• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodging doesn't effect elo. There's a reason I dodge every solo q match where someone picks Shen or Vayne on my team.

In all honesty I need to doge more. I dodged last night when I could tell it was over in champ select and the 5 mins sacrifice was worth it.

If all hope is lost early in the draft (say, two people lock in mid) then sometimes you can get someone else to dodge by picking a troll pick. I remember one lobby one guy was going to feed and two people had locked mid, so I locked in Soraka jungle. At the end I basically waited with my cursor over the quit button playing a game of chicken with the reasonable people in the lobby, and it got to 2 seconds before they dodged.

Sometimes a good way to dodge without wasting your single dodge of the day. Nothing is worse than knowing you have feeders before you play and nobody else being willing to dodge and you being unable to.

Tizoc

If you like tanky characters you may want to try Malphite and Shen. I believe they are currently free.
Similar to Garren (tanky/bruiser) and with a low IP price (1350 I think) you can have Jax.
He's rather easy to learn and play.

Will try Malphite then thanks.

If all hope is lost early in the draft (say, two people lock in mid) then sometimes you can get someone else to dodge by picking a troll pick.

This used to be my back-up plan but it seems that most people have gravitated towards the 'fuck it, i'll lose LP either way' mind set and so don't doge.

The most offensive thing for me is if I lock-in support when we have some premades and they either lock in support as well or leave. 'Guys, you seem like the type who check Lolking in the lobby, check my Nami stats you fucking morons dfdgfdsahgrtwhfdsghr'

/rant

I'm starting to have greater understanding of my friends who just group up and play normals for fun instead of ranked. No pressure, just have fun, try stupid builds, don't have people flaming you. Sometimes there is an itch to play solo queue though.

Pretty big gaps in maturity in solo queue though sadly. If they could sort players by age it might be a good start. I can instantly assume the guy begging and spamming chat for us to let him mid and to check his lolking is <16 or has serious issues.

Anything change in the meta in the last couple weeks? Today was the first time I played in a bit, although I've been following LCS the entire time. I'm assuming Pantheon and Kayle are more popular? I think I'll just keep spamming Vi and Elise jungle. It was good coming back to it after time off, letting ranked start to sort itself out after the reset. Went 5-0 today (only two games were ranked) and in the ranked games it just seemed unfair, I pretty much stomped. 18-5-14 between the two ranked games, and the second game was a 4v5 for the first 20 minutes with our adc missing. Hoping it will stay like that as I climb back to where I was.

The worst was constantly being yelled at to buy sunfire cape. Is it really that great of an item on Amumu? I thought people said sunfire was not very good right now.
lol no. Even before it got nerfed I wouldn't recommend it.

Rule of thumb: never, EVER listen to Vayne and Katarina players. They prove time and time again that they're scum.

Nev

Banned
Draven - The difficulty comes more from a flawed design perspective of making a character that has to move constantly in a click game. But yea, he's one of the hardest anyways, not sure if the hardest though.
Vayne - Hahaha. What exactly is hard about this bitch? Farming? Because that's the only thing I can think of, and it's not enough to be considered hard, let alone second hardest.
Twitch - Somehow agree, but now that stealth is actually useful he's not that hard.
Kog'Maw - Higher than Vayne
Quinn - ok
Urgot - Much higher than Vayne
Varus - ok
Ashe - ok
Jinx - ok
Ezreal - how the fuck is Ezreal lower than Vayne or Ashe?
Trist - enormous jump with reset, knock up/auto-peel ult, long autoattack range. Definitely the easiest garbage.
Sivir - ok
MF - ok
Cait - ok
Graves - ok
Corki (This may have changed post Q) - wtf? Higher than Vayne for sure
Lucian - not even close to being the easiest

ok = still higher than Vayne. Biased list; not valid.

I feel like the ego stroking cockbags that mained Vayne migrated to Jinx.

If you mean "everyone has migrated to Jinx" then yeah, that's pretty accurate.

I feel like you guys need to qualify your statements, but it's almost more amusing to see you not. It's pretty obvious one of you is talking about "difficulty" as in, "The number of moment-to-moment choices that must be made playing a champion and how harsh the consequences of making the wrong choices is," while the other is talking about "difficulty" as in, "How hard it is to win with this champion if you're playing them well."

As in, mechanical difficulty versus strategic difficulty.

garath

I have to stop playing normals. Seriously. I keep saying this but it just keeps happening. I need to just stop looking at that little number that goes up and down and just play ranked. It seems every other normal draft game I get into, I'm the lone man in a 4 man premade where there's player skill levels from bronze to diamond. Generally it makes for a less enjoyable game. Especially when I'm the only one attempting to communicate IN-GAME.

Just last night I got in one of those. I was Jinx. We lost and at the end of the game I get all of them raging at me "and AGAIN the random loses us the game", "Why do you focus the tank?" (regarding the last teamfight where I was doing my best to kite a HUGELY fed Mundo with ult going straight at me), etc etc. I can normally let that stuff slide but the scoreboard spoke volumes. Only the mid TF had more gold than me and I did the most champion damage on the team. I was involved in almost every single team kill.

I have no doubt I could have played better. There's at least 3 or 4 instances where I facepalmed because I knew I did something stupid but to blame the loss on me? (1/9 kennen top vs that mundo.... yeah) It was a team loss. And that's exactly what I said. "You're the damage dealer, it was your fault". /sigh.

In ranked at least you get a more even player skill and no 4 man premades. Worst is dealing with that high low duo. I keep saying I'm just going to do it but when I queue up I find myself not wanting to put up with the raging and constant FOTM champ selections (there's a Vi in every single game). Plus I can't help myself and I always feel a little more stressed trying to play well.

Haven't played in a few days, still feel bleh over failures in ranked. Friends have been helpful, but I was still not sure I wanted to play at all any more.

Then we had a normal game last night. Was gonna play GP top but one of them really wanted Teemo top, I had already locked in so I went jungle. Started out very slow, 0/0/0 for ages. Turned around a losing top lane with a lucky shroom -> GP ult combination, snowballed hard after I met Trundle near an empty midlane. Trundle couldn't duel me (???) and I got a kill on a low LeBlanc soon after. The build was super dodgy but whatever, I'll take it. For some reason felt compelled to sing Guile's Theme at the top of my voice during every gank and teamfight. Thank goodness my friends don't mind my bursts of obnoxiousness too much.

6iqtP2X.png

Feels so good to be back. I never listen to my own damn advice (play what's fun) and I really should.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
I swear the secret to solo que is to be smart about yourself and pacing. I'll give some examples because they have nothing to do with the game.

If I have a bad day at work, I don't play ranked. If the commute home takes two hours (I just moved to Houston and live with a friend 30 miles from work), I don't play ranked. If my mechanics feel weak or my fingers feel slow, I don't play ranked. I don't play when I feel mentally sluggish. And the most ranked matches I've played in a day was four, and that was only once. I also quit while I'm ahead. Yesterday I won a match where I made some mental errors and my fingers were ice cold, and decided to stop the ranked play before the house won.

I do play when I feel pretty good. The good vibes rub off on the game and my teammates to the point where we work together and don't flame. This means I'm ranking up really slow, but I have yet to suffer any real setback. I know I can't maintain the 80% win rate I've had since placements, but I can minimize the damage.

Newt

I swear the secret to solo que is to be smart about yourself and pacing. I'll give some examples because they have nothing to do with the game.

If I have a bad day at work, I don't play ranked. If the commute home takes two hours (I just moved to Houston and live with a friend 30 miles from work), I don't play ranked. If my mechanics feel weak or my fingers feel slow, I don't play ranked. I don't play when I feel mentally sluggish. And the most ranked matches I've played in a day was four, and that was only once. I also quit while I'm ahead. Yesterday I won a match where I made some mental errors and my fingers were ice cold, and decided to stop the ranked play before the house won.

I do play when I feel pretty good. The good vibes rub off on the game and my teammates to the point where we work together and don't flame. This means I'm ranking up really slow, but I have yet to suffer any real setback. I know I can't maintain the 80% win rate I've had since placements, but I can minimize the damage.
Leona and Nasus on the same team. Good luck.

heytred

Neo Member
A halo friend is a friend of mine, welcome.

Thoughts on halo 4? Also I thought zero bloom MLG reach was really good.

Sorry to get to this so late. I actually loved NBNS Reach, other than probably during Halo 2 that was my 'Halo Prime'. I felt dominant on those settings (I've actually got a few montages from that time period on YouTube). Halo 4 however was atrocious to me. I played for about a month and then sold it along with my Xbox and started playing PC games exclusively. I'm excited for Destiny and the idea of Halo 2 Anniversary, but I think my competitive ventures are PC exclusive at this point.

Nice to meet you btw!

Moodmon

Neo Member
Moaning about matchmaking in normals. At least you have a choice. Meanwhile I am stuck at the hump playing golds and silvers with the level 5 alt in their party.

At least normals have taught me to never never ever build elder lizard on Vi. Every time I do it we lose. Still, I am getting better, doing a small bit of counter jungling and trying to just pick a full tank if team squishy. Sadly I only really have Rammus so I cleared about three camps the entire game.

Did not realise Elise was free. Tried her. His the devil do I Elise. Not the build or skill order, but actually using the skills. I assume I am meant to human w,q then spider w,q to clear camps, but it all seems much more chaotic than my usual choice of Vi.

I think I have Amumu but he just feels a bit meh to play. Any suggestions on other junglers to try and pick up? I am still rubbish, so I guess Elise and Lee Sin will be a bit too mechanically difficult for me. Unless I just need practice on them I guess.

Newt

Moaning about matchmaking in normals. At least you have a choice. Meanwhile I am stuck at the hump playing golds and silvers with the level 5 alt in their party.

At least normals have taught me to never never ever build elder lizard on Vi. Every time I do it we lose. Still, I am getting better, doing a small bit of counter jungling and trying to just pick a full tank if team squishy. Sadly I only really have Rammus so I cleared about three camps the entire game.

Did not realise Elise was free. Tried her. His the devil do I Elise. Not the build or skill order, but actually using the skills. I assume I am meant to human w,q then spider w,q to clear camps, but it all seems much more chaotic than my usual choice of Vi.

I think I have Amumu but he just feels a bit meh to play. Any suggestions on other junglers to try and pick up? I am still rubbish, so I guess Elise and Lee Sin will be a bit too mechanically difficult for me. Unless I just need practice on them I guess.
Tbh, Elise isn't that mechanically hard. Just learn to hit your Es, and memorize the cooldowns of each form.

heytred

Neo Member
Suggestions on a new bot ADC to learn/play today? I have Twitch but have never used him and have experience with Jinx (my main so far), Caitlyn, and Sivir. Also thinking about trying Draven while he's free. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also played a few games with Tristana. Who are your favorite ADC Champs?

Newt

Suggestions on a new bot ADC to learn/play today? I have Twitch but have never used him and have experience with Jinx (my main so far), Caitlyn, and Sivir. Also thinking about trying Draven while he's free. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also played a few games with Tristana. Who are your favorite ADC Champs?
image.php

There's nothing stopping you. Report back after a game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom