• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm should I buy Cass or wait to have 6300 ad buy either Jinx or Lucian? I want Cass but I feel so old school when I play with Caitlyn or Twitch (when I don't play with Sivir, too lazy to play with Draven)

And Sejuani is awesome.

I honestly don't recommend Cass unless you're planning to completely dedicate playing her.

She's the type of champ you really need like dozens of games with to play properly.

Burt

Mmm should I buy Cass or wait to have 6300 ad buy either Jinx or Lucian? I want Cass but I feel so old school when I play with Caitlyn or Twitch (when I don't play with Sivir, too lazy to play with Draven)

And Sejuani is awesome.
Don't succumb to the Lucian pressure. He's a scrub and he'll rotate out of FOTM soon enough. Jinx is good, but TWITCH 4 LYFE.

Is Cass a thing now? I'm miserable with her. I remember the first time I ever played her was in an ARAM and I went like 0/17. That was fun. Touched her like twice since and it didn't improve much.

And Sejuani is awesome. I think her sound design is the best in League, too.

zkylon

zkylewd

And Sejuani is awesome.
personally I think lucian is really boring so if you're gonna buy a new adc go for jinx or ezreal or draven or varus, I find all of them more fun.

I honestly don't recommend Cass unless you're planning to completely dedicate playing her.

She's the type of champ you really need like dozens of games with to play properly.
I don't think she's THAT hard to play, but you can't just pick her up and be immediately consistent that's for sure

she's pretty fun to play tho

Welp, I guess I'm back on the Trundle train
I don't think she's THAT hard to play, but you can't just pick her up and be immediately consistent that's for sure

It's not that she's exactly mechanically hard to play - after all, it's just skillshots and keeping track of ranges in the end - but her pace overall is really, really different from other mid laners. It's the type of champ that you absolutely have to get to make it work, unlike other champs that have some leeway for you to do cool stuff with, the first few games with Cass are basically a nightmare that makes you think she's shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not that she's exactly mechanically hard to play - after all, it's just skillshots and keeping track of ranges in the end - but her pace overall is really, really different from other mid laners. It's the type of champ that you absolutely have to get to make it work, unlike other champs that have some leeway for you to do cool stuff with, the first few games with Cass are basically a nightmare that makes you think she's shit.
I dunno, I'm used to playing mid with other champions that require some degree of microing like syndra and ori and I didn't find cass to be as brutal as I thought. the one thing I'm completely awful with her is her ult, but I had pretty good first games, 2v1ing people when ganked and such.

the two changes I kind of wish for her is making her ult have a shorter channel (and nerf it somehow to balance if you want) and make it work more consistently with flash, and have her w poison last 3 seconds just like her q poison (again balance it if you must). I think that'd make her feel less clunky

garath

I like cassio. The good players are REALLY GOOD with her and she has some very scary damage as well as mobility from her Q. But she is a little clunky. You have to micro more than an ADC trying to land Es while still being mobile.

Ferrio

Banned
I like cassio. The good players are REALLY GOOD with her and she has some very scary damage as well as mobility from her Q. But she is a little clunky. You have to micro more than an ADC trying to land Es while still being mobile.

Ever since syndra came out I see no reason to play as cassio. Almost the same exact style, but not the annoying poison and ult mechanic.

Mothman91

30chQ7k.jpg

No words can describe this.

DeadNames

Banned
Hey guys, I'm a relatively new League of Legends player (been playing for maybe 3.5 weeks, level 24) with a competitive gaming background. I played Halo 2, 3, and Reach (*gag*) competitively, attended multiple MLG/AGL events, before moving to Counter Strike: Global Offensive and then to League. I'm looking for other people to play with and whatnot, so if anyone is interested to play, add: hetyred1 on NA.

A halo friend is a friend of mine, welcome.

Thoughts on halo 4? Also I thought zero bloom MLG reach was really good.

Don't succumb to the Lucian pressure. He's a scrub and he'll rotate out of FOTM soon enough. Jinx is good, but TWITCH 4 LYFE.

Lucian will stick around for the same reason Ezreal has, because he's a valid option for times when you look at the enemy team composition and say, "I'm scared. I'm scared they're going to dive me, and I don't feel comfortable playing a real carry."
And/or "I don't care if my team loses the game as long as I can use Trueshot Barrage snipes and run away from fights to keep my KDA up so I can protect my bruised ego by blaming someone else when we lose."

He probably will fall out of favor somewhat once OGN starts back up, though. A lot of the reason people still play him is that the Koreans didn't really puzzle through Jinx in time to use her in the last Champions season, so people who worship the Korean meta believe that Lucian's still the top dog pick in the position. I really don't think that will be true at all once play resumes. (I don't expect them to still be so keenly focused on Sivir, either.)

Is Cass a thing now? I'm miserable with her. I remember the first time I ever played her was in an ARAM and I went like 0/17. That was fun. Touched her like twice since and it didn't improve much.

And Sejuani is awesome. I think her sound design is the best in League, too.

personally I think lucian is really boring so if you're gonna buy a new adc go for jinx or ezreal or draven or varus, I find all of them more fun.

I already own Draven and Varus; I'm just too lazy to play Draven, and I forgot I owned Varus lol.

I like Jinx more, I feel like she helps her team more than Lucian, but he can do lot of damage too. And Cass is one of those champions I have always wanted to play, even if she requires quite a good amount of games to get a better feel and be consistently good with her. I think I'll buy Cass and then Jinx. Lucian will be on sale pretty soon, like this month, I think.

I know the question wasn't for me, but I loved Halo 4. Too bad all of my friends stopped playing when Black Ops 2 came out.

What did you loved about Halo 4? I was a huge fan (I'm still a fan, but not so much anymore) after playing it for 4 months since its release, I finally conceded that the multiplayer truly didn't feel like Halo, there was no flow, no map control, just running around the map, and I'm not even talking about instant respawn, ordnance, armor mods, lack of ranked, too many big maps, etc, etc. Single player was ruined for me since I got spoiled by a "friend", and the only moment I truly remember of the campaign is in the second level when you see Requiem's sky for the first time (here)... and where the music truly fit with the game. Shared Files were incomplete, Spartan Ops were really repetitive, even if the second half of the season was pretty cool. Reach Forge was actually better than the one for H4 even with the new dynamic lights. No playing as elites. No firefight, repetitive (and lame) diary challenges, like with Reach. Boring medals. No Chopper (RIP 2007-2010), etc. And let's not forget what 343 has been doing with Halo's lore... I preferred when luck was just luck. Too much brown. Generic feel.

Sorry for the rant since this really isn't the place, but I really miss Halo and halogaf is salty enough. Why can't Halo just be Halo. )':

(And I still believe Xbox Live Party did hurt Halo multiplayer, even if it was, and is, a great feature. It also made it less fun in some ways).
[RIP Halo]

Perhaps because of everything that happened with Halo, that is the reason of why I'm so condescending with Riot, they really have to made a huge mistake for me to be disappointed with them... like not releasing a new Ahri's skin this year, I mean popstar Ahri was released last year ):

Kenai

And Cass is one of those champions I have always wanted to play, even if she requires quite a good amount of games to get a better feel and be consistently good with her. I think I'll buy Cass and then Jinx. Lucian will be on sale pretty soon, like this month, I think.

I like Cass quite a bit too, especially in ARAM (I can zone the entire enemy team like crazy with her there by myself), but now that I've kinda gotten the hang of Syndra I agree that niche wise she feels pretty similar while being easier to use and more dangerous of a duelist. Cass ult is definitely more devastating but other than that I think Syndra is better. If the game is still "going" once Cass gets her trinity though (Liandry's/Ryalis/DC) she'll just wreck in teamfights. The synergy with those + her kit is better than just about any other mage.

Ferrio

Banned
I like Cass quite a bit too, especially in ARAM (I can zone the entire enemy team like crazy with her there by myself), but now that I've kinda gotten the hang of Syndra I agree that niche wise she feels pretty similar while being easier to use and more dangerous of a duelist. Cass ult is definitely more devastating but other than that I think Syndra is better. If the game is still "going" once Cass gets her trinity though (Liandry's/Ryalis/DC) she'll just wreck in teamfights. The synergy with those + her kit is better than just about any other mage.

Cass's ult is good, just so finnicky. Landing a good ult is pretty hard, between having the team positioned right and that tiny delay it has. Can't count the amount of times I've hit it and they turn before scream. Then poison damage is just annoying mechanic when you're squishy and you need them to die asap.

Just wish Syndra had a new skin... a dodgeball skin would be amazing.

Newt

I was trying to de-sexualize some girls. Turns out it's funnier and easier to sexualize

Now I need Ice Bitch Lissandra and no other new skin will fulfil my desire.
Nev, I can't even fathom how massive a troll you are.

Edwardo

I bought Cass last week and played her in 5-6 matches so far. She's fun, but I definitely need to put in more time with her to get a better feel. She does a ton of damage with her poisons + e resetting over and over. I needed someone different to play than what I was used to and she's it.

What did you loved about Halo 4? I was a huge fan (I'm still a fan, but not so much anymore) after playing it for 4 months since its release, I finally conceded that the multiplayer truly didn't feel like Halo, there was no flow, no map control, just running around the map, and I'm not even talking about instant respawn, ordnance, armor mods, lack of ranked, too many big maps, etc, etc. Single player was ruined for me since I got spoiled by a "friend", and the only moment I truly remember of the campaign is in the second level when you see Requiem's sky for the first time (here)... and where the music truly fit with the game. Shared Files were incomplete, Spartan Ops were really repetitive, even if the second half of the season was pretty cool. Reach Forge was actually better than the one for H4 even with the new dynamic lights. No playing as elites. No firefight, repetitive (and lame) diary challenges, like with Reach. Boring medals. No Chopper (RIP 2007-2010), etc. And let's not forget what 343 has been doing with Halo's lore... I preferred when luck was just luck. Too much brown. Generic feel.

Sorry for the rant since this really isn't the place, but I really miss Halo and halogaf is salty enough. Why can't Halo just be Halo. )':

(And I still believe Xbox Live Party did hurt Halo multiplayer, even if it was, and is, a great feature. It also made it less fun in some ways).
[RIP Halo]

Perhaps because of everything that happened with Halo, that is the reason of why I'm so condescending with Riot, they really have to made a huge mistake for me to be disappointed with them... like not releasing a new Ahri's skin this year, I mean popstar Ahri was released last year ):

I get where you're coming from. The multiplayer itself gave me a feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time. Mainly because I was playing with the group I played with back in high school when Halo 2 was released. It was one of those "got the gang back together" feelings. Nostalgia mostly. I didn't mind the changes like ordinances and armor mods. I disagree with the point on map control. I feel like it had to do with the design of the maps as well as the other additions and changes. However, some other maps did create the no map control feeling, but this made it so that you had to stick together as a mobile group.

I really wish they went back to the old ranking system though. One of my issues with most multiplayer games nowadays is how you level up through experience and there isn't a ranked mode to go alongside it. I guess that's why I like league ;)

I understand now that games change over time and these companies need to find ways to bring in newer customers. Most of the time they'll get back their fanbase, but there are always some that have moved on or developed different tastes over time.

Not gonna go too much further into it because like you said, this isnt the place, but I did enjoy the game more than a lot of people. That being said, I have been told many a time that i'm not critical enough when it comes to things.

zkylon

zkylewd
3-4

we had a "hybrid" teemo top, our zed got camped by our j4, was 6 0 and managed to end 6 11, their taric was running spellvamp quints

pls no silverino ritooo

I'm playing like crap anyways

CRS

Thought there were ten games in a person's first placement match. I only remember playing 8 and after this last game, got Silver IV.

Not bad for this being my first ranking.

I guess I did play ten and ended up with a 6-4 record. :/ 2 of those were from being supports as well. I really need to get more and practice with them.

zkylon

zkylewd
and placements are done, 5-5

tbh played pretty bad on a lot of them, am 0-4 on gragas but I closed it up with a pretty commanding leona game so I guess it's alright. gold 2 isn't so bad since I was gold 1 0 lp, imma try get platinum and who knows, maybe diamond for season 5.

shyvanna's enforcers is pretty boring doe. riven's snipers was better lol

AdventChild

Neo Member
Silver 1 S3, 6-4, Silver 3 S4. 45745927572 losses in a row, Silver 5. My MMR is pure shit. Need to win like 15 games without losses. Im losing more LPs than wining...

FACK ME.

I think it was more the syndra, zyra and elise era more than anything.

riot is kinda getting better

worse thing they've done is not fix sivir's teeth
Try "fixing Sivir's everything" when looking at her default splash art.

they didn't push it to live I think
They did, but they usually don't mention those kind of tweaks in the patch notes for LIVE servers. Like how they didn't bring up changing Caitlyn's or Soraka's running animation recently, for example.

[RIP Halo]

Xbox Live Parties ruined a lot of multiplayer games back when it was patched in. Gears of War 2 was a lot less fun (no more moments of silence when everyone else died like in Gears 1) and proximity chat from the Halo games lost its value. Never mind the effect it had on Chrome Hounds, what with radio transmission towers (effectively control points) being integral to use and maintain voice communications with the rest of your team in that game.

Yeah, I heard of Riven's animation, but then it took me weeks to notice Cait had changed as well, and I only learned that they had changed Soraka's yesterday lol

Nekofrog

Banned
0-1 in my promos, but shit that was a close game. My Wukong jukes were so legendary that the enemy jungler added me just to talk about them.

Speaking of Cass played against a really fed one in ARAM last night. We finally started diving her and won. I played Shyv that game and a game on SR. I really like playing Shyv, but it is too easy to get a big head when you are a dragon and stick around too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom