• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you can't be too afraid of fighting. We were ahead. We can win.

In lane or after that? In lane I was just trying to stay behind minions to not get hooked because I got hooked twice early and it rattled me. In teamfights I was just waiting for someone to initiate so I could throw out my ult. I really need to work on my positioning and kiting though, that much I know.

Sunfire doesn't proc spellvamp/rylai/liandry. However, it works with Spirit items, giving you absurd amounts of sustain and clear speed in the jungle.

Achtius

In lane or after that? In lane I was just trying to stay behind minions to not get hooked because I got hooked twice early and it rattled me. In teamfights I was just waiting for someone to initiate so I could throw out my ult. I really need to work on my positioning and kiting though, that much I know.

Lane. Even when Vi came in 2v3. We kill Vi and we both lived. lol

Because supports make bank nowadays. Like if you look at my Sivir stats, you'll wonder who the real support is bot lane.

I believe you in general but in these matchs...nah, it's because they've sucked.

I'm talking about Tops that are last on the team in net worth. Underfarmed, and unable to make the kind of difference a solo laner has to be able to make in team fights. I take top, I lead the team in net worth and get shit done (like my last game). Let someone else do it, and the results are anyone's guess. 2 games ago, my Teemo managed nothing but a Rabbs, Haunting Guise, and part of an Hourglass in 50+ minutes, finishing 4/8/11 and never being a factor. Game after that, my Wu Kong managed just Hydra, Thornmail, Visage, and Cleaver in 50+ minutes. The match one I go top (after refusing to let it happen a 3rd time), I'm 5-slotted @ 38 minutes, and would have been finished farming at around 45, as has become my custom.

Idunno. It's just frustrating sometimes. I'm not good enough to carry what is functionally 4v5. I'm not that good yet. I'm getting there, but I'm just not there yet.

Blizzard

Banned
I still kinda question whether anything even happens from the tribunal currently. You have what, 27 million players, or something? Which boils down to maybe 50 million reports per (whatever) period.

Then those have to be processed by volunteers who don't even get IP or icons or anything for doing it?

And then the people who get flagged by the volunteers have to be looked at by Riot's (less than 50 million) staff?

I just had a ranked game, that was someone's promotion game, where we had the following:

* Mid laner who plays ranked despite knowing (they admitted this, and then used it as an excuse for why their attempts to hard carry in other games fail) that when they play league, they lag out or have 400 ping spikes.

* Top laner who after feeding 5+ deaths, walked mid lane, and sat afk under tower. Not disconnected! Just sitting still, until they died, and then sitting still in spawn, for 5-10 minutes.

* ADC who, even AFTER the afk top laner finally played again, went afk for 10-15 minutes until the end of the game. Not just afk, but actively moving around spawn and occasionally firing ult so the leaverbuster system would not flag them.

Has anyone even heard of anyone getting a warning outside of leaverbuster in the last month or two?

Tizoc

Quick question regarding Tanks and in this case Garen:
Can I still do well if say I focus on the bottom lane instead of Top?
Mid barely has any bushes in the path for me to hide in but can a character like Garen still do good in any either lane?

I'm asking in the hopes of the possibilites of any further strategies.

Well fuck Riot. Problems on the oce server, and now they tell us we won't even get a loss prevented. Completely ridiculous. I had a close 5v5 in ranked at late game lost because two of us got kicked at the end leaving a 3v5. Then I had a normals where my friend was 1v4.

Sigh.

Newt

Mid barely has any bushes in the path for me to hide in but can a character like Garen still do good in any either lane?

Garen would utterly fail bottom. Too much cc, too much range. You can take him mid against AD assassins like Kha'Zix and Zed and maybe the odd Riven mid. He really belongs top though, it would be odd to take him anywhere else.

Botlane will nearly always have the ADC and Support instead of a tanky fighter because they're more important for early dragon control, which is on the bottom side of the map.

Garen is only played toplane.

Some other tanks are played support or jungle but Garen is mostly played top.

Mid is usually for AP champs (it means that they deal magical damage)
To play ADC you need to have a high damage output which isn't the case of tanks
Supports need to have cc (= crowd control (it's 'stun' 'fear' 'taunt'... effects)) Some tanks have that. Good examples of it are Taric and Leona

Blizzard

Banned
Won a game with a support Riven.

kanye_shrug.jpg
These days it seems I do nothing but get worse, and I imagine it'd be tough to find a high-level person who can offer nice, constructive cricitism for my games. :p

Getting worse though, means that you continue to lose the games where you do well or play your best champions, and you win the games where you play bizarre stuff. Earlier today I picked Garen to go against Riven top, then realized that I missed someone else's pick and I had to play ADC instead. So, Garen + Leona lane...I started the game 5/0/something, and we won the game.

I didn't outfarm the enemy Vayne though so it definitely isn't a good idea, only works at low bronze or whatever I'm matched with.

Tizoc

Garen would utterly fail bottom. Too much cc, too much range. You can take him mid against AD assassins like Kha'Zix and Zed and maybe the odd Riven mid. He really belongs top though, it would be odd to take him anywhere else.

Thanks for the info guys, so I'll just stick to top from now on.

Should I consider ganking midlane if I ever see the opportunity to assist an ally? Does the Midlane usually have 1 champ enemy in majority matches?

Zynx

Thanks for the answers to my q's earlier. With that said, I'm curious, how many here try to theorycraft their own builds, in terms of items, runes, masteries, and even skill order?

Hmm, perhaps the trend of unorthodox supports succeeding has to do with bott lanes becoming more focused on kill lanes rather than poking/trading/sustaining?

Should I consider ganking midlane if I ever see the opportunity to assist an ally? Does the Midlane usually have 1 champ enemy in majority matches?
Yah, unless there's a rare laneswap, it's usually 1v1 mid, but ganks do matter and some even like to refer to it as 2v2 since jungler involvement for both sides can really swing things.

Thanks for the info guys, so I'll just stick to top from now on.

midlane is always a 1v1 lane.

You should gank only if you're ahead of your opponent on toplane.
For example if you already got 2~3 kills on your opponent.

Also if you see your opponent leave the lane to go mid you should try to follow mid. this way your midlaner will not be facing a 1v2 but a 2v2. This anticipation of a gank is referred to as counter-gank.

IsayFever

Just won 4 games in a row. I haven't experienced that since s3

ty win zhao

Vbh1xta.gif

Tizoc

Appreciate all the info guys, I'm still learning the game but there are a bunch of stuff I gotta take note of:
Signals from allies
The minimap
Using Wards

Which reminds me when should I start buying and using the Stealth ward?

Newt

Appreciate all the info guys, I'm still learning the game but there are a bunch of stuff I gotta take note of:
Signals from allies
The minimap
Using Wards

Which reminds me when should I start buying and using the Stealth ward?
If you're top, always buy stealth wards on first back.
If you're support, try to buy a sightstone on first back. If you can't get, stealth wards, buy pinks if you have extra money.
If you're adc, try to buy a pink ward when you have extra gold.
Same situation top as mid.

Tizoc

Oh that reminds me of something: When should I go back and stock up on equipment builds? Is it when i reach 1k-3K gold?

Oh that reminds me of something: When should I go back and stock up on equipment builds? Is it when i reach 1k-3K gold?
This is very very situational. It depends on various factors:

- Health, relative to the kill potential of the enemy team. If you're low on health, you're inviting enemies to dive you. It's better to lose your tower, than both die and lose your tower.

- Minion push. Generally it's preferred to go back when you've pushed your lane to your tower. This lets your tower avoid getting damaged.

- The importance of the item. Is it really really core to your build? Is it important that you get it as soon as possible? Some items need time to grow (Tear of the Goddess, Rod of Ages) or need time to get the most out of it (Catalyst, gold income items) so you might want to get them sooner.

- Wards. Maybe the enemy jungler is posing so much threat that you get pressured even though they're not there. A ward can lift some of the pressure so that you feel safer farming/pushing/trading.

These days it seems I do nothing but get worse, and I imagine it'd be tough to find a high-level person who can offer nice, constructive cricitism for my games. :p

Getting worse though, means that you continue to lose the games where you do well or play your best champions, and you win the games where you play bizarre stuff.

Well fortunately, I can't identify with that experience. I wound up going 50/50 on Jayce.

15/4/12 - win, destoryed Mundo top
10/4/11 - win, destroyed Irela top
18/10/19 - loss, split with Cait bot
15/8/8 - loss, destroyed Twitch bot

Only difference between the wins and losses were solo laners who did fine, vs games with solo laners who did poorly. AKA, just not enough help. Oddly, in every game that lasted longer than 30 minutes, I was fully 6-slotted (boots sold for zephyr, with the damage and ap potions active) at 44 minutes. Consistently. Weirdest thing.

Like, all I need is for people to get a fairly even split in their lane. I don't need anyone to stomp...just get yours and take opportunities when they present themselves. I'll take care of the rest. One of my losses today I was playing support for Ez who experienced little to no harass in the lane, and yet managed only 53 cs in 25 minutes. Like...what am I supposed to do with that.

Blizzard

Banned
The "good" news is that if you're consistent, over time you'll presumably win something like 55 out of 100 games for a 55% win rate, and gradually gain LP. :p

Mothman91

Cool thing as an ADC vsing a mid Nidalee. As long as you can dodge spears, you can go other routes of a defensive item. They also had a Nocturne/Jax/Jinx so I picked a Randuins. I thought so just because Jax/Jinx are heavy AD/AS reliant.

What you guys think? Would GA be better or was Randuins fine?

They weren't ranked games. I'd expect similar results from myself, and probably more consistent solo lane play from teammates in ranked. I haven't started my ranked campaign just yet. Will soon.

Newt

Cool thing as an ADC vsing a mid Nidalee. As long as you can dodge spears, you can go other routes of a defensive item. They also had a Nocturne/Jax/Jinx so I picked a Randuins. I thought so just because Jax/Jinx are heavy AD/AS reliant.

Randuins is much more reliable than GA. Only time I get GA is double assassin. My most preferred item is banshee's veil though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

uh, i would probably just get veil tbh.

I sometimes wander into topics for games that seem really complex to me, like Dark Souls or something, and I think about how I will have been playing this game for a year come April and I still suck at it. I don't know what it is about League that made putting in the effort to understand it worth it to me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Started playing a couple normals with friends.

Soraka and Leona are actually good support picks now, wtf is happening.

Mothman91

brian!

he used to have a tier list that a lot of ppl referred to before competitive games were so popular, even tho it was wrong a lot + he is known for being a nice dude + I think he made reign of gaming?
crs had their most successful run with elementz on the team

Mothman91

he used to have a tier list that a lot of ppl referred to before competitive games were so popular, even tho it was wrong a lot + he is known for being a nice dude + I think he made reign of gaming?
crs had their most successful run with elementz on the team

Wow if true.

zkylon

zkylewd
played lux mid for first time in a while, got matched against diamond zed and diamond vi while half the server was going down lol. went pretty well, tho tear lux ain't what she was. also they had a troll teemo top and a level 18 kayle so yea matchmaking going to hell harder than ever

got matched with a shit ton of diamonds today, in both teams and we ran against a challenger amumu that carried his team hard. I destroyed mid and bot was winning but dude was just amazing, noscoping bandages like crazy

even had a diamond 5 lee sin that didn't troll

probably because ranked's down and he had to get his tryharding kicks somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom