• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytred

Neo Member
image.php

There's nothing stopping you. Report back after a game. :p

lmao will do. I'm about to go to class so it will be later this evening, but I'll cap a couple screens of stat lines. =P

garath

Strangely, I enabled VODs on my twitch account but they never get recorded. Iunno why.

I also can't view you in mobile even though I'm a follower. It's very frustrating.

It seems twitch cuts features and visibility for streamers with limited views. Guess the only option is to grass roots yourself to a higher level.

Nekofrog

Banned
Oh, well. It was a messy early game followed by a dominating mid and end game. Glass cannon Wu melts pretty quickly, but he also absolutely shreds anything he comes into contact with.

I also can't view you in mobile even though I'm a follower. It's very frustrating.

It seems twitch cuts features and visibility for streamers with limited views. Guess the only option is to grass roots yourself to a higher level.

Tested it on the mobile app with my phone, and it loads. Funny enough, it had a video ad beforehand that stated "this ad helps support nekofrog!" wat

Xetherion

Suggestions on a new bot ADC to learn/play today? I have Twitch but have never used him and have experience with Jinx (my main so far), Caitlyn, and Sivir. Also thinking about trying Draven while he's free. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also played a few games with Tristana. Who are your favorite ADC Champs?

Definitely give Draven a try. He might be a little too hard for you right now but you won't know until you try. My favorite adc's are, from most to least:

Jinx
Vayne
Draven
Ezreal
Caitlyn
Varus
Tristana
Twitch

Ashe and Sivir aren't bad. Not fun to play though, for me anyway.

I also used to like Miss Fortune and Kog Maw a lot but they aren't very good really. MF's kit is just outclassed by most these days and Kog requires too much protection. Both basically require the entire team to be built around them, MF for her ult and Kog for protecting him.

Nekofrog

Banned
Went botlane as Thresh against an ADC who took ignite. You go against bot lanes with the standard barrier/flash combo for so long that you just stop looking at their summoners, so when he ignited me I literally yelled "WHAT THE FUCK", then knew to just keep hitting him since he had no barrier.

No reason not to at least try Draven. As much as I bag on about them, I'd actually say with your current pool of ADCs you should try out Ezreal or Lucian though, heytred. As long as you don't become reliant on them as a crutch, knowing how to use an ADC with strong escapes so you can fend for yourself when your team comp can't peel is important. A good hand at Lucian can be a great fallback against Olaf picks and the like.

Though, you've probably gotten a decent taste for that from Caitlyn already.

garath

Oh, well. It was a messy early game followed by a dominating mid and end game. Glass cannon Wu melts pretty quickly, but he also absolutely shreds anything he comes into contact with.

Tested it on the mobile app with my phone, and it loads. Funny enough, it had a video ad beforehand that stated "this ad helps support nekofrog!" wat

Weird. It wouldn't show up in my normal "Following" page, I had to go to "all" or something like that. I can't seem to replicate it right now. Maybe the latest twitch update made all right in the world. I'll try to watch next time!

heytred

Neo Member
First game with Draven didn't start off so well... matched up with Thresh support versus Lux/Lucian. I was down 0/3/1 and our jungle refused to give us some early lane leverage. Rubber-banded that shit come midgame and finished 8/5/15 and had a Quadra kill snatched by some twat Yasuo. -_-

Took me a few minutes to get Draven's mechanics down, but I think I've got a pretty good understanding going into my second game. Abuse E > Q early lane seems like the ticket.

EDIT: Congrats Leezard!

Seriously, have you ever seen someone try to explain anything non-mechanical about the game to DoubleLift? He probably has to carpet a hooker every night just to get by.

idlewild_

So I bought The Draven. I'm confused how I get both (two?) axes spinning at once, though?

Keep catching your first axe until Q comes off cooldown and activate it again for another spinning axe. You can actually have 3 up at a time if you activate it while one axe is in the air and you have enough attack speed and ms to catch them all.

brian!

q refreshes your axe time too and also it's usually better to just hold on to one axe instead of trying to get 3 by juggling all the time
you can hit a tower with q on and it refreshes the timer too
other ppl can see where your axes will land so it's usually a death trap in team fights but he also loses all his damage without axes

Tbh, Elise isn't that mechanically hard. Just learn to hit your Es, and memorize the cooldowns of each form.
I know what they mean though, Elise has so many options it's a bit overwhelming. For clearing jungle you want to human q-w, then spider form with, then spider q to finish. Also remember to use your spiderings to tank damage, I didn't do that for the longest time but it helps so much for staying healthy in the jungle. With a good leash I can often get to level 3 without needing a health pot.

For ganks, the key is to not overwhelm yourself. After your initial clear, walk up in human form from a flank, and just q and then we while autoing with your red buff. When they flash or use a gap closer, then shoot out your cocoon. Then you switch to spider form, q to jump onto them and then w. Then you chase, flash q them when they try escape under turret and then rappel to safety.

If you can land your cocoon, get off your q/w damage, and then get on them in spider form, it should be more than enough to get a kill most times.

drawkcaB

I know what they mean though, Elise has so many options it's a bit overwhelming. For clearing jungle you want to human q-w, then spider form with, then spider q to finish. Also remember to use your spiderings to tank damage, I didn't do that for the longest time but it helps so much for staying healthy in the jungle. With a good leash I can often get to level 3 without needing a health pot.

For ganks, the key is to not overwhelm yourself. After your initial clear, walk up in human form from a flank, and just q and then we while autoing with your red buff. When they flash or use a gap closer, then shoot out your cocoon. Then you switch to spider form, q to jump onto them and then w. Then you chase, flash q them when they try escape under turret and then rappel to safety.

If you can land your cocoon, get off your q/w damage, and then get on them in spider form, it should be more than enough to get a kill most times.

I don't think you can generalize Elise's ganks like that. Starting our human form->cocoon or spiderform->rappel is situational.

Zynx

Couple questions for which if anyone has the answers, I'd be grateful:

I've heard of odd things like how Tristana is actually considered at her original location when she jumps while her model is arcing through the air, is this true? So if I were to try to CC her mid-jump, I aim at where she started? Are there other champs to which this applies? Actually, the champion I'm most interested in how things work is Leona, because I want to aqua prison her when she uses her zenith blade...

Does the new Evelynn E proc on-hit effects like the blade of the ruined king passive? Twice, even? I assumed it didn't but I've seen some mention of it doing so, and it this was the case, I'd have to crunch the numbers about using it vs gunblade again, which I've been favoring.

Couple questions for which if anyone has the answers, I'd be grateful:

I've heard of odd things like how Tristana is actually considered at her original location when she jumps while her model is arcing through the air, is this true? So if I were to try to CC her mid-jump, I aim at where she started? Are there other champs to which this applies? Actually, the champion I'm most interested in how things work is Leona, because I want to aqua prison her when she uses her zenith blade...

Tristana's jump allows her to pass through terrain but does not change her properties in terms of being affected by ground-placed/targeted effects; basically, she's considered to be on the ground for the entirety of the "jump", meaning that she will still be hit normally by an Unstoppable Force, trigger Cait/Nidalee traps, etc. You still have to hit the actual position of her model in-flight, it's just that if you do she may be returned to her starting location if bound/stunned before she registers as having arrived at her target location.

You want to drop an Aqua Prison on Leona's destination target during Zenith Blade, because Zenith Blade will override rooting effects or stuns applied to her and take her to the end of the "dash" (whereupon they will take effect) regardless.

What you're probably thinking of is repositional effects (Condemn, Dragon's Rage, Buster Shot, etc.); for some instances a repositional effect will use the champion's original position to determine where they end up, rather than the position they targeted with a movement ability in-progress, so for instance you can get some whacky rubber-band effects by using Jayce's hammer slam on a Dragon's Descending Shyvana or Lee Sin's Dragon's Rage kick on a Zenith Blade-ing Leona. You're still targeting the champion themselves, not the location where they were, it's just that the effect is applied as if they were still in the position they were in when it activated.

Does the new Evelynn E proc on-hit effects like the blade of the ruined king passive? Twice, even? I assumed it didn't but I've seen some mention of it doing so, and it this was the case, I'd have to crunch the numbers about using it vs gunblade again, which I've been favoring.
No, it's a spell. BorK just works because of the massive ASPD steroid she gains from E.

I don't think you can generalize Elise's ganks like that. Starting our human form->cocoon or spiderform->rappel is situational.

Of course. But when I first started playing elise, I was overwhelmed with the options available and made some pretty embarrassing plays. Usually you will want to start in human form. I find rappelling in is ideal for counterganking scenarios.

Sorry, but Pantheon's crossed the ten game threshold of professional play and is now considered "meta". You're no longer permitted to enjoy him. You can still play him, but it has to be a chore.

drawkcaB

Of course. But when I first started playing elise, I was overwhelmed with the options available and made some pretty embarrassing plays. Usually you will want to start in human form. I find rappelling in is ideal for counterganking scenarios.

Interesting. When I was learning Elise I'd avoid starting with cocoon unless it was in an ambush situation (e.g. lane gank in a pushed lane). I kept saving cocoon after the target started to run away since after rappeling in I would be closer and running targets tend to be easier to hit anyways. Probably picked up that habit playing Nautilus and saving the hook until after flash had been blown.

Jesus would never split-push top during a team fight. He was a stand-up guy.

Puh-lease. Jesus went AFK for 3 days. Super toxic duder.

brian!

rappel is good for getting close, to burst to stun whatever
walking up as human is not bad if you are flanking or close already, I'm also kinda partial to the whole I have to human q them first if they have a lot of health left, but I'm trying to get out of that habit
u should cocoon if you think it's going to hit duh

Okay, so he has a bad habit of getting caught out even when he has vision, and I'm still not convinced taking Revive is the right call, but otherwise the guy's a top shelf support. I'd carry for him any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom