• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
I return with a gift for Newt.

IOOWMwt.gif

Ferga

Man, I'm about to lose my fourth plat 4 promo series. Why is this shit so hard this season.

And I want 2 copies of starbound btw

CRS

5-1 in my promos so far with my one loss being as an Annie which sucks because I won as Annie the previous game.

Might finish them by the end of week.

I'd recommend getting a decent pair of headphones and a modmic. Superior audio and superior microphone.

If you must get a headset, check Mad Lust Envy's thread at HeadFi.org. The list of headphones is under the section "INDEX, RATINGS, MY TOP CHOICES" Click to expand.

But I can't recommend some decent headphones and a modmic enough.

This is such a perfect solution to my problem of hating how crappy headsets are. Now all I need to do is actually buy decent headphones. -.-

only 2 trade.

dimb casually wreckin' dudes.

garath

This is such a perfect solution to my problem of hating how crappy headsets are. Now all I need to do is actually buy decent headphones. -.-

dimb casually wreckin' dudes.

I'm struggling so much with the headphone decision. I think I'm leaning Sennheiser 558. I think it would have definitely been the Sony MA900 but Sony decided to discontinue them so the price skyrocketed. Like 3 weeks ago or something :(

Back to league. Just had a random co-worker in the office who knows I play League ask me why it's important to get the dragon. o_O. He's apparently reading about Fnatic vs Roccat lol. He's a gamer but doesn't play League at all. I guess LCS is getting some outside gaming press. lol

I've been playing jungle Elise lately. I keep trying, I definitely feel her early/mid power but I just can't make much out of it. I feel useless once teamfights roll in.

Oh and what's up with her E? There are several times I'm sure I cast it on an enemy, but I end up just dropping from where I was after 2 seconds, instead of dropping at the edge after 1 second.

garath

I've been playing jungle Elise lately. I keep trying, I definitely feel her early/mid power but I just can't make much out of it. I feel useless once teamfights roll in.

Oh and what's up with her E? There are several times I'm sure I cast it on an enemy, but I end up just dropping from where I was after 2 seconds, instead of dropping at the edge after 1 second.

You need to capitalize on her early/mid power else you'll have trouble later. Her ganks are really good. You have options to go in with cocoon or her rappel. I prefer cocoon if I can manage it because you can tower dive early and just rappel out of tower aggro. Land an auto in human form to apply red buff and make landing the cocoon easier. Also I know the latest trend is to go AP (Spectral wraith, haunting guise, rylais) but I think you're missing out if you do that. Build straight tank with a full penetration rune page and you'll still do the damages while being a decent frontliner/diver for later team fights.

For her Rappel, are you smartcasting? If you miss the target when you cast E then you just go straight up instead of dropping on them. It's tricky sometimes.

I'm struggling so much with the headphone decision. I think I'm leaning Sennheiser 558. I think it would have definitely been the Sony MA900 but Sony decided to discontinue them so the price skyrocketed. Like 3 weeks ago or something :(
I still have to research all that. >.> Not madly looking forward to it I have to say.

In other news I've resolved not to feel crappy about going down four divisions (S5 to B4) in my horrendous placements.
3/7 - LWWWLLLLLL, I think.
It's not helping, though, that almost everyone I know placed significantly higher. I'm mostly just mad that the lost games were so lame - DCs and flamers and so on - while my friends seemed to have much better luck. Been talking about how I would end up Bronze for ages, but being so low has put me off ranked a bit. Not sure whether to duo a bit with people, risking screwing my MMR and/or getting outmatched, or just suck it up and solo forever.

Blerg.

Nekofrog

Banned
Been doing a little Thresh theorycrafting with Panda this morning.

My normal Thresh start is a 0/16/14 mastery page as seen here:

With these runes (12 MR, +78HP, +8.5AD, +13 Armor):

I created the following AD centric runes/masteries for early lane dominance/bullying as Thresh:

18/12/0

12MR, 15AD, 13Armor

With the added AD quints and masteries, I start with 69 AD, 31 Armor, 43 MR, and 553HP. Purchasing a Doran's Blade kicks me up to 77 AD for more chunk, but less HP and armor. This would be an extreme case versus not-Dravens and squishy supports (not Leonas).

With a Doran's Shield, I have 69AD, 656HP plus the passive HP regen.

We tested this versus Leona and a couple ADCs, and suffice to say it absolutely chunks, especially with a flay. Paired a pokey AD Carry such as Sivir with her Q or Lucian with his passive it could make for some extremely aggressive lane dominance. Didn't try a red elixir, but that could be done as well.

I was noticeably squishier with the Doran's Blade start, but with the Doran's Shield I could soak up enough to make this rune/mastery setup worth using.

I am also debating dropping one point off of my defensive tree to add a point into Devastating Strike for the Armor and Magic penetration.

I definitely would not use this setup in solo Q, strictly as a duo-queue bot lane where communication is a must for this kind of aggression.

DeadNames

Banned
You can't say riot is still oversexualizing females. Yes, its been done in the past, but a lot of their female releases have been pretty tame.

zkylon

zkylewd
thresh's auto range is going down on next patch tho

tbh I don't bother with autos too much, just hook fools

guess that's up to each's playstyle but for me dropping all those points into offense is a sacrifice I'd rather not make, specially since it leaves you with less flashes, less ms (both things are pretty useful for hooking with thresh) and no lvl 1 ward.

The last 3 females are Jinx, Liss and Quinn. You could probably make a case for Jinx, but the others aren't that sexualized tbh.
I think it was more the syndra, zyra and elise era more than anything.

riot is kinda getting better

worse thing they've done is not fix sivir's teeth

Type2

Back to league. Just had a random co-worker in the office who knows I play League ask me why it's important to get the dragon. o_O. He's apparently reading about Fnatic vs Roccat lol. He's a gamer but doesn't play League at all. I guess LCS is getting some outside gaming press. lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 this as your mic and getting the headset you desire.
I am currently using Audio Technica ATH-AD700 but I cant seem to find those in stock atm.

garath

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 this as your mic and getting the headset you desire.
I am currently using Audio Technica ATH-AD700 but I cant seem to find those in stock atm.

The AD700 was replaced with the AD700x. Lesser build quality but same high quality sound. I'm definitely considering those but I may be leaning more toward a closed setup right now to avoid a lot of leakage. I kind of like the A700x maybe..
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E9VKUQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Almost definitely getting a clip on mic at least until the 4.0 modmic is released and hopefully avail at Amazon. Looks like I'll be switching to push to talk though lol. (no more robot voice??)

heytred

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm a relatively new League of Legends player (been playing for maybe 3.5 weeks, level 24) with a competitive gaming background. I played Halo 2, 3, and Reach (*gag*) competitively, attended multiple MLG/AGL events, before moving to Counter Strike: Global Offensive and then to League. I'm looking for other people to play with and whatnot, so if anyone is interested to play, add: hetyred1 on NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom