• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

Well it's more that her kit is that simple that it's hard to do well without the overloaded kits of some of the adcs. She has no escape, no repositioner, no real steroid, and such. She may not be hard to play mechanically, but there's more than mechanics needed to play well. I find someone like Lucian or Ezreal far easier to play well than Ashe, really.

Yeah. She's pretty safe only if you know what to do with what she offers (high range/tons of cc). That's why it's easier to do poorly as her because other safe carries such as ez are easier to be safe with.

If you play with me I'll show you.
Brise pls.

Well it's more that her kit is that simple that it's hard to do well without the overloaded kits of some of the adcs. She has no escape, no repositioner, no real steroid, and such. She may not be hard to play mechanically, but there's more than mechanics needed to play well. I find someone like Lucian or Ezreal far easier to play well than Ashe, really.

Yea I understand where you're coming from. But really...I don't understand how you can be bad with a champ that's little more than a long-range turret unless you simply don't understand the range or skills of the enemy team. Just hang back until all relevant CC has been dropped, throw your ult out, activate Q and go get some coffee while she right-clicks.

To me, it's easier to fail with someone like Jinx (if you can't land W she has no other gap-closing ability where ashe has Q and R) or Lucian (lunging forward at bad times, missing W) or someone like Trist where you have a bunch of randomass skills to manage than it is Ashe. Same with Ez. With your Q on, people can't get away from you. You don't have to worry about anything or think about anything. Those same escapes and repositioners that can be so helpful for the aforementioned Lucian, Jinx, Trist, Vayne, etc can be the things that get you killed. Steroids are just another button to have to remember to hit. Ashe's simplicity really makes for the most straight-forward (boring?) ADC experiences in the game. For good or for bad, imo.

Achtius

This is why you ban teemo:

teemowhy_zps8e83cbaf.png

brian!

caitlin negotiates aggro differently

oh wait you are talking about ashe
I think I always do something dumb against an ashe

ashe is a utility focused ad a la varus and sivir
its definitely easier to fail with these champs because if you blow your ult everyone laughs at you and most of your use is gone
all ads are pretty straightforward though

after a certain point spells are just stuff u do, tentacles on the octopus, it's prtty natural, and then you can think of kit vs kit rather than dang I have so many spells to press this champ must be hard

like saying that a mobility spell can be bad doesn't make that much sense if you are factoring in the idea that some ppl aren't dummies

Blizzard

Banned
and placements are done, 5-5

tbh played pretty bad on a lot of them, am 0-4 on gragas but I closed it up with a pretty commanding leona game so I guess it's alright. gold 2 isn't so bad since I was gold 1 0 lp, imma try get platinum and who knows, maybe diamond for season 5.

shyvanna's enforcers is pretty boring doe. riven's snipers was better lol
I guess the resets really were varied depending on MMR/rank last season. What was your final division last time?

I went 7/3 placements with like 5 wins in a row and some dominating Katarina scores and still went down from Gold V to Silver 1, so I must have been really low.

I also still really think that after the demotion from silver 1 to 2, the demotion from silver 2 to 3 happened instantly, not even any grace games at 0 LP. :S

Newt

Ashe is actually one of the harder ADCs to play.

Like in order from most difficult to least difficult.

Draven
Vayne
Twitch
Kog'Maw
Quinn
Urgot
Varus
Ashe
Jinx
Ezreal
Trist
Sivir
MF
Cait
Graves
Corki (This may have changed post Q)
Lucian

Blizzard

Banned
I've lost my last six ranked games. I've been at zero LP for a lot of them. I've got to be close to dropping out of S3.
How on earth...I lost maybe 3 games at 0 LP in Silver 1, then got instant demotion the next time I lost at 0 LP. Silver 2 was instant demotion when I lost at 0 LP. I guess it takes into account the hidden rating or whatever?

It seems kind of counterintuitive with Riot wanting to make things clearer or whatever, if you still get that sort of thing. I wish they could at least give you a "You will get demoted if you lose this game" warning, though maybe they are afraid people would try too hard.

This game so toxic. Mid and Jungle keep going at each other. We just ignore them and Brian carried.
Yup. I just had back to back games:

First game, the bottom lane duo had a raging adc. They complained when anyone ganked their lane from like, 4 minutes in, and Vayne literally starting typing crazy stuff in chat like "I hope you all die". The raging went on for most of the rest of the game (in addition to Vayne and/or the duo throwing by pushing alone the rest of the game, or suiciding alone against stuff like, enemy team with Fiddlesticks and no wards with Vayne running in front).

Very next game, mid lane Katarina raged basically past 8 minutes in. For the rest of the game, she tried to get everyone to give up, saying it was over, *another thing happens* well now it's over. Insulted possibly every player on the team, or MAYBE all but support. "cunt", "downsymdrom team" "downsymdrom panth" "fuck you".

I got harassed all that time for being "squishy ass amumu" with 120+ armor and magic resist...and yelled at all that time because I didn't have HP (I had not built that part of randuins yet).

The worst was constantly being yelled at to buy sunfire cape. Is it really that great of an item on Amumu? I thought people said sunfire was not very good right now.

Vayne apparently was getting reported by like 5 people, and hopefully at least a few reported the Katarina. I honestly can't even tell if anyone gets WARNED anymore. Basically every other game has someone screaming trash like this, and it seems like there should surely be some better option than completely disabling chat in game.

Achtius

Jungle never give blue to mid since he claim mid is bad.
Mid is bad because she can't do anything against morde without blue.

So they argue the whole game. So we kept telling them to keep playing. And then we somehow won.

The lesson is keep trying
if closer is on your team

So they argue the whole game. So we kept telling them to keep playing. And then we somehow won.

and I just let irelia freefarm until I got out of laning phase and was able to steal a few kills.

darius mechanics

Draven
Vayne
Twitch
Kog'Maw
Quinn
Urgot
Varus
Ashe
Jinx
Ezreal
Trist
Sivir
MF
Cait
Graves
Corki (This may have changed post Q)
Lucian
Ehhhhhh... I hear you my man. I just don't see it.

Harder to carry a game with, sure. She needs more setup than most to get kills pre-6 (and after 6, tbh). But harder to play? Nah. Ashe can certainly be...how can I say...more easily rendered ineffective than other carries I'll agree...but I just can't get behind her being harder. I just can't. Maybe I'm just defining "hard" differently. idk. We can agree to disagree on this one.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm not even kidding, I would rather play against Diamond ranked players than the intermediate bots in this game. Jesus.

Mothman91

Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Draven
Corki(gutter trash)
We all know you had this as your actual list.

Newt

what's wrong with da corkirino.
-Super unoriginal concept
-Annoying voice
-Kit that results in the champion being super strong, or super weak
-He's a yordle
-His mustache is really weak
- He would be nothing without his little ship thing, at least Heimer and Rumble are inventors
-His ultimate is really spammable and annoying
-He doesn't even look like a yordle. He's like some weird mutant gnome or something

Pros.
-Very satisfying death animation

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
-Super unoriginal concept
-Annoying voice
-Kit that results in the champion being super strong, or super weak
-He's a yordle
-His mustache is really weak
- He would be nothing without his little ship thing, at least Heimer and Rumble are inventors
-His ultimate is really spammable and annoying
-He doesn't even look like a yordle. He's like some weird mutant gnome or something

Pros.
-Very satisfying death animation

Rumble would get the stuffing beat out of him without the mech suit.

Tizoc

I decided to start playing this because my friends at work did, I never really cared for the game before but I'm slowly learning it.
When I reached Lvl. 5 I ended up unlocking extra characters. I unlocked the golden knight angel chick cuz she looked cool and her abilities interested me. I also had Garren/Garred unlocked.

I played 2 games with the angel and I figured her playstyle out but sadly lost miserably in those 2 games.

Last night before going to bed I decide to rock the knight...and I performed far better than in my last 2 games!
Like REALLY REALLY good, having performed well and our team winning, the best reaction to it I can say is the Banderas.GIF, but only beause I'm a total beginner.

Just wanted to share this, I've got a few more questions to ask but I gotta be AFK for a while so will ask them when I get back.

ALN1031

I decided to start playing this because my friends at work did, I never really cared for the game before but I'm slowly learning it.
When I reached Lvl. 5 I ended up unlocking extra characters. I unlocked the golden knight angel chick cuz she looked cool and her abilities interested me. I also had Garren/Garred unlocked.

I played 2 games with the angel and I figured her playstyle out but sadly lost miserably in those 2 games.

Last night before going to bed I decide to rock the knight...and I performed far better than in my last 2 games!
Like REALLY REALLY good, having performed well and our team winning, the best reaction to it I can say is the Banderas.GIF, but only beause I'm a total beginner.

Just wanted to share this, I've got a few more questions to ask but I gotta be AFK for a while so will ask them when I get back.

The beginning is always the toughest, but it's also the most fun! Learning the game and going "Whoa!" when someone does something you've never seen before is very fun. If you're just starting out with these kind of top-down games(MOBAs or w/e you want to call them), the first things you probably want to do is to get used to the controls. Getting used to unlocked camera, the ability shortcuts on the keyboard, and basically just getting used to the mechanics. If you're a total beginner, it might get daunting or the community might seem terrible at times when you do bad, but don't let it discourage you.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really should stop playing normals. running against 4 man challenger premades is just not fun. like I get it, you're hilarious for running nautilus mid but I shit all over your face and destroy you in lane and you cry I'm tryharding. like grow some fucking dignity

at least we had the craziest manliest olaf ever. dude went all tank items, tp'd into baron pit 1v5, got 2, taunted their corpses and we won the teamfight and the game. almost made the entire game worth it just for that

I so wished normals used ranked elo, it'd just make me stop playing with diamond trolls for once.

I guess the resets really were varied depending on MMR/rank last season. What was your final division last time?

I went 7/3 placements with like 5 wins in a row and some dominating Katarina scores and still went down from Gold V to Silver 1, so I must have been really low.

I also still really think that after the demotion from silver 1 to 2, the demotion from silver 2 to 3 happened instantly, not even any grace games at 0 LP. :S
like I said I was at gold 1 with 0 lp when they did the reset.

btw scores don't really matter for mmr, so if you went 7/3 and still went down, even if you had a 11:1 kda every game, it might be just the reset pulling you down a bit. sucks pretty hard since you have to do the big promo but at least it's just one division

Blizzard

Banned
I really should stop playing normals. running against 4 man challenger premades is just not fun. like I get it, you're hilarious for running nautilus mid but I shit all over your face and destroy you in lane and you cry I'm tryharding. like grow some fucking dignity

at least we had the craziest manliest olaf ever. dude went all tank items, tp'd into baron pit 1v5, got 2, taunted their corpses and we won the teamfight and the game. almost made the entire game worth it just for that

I so wished normals used ranked elo, it'd just make me stop playing with diamond trolls for once.
I haven't seen a gold border in literally probably weeks in ranked, you should join my level. :p

That Olaf moment sounds funny. I had a game that I lost that was still almost worth it for one moment -- a Morgana using the laugh emote while running away from the team up the mid lane. I flash-amumu-bandaged her past a broken tower to kill her, and she said it was "lucky". :p

brian!

the league system is kind of like
there is this bouncer who is supposed to let you into the cloughb and maybe he doesn't know you
"let's see how he kicks it on the dance floor"
so you are doing alright and winning all your dances so yeah, the bouncer nods his head you belong here mebbe you deserve to be in the vip
but if you are doing the worm in the bathroom he might have to let you leave, you don't really belong in this establishment
so after the placement matches they kind of test you out, with the picture in your id in mind
like if you look like the kind of guy who will str8 bother ppl but you are of drinking age they will let you have a shot but if you are stinking everything up you probably have to go to the silver club
even if you don't belong in the gold club and you are winning games, theyll give you +25 drink tickets, they want you to come back, they want you to belong, it's $, maybe your id is a ginuwine id and not a mclovin style id, maybe you have the platinum riot points card
but the bouncer will always know he is always watching and really dedicated to his job

if you are getting like +7 drink tickets per dance you are probably where you belong they don't want you to think you are better than you are or deserve more; if you can save up ur drinks tho, fuck heineken PABST BLU RIBBON, maybe they let you hang upstairs with justin timberlake and facebook

Tizoc

The beginning is always the toughest, but it's also the most fun! Learning the game and going "Whoa!" when someone does something you've never seen before is very fun. If you're just starting out with these kind of top-down games(MOBAs or w/e you want to call them), the first things you probably want to do is to get used to the controls. Getting used to unlocked camera, the ability shortcuts on the keyboard, and basically just getting used to the mechanics. If you're a total beginner, it might get daunting or the community might seem terrible at times when you do bad, but don't let it discourage you.

I'm not letting it, at best I just take them as learning experiences.
I take it Garren is the 'tank' type? Guess I'll focus on those, but I still want to try and learn the Support types.
The one thing I'm having a little trouble getting my head around is the whole 'guerilla' tactics where if u see an enemy hero you damage them a little then retreat.
I also need to start destroying turrets on a horizontal line, I keep focusing on one vertical lane XP

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't seen a gold border in literally probably weeks in ranked, you should join my level. :p

That Olaf moment sounds funny. I had a game that I lost that was still almost worth it for one moment -- a Morgana using the laugh emote while running away from the team up the mid lane. I flash-amumu-bandaged her past a broken tower to kill her, and she said it was "lucky". :p

I don't mind ranked so much these days since I can ban lee sin and I get matched against people of similar division/tier (pretty much all high golds/low plats), even if oftentimes they play questionable at best (today I had a nasus rush randuins against singed).

I mean I don't really like getting stomped by diamonds but at least if I get stomped I can move on with my life. I just hate it that I gotta have the most boring lane ever against nautilus mid or have a jungle galio on my team because these idiots think normals are just for trolling. but even worse when they get beaten because they're trolling they'll enter tryhard mode and flame you and either carry or throw the game completely.

in any case it's just not fun to be trolled over and over.

like I wonder if I could just dodge one or two normal games per day to tank my elo and go back to your regular solo queue idiots

Newt

I take it Garren is the 'tank' type? Guess I'll focus on those, but I still want to try and learn the Support types.
The one thing I'm having a little trouble getting my head around is the whole 'guerilla' tactics where if u see an enemy hero you damage them a little then retreat.
I also need to start destroying turrets on a horizontal line, I keep focusing on one vertical lane XP
Garen is really good for learning the bruiser role. I recommend Taric for learning support. Taric is like the jack of all trades for support champs. Draven and Sivir are the free ADCs at the moment, so I would give Sivir a shot. Try Draven too, but you might struggle with him in the first few games. Annie is a pretty good champ to learn how to mid. For jungle I would go with someone like Udyr.

I don't mind ranked so much these days since I can ban lee sin and I get matched against people of similar division/tier (pretty much all high golds/low plats), even if oftentimes they play questionable at best (today I had a nasus rush randuins against singed).

I mean I don't really like getting stomped by diamonds but at least if I get stomped I can move on with my life. I just hate it that I gotta have the most boring lane ever against nautilus mid or have a jungle galio on my team because these idiots think normals are just for trolling. but even worse when they get beaten because they're trolling they'll enter tryhard mode and flame you and either carry or throw the game completely.

in any case it's just not fun to be trolled over and over.

like I wonder if I could just dodge one or two normal games per day to tank my elo and go back to your regular solo queue idiots
Dodging doesn't effect elo. There's a reason I dodge every solo q match where someone picks Shen or Vayne on my team.

ALN1031

Yes, Garen is typically built as a tanky character, maybe with some offensive items mixed in. What part of the "guerilla tactics"(I just call it harassing) are you having trouble with? I don't think people jungle at around that level, so I'm going to assume this is all in a lane. Basically, you damage the enemy while minimizing the damage they can return to you. Typically this is done when the enemy is busy, such as they are hitting something else, or when they have a spell they just used, so they can't use it if you fight them soon. You repeat this a bunch of times, culminating in either the enemy getting low enough for you to kill, or them leaving the lane and losing on exp and gold. One thing to be careful of in doing this is that the enemy minions will attack you when you attack the enemy champion, and minions can do enough damage to kill you early on, so try not to harass while there are a lot of them.

Also, in my opinion, taking a lane all the way to the inner turrets or taking all the outer ones first depends on what you need. There are situations in which you want to serve as a distraction, as in you take all the towers in a lane by yourself while your team does stuff elsewhere, and as this is typically done with people that are hard to kill(i.e. Garen), you will probably draw the attention of more than one enemy and your team can use this opportunity elsewhere. This is referred to as split pushing. So they both have advantages, but taking all the outer ones does allow you to move through the map far more freely.

I also now realize that I probably went off on too many tangents and might have confused you. If this is the case, please disregard anything that confused you and just enjoy yourself. It will come eventually. Feel free to read this again when it does too!

Sona is more of a jack-of-all-trades support than Taric imho; slows, heals, pokes, speedups and a stun. Garen is a pretty good tank type for beginners. People don't really know how to kite early on so you can just go ham.

I would really advise learning to mute bad people. It's never worth trying to argue with them.

Dodging doesn't effect elo.
Yes, this is why there a gimmick accounts that are Bronze V but have Diamond/Challenger MMR. They just dodge all promos.

Tizoc

Nah I gathered the gist of what you posted =)
Today I'll attempt to reach Lvl. 6 so I can start playing with my friend I'll try out those other characters too tho.

brian!

feel like when i play w/ some ppl it's all drag me to hell
but im in a queue right now with someone playing draft for the first time and everyone is being nice real elo heaven

Nah I gathered the gist of what you posted =)
Today I'll attempt to reach Lvl. 6 so I can start playing with my friend I'll try out those other characters too tho.

If you like tanky characters you may want to try Malphite and Shen. I believe they are currently free.
Similar to Garren (tanky/bruiser) and with a low IP price (1350 I think) you can have Jax.
He's rather easy to learn and play.

I remember when I started a few months back. First time I saw someone play Zed it was hilarious, I had no idea what that champion did and he just juked our entire team for days. Like really obvious jukes I would never fall for now and our entire team would run after him.

The way I learned was every match I would alt-tab in the loading screen and look up the champions on the other team on the lol wiki if I didn't know what they did. I just did that every game until I learned the skills of every champion in the game. I still do it sometimes if I'm up against something I'm not sure about, but being a jungle main it's pretty rare I need to anymore.

Garen is a good champion to start with, but if you want to have some fun try learning Tryndamere. I mained him until I discovered Jax, Tryn is easier to play though.

Definitely worth picking a role and sticking with it. Top lane Warwick was one of my favourites when I started because new players don't know how to play against his ult.

Leezard

I have started playing Lulu recently. She sure can hold her own down in bot lane, and her matchup against Thresh is quite nice.

Boken

Banned
If you like tanky characters you may want to try Malphite and Shen. I believe they are currently free.
Similar to Garren (tanky/bruiser) and with a low IP price (1350 I think) you can have Jax.
He's rather easy to learn and play.

why would you recommend shen

why

Ferga

When you play Shen, you play as the crutch/walking stick for an unwounded body.

You don't need it but whatever, i'll use it for a couple of minutes until i get bored of it.

Just play renekton if you want to play tank. He has everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom