• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

OgKZcEP.png
Don't even promote this...

Tizoc

i still feel like I'm in the 'learning and improving' phase of LoL. I've gotten a handle of Garren, but sadly I barely have much time to read and decide on the equipment to use, especially with the recommended ones.

My last match of the previous night was interesting.
It lasted near an hour (making me have a 5ish hour sleep before waking up for work), we started out OK, but halfway through the opposition started fucking us up, most turrets destroyed etc. heck they even managed to reach our Nexus.
We persisted though, I managed to destroy one of the main base turrets, and from there we kept the offensive and then boom, nexus destroyed. It was quite hectic during that final push.

ALN1031

i still feel like I'm in the 'learning and improving' phase of LoL. I've gotten a handle of Garren, but sadly I barely have much time to read and decide on the equipment to use, especially with the recommended ones.

It lasted near an hour (making me have a 5ish hour sleep before waking up for work), we started out OK, but halfway through the opposition started fucking us up, most turrets destroyed etc. heck they even managed to reach our Nexus.
We persisted though, I managed to destroy one of the main base turrets, and from there we kept the offensive and then boom, nexus destroyed. It was quite hectic during that final push.

Yeah, the items might seem confusing at first, but they should be a lot simpler later on. LoL actually has very few items that are truly useful for whatever role you're playing. For now, just using the recommended items and maybe using another item if you feel like you really need it is the best way to go.

DeadNames

Banned
Newt, you know how you feel about Lucian?

Yeah, that's how I feel about Shyvana. Jesus Christ I hate this champion so much. Worse than Nid, worse than Kayle, worse than Renekton.

I looked at your lolking and noticed you really like Morellonomicon on Garen. Don't get it on him since the only stat he can use from it is cooldown reduction. Garen has other options for that, like Black Cleaver which is really good on him.

Also, never get more than one boots.

Newt

Yeah, that's how I feel about Shyvana. Jesus Christ I hate this champion so much. Worse than Nid, worse than Kayle, worse than Renekton.
I don't hate Lucian though. I just think his kit is too easy to use.

I hate Corki, Kennen and Jayce. Thankfully they're all pretty weak atm.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jayce was horrible for the game when he was good and Manamune was powerful.

Tizoc

I looked at your lolking and noticed you really like Morellonomicon on Garen. Don't get it on him since the only stat he can use from it is cooldown reduction. Garen has other options for that, like Black Cleaver which is really good on him.

Also, never get more than one boots.

Gotcha. Bad habit of mine was that I forgot Garen doesn't even USE mana XP.

Tizoc

OK so in one game I'll go with the Item shop's recommended (Defense) list, in another I will attempt to go with these items:
Sunfire Cape (first item to make)

After that I have the following to forge-
Randuin's Omen
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Wit's End
Black Cleaver (Maybe I should aim to forge this one 2nd?)
Spirit Visage
Warmog's Armor (Or maybe this? By then Garren'd have so much health he'd be ready for other equipment)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
OK so in one game I'll go with the Item shop's recommended (Defense) list, in another I will attempt to go with these items:

Randuin's Omen
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Wit's End
Spirit Visage
Warmog's Armor (Or maybe this? By then Garren'd have so much health he'd be ready for other equipment)
http://www.solomid.net/guide/view/43750-garen-build-guide-fighter-by-marinerevenge

|OT6| League of Corki

Just had a really fun game. Somehow my team of Diana jungle (me), Teemo top, Riven mid, Ezreal/Leona bot won against a team of Shen/Hecarim/Ziggs/Cait/Taric. And the Ziggs got really fed. The confusing thing for me was that we won in the late game when we had no tanks and they had two. Satan's shrooms were amazing though, the enemy carries were low before teamfights started. Teemo was typically selfish though, one teamfight by top Teemo just ignored and farmed his lane. We didn't have anyone fed until I started to outscale everyone and finished 17-9. Still not sure on the best builds for Diana jungle. I went Spectral Wraith>Sorc boots>Lich Bane>Void Staff>Zhonyas>GA. Might have been interesting to swap out Zhonyas with Nashors or Lich Bane with Rabadons. I can never decide if I prefer Lich bane or not, it certainly helps in 1v1s and against towers, but means it takes a bit longer to get to the point where I can assassinate people.

Their Ziggs was huge but pretty stupid to not build a Zhonyas. Late game teamfights I just wrecked him and Cait.

Tizoc

Various sites and image hosters are blocked at work so I'ma ask here:
WTF do Gank and Jungle mean? Gank sounds like a rude slang word...

Ganking is when you create a numbers mismatch in a lane to try and get a kill. So if you're in the middle lane, it's 1v1. If someone else from your team comes into the lane to try and kill the enemy champion, that is a gank. Usually ganks will come from the side or behind in an effort to flank the enemy, although certain champions can gank from behind (this is called a lane gank).

The jungle is the area of the map between the lanes and river. There are enemies that spawn there, and the jungler is a role where instead of going to a lane, you kill those enemies to get gold and experience instead. The advantage of this is that the jungler is free to roam around the map, which means it's easy for them to gank lanes.

Jungle are all the areas between your lanes where you can find neutral monsters.

The jungler is the player/champion who spends his time roaming and killing neutral monsters, as opposed to laners who stay in the lane to farm. Junglers apply pressure on laners by virtue of being missing in the map. They also secure objectives in the game (the buffs, baron and dragon).

Gank is when the jungler goes to a lane for a surprise attack. It's usually the jungler that ganks, but sometimes laners do it too (usually the mid laner).

I would recommend against jungling for beginners. You need to have general feel for the game first.

Tizoc

Aha thanks.

EDIT1: So after a little research, I got to considering: If my opponents have lots of magic users I won't consider using magic defense. If they have 3+ then i will get a balance of armor+magic defese equipment.

EDIT2: Gonna try using this set up in a match someday:
Start with: Sunfire Cape>Thornmail
Then get: Warmog Armor>Wit's End>Spirit Visage>Black Cleaver

That reminds me is the amount of health you recover at base fixed? Like for each second I am recovering 10% of my max health?

Nekofrog

Banned
Thornmail is a very situational item. It's preferred against the auto attack reliant ADCs (Cait, Jinx prolly), and even then only as a third or fourth item.

That reminds me is the amount of health you recover at base fixed? Like for each second I am recovering 10% of my max health?

Your health recovery is fixed at a given level. You won't ever recover as much as 10%/s. Some items will increase your hp recovery as well as masteries and some champs' skills.

Tizoc

Your health recovery is fixed at a given level. You won't ever recover as much as 10%/s. Some items will increase your hp recovery as well as masteries and some champs' skills.

Mhmm, say is Atma's Impaler still bugged? Would be cool to have an armor that also offered a decent attack boost.

Also you should be getting boots as your 2nd or 3rd item in every game. Sometimes you might sell them at the end of a really long (50 minutes +) game for a Zephyr but don't worry about that.

Generally against a team with both ap and ad damage, getting Sunfire/Spirit Visage/Randuins is enough. It's popular to build Thornmail after that on some of the really tanky champions like Dr Mundo or Shyvana, because armor helps you tank turrets easier.

Really though all items are situational. I learned to play watching Voyboy's videos, and I'd recommend the same to beginners, because he always explains why he's buying certain items and he often tries different things with his build. It all depends on the game. If you're the tank and you built a sunfire cape first, if their only ap champion is really behind you might build a randuins omen, but if their ap champion is really strong you might build a spirit visage. It's all reactionary to what is happening in the game.

Shyvanna can easily be handled and she's not THAT strong. Nidalee on the other hand can single-handedly win games with good spears (still) and Kayle is much more annoying for melee's than Dragon Lady.

Randuin's Omen
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Wit's End
Spirit Visage
I know it's on the recommended items list, but don't go for Sunfire Cape. If you want a damage item, buy something proper and Garen's E is already sufficient for basic minion wave clear. If you want your first armor item, you already have Randuin's Omen to cover the same type of defensive stats (only with more bang for buck). If you want a second armor item for late game, you could go Atmas if you're purchasing Warmog's later on for certain (or have done so already), or Thornmail for damage that isn't absolutely pitiful once enemy champions start hitting you with auto-attacks.

Hell, ignore Sunfire Cape on anyone. Most players use it as a crutch due to their stubborn old ways so don't pay attention to them.

DeadNames

Banned
Shyvanna can easily be handled and she's not THAT strong. Nidalee on the other hand can single-handedly win games with good spears (still) and Kayle is much more annoying for melee's than Dragon Lady.

I know it's on the recommended items list, but don't go for Sunfire Cape. If you want a damage item, buy something proper and Garen's E is already sufficient for basic minion wave clear. If you want your first armor item, you already have Randuin's Omen to cover the same type of defensive stats (only with more bang for buck). If you want a second armor item for late game, you could go Atmas if you're purchasing Warmog's later on for certain (or have done so already), or Thornmail for damage that isn't absolutely pitiful once enemy champions start hitting you with auto-attacks.

Hell, ignore Sunfire Cape on anyone. Most players use it as a crutch due to their stubborn old ways so don't pay attention to them.

Its just so god damn infuriating being out damaged with a shyvana that has wardens mail and a dshield to my dblade and vamp scepter.

Honestly, I think aatrox is underpowered. He could really use some buffs.

Its just so god damn infuriating being out damaged with a shyvana that has wardens mail and a dshield to my dblade and vamp scepter.

Honestly, I think aatrox is underpowered. He could really use some buffs.
You're trying to kill a bruiser that has anti-auto attack items with a champ whose damage is mostly auto attacks, what the hell did you expect lol?

It doesn't even have to be Shyvana, you could do that against most bruisers in the game and the result will be the same.

DeadNames

Banned
You're trying to kill a bruiser that has anti-auto attack items with a champ whose damage is mostly auto attacks, what the hell did you expect lol?

It doesn't even have to be Shyvana, you could do that against most bruisers in the game and the result will be the same.

Her sustained damage is so good though.

In my opinion, auto attacks are too easy to counter. Tabis, thornmail, etc.

I mean after renekton does his combo, he can't do much. My sustained damage is higher than his burst. Mundo probably has comparable if not higher sustained damage but at least his early game is god awful.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
7-3.
Gold 2!

Thanks Newt

edit: also my pink ward lasted for the entire game. lol

Congrats!

Now I gotta somehow manage to hit gold again with this anti sona/nami meta. :(

Time to learn Leona.

They really need to reduce Hurricane's ASPD. Take out both Daggers, add some other tiny stat (4% MS?) then lower the price accordingly. It's best used for on hit, but Wits End, BorK and Nashor already give them.

Or add some other effect similar to Hydra.

There's SotD too. Why does it give ASPD, which is worthless during both active and cooldown?

Blizzard

Banned
They really need to reduce Hurricane's ASPD. Take out both Daggers, add some other tiny stat (4% MS?) then lower the price accordingly. It's best used for on hit, but Wits End, BorK and Nashor already give them.
Why not keep the attack speed, which is what people would want to begin with, but still lower the price or change the recipe?

Why not keep the attack speed, which is what people would want to begin with, but still lower the price or change the recipe?

Personally in the rare occasions that I pick it up (pretty much ARAM), I feel that I have too much ASPD. :/ It makes me wish I could put a bit of the gold somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom