make Jayce a super sad panda due to their inherent tankiness and tendency to rush Sunfire.

I do think if you're a good Jayce player you can easily bait and outplay a Johnny-come-lately who only picked up Shyvana post-rework pretty easily, though. Most of them likely haven't been playing Shyvana long enough to understand the match-up and would probably be prone to making stupid mistakes like Dragon's Descending into the homerun swing. Probably a YouTube high-lite reel in the making.

Sweet, thanks for the insight. I've only played at a Silver and Gold 4-5 range, so what I was saying was just based on my experiences. I definitely take advantage of people picking the fotm champs like shyv and mundo. I love the matchup against Nasus, and facing Riven is usually a win but mostly a skill matchup of who can kill the other at level 2.

Jayce just can't handle the sustain-heavy top lane right now.

His auto attacks are useless for harass thanks to the new defensive masteries and Doran's shield start, so you're forced to spam EQ if you want to do any actual damage but if you do that you'll run oom in like 3 seconds thanks to the tear nerfs. By the time they back and get some resistances you'll no damage whatsoever.

dimb

Jayce just can't handle the sustain-heavy top lane right now.

His auto attacks are useless for harass thanks to the new defensive masteries and Doran's shield start, so you're forced to spam EQ if you want to do any actual damage but if you do that you'll run oom in like 3 seconds thanks to the tear nerfs. By the time they back and get some resistances you'll no damage whatsoever.
pretty much this. jayce really only flies against people who really aren't adhering to the meta or don't know what they are doing. yeah you might luck out and win sometimes but every game will just be an uphill battle.

it's not like these "fotm"ers are coming across this complex puzzle box on stuff like shyvana. press all the keys, hit stuff, farm, outlast, outpush, outscale.

but hey, play whatever you want and are able to find success on.

it's not like these "fotm"ers are coming across this complex puzzle box on stuff like shyvana. press all the keys, hit stuff, farm, outlast, outpush, outscale.

The main problem is that they're really derpy on when and how to use Dragon's Descent and when and how deep they can dive, and Jayce is pretty solid at punishing stupid dives and misuse of gap closers/escapes. Of course, Shyvana is... "forgiving", to say the least, so you're going to have to bait out some pretty big fuck-ups to get big money capitalization. Baiting her into a bad dragon jump and batting her away like a tennis ball is satisfying, but it's not likely to even take her out of lane.

Though, I do think most people playing her right now can be baited into making those capital class mistakes (at least in Gold and under), especially because they're likely to believe they have an enormous lane advantage without fully understanding why. I mean, shit, I see most Shyvs in solo queue trying to auto-farm Wraith or Golems, apparently not understanding that you need team communication and map information to do that and not get punished for it.

Pretty much the essence of "I saw someone do this in a pro game!" bone-head play.

Edwardo

So tbh I've been playing a lot of the same champs every game and it's getting old. I need some diversity in my picks and you all should give me suggestions. I have a good amount of champs, but I have ip to buy some new ones too. I'm just bored with who i've been playing and need something different in my life.

I've pretty much been using:

top - yasuo, jayce, shyv, trynd
mid- karma, orianna
jung - fiddlesticks (I dont jungle much anymore, and for some reason it's always a hit or miss with having a good game with a jungler other than fiddle)
adc - lucian, cait ( i might try to start playing varus again or maybe corki)
support - leona

I want something refreshing and new to me. Maybe the champs I use are just too simple and I need something a little more complex to learn and eventually master.

Thanks for any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom