• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You should really prioritize taking both your major buffs quickly and safely. It opens up more opportunities for early ganks and sets the timers for these valuable camps to respawn sooner rather than later.

My blue goes:
blue->wraith->red->wolf->wight->wraith

or
blue->wraith->red->golem->wraith->wolf->wight

Sometimes I go blue->wolf->red->wraith->wolf->wight, but only if my red is safe. I don't like the idea of getting my other buff stolen. Most of the time I go with path 1 or 2, depending on my health or lane to gank.

You should really prioritize taking both your major buffs quickly and safely. It opens up more opportunities for early ganks and sets the timers for these valuable camps to respawn sooner rather than later.

In that case the faster would be blue -> steal red. How dangerous would that be?

My blue goes:
blue->wraith->red->wolf->wight->wraith

or
blue->wraith->red->golem->wraith->wolf->wight

Sometimes I go blue->wolf->red->wraith->wolf->wight, but only if my red is safe. I don't like the idea of getting my other buff stolen. Most of the time I go with path 1 or 2, depending on my health or lane to gank.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that depending if I'm blue team (path 1?) or purple (path 2 I guess?)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In that case the faster would be blue -> steal red. How dangerous would that be?
Extremely? Depending on the jungler. You would probably not have smite up if you just used it. The payoff on it would be really low too.

Type2

I see some lcs teams smiting immediatly on the first buff so that the jungler can run straight to the second with smite up.
This is this season's equivilant of red>gank top. I wouldnt recommend this path in solo que though.

I usually go first buff with smite>nearest small camp>second buff with smite>check gank opportunities/take another small camp.
my rule for the big Wight camp is to avoid it unless my smite is up for the early game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
4-0 in games against humans. Why do people feed tho? Like, I thought no matter how stupid or new to MOBAs you are that's the one thing literally everybody knows, yet without fail I get someone in my lane yolo diving on towers on full hp heroes which makes getting fed on Jax real damn hard. It always eventually happens tho. Or has so far.

Boken

Banned
people feed because they gave up and are selfish people and want the game to end sooner

or because theyre angry at a team mate and so do it as payback

4-0 in games against humans. Why do people feed tho? Like, I thought no matter how stupid or new to MOBAs you are that's the one thing literally everybody knows, yet without fail I get someone in my lane yolo diving on towers on full hp heroes which makes getting fed on Jax real damn hard. It always eventually happens tho. Or has so far.

You underestimate how stupid people can be.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Maybe it was the world hunger thing then, cause this Udyr was feeding like it was his god damned mission in life.

Ed: Hey what do I do about the fact that I want to play a hero that seems to be primarily a jungler (Jarvan IV) which will mean his suggested build will be based on jungling but I, and apparently none of the low levels I play with, have a clue how to jungle? Should I just skip him for now and come back once I'm playing with people I can reasonably expect to know how to leash for me and just suffer thru 2-1-2 lanes while I'm in shit tier? I've tried playing some free rotation junglers and A. jungling is always a shit show and B. I don't know what to buy for them in the lane and I always feel gimped.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
tried trundle, he's kinda fun. bought a wardens mail as first item and it was like jax didnt even exist in lane, then i got botrk and spirit visage and took 6 turrets before my team yelled at me to group. poor jax never even got the first top tower.

Maybe it was the world hunger thing then, cause this Udyr was feeding like it was his god damned mission in life.

Ed: Hey what do I do about the fact that I want to play a hero that seems to be primarily a jungler (Jarvan IV) which will mean his suggested build will be based on jungling but I, and apparently none of the low levels I play with, have a clue how to jungle? Should I just skip him for now and come back once I'm playing with people I can reasonably expect to know how to leash for me and just suffer thru 2-1-2 lanes while I'm in shit tier? I've tried playing some free rotation junglers and A. jungling is always a shit show and B. I don't know what to buy for them in the lane and I always feel gimped.

Get junglers who aren't very reliant on that leash?

tried trundle, he's kinda fun. bought a wardens mail as first item and it was like jax didnt even exist in lane, then i got botrk and spirit visage and took 6 turrets before my team yelled at me to group. poor jax never even got the first top tower.
Sneaking in some damage on Trundle is so much fun.

Edwardo

I see some lcs teams smiting immediatly on the first buff so that the jungler can run straight to the second with smite up.
This is this season's equivilant of red>gank top. I wouldnt recommend this path in solo que though.

I did that at first when they lowered the cd on smite. I guess it would work if your teammates in solo queue gave you a good enough leash after you use it, but I feel like half the time they wouldn't even realize you used smite at the beginning.

garath

I did that at first when they lowered the cd on smite. I guess it would work if your teammates in solo queue gave you a good enough leash after you use it, but I feel like half the time they wouldn't even realize you used smite at the beginning.

Yeah, I used to do that so I could go straight to second buff and protect it but then it all settled in and junglers now look for a good leash, smite to kill, one small camp, then second buff. I rarely see the second buff stolen. I usually try to predict where the enemy jungler is going to start and start on that side of the map so they wouldn't be able to steal anyways. Even if it does happen, it's less damaging than it was season 3.

Sheesh pantheon is so easy to play. Clears are smooth at all points in the game and elder lizard alone is like infinite jungle sustain. Once you get hydra you farm like a mad man while melting carries and you have his ult too.

Def picking him up after I get some more ip.

Definitely. Real solid jungler right now.

Shining is an understatement. There's pretty much no reason to play any support other than her (except maybe Thresh).
Reminds me of Curse's "Blitzcrank is so stupid we don't see any reason -not- to play him!" statement during some Season 2 tournament. They ended up losing the set leading up to that by 1 - 4, and their lone victory was when they finally ditched Shitcrank in favor of Fiddlesticks.

Leona's good, but she's not auto-win nor does she single-handedly render every other support unviable. The ones like Soraka and Sona have it rough ever since their rebalance, but Annie, Thresh, Lulu and Karma are still more than fine both in lane and in teamfights. Never mind Alistar being able to fulfill one important role despite his current state, namely acting as an anti-Leona of sorts. Janna might be valuable too with her disengage potential, but she's always been one of the harder supports to play 'correctly' and the few that did pop up were daft enough to not put more points into the defense tree against an all-in enemy bot lane.

You can build whatever and still best Jax in a duel as Trundle.
So long as it isn't Sunfire Cape.
He's one of the biggest "you're screwed" champions you can throw at Jax. Trinity Force is also really good on Trundle as a first item rather than BoRK, given the right circumstances.

Man I wish they'd get rid of the monster dmg cap on hecarim's Q. Doesn't seem like his early jungle is that great compares to other popular jungles right now, seems like just letting his Q do full dmg to monsters would help out cause he still feels pretty squishy to me. I can do second blue with spirit stone and boots and still come out with 1/2 health. I do the same thug with Elise and lose 1/4 health and do it in a quarter of the time.

garath

Man I wish they'd get rid of the monster dmg cap on hecarim's Q. Doesn't seem like his early jungle is that great compares to other popular jungles right now, seems like just letting his Q do full dmg to monsters would help out cause he still feels pretty squishy to me. I can do second blue with spirit stone and boots and still come out with 1/2 health. I do the same thug with Elise and lose 1/4 health and do it in a quarter of the time.

I didn't even think about Hecarim but the new spirit stone should be helping him immensely. I've always had some mana problems with him but his AOE Q with a spirit stone should give him some great sustain.

I tend to agree with your thoughts on the Q damage though.

LiQuid!

Get junglers who aren't very reliant on that leash?

It's just Jarvan specifically that I was interested in not just getting a jungler in general. I wouldn't even guess how reliant on the leash he is since I'm not very familiar with lol yet. I guess I'll just skip him for now. I'll get a bunch of the cheaper heroes for now just so I have a wider roster to play with while I'm learning. Or just keep playing Jax every game. That has been working out so far.

Hecarim definitely appears to be coming back into the fold in Solo Q, starting to see him a lot more than Vi, even.

Silver scrubber here.

A little drawing I did.
BnLUAai.jpg
The legs were more confusing than what I remembered.

I didn't even think about Hecarim but the new spirit stone should be helping him immensely. I've always had some mana problems with him but his AOE Q with a spirit stone should give him some great sustain.

I tend to agree with your thoughts on the Q damage though.

It's helpful but not enough early on because his Q damage is reduced and aoe doesn't heal as much on spirit stone if I'm remembering correctly. So your main source of damage is getting double reduction.

garath

It's helpful but not enough early on because his Q damage is reduced and aoe doesn't heal as much on spirit stone if I'm remembering correctly. So your main source of damage is getting double reduction.

You get reduced healing from AOE, but you're hitting 3-4 targets for most of the camps so it's a net win. Still, with a level 1 Q, Hecarim's costs are way higher than the return. 24 mana for a 2% mana return comes out to around 3.5 mana returned per swing against the wraith camp with the reduced damage. Not great.

Achtius

Kinda weird that lunar revel diana skin is the only skin that will be permanent. All the previous lunar revel skins are not limited.

Type2

Kinda weird that lunar revel diana skin is the only skin that will be permanent. All the previous lunar revel skins are not limited.
Seems to be the trend for champs with only two skins.

Hecarim is by all means playable but pretty bad right now. Both his damage and sustain even with the jungle changes isn't that great. He required a hefty lead with items to deal with most other junglers. I would rather play rammus for the gotta go fast thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom