• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mallet is pretty underrated as the ADC defense item imho. I sometimes get it when I don't get CC'd/bursted down and just want to last longer in fights.
The thing is that there's multiple better choices ir you just want HP.

Randuins, Warmogs, hell I'd get Sunfire before considering Mallet.

The thing is that there's multiple better choices ir you just want HP.

Randuins, Warmogs, hell I'd get Sunfire before considering Mallet.

It's just a 300HP loss in exchange for supreme kiting/chasing. 30AD isn't so bad either.

Sunfire is just trolling. You're 350g away from your best HP+Armor item in the game.

It's just a 300HP loss in exchange for supreme kiting/chasing. 30AD isn't so bad either.

Sunfire is just trolling. You're 350g away from your best HP+Armor item in the game.
By the time you're getting Mallet, you'll most likely have access to all red buffs. And if you really, really need the slow for whatever reason, Randuins is always the better choice with the active - plus you get much better at dueling thanks to the passive.

Game is becoming unplayable every night with constant 160 ping recently. *sigh* Being east coast sucks when you have no servers for it and the regular servers are shitting on you.

Authority

Banned
I went from Bronze 5 to Bronze 1. Matchmaking so far is decent in this season but I am not that satisfied. I have had a couple of losing streaks which I couldn't do anything; AP Sion in top, Volibear with 1-8 from Lee Sin as well as other examples. I have had plenty of "squishy" teams as well as top laners unwilling to have tank items and expect from a jungler to be full tank.

Kinda disappointing so far.

Musician

Wow. Kayle got gutted this patch. I was expecting her q to have a 0.8 ap ratio instead of 1.0, but 0.6? That's 40% less damage right there. With the changes to her W and R (more movespeed on W and no mana cost on R) it's clear they want her as a support only.

It's a shame. She was a really fun, if situational, top/mid/jungle pick.

garath

Wow. Kayle got gutted this patch. I was expecting her q to have a 0.8 ap ratio instead of 1.0, but 0.6? That's 40% less damage right there. With the changes to her W and R (more movespeed on W and no mana cost on R) it's clear they want her as a support only.

It's a shame. She was a really fun, if situational, top/mid/jungle pick.

Yep. Stopped before she ever got started as a jungle pick. Meteos was playing her a bit, Nightblue3 was starting to pick her up. We probably would have seen her in the next few weeks in the LCS.

I think the most populat NeoGAF channel is NA? Yeah chatrooms are by region. You should just join the Mumble channel.

---

Nice, I start my provisional series. Disconnection at 10 mins, seems like a widespread problem too. Does Loss Prevented count towards the provisionals?

edit: fuck yeah, made it!
kstcVfq.jpg

Authority

Banned
Fuck I forgot to whine.

Yashuo shoot be nerfed to hell. Out of fifteen Yashuos I have seen, only one lost so far. And
to top things up, they have 99% chance to get fed with high scores and few deaths.

Edwardo

Fuck I forgot to whine.

Yashuo shoot be nerfed to hell. Out of fifteen Yashuos I have seen, only one lost so far. And
to top things up, they have 99% chance to get fed with high scores and few deaths.

They made it so it takes 15% more movement to generate flow for his shield. The flow generated from his dash is lower now too ( 4/8/12/16/20% -> 3/6/9/12/15%).

I play him mostly top, so I'm not sure how big of a nerf it will be. It might be better for the midlaners who will auto him to activate the shield. I'll probably play him a few games tonight or tomorrow to see how it is.

Newt

Game is becoming unplayable every night with constant 160 ping recently. *sigh* Being east coast sucks when you have no servers for it and the regular servers are shitting on you.
Try playing Draven on 200 ping. Something I have to deal with pretty often.

Lol. It's funny because it it's true
Make sure if you join the mumble channel, you're joining either channel 1 or 2. Channel 3 and 4 are inferior (j/k).

garath

Elise with that ping is wretched too.

You know when you are mashing Q as PANTHEON and the spear isn't chucking without a delay that you have a problem.

Riot's been talking about improving the east coast ping situation since December. They believe they can improve the 100+ ping. I used to average 80-90 despite being in CT. That was more than fine. The latest average of 115-130 is not. Spikes to 180+ is almost unplayable.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44035159#44035159

Newt

They made it so it takes 15% more movement to generate flow for his shield. The flow generated from his dash is lower now too ( 4/8/12/16/20% -> 3/6/9/12/15%).

I play him mostly top, so I'm not sure how big of a nerf it will be. It might be better for the midlaners who will auto him to activate the shield. I'll probably play him a few games tonight or tomorrow to see how it is.
They should just take off that free shield that he gets from ulting, it was a stupid change in the first place.

Edwardo

I think the most populat NeoGAF channel is NA? Yeah chatrooms are by region. You should just join the Mumble channel.

Make sure if you join the mumble channel, you're joining either channel 1 or 2. Channel 3 and 4 are inferior (j/k).

One day i'll join mumble so I can hear all of your voices

They should just take off that free shield that he gets from ulting, it was a stupid change in the first place.

Agreed. It made him much easier to play.

garath

Agreed. He was already strong before they did that. It was like master yi, you have to go in to the group to get the most damage, but that also makes you vulnerable. Rather than just freebie go in and get a huge shield.

That ult change was hilarious. "Hey we're going to remove some of Yasuo's power but give something cool in return"

"Oops, we forgot to actually nerf him and just gave the ult buff, enjoy the weeks of having to deal with that shit!"

Agreed. He was already strong before they did that. It was like master yi, you have to go in to the group to get the most damage, but that also makes you vulnerable. Rather than just freebie go in and get a huge shield.

I agree with that. But without the shield he just...dies. Like with Yi, he can at least run away and run back in thanks to his ult. I'm not sure how they fix Yauso. Take the shield away and he gets murdered outside of the hands of a really skilled player...add the shield and he has to be banned most of the time.

I prefer adding more risk to high-damage dealers, personally. I'd take the shield away on ult and increase the rate flow builds overall. He'd be a bit safer in laning, but in big team fights he'll want to have some defensive items for if he decides to ult in. There aren't many champs built like him...a squishy melee champ with a ton of offense...and no disable or escape.

Maybe there'd be a non-broken way to implement a change to the the E ability to also dash through allies. Perhaps for no flow/damage gain. Perhaps if you dash through an allied unit, all damage buffs are reset too. Idk, but it allows him to keep moving. Maybe they remove the seldom-used wind shield and put an allied dash on W with a different (read: lower) cooldown or something. idk.

Edwardo

I agree with that. But without the shield he just...dies. Like with Yi, he can at least run away and run back in thanks to his ult. I'm not sure how they fix Yauso. Take the shield away and he gets murdered outside of the hands of a really skilled player...add the shield and he has to be banned most of the time.

I prefer adding more risk to high-damage dealers, personally. I'd take the shield away on ult and increase the rate flow builds overall. He'd be a bit safer in laning, but in big team fights he'll want to have some defensive items for if he decides to ult in. There aren't many champs built like him...a squishy melee champ with a ton of offense...and no disable or escape.

Maybe there'd be a non-broken way to implement a change to the the E ability to also dash through allies. Perhaps for no flow/damage gain. Perhaps if you dash through an allied unit, all damage buffs are reset too. Idk, but it allows him to keep moving. Maybe they remove the seldom-used wind shield and put an allied dash on W with a different (read: lower) cooldown or something. idk.

I'd want to keep the windwall. It saves lives in teamfights. I get what your saying though, you use it once and then its gone.

Now you have me thinking of all the tasty possibilities of being able to dash through allies/wards/etc.

Blizzard

Banned
One problem is that with so many dashes, Yasuo becomes super hard to catch (see the annoyances that the likes of Kha'zix, Ahri, Kassadin, and Akali repeated dashes can cause). But yes I think the ult shield seems kind of funny, even though I still only have vague ideas how Yasuo works.

About east coast ping, I don't think I've ever seen below 76, and lately it's only 96 and above (but typically "feels" worse for some reason). People were saying on the west coast they get 20-50, and I can only imagine what that feels like.

Leezard

Man, it's always tense in champ select when the opponents get Kassadin. Luckily the rest of their team comp was set up so that it would be useless if they ever fell behind. Teemo gave us a free baron thanks to his shrooms.

Can we talk about Xerath for a second?

He's really really fun right now. Probably not viable at high elos, but man. So fun.

The only Xerath I've seen in ranked yet didn't do very well, but that might be due to the player or his team. He certainly seems strong.

Edwardo

One problem is that with so many dashes, Yasuo becomes super hard to catch (see the annoyances that the likes of Kha'zix, Ahri, Kassadin, and Akali repeated dashes can cause). But yes I think the ult shield seems kind of funny, even though I still only have vague ideas how Yasuo works.

True, but Yasuo's dash, even though on a really short cooldown, is 475 range fixed dash like fizz's dash (550 i think). Kha is like 600, same with Ahri's ult I think. And they can both go to wherever they want. Yasuo needs enemies around him to be mobile, otherwise you'll be slowed/snared/stunned and caught.

garath

About east coast ping, I don't think I've ever seen below 76, and lately it's only 96 and above (but typically "feels" worse for some reason). People were saying on the west coast they get 20-50, and I can only imagine what that feels like.

I remember when I used to play cs:s competitively. If I had anything over 30ms man I felt it. I wouldn't even play on servers with 80+ ping. My team had a nice chicago based server that the whole team got between 40-50ms at worst. It was nice.

League isn't nearly as twitchy but it's still a handicap compared to guys on the west coast. I'd love to play a few games at 30ms just to see.

Edwardo

I'd love to see what League is like with under 90-100 ping. It feels fine, but I've never played with anything else.

edit: I played at work once with 80 ping but I really didnt notice anything different.

Leezard

Kassadin is so overrated right now

He's still really strong as it typically takes coordination to shut down a good roaming Kassadin, which is difficult in solo queue.

He is definitely not an instant win though, so in that sense he is overrated. One of the backsides of picking Kassa is that your team might expect a free win and thus flame hard if he falls behind.

How about this: his E dash, if used on an allied unit, removes any damaged amp gained from previous enemy dashes, and puts the dash in a 6 second cooldown. Or something like that.

That way he can't just dash through every allied unit along the way and escape, but he still has a way of making space if he really needs it and if an allied unit is around. I just don't think you can leave a melee, pure damage dealer left with no escape. You poined out Kha, Ahri, Kass and Akali, but really every melee damage dealer has a way to escape, disengage, or otherwise protect themselves with some skilled play. Zed, Jayce, Yi, Voli, Cho, Aatrox, Nocturne, Wu, Warwick, Trundle, Xin, Garen...

...every melee champ in the game has a reliable way to get out of trouble. That is, something that only requires an ability to be off of cooldown (ie. doesn't require "charging up" like Yauso's Q). An allied dash on a high cooldown might be the bit of reliability he needs to allow for him to still be useful without the free shield on ult.

just an idea. idk.

drawkcaB

Kassadin is so overrated right now

It's a combination of him bring strong but mostly being annoying to deal with. Kassadin is the higher elo version of blitzcrank from ways back.

Dreams-Visions said:
How about this: his E dash, if used on an allied unit, removes any damaged amp gained from previous enemy dashes, and puts the dash in a 6 second cooldown. Or something like that.

So instead of a 500hp shield that can popped late game with a few autos you'd rather give him insane safety in lane and a way to back out after using his ultimate and a crit boosted Q. Good call, but let's add another passive on his kit, just in case.

Nekofrog

Banned
Low elo players see how amazingly well high elo players do on Kassadin and think they can do it without ever having played him before.

Then they get shit on.

Tizoc

Woha I won!
OK so that was my first time using Nunu but thankfully I managed to do well, didn't get much time for equipment tho.

Focused on AP regen and ap strengthening and stuck to the mid lane. Damn this big guy packs a punch at them turrets!

Managed to destroy the mid turret and go in for the kill at the nexus.

DeadNames

Banned
Reddit is a bunch of circlejerking morons who think this game is balanced. I only go there for the videos and updates on s@20 and champ reveals.

So instead of a 500hp shield that can popped late game with a few autos you'd rather give him insane safety in lane and a way to back out after using his ultimate and a crit boosted Q. Good call, but let's add another passive on his kit, just in case.
Less hyperbole and snark, please. I didn't post it in a dickish way, and I don't expect dickish replies. If that's all you can offer, just ignore the discussion. If you have a better idea, post it. Thanks.

To wade through the bullshit and get to the root of your concern, the shield is the problem, so yes, he needs a different method of protecting himself. With the way he's built presently, all he needs is that shield and he can stand there and 2-shot another champ or two late. We've seen numerous demonstrations of it, and it's part of the reason he's a regular ban now. The free shield is too good. If you remove that, you have to replace it with some method of being able to make space or you're back to Day 1 Yauso whom they felt needed a survivability buff in the first place. Fair? Fair. So let's get to ideas.

Adding a high-ish cooldown escape to the E doesn't make all that much space (what is it, about 300 units?) but gives him some and at the cost of not being able to E to any enemy or ally targets for the rest of a team fight if used. Not as much space-creating as many champs, but something to work with. Because it's limited, it doesn't keep him from being murdered...it just lets him move (which seems to be the nature/goal of the character design anyway). Such an E adjustment wouldn't make him much different in concept than a Zed...in comparison to Zed he's be a high-ish skill champ that offers less burst and a clearly weaker escape (shorter range, higher cooldown which hurts his aggression if he has to use it) in exchange for higher sustained damage in that glass cannon sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom