• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay what am I missing. She Q'd Shen out of his Shadow Dash, then ulted Cait, knocking people in the way to the side.

What did I miss for all the "wowowow"'s in the comments section?

edit: oooh he flashed to catch fiddle in the knockup too. that was cool as hell.

just the presence of mind to notice that fiddle was channeling his ult, then the game knowledge to even know that was POSSIBLE, then the reaction time to pull it off at the right time...it's insane.

edit: that vi is silver v lol

That Vi play was insane. There are plenty of people in silver that can make plays a pro would be proud of, it's just consistency that they lack.

I felt terrible for the enemy Kass last game. I had picked Zed, but Kass was open, they pick Kass into me, I completely crush him (I think I had 6 solo kills in lane, dying once when I did a 1v2 tower dive). Feels like I'm smurfing, been just crushing my position nearly every game (the odd stinker but whatever), back into silver 4, at this rate I should be back where I was pretty soon.

Nearing 4800 gold, very tempted to get Swain, thoughts?

Tizoc

Noob question about Health Potion.
Say I activate it but I'm still taking damage from a champion, do I still get health regenerating as I'm taking damage?

Boken

Banned
Noob question about Health Potion.
Say I activate it but I'm still taking damage from a champion, do I still get health regenerating as I'm taking damage?
yes
That Vi play was insane. There are plenty of people in silver that can make plays a pro would be proud of, it's just consistency that they lack.

I felt terrible for the enemy Kass last game. I had picked Zed, but Kass was open, they pick Kass into me, I completely crush him (I think I had 6 solo kills in lane, dying once when I did a 1v2 tower dive). Feels like I'm smurfing, been just crushing my position nearly every game (the odd stinker but whatever), back into silver 4, at this rate I should be back where I was pretty soon.

only if you luv top lane

I bought Poppy today and tried a few games with her as a jungler.
I had a few fails but my last game this morning went rather well.

What is the general consensus about Poppy in general? in jungle?

Edwardo

I bought Poppy today and tried a few games with her as a jungler.
I had a few fails but my last game this morning went rather well.

What is the general consensus about Poppy in general? in jungle?

I think Type2 was running Poppy jungle for a while during the preseason. He should be able to give u some insight.

zkylon

zkylewd
Patch 4.2 this Tuesday.

Anything interesting in this patch?

renek and kha and yasuo and ziggs nerfs? maybe kassadin rework?

pretty boring patch

although...

Ashe_Splash_6.jpg

also probably xerath rework which sounds pretty cool but it's weird since the pbe version of xerath I think is unfinished?

same with skarner...

weird patch

Tizoc

Another noob question if you don't mind:
What does the term auto-attacker refer to exactly? And how would I know which character this applies to?
For Garren I have auto attack turned on for example from one of the options.

What does the term auto-attacker refer to exactly? And how would I know which character this applies to?

auto-attack (or "aa" sometimes) means the normal attacks of your champ. It is opposed to your skills. Basically 1 auto-attack = 1 swing of your sword.

Auto attacks are your regular attacks. A champion might be considered an auto attacker if they rely on that as their main form of damage. So Marksmen like Ashe, Tristana, Caitlyn are auto-attackers. Some other champions are too like Tryndamere. Someone that doesn't rely on auto attacks is usually called a caster. For example, Pantheon is an ad caster, Annie is an ap caster.

Oh OK, so long as I can recall which characters have good normal attack I can plan my item build.

You don't have to remember who. If you press tab during a match, it brings up a screen showing everyone's items. If they have lots of damage items (swords/bows/things that look like that) then their auto attacks will do lots of damage. If they have ability power items (hats, staffs, etc) then their abilities will do a lot of damage. If they have shields and armor then they will be hard to kill.

Oh OK, so long as I can recall which characters have good normal attack I can plan my item build.

You don't have to remember who. If you press tab during a match, it brings up a screen showing everyone's items. If they have lots of damage items (swords/bows/things that look like that) then their auto attacks will do lots of damage. If they have ability power items (hats, staffs, etc) then their abilities will do a lot of damage. If they have shields and armor then they will be hard to kill.

I'll add that if you press "o" the same window opens until you closed it (you have to keep tab pressed to keep the window open).
You can read the enemy's stuff description from this screen if you don't know some items. To do so just hover the mouse to the item you want to know about.
Also this window is updated everytime an enemy champ is visible by someone in your team. It means that sometimes the info will be outdated so keep that in mind.

Nekofrog

Banned
Had to dodge my first ranked game ever due to an asshole that refused to negotiate with the team that was looking good.

BugsPopeye: mid
00Wander00: adc
00Wander00: let me adc
00Wander00: we can win
00Wander00: im adc pref
00Wander00: we can carry
Jttttt: mid
BugsPopeye: let me mid ,thx
Jttttt: srry
BugsPopeye: no sy,i m afk
00Wander00: bug come
BugsPopeye: need 4 report
BugsPopeye: plz
00Wander00: go sup im carry u
BugsPopeye: i m done here
00Wander00: stop
00Wander00: im carry
BugsPopeye: i got mad last game
BugsPopeye: i dont give a shi t
LOCKS IN TF WITH CLEANSE/REVIVE
00Wander00: come
00Wander00: let jtt mid 20-1 annie
BugsPopeye: i m gonna sleep and unstall the game
BugsPopeye: hv fkin fun
00Wander00: come on
00Wander00: ok

Sitting at -1 LP right now because of this shit.

Tizoc

Wait why does the game let you know what your enemies have equipped? I can get if it's for my allies but isn't that rather advantegous to the opposion?

Boken

Banned
Wait why does the game let you know what your enemies have equipped? I can get if it's for my allies but isn't that rather advantegous to the opposion?

cant be advantageous if both teams have that ability

i suppose we cant say "why" except that its just how the game is.

one point though - your opponent's items dont update until the specific enemy has been seen on your map

Leezard

cant be advantageous if both teams have that ability

i suppose we cant say "why" except that its just how the game is.

one point though - your opponent's items dont update until the specific enemy has been seen on your map

Except if they buy while they're dead. If they do that, you will see their new items.

Tizoc

Well that's an effective tool I should start utilizing it when item crafting, though I'd only ever have the time to do so if I die.

Curiously enough, is it even possible to play a match and not die at all?
Or at least not die at all until say the End phase when sieging the nexus?

Nev

Banned

Terrible farmer early on, mediocre farmer later on. If you can get out of early game successfully (not underfarmed, with a kill or two) he's a beast.

My usual build (I've been playing him since he was considered garbage tier i.e. release): Doran or whatever starter item you use - basic boots - RoA (I finish it before boots) - sorc boots (or merc if needed) - Rabadon - whatever defensive item, Zhonya is the priority since you'll be getting in the middle of their team but sometimes I built Haunting Guise or Spirit Visage before (mostly when I was behind).

It's all about the W. If you're playing right, a successful W should mean a win of some kind, from mega-harrass or even kill mid to won teamfight. Use Q and E to help you farm early. They're not farm abilities but you need them to farm well. You can use Q for the last hit on a normal minion if for example your autoattack doesn't finish it when you thought it would, or just to finish a minion that has really low health. E starts doing damage immediately, so you can do the same with it and use it to kill large minions (because you will be upgrading E). You'll learn about this and get used when you play enough as Swain.

E-Q-W-R. You can upgrade W over Q if you want to use it as a farming tool, but... bleh. Flash + Ignite obviously. In teamfights go straight for the ADC, if you're farmed/fed enough and you get him with W, he's pretty much dead. The amount of damage from E + Q + R + Ignite is enormous if you've played right.

Everyone should have 'attack-move click' bound to a convenient button. Use it to order autoattacks, so you don't move like an idiot instead of attacking if you misclick. I use mouse button 3.

Bind 'only target enemy champions' to a convenient button as well. I use A. Hold it and you won't target minions when using attack-move click.

Ez kiting: hold A, rclick behind you, amoveclick in front of you, rclick behind you, amoveclick in front of you. Don't even have to aim if you don't want to, never misclick.

If Swain gets big he can wreck with consistent damage and healing. But on the other hand mana issues, lack of creep clearing power and lack of escapes from ganks can put him at an early disadvantage often. 51.5% win rate though.

Nev

Banned
I included that too. In other news, the new Xerath is going to be one of my most played in s4, 4/4 skillshots (yum) tell me so. The new Skarner seems to be a downgrade though.

Kassadin nerfs are welcome, but Gragas E/sustain is still rampant.

I might have a problem with Swain if his farming is hard. I basically exclusively play Zed when I'm mid since my cs is terrible with everyone else.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Damn that was one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. I'm Elise in jungle. We have a Teemo top against a Jax. Teemo dies a few times, no problem, I'll just go and gank top.

Everyone gets obliterated. This Jax was so fed it got to the point where had about 50 hp, I go to kill him and he just completely turns it around. Hits me once, gets a stupid amount of health back. As a team we could take everyone else out, but the Jax was such a force we needed at least 4 to try and take him down. Daren't go near him least he turn around and wipe your health bar out in 3 seconds flat.

I don't think I've ever been in a game where one team has been that terrified of someone.

Azulsky

If Swain gets big he can wreck with consistent damage and healing. But on the other hand mana issues, lack of creep clearing power and lack of escapes from ganks can put him at an early disadvantage often. 51.5% win rate though.

My biggest beef with Swain is that its one of those champions where you are going to have a hard time farming past laning. You have to burn your ultimate to actually eat a whole wave and this chews through mana which you will regret doing the second a teamfight breaks out 5 seconds later with your ult on CD and 1/4 your mana lost. Not to mention you have to stand in the wave to farm it as well. If towers go down early and you are pushing against tier 2, or being pushed you will have to find a team willing to let you farm a sidelane.

I have had more than a few Swain games where I did excellent early game but I cant transition after I get my first 2 items. His upgraded passive is pretty good but its annoying to play a champion that doesnt farm tear well and can become useless due to running OOM.

His QWE kit is pretty epic though, he probably has the highest level 3 combo damage in the game. That is until the other carry gets QSS and drops your QWE+ Ignite.

Damn that was one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. I'm Elise in jungle. We have a Teemo top against a Jax. Teemo dies a few times, no problem, I'll just go and gank top.

Everyone gets obliterated. This Jax was so fed it got to the point where had about 50 hp, I go to kill him and he just completely turns it around. Hits me once, gets a stupid amount of health back. As a team we could take everyone else out, but the Jax was such a force we needed at least 4 to try and take him down. Daren't go near him least he turn around and wipe your health bar out in 3 seconds flat.

I don't think I've ever been in a game where one team has been that terrified of someone.

I had a Jax like that last night. His build was Merc, Hydra, Gunblade, Trinity, Rageblade and Wits End. His regen was crazy.

I included that too. In other news, the new Xerath is going to be one of my most played in s4, 4/4 skillshots (yum) tell me so. The new Skarner seems to be a downgrade though.

Kassadin nerfs are welcome, but Gragas E/sustain is still rampant.
New Xerath's ult bums me out though. Cooldown is twice or almost three times as long (if I recall correctly) than how it was before, and the damage doesn't seem high either. The massively increased range is cool, but I'll miss having a low cooldown ult that could melt nearly anyone just for the sheer hilarity.

New Xerath's ult bums me out though. Cooldown is twice or almost three times as long (if I recall correctly) than how it was before, and the damage doesn't seem high either. The massively increased range is cool, but I'll miss having a low cooldown ult that could melt nearly anyone just for the sheer hilarity.

To be fair, he gains other cooler stuff for it. Doesn't really need the ult to outright murder someone.

Edwardo

t1391976000z1.png

Counter Logic Gaming vs Evil Genuises
Curse vs Team SoloMid
Cloud9 HyperX vs Team Coast
XDG vs Team Dignitas

Following the LCS matches, Determined Gaming will face off against COGnitive Gaming in a Best of 3. The winner faces LMQ next Sunday, February 16th. The loser will face Skyline, in a 3rd place match to clinch a bracket spot in the Challenger Series 2 Bracket Stage .

Storming the jungle - What makes Meteos, Meteos?

Time to Troll - Trundle in the LCS

Unsung Heroes - The Coaches

Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I play primarily Swain - depending on your elo he can be a monster. As it's been said, landing the root can easily get a forced flash, kill, or heavy damage. He can carry a teamfight, especially with Zhonya's. Decent peel and great burst potential. He does really suck at farming though, at least early on. I've been building him tanky lately with great results. He really is an underestimated champ. Lots of fun to play, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom