• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbball31

Just had someone pick Blitz into Leona/Draven (I was using Graves), and proceeded to not throw a hook out the entire laning phase until Leona or Draven had already initiated, and had absolutely no presence in lane. Felt like I was in a 2v1...

I was going to give him some tips at the end, but he left before I could :-/

zkylon

zkylewd
What are the popular income generating items?

Also do junglers still use wriggles or just spirit items now?
coin for supports 100% of the times

the shurelya active and 20% cdr on a single item plus how reliable it is as a gp10 item compared to the other two just makes it the best choice always.

most supports start doran's shield now tho, and buy coin on their first back

With all this talk of lack of variety in builds, isn't that just how things evolve to? These are the best options available so you are going to see them over and over again? I do agree with the "nerf" to AP support scaling. The amount of AP needed just to get back to S3 stats are pretty rough.

I don't play DOTA but with regards to build variety, isn't it close to the same thing? I would assume that you aren't going to see too much more variety because there is a set of items that are considered "the best".

Ferrio

Banned
coin for supports 100% of the times

the shurelya active and 20% cdr on a single item plus how reliable it is as a gp10 item compared to the other two just makes it the best choice always.

most supports start doran's shield now tho, and buy coin on their first back

Shield? That's enough substain for the laning phase?

zkylon

zkylewd
while my waifus are hungry for love the pandering continues for the ones that already have too fucking much: http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/c/bugs/RsrIaKHn-new-in-progress-skin-heartseeker-ashe

With all this talk of lack of variety in builds, isn't that just how things evolve to? These are the best options available so you are going to see them over and over again? I do agree with the "nerf" to AP support scaling. The amount of AP needed just to get back to S3 stats are pretty rough.

I don't play DOTA but with regards to build variety, isn't it close to the same thing? I would assume that you aren't going to see too much more variety because there is a set of items that are considered "the best".
not really because these games are very situational. like, it's alright for standard builds to exist, if you're a mage you're gonna want to grab a deathcap everytime you can, but at the same time it's great that the option to go zhonya's exists if you're getting destroyed by an assassin or the mana choice between chalice and tear if you want better mid or late game, etc.

adcs are sorta ok but they need tuning, ss should give less sustained damage in exchange for its superior waveclear and burst when compared to pd, last whisper shouldn't be as overpoweringly good to buy in mid-game, etc.

top laners shouldn't go sunfire into sv every single fucking game. I can't even imagine how boring that must be.

and supports have more gold but they don't get to choose what they do with it. playing with support in s4 is basically having two more spells that you unlock with gold, that's about it. you can't go full ap if you want to be a damage support or make them monster heals, you can't go tank or go utility items, it's just always shurelya/mikaels unless you're leona. even with annie I'll probably get both of them, even if I'll delay mikaels for dfg or some dumb thing like that.

yup, tho normally supports now try to rush their first base to get their gp10 item which also gives them some health and mana regen.

you'll do either shield+ward or shield+pots, depending on jungle pressure and your matchup.

you can start coin too if you want to get a small start and are planning on playing passive or not trading too much. I like to start coin on blitz for instance, since I know it's just one or two all-ins that I need, not really much sustained fighting, and he loves mana regen.

I also experimented with starting dorans ring+ward+pot on like nami and sona but doran shield is so dumb right now it's just a better choice. supports scale like shit so 15 ap won't change shit

CRS

Finally made it to level 30. Will probably play normals for the rest of the week and then when I finally feel ready, I'll go into ranked.

Are ranked matches a little more serious in low elo ranked or is it just as bad as normal queue?

Finally made it to level 30. Will probably play normals for the rest of the week and then when I finally feel ready, I'll go into ranked.

Are ranked matches a little more serious in low elo ranked or is it just as bad as normal queue?

Just start ranked now tbh.

If you're having bad experiences in normals, I advise you to don't play ranked just yet.

I really didn't care for ranked until the last month of season 3

Heartseeker Ashe. Do you approve, subtle?
333.png

darklin0

Banned
Forgot about the R change to Zed, feels a lot better just because I can actually ultimate in and jump back out.
Yup, I love the change. It allows for flashier plays.

Depends on the people you end up with. Sometimes you get a really good team who communicates and works together and then you can get bad teams who have obnoxious players or no communication.

brian!

its cuz ppl go ham now
the popular supports scrap early on

ancient coin upgrade is def really good but targons gives more scrilla and gives you stats that you'll use. you can forgo dorans and just start making the poundcake (i c u bind), plus u can have ward and pots

if you start ward you can get red trinket, if you start dorans you'll probably want to wait till you have sightstone to go red

darklin0

Banned
If you're having bad experiences in normals, I advise you to don't play ranked just yet.

Riot plz, stop. I like being able to eat lunch. ]:

Are Riot point cards edible?

zkylon

zkylewd
dat ashe

also perseverance went from "Regenerates 0.7% of missing Health every 5 seconds" to "Regenerates 0.35% of missing Health every 5 seconds". all right in the world?

Riot plz, stop. I like being able to eat lunch. ]:

Are Riot point cards edible?

I don't know anymore.

Yesterday I went to my closest walmart, to buy a RP card for the lunar revel and just for having a league of legends card, and they were all gone, and there was enough space for about 100 cards there, I had to look around a bit more, and saw a tower filled with iTunes cards, and there in the bottom where 4 cards left, and they were a bit scratched, like if they had a little fight for them or something.*

I'll keep an eye, maybe they're edible and we didn't know.

*It isn't like the only place in my small city (300k) that sells RP, in fact, I think it is the less well know, so I was surprised to be honest.

CRS

Just start ranked now tbh.
I will soon. Just need to finish my rune and mastery pages. Want to get a rune page for most common setups (AD, AP, Attack Speed, Support/All Defense, etc.) Also, need to practice my Support since I'm still somewhat mediocre at it. The last two games I played were as support and did pretty well as Annie but I want to try Thresh and Lulu.

I'm actually having a decent time in Normals. Every once in a while, like 1 in 5 games, I'll team up with some asshole, but I just mute them, play the game, and advise my teammates to do the same. I even got a green ribbon a few days ago and still have it!

Depends on the people you end up with. Sometimes you get a really good team who communicates and works together and then you can get bad teams who have obnoxious players or no communication.

I always try to balance it out so if there's no communication, I try to get people to ping and talk, and when there's someone toxic, I try to calm them down.

I'm a little hopeful for the ranked matches because I feel people will (should) take the game a little more serious. We'll see but at the end of the day, I'm just playing to have fun.

Leezard

Is aegis considered crap now?

It's not a bad item, but it's far from a necessary item. Picking it up as a third item (after talisman/sightstone) can be all right for a support against some more AP heavy teams. Sometimes you can see the jungler buy it, but it is a bit rare.

garath

Man. 2-2 in placements. Not having the best time of it. My first game tonight was a HUGE throw. We were so far ahead and the 9-1 Vi kept going 1v4 over and over. It was so frustrating. We even had Kassadin!

Second game I got to jungle and Pantheon gave me a win even though our Swain fed LeBlanc and our bot lane fed Varus. Panth is so potent. Maybe because people forgot what he does.

This is a long hard road to placement. I suspect I'm aiming for low low Silver at this point. So sad :(

It's not a bad item, but it's far from a necessary item. Picking it up as a third item (after talisman/sightstone) can be all right for a support against some more AP heavy teams. Sometimes you can see the jungler buy it, but it is a bit rare.

Interesting. All this time, I've just been mechanically buying Locket as a support after sightstone and talisman. But it's true that I rarely see it on supports nowadays.

Aegis/Locket is in a good spot right now since it's situational.

I'd rather not go back to early S3 where every jungler HAS to buy Golem->Tabi->Bulwark with zero exception.

Subtle

My hype. All of it! Need this skin noooooow :D!

edit: hope the splash is good too. or else my hype will deflate ):

My hype. All of it! Need this skin noooooow :D!

edit: hope the splash is good too. or else my hype will deflate ):

All the new splash arts have been pretty awesome... well dragonblade riven may not be as cool.. but it's still great.

I'm expecting an awesome splash art.

zkylon

zkylewd
So did this work well?

yes, I'm using that now. a friend also sent me a replay he recorded with it and it played flawlessly. it's a lot faster and more responsive and it does pretty much everything leaguereplays does. like I said before my only complaint with it is that you can't tell it not to record the matches you spectate, but I don't spectate people too often anyways

it auto-updates so I guess it's being in constant development tho I dunno what they're doing since the chagenlog is in chinese lol

yes, I'm using that now. a friend also sent me a replay he recorded with it and it played flawlessly. it's a lot faster and more responsive and it does pretty much everything leaguereplays does. like I said before my only complaint with it is that you can't tell it not to record the matches you spectate, but I don't spectate people too often anyways

it auto-updates so I guess it's being in constant development tho I dunno what they're doing since the chagenlog is in chinese lol

I just tried it. Of course it doesn't work for me. Our region will never support spectator. Goddamn 4th world Garena region.

What do people use for masteries this season? I kinda feel like offense tree has become pretty lackluster beyond 9 points to the point where 21 defense and the early game survival you get from it overshadows if for everything. Especially because 9 defense is the weakest part of the defense tree, so 21/9/0 is like the going for the weak parts of two trees while 9/21/0 is the solid parts of both trees. Or spreads like 12/15/3 to include executioner and meditation with the flat resists and health from defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom