• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Man. 2-2 in placements. Not having the best time of it. My first game tonight was a HUGE throw. We were so far ahead and the 9-1 Vi kept going 1v4 over and over. It was so frustrating. We even had Kassadin!

Second game I got to jungle and Pantheon gave me a win even though our Swain fed LeBlanc and our bot lane fed Varus. Panth is so potent. Maybe because people forgot what he does.

This is a long hard road to placement. I suspect I'm aiming for low low Silver at this point. So sad :(

I wanted to place low silver but ended up in Bronze 3. However, I am something like 14-3 since placements and skipped divisions to land in Silver 5, so I think things really smooth out after placements. Teammates seem more pleasant and more competent. I've only had one real troll since I got placed.

Pantheon and jungle Khazix are free elo right now. As much as I love tank junglers, I've had far more success with those assassin style junglers. Probably because top is a battle between Nasus, Shyvanna, and Dr. Mundo every game and support is a coin toss between Thresh and Leona. You can afford to put some damage in the jungle.

Nobody thinks of how fast Pantheon can melt people and assume he's tanky. Kha'Zix is devastating with a lead and if you don't mess up your mechanics (Lately I've a habit of q'ing a minion instead of the champ with smartcast). Both can solo dragon with lizard elder and brutalizer for relatively no damage.

Edwardo

t1391104800z1.png

Gambit Gaming vs Alliance
Roccat vs Fnatic
Supa Hot Crew vs SK Gaming
Copenhagen Wolves vs Fnatic

EU LCS Week 3 Day 1 Preview

Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

garath

I wanted to place low silver but ended up in Bronze 3. However, I am something like 14-3 since placements and skipped divisions to land in Silver 5, so I think things really smooth out after placements. Teammates seem more pleasant and more competent. I've only had one real troll since I got placed.

Pantheon and jungle Khazix are free elo right now. As much as I love tank junglers, I've had far more success with those assassin style junglers. Probably because top is a battle between Nasus, Shyvanna, and Dr. Mundo every game and support is a coin toss between Thresh and Leona. You can afford to put some damage in the jungle.

Nobody thinks of how fast Pantheon can melt people and assume he's tanky. Kha'Zix is devastating with a lead and if you don't mess up your mechanics (Lately I've a habit of q'ing a minion instead of the champ with smartcast). Both can solo dragon with lizard elder and brutalizer for relatively no damage.

Another big reason Kha'zix and Pantheon are strong in the jungle right now is their dueling potential. If all my lanes are pushed in and I have an idea of where the enemy jungler is, I can often kill them in their own jungle and really set them back.

Pantheon is just a surprising jungler. The ult can turn lanes (especially bot), and the stun gap closer is super useful for ganks. No one expects that last killing spear either. lol.
Khazix is the same way but just for massive burst.

I'd be very sad if I ended up in Bronze but I will get out of it no problem. I've seen the bronze level play and if I'm jungle I WILL carry out of it.

Glad to hear about your progress since getting placed it Bronze! Good job :)

Nev

Banned
He doesn't really counter Susan in lane, but he does a damn good job at being a hindrance to him in teamfights. Pillars, making Susan squishy with his ult and slowing him down some more with Q's. Only top lane match-up (among melee's) you should look out for is Mundo though.

Eh, Trundle's role isn't 1v1 Nasus. At least that's not why I use him for, and he's my main non-mage top (not that I go that lane much anyways).

Rush Botrk and rush to their helpless ADC, that's what Trundle means for me. Botrk + W + Ghost (because you go Ghost, obviously, not flash like these troll Trundles) and not even that bitch Tristana can escape. Making fun at these Vaynes trying to kite and make the plays also.

Dat splitpush too. I'd say he's top 5 splitpusher, and because people still ignore him until some pro uses him in a pro match and all the sheeps follow, you can destroy lanes freely before they realize how strong he's at splitpushing.

I don't think aggressive melee tops are for me. I tried Shyvana, got dumpstered by Jinx in lane. She pretty much free farmed. Our jungler can't really help me since bot was harding a difficult time too. I rarely ever dominate as an aggressive melee. I still need to get a feel when I can get ahead on a trade based on minions. My most consistent aggressive solo melee is probably only Renekton.

I wish they'd fix auto attacks. It's annoying having to attack, then click ahead of the champ I'm attacking, then click them again, then cancel the animation again just so I can keep up with them running away.

How come people don't play lissandra, tried her when she was free and dominated mid. Maybe cause I'm bronze and ppl dunno how to verse her but her kit is awesome. Even played top 3x.against mundos and he couldn't farm at all. Now if to buy her and bring her to ranked is the question..

Ferrio

Banned
I wish they'd fix auto attacks. It's annoying having to attack, then click ahead of the champ I'm attacking, then click them again, then cancel the animation again just so I can keep up with them running away.

So take out one of the few technical skills in the game?

drawkcaB

How come people don't play lissandra, tried her when she was free and dominated mid. Maybe cause I'm bronze and ppl dunno how to verse her but her kit is awesome. Even played top 3x.against mundos and he couldn't farm at all. Now if to buy her and bring her to ranked is the question..

Well, a big reason is that her time in LCS play was limited due to her being banned for a bug I can't quite remember. Another, perhaps equally, big reason is that people aren't playing ir bulding her right. They see all her utility and play her like you would Orianna or Anivia but she's best played like Twisted Fate: farm up to 6 six and roam.

drawkcaB

Like she's not horrible, but someone can like Leona or Annie can provide just as much CC as she does without taking very little skill to actually pull it off.

I think the bigger problem is that until he gets her ult her disengage on all-ins is iffy, as opposed to someone like Lulu who can polymorph the ADC on engages. Even after 6 it's not a sure thing because Leona/thresh can dive back in before the ult comes up

Ashe isn't bad but the top bot lane picks shove her out of the game completely.

It's Season 2 Graves all over again but instead of one champion it's like 5.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like she's not horrible, but someone can like Leona or Annie can provide just as much CC as she does without taking very little skill to actually pull it off.
yea I know, but still :<

at least thresh skin is on sale, at long last

I don't understand why people build elder lizard on eve. someone explain it to me

garath

yea I know, but still :<

at least thresh skin is on sale, at long last

Oh nice. I like that thresh skin. I don't play him but I'm going to get it. I've been meaning to get better at Thresh anyways. He seems to have one of the higher skillcaps of the supports. I've played him a couple times and realized I could be doing so much more every time I played.

Watching someone like onebadbrad or Krepo play him is a joy.

Edwardo

I don't understand why people build elder lizard on eve. someone explain it to me

If I remember right, it used to prov off one of her abilities. I dont remember which one. But I dont think it does it anymore. People would build that and Liandrys and burn everyone to death.

garath

If I remember right, it used to prov off one of her abilities. I dont remember which one. But I dont think it does it anymore. People would build that and Liandrys and burn everyone to death.

Yeah. Her Q proc'd it before. So that plus Liandry would just tick away at the health.

Now I'm seeing people build it on her to go AD/Hybrid. Both her Q and E scale on bonus AD and her E is now considered physical damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh nice. I like that thresh skin. I don't play him but I'm going to get it. I've been meaning to get better at Thresh anyways. He seems to have one of the higher skillcaps of the supports. I've played him a couple times and realized I could be doing so much more every time I played.

Watching someone like onebadbrad or Krepo play him is a joy.

he's my second favorite support after annie (annie's also my favorite "toplaner" lol). he has such a cool kit, it all comes well together and you learn new tricks about him every time you play him

I really wish all supports felt as good to play as thresh

Nev

Banned
Mundo is just disgusting. I'm glad they're getting away with newer releases from such bs 0 risk/skill high reward kits (except Fish), but they seriously need to rework the ones remaining. You can't have extremely basic and easy champions like Mundo, Kassadin or Fizz to easily and immensely outperform things like Syndra or Xerath if you want your game to be taken seriously.

I mean there is little to no advantages in playing high skill cap champions, since there are so many low skill others that can do the same or more in a much easier way. I wish they reworked everything into a skillshot already.

Einbroch

Banned
Mundo is just disgusting. I'm glad they're getting away with newer releases from such bs 0 risk/skill high reward kits (except Fish), but they seriously need to rework the ones remaining. You can't have extremely basic and easy champions like Mundo, Kassadin or Fizz to easily and immensely outperform things like Syndra or Xerath if you want your game to be taken seriously.

I mean there is little to no advantages in playing high skill cap champions, since there are so many low skill others that can do the same or more in a much easier way. I wish they reworked everything into a skillshot already.

You should try Smite, where literally everything is a skillshot.

Nev

Banned
You should try Smite, where literally everything is a skillshot.

I play Smite and I like it, but it can't replace Lol, I find them to be complementary. It's just that Lol has too much bs from the early days (and some other from not so early) and I wish it could be gone so it becomes a more rewarding and better game. No counter-play mechanics are just the worst thing.

DeadNames

Banned
I play Smite and I like it, but it can't replace Lol, I find them to be complementary. It's just that Lol has too much bs from the early days (and some other from not so early) and I wish it could be gone so it becomes a more rewarding and better game. No counter-play mechanics are just the worst thing.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think of gragas?

Nev

Banned
I think his E is too strong since I don't know, 2011. I also couldn't believe how short his ult CD was. Other than that I have no problem with him.

zkylon

zkylewd
how about giving the supports really good utility scaling (say 0.4 or something like that on sona e) but make it cap out at X, like cdr. so like supports can buy ap and be happy but if they get a deathcap it may be a waste.

I kind of know what he means. A skillshot will go off no matter one. A targeted ability will only go off in range. The stutter stepping issue is a big one for me.

yea pretty much

I'll miss a lot of spells for cutting it too close to the max range. dfg too

It's tanky everything, which is disappointing, I had a great w/l ratio with Nami last season.

I put it down to the lack of a compelling AP item for supports, the Lucky Pick item is easily outclassed by Ancient Coin and Relic Shield.

Lack of AP scaling is the issue, not items. Mejais + Liandys Nami positively recks TF late on, but obviously, that's with say 150AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom