• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Heartseeker.

Heartseeker Ashe looks awesome.
777.png

Ferga

I only get locket when I can get it in one go before 20minutes. Really helps in dragon fights.

Other than that, damage. Damage all the way.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone have suggestions to get lower ping? I don't think I've ever seen lower ping than 76 on the east coast, and I hear people getting 50-70 or lower. Last game was 96 and for some reason it feels way worse at 96 than it does when it says 76. I don't trust these numbers!

The fuck man. THE FUCK.

My team decides to start every late game fight with my ult 10 seconds from being off cooldown.

EVERY FUCKING FIGHT.

Legit, I don't remember the last time I was this mad.

drawkcaB

Love the absolute ZERO counterplay to Teemo shrooms now.

I love that we're almost three months into season 4 and nothing's really been fixed, save maybe Eve. This is possibly the quietest Riot has ever been in the forums. Season 3 had lots of issues to start too, but at least Reds made themselves available for comments, complaints, their own thoughts, etc. FFS they're still trying to figure out how to fix/nerf several of the popular picks from Worlds.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love that we're almost three months into season 4 and nothing's really been fixed, save maybe Eve. This is possibly the quietest Riot has ever been in the forums. Season 3 had lots of issues to start too, but at least Reds made themselves available for comments, complaints, their own thoughts, etc.

They're obviously contemplating the nuclear option right now.

Delete Teemo.

Blizzard

Banned
Love the absolute ZERO counterplay to Teemo shrooms now.
I was asking about this, and the response is that he doesn't work well in teamfights, or can be shut down in lane.

But yeah, if a team with Teemo gets any sort of map control, it's really funny. What do you use, your team's one trinket with a multi-minute cooldown? 100 gold pink wards? Just faceroll the jungle and heal afterwards? :p

I should learn how to play him before something changes.

Blizzard

Banned
anyone else lagging like crazy in game at the moment? I'm in a game right now and can't do shit
I've had higher than normal ping (but see my complaint above, my ping/lag is always iffy). I've seen other people complaining a LOT about lag on the NA server tonight though.

Why is there no counterplay to the shrooms?
Because there's no oracles, pink wards cost 100 and you'd have to know exactly where to put them (and there's a limit of what, 3 of them on the map at a time?)...and sweeper/lightbringer are only for non-summoner's-rift maps. So literally the only way to remove a mushroom that's out of minion paths is to clear it with a spell shield or heal off the damage, unless I'm missing something. (Or I suppose yorick ghouls)

Boken

Banned
I love that we're almost three months into season 4 and nothing's really been fixed, save maybe Eve. This is possibly the quietest Riot has ever been in the forums. Season 3 had lots of issues to start too, but at least Reds made themselves available for comments, complaints, their own thoughts, etc. FFS they're still trying to figure out how to fix/nerf several of the popular picks from Worlds.

But look at all the pick variety (sans top)

Hands off approach is good?

CRS

I liked the idea that the cooldown for the sweeping/oracle lens goes down if it finds a ward, trap, or champion. 1.5/1 min cooldown, respectively, is waaay too long.

Pink wards are a horrible option because there can only be 5 max, 1 per teammate, and if you place it with no shrooms around, you just fucked yourself out of 100 gold. Sure, you get the vision but the ward will just get destroyed since all the shrooms now are placed away from the bushes for maximum effect. And sometimes, people don't have the available slot for wards.

I can see Riot lowering the lifespan of the shrooms. They're like 10 minutes right now? That is absurd.

Hero

Some ways to fix shrooms:

1) Reduce their duration on the map
2) Limit number of active shrooms on the map
3) Make it so if you use your trinket item to reveal and destroy a mushroom it refreshes the cooldown or lowers it significantly
4) Remove Teemo from the game

Kenai

So literally the only way to remove a mushroom that's out of minion paths is to clear it with a spell shield or heal off the damage, unless I'm missing something. (Or I suppose yorick ghouls)

Zyra plants pop em too.

And once again we are back to the amusing conversation of how useless Teemo is while wanting him nerfed simultaneously. Not calling anyone out (I think they do need to fix them) but it's just amusing.

They'll probably just reduce the duration/limit the amount on map, maybe both.

Blizzard

Banned
Well the thing is, I like Teemo and I wish I could play him well and be annoying...and when oracles was around, it was almost the opposite situation. If someone reasonably competent or tanky got oracles, your mushrooms could be nearly useless, they just all get cleared! But now the tides have turned I suppose.

Honestly I'm not sure the trinket and no oracles thing was a great idea. Naturally I only see my low bronze rank skill levels or whatever, but basically everyone buys the ward trinket (maybe one person with a sweeper trinket on each team), and people who actually buy green wards on top of the trinket are few and far between.

Instead of everyone being encouraged to buy wards, it's like...no one is!

And I've seen at least one game where the top laner refused to ever even use the trinket, as far as I could tell, despite being begged to drop it somewhere. They were probably raging though.

Kenai

Well the thing is, I like Teemo and I wish I could play him well and be annoying...and when oracles was around, it was almost the opposite situation. If someone reasonably competent or tanky got oracles, your mushrooms could be nearly useless, they just all get cleared! But now the tides have turned I suppose.

Honestly I'm not sure the trinket and no oracles thing was a great idea. Naturally I only see my low bronze rank skill levels or whatever, but basically everyone buys the ward trinket (maybe one person with a sweeper trinket on each team), and people who actually buy green wards on top of the trinket are few and far between.

Instead of everyone being encouraged to buy wards, it's like...no one is!

And I've seen at least one game where the top laner refused to ever even use the trinket, as far as I could tell, despite being begged to drop it somewhere. They were probably raging though.

I can understand the frustration that comes with abilities that have no real counterplay to them. i would like some of that annoyance to go to more than just Teemo/shrooms, but whatever.

And I think that Vision Wards (not Sight) should cover a wider area of vision than they do in exchange for being less stealthy and longer lasting.It makes them seem more important and a threat and a real loss when they are gone. I'm not sure how much larger of an area though.

I like the trinket system, it just needs to be fleshed out more rather than sat on. Same with the build paths of certain roles and the the viability of champs in certain roles vs others and whatever. Though tbh I am not sure how much of that is from people not trying new things til they see someone at a tournament do so vs what actually doesn't work. It's really hard for me to tell sometimes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yo that was prolly me. just don't run around like a chicken with your head cut off and they're not bad at all.
When they're covering an entire quadrant of the map there's nothing you can do to counter it. You have to accept that brush is no longer meant for your team and completely forfeit that aspect of map control.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When they're covering an entire quadrant of the map there's nothing you can do to counter it. You have to accept that brush is no longer meant for your team and completely forfeit that aspect of map control.
why do you need to be in the brush? axe yourself these questions.

one of the biggest issues in games is that people run places that have no real strategic value. that's really what teemo punishes, otherwise their only real annoyance should be to the jungler ganking top.

Delodax

Some ways to fix shrooms:

1) Reduce their duration on the map
2) Limit number of active shrooms on the map
3) Make it so if you use your trinket item to reveal and destroy a mushroom it refreshes the cooldown or lowers it significantly
4) Remove Teemo from the game

I think just shortening the duration would do the trick. Traps in general was so useless when oracle's was around. Really like the increased viability of champs like Teemo. Possibly Riot could also transfer those trap detecting items to SR, dunno how powerful they are.

I would limit the shrooms (10?). It'll make you put some thought into placing shrooms instead of spamming them on every chokepoint and bush.

However, I put some of that power back somewhere else, like reverting the nerf to E ratio, or the base damage of R, or make the shrooms bigger, or all of the above.

I would limit the shrooms (10?). It'll make you put some thought into placing shrooms instead of spamming them on every chokepoint and bush.

However, I put some of that power back somewhere else, like reverting the nerf to E ratio, or the base damage of R, or make the shrooms bigger, or all of the above.
Putting that power somewhere else would imply he's balanced right now. Not saying he is or isn't since I rarely if ever top lane and when I do it's with gimmicky shit, but there's that.

Limiting shroom count would feel like shit since he's already gated by charges. Personally I think 10 minute traps have no place in this current vision game, specially when they're massive nukes with a lenghty slow. Dial that shit down to 3 minutes or less, that way he has to be actively putting shrooms around instead of just placing one and forgetting about it until a long time later.

Talents

Banned
How good would you say Hecarim is at Jungle? He looks like a fun character but I'm getting the feel from searching around that he isn't that good which kinda sucks.

dimb

How good would you say Hecarim is at Jungle? He looks like a fun character but I'm getting the feel from searching around that he isn't that good which kinda sucks.
He's pretty alright. New spirit stone changes helped him a lot. Ult is super low impact though for the cooldown on it.

DY_nasty

why do you need to be in the brush? axe yourself these questions.

one of the biggest issues in games is that people run places that have no real strategic value. that's really what teemo punishes, otherwise their only real annoyance should be to the jungler ganking top.

Why do I need to be in the brush? To evade is the biggest reason... counter-jungle, set up easier kills, reset certain passives, base, etc. People don't just hop in the brush to look for candy and snacks. Its an essential part of motion - moreso now that pinks are essentially gone. People have to treat brush with a different kind of weight and assume ward locations, enemy locations, and traps based on movement from other players more than ever. So when a Teemo can basically shut down ALL of that, there's an issue.

I don't understand how you can say the only brush that's important is the brush between top lane and river. Even the little island of brush in river is important. The back of red/blue is important. The brush around baron, the brush right next to the base between mid and bottom is important. To be able to tripwire all of it without real counterplay is absurd.

dimb

Why do I need to be in the brush? To evade is the biggest reason... counter-jungle, set up easier kills, reset certain passives, base, etc.
how much of this is teemo really going to impact? there is nothing about doing these things that is inherently tied to the brush and frankly there is nothing between teemo mushrooms and brush that are tied together. adjust your walking routes and be more attentive instead of move clicking across the map.

teemo is not going to stop counter jungling or base pushes with his mushrooms, and counter jungling is vastly overrated anyways. teemo has no influence over 2/3rds of the map and it's super limited even before level ~9, and most of top is the lane itself. the counterplay to teemo is being smart and taking advantage of what he cannot do. teemo is in an alright place now but it's more because he's a fairly safe pick with good scaling and split push power, and his build options open up liandry's to stop the hp heavy tank meta.

most of what you are talking about is honestly the most annoying style of league to me. people wandering around the map because they think they can set something up. farm. push waves. take objectives safely after winning team fights. teemo can't stop any of these things.

and really just buy pink wards. if just three people placed pinks on the map in critical mushroom locations it makes a huge difference.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
oh god i love trundle.

he counters every top lane matchup i hate.

death to the nasus, jax and trynd players of the world.

All the new splash arts have been pretty awesome... well dragonblade riven may not be as cool.. but it's still great.

I'm expecting an awesome splash art.
Dragonblade Riven is the least goofy looking though, exaggerated pose or not. Nowhere near the same ballpark as default Lux' and default Sivir's splash art. Morgana's is also eh.

I wonder if they will release more than 1 valentine skin this year. There was exactly 0 last year =/
Debonair Jayce was last year's Valentine skin.

I was asking about this, and the response is that he doesn't work well in teamfights, or can be shut down in lane.

But yeah, if a team with Teemo gets any sort of map control, it's really funny. What do you use, your team's one trinket with a multi-minute cooldown? 100 gold pink wards? Just faceroll the jungle and heal afterwards? :p

I should learn how to play him before something changes.
Trundle jungle - Teemo compositions. Map control for days.

oh god i love trundle.

he counters every top lane matchup i hate.

death to the nasus, jax and trynd players of the world.
He doesn't really counter Susan in lane, but he does a damn good job at being a hindrance to him in teamfights. Pillars, making Susan squishy with his ult and slowing him down some more with Q's. Only top lane match-up (among melee's) you should look out for is Mundo though.

DY_nasty

how much of this is teemo really going to impact? there is nothing about doing these things that is inherently tied to the brush and frankly there is nothing between teemo mushrooms and brush that are tied together. adjust your walking routes and be more attentive instead of move clicking across the map.

teemo is not going to stop counter jungling or base pushes with his mushrooms, and counter jungling is vastly overrated anyways. teemo has no influence over 2/3rds of the map and it's super limited even before level ~9, and most of top is the lane itself. the counterplay to teemo is being smart and taking advantage of what he cannot do. teemo is in an alright place now but it's more because he's a fairly safe pick with good scaling and split push power, and his build options open up liandry's to stop the hp heavy tank meta.

most of what you are talking about is honestly the most annoying style of league to me. people wandering around the map because they think they can set something up. farm. push waves. take objectives safely after winning team fights. teemo can't stop any of these things.

and really just buy pink wards. if just three people placed pinks on the map in critical mushroom locations it makes a huge difference.
I think you're either vastly undervaluing the importance of brush or never had to deal with a teemo-strangled map.

Edwardo

We faced an annoying teemo the other day. All we had to do was actually group up and push mid and teemo was no longer a problem.

DY_nasty

We faced an annoying teemo the other day. All we had to do was actually group up and push mid and teemo was no longer a problem.
Sure. Communication and overpowering another team right down the middle is great - but this is LoL and teamwork isnt exactly easy to come by.

Ocho

5-5 in placements, end Plat 3. Not bad. I guess taking my time to finish placements helped me somehow not to fall to Gold.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Depends on how you want to play. I've had a lot of fun with him, just don't expect to carry. He's pretty tanky and throwing people into your teammates is always fun.

Newt

Hey guys, I saw this on reddit and decided to post it, because it looked helpful to me.

AS ADC and SUPPORT

I'm going to speak about both of these as one, because trying to apply something alone will end up not being on the same page as your partner and you will end up failing. So, mistakes bot lanes usually make in lower Elo is that they ALWAYS pick fights even if they know they can't win them. I'd say you start by pushing to level 2, probably try to all-in an enemy who is out of position, then return to farming while zoning them out because of the earlier trade. There are a lot of tips I can give you here because this is the most action packed lane with high chances of carrying a game if both laners do well.

As an ADCarry, try turning on your "Show AutoAttack Range" in the options. Then, when you are in the game, use "command attack" to get minions (don't do that while hitting champions at first, you will waste precious time or have misclicks). This way you will get accustomed to every carry's Autoattack range and you will be able to PUNISH your opponent for every CS they try to take. I would say it's ESSENTIAL to learn this on Caitlyn because that's pretty much what she does.

As a support, always try to provide lane presence to your ADCarry by constantly making the life of the enemy carry hard, either by zoning the enemy bot lane away from the wave (which results in xp advantage and denying farm) or by trying to bodyblock spells like Mystic Shot.

Against Ezreal, if he's zoned out, you can stay in front of the creeps to deny his farm by taking some hits yourself. Ideally you would want to do this as Leona or Taric, for example.

Never fight inside the enemies' creep wave during the early game. This is one of the most common mistakes.

Hold on to your flash as an ADCarry. If you are 3-0 and your enemy tries to run away while enemy mid and jungler are missing, don't risk using your flash to get another kill because if you get ganked you will end up giving more shutdown gold to them.

You need mechanics to play carries like Vayne. Don't go around playing Vayne in soloqueue if you can't use her to her full potential.

Help your support with the warding.

Always bully your enemy out by autoattacking/hitting them with spells.

Understand your ally to win skirmishes. Know how much damage your Janna can do, for example, before deciding you want to fight the Leona-Jinx lane.

Use your E early as Draven to stop Leona's Zenith Blade, Kha'Zix Jump, etc.

Tumble in the dragon & baron pit at the small wall will end up on completely resetting your autoattack animation and you will be able to clear the objectives faster.

Never start a fight, and never flash in a fight to get a kill. You are the heart of the team, you need to put out steady DPS even if you get no kills in the end. Just hit what's in front of you while trying to kite your enemies.

As a support you want to be a play maker. Buy talisman, in soloQ it works wonders. Use some blind spots in the map and come out with the movement speed to Tibbers their faces!

Best ADCs / Supports and BOT LANES for soloQ

Jinx

Lucian

Caitlyn

Draven [ Requires strong mechanics ]

Vayne [ Requires strong mechanics ]

Leona

Thresh

Taric

Lulu

Morgana

Annie

Jinx / Leona

Draven / Leona

Sivir / Taric

Sivir / Leona

Caitlyn / Thresh

Jinx / Thresh

Vayne / Thresh [Not good laning phase but Thresh can peel enough for Vayne]

Lucian / Taric

Lucian / Leona

IMPORTANT: in order to maximize the potential of your ADCarry gameplay, you need to learn to stutter-step. And always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS MOVE between autoattacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom