• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I was close to passing up Bronze I but then dropped again and gain a loss of streaks for the second time.

What can I do when Akali has 10-2 and our mid is Le Blank?
What can I do when a Xerath plays for the first time and asks how his ulti work?

I am really irritated with these common losing streaks over the past few days and I can't reach Silver IV at all. Around seven times I had to report my whole team because their score was 0-5 on average out of 35 games overall and it is starting to affect me negatively.

Our enemy team has got Yahuo so yeah if I lose this game I think I will take a big break from this game.

Yeah. Sometimes when you hit a bad streak just have to take a step back and maybe take a little break.

I try really hard not to focus on what my teammates do wrong but what I am doing. No matter how many mistakes my teammates make, I know I'm making some as well and I focus on improving my own play first and foremost. You get 4 man ganked bot because mid got stomped and wasn't warding, envision yourself recognizing that and playing closer to tower making it less attractive to 4 man or putting some deep wards in your own jungle, etc. If someone starts being abusive, I hit that ignore button. It leads into a much calmer atmosphere and you can concentrate on your own play.

You're going to lose. You're going to lose because teammates suck. You're also going to lose because you sucked. Or at least you didn't play well enough to turn a game going bad. Learn from it and keep on improving. I've watched enough "Bronze to Diamond" series by top tier players to realize almost any game is capable of being carried if you're skilled enough. I'm not. But I can keep on trying. Improve your mechanics, improve your decision making, improve your map awareness, etc.

All that said, reporting a teammate for going 0-5 is the wrong attitude.

ALN1031

Hmmm... I think Vel'Koz kit will allow him to deal a lot of damage, and with the assassin era ending, he should be able to find a home, I also like his spell effect's visual style. I sort of feel like his kit is very uninspired. It's basically a bunch of damage spells, with some having semi-cc as that is now a requirement, and some weird stack mechanic with true damage. I'm fearing now that Riot won't be able to make truly unique champions anymore if they keep this up.

drawkcaB

That went well as Xerath. Laning phase was easy, netted two easy kills with my Trundle jungle ganking for me. Mid game objectives got harder and I didn't feel like I was hitting hard enough with my build. Maybe sub the Rylai's out for a void staff.

Did a lot of dumb goofing off near the end because it was 4v5, like flashing for the hell of it and popping my zhonyas when i didn't really need to.

Some things of note:

It's really hard to hit a stun with his E, it just moves so damn slow it has to be point blank for it to land. His ult is going to take some getting used to as the radius is pretty damn small.

I wouldn't think Rylai's is very good on him. He only has one single target ability, so Q,W, and R will be applying a 15% slow. The Rylais slow on W will also be multiplicative since it already slows. He doesn't need the health since you aren't supposed to be close anyways. You play Ziggs, right? Same idea. The kit just doesn't work for Rylais (unless you pair it with Liandry's vs. a heavy HP comp).

Pretty sure E stun is intended to be a follow-up CC.

Oh, and I'm buying the Vel'Koz bundle. Can't pass up those sweet sweet Battlecast skins. On a side note, anyone else notice the spirit stone+upgrades change to 6% and 3% with no AoE penalty? Going to really help out several tank junglers. I was mucking about with Sejuani the other maxing Q first but found it a bit too mana intensive. Going to have to retry.

Anyone here play Sona regularly? Have any impressions of her in season 4? I finished my support marathon and decided to pick Lulu, Thresh, and Zyra as my support picks with Nami and Janna as back-up, but maybe I should try Sona for some matches too?

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm... I think Vel'Koz kit will allow him to deal a lot of damage, and with the assassin era ending, he should be able to find a home, I also like his spell effect's visual style. I sort of feel like his kit is very uninspired. It's basically a bunch of damage spells, with some having semi-cc as that is now a requirement, and some weird stack mechanic with true damage. I'm fearing now that Riot won't be able to make truly unique champions anymore if they keep this up.

you say this after yasuo and jinx?

though I'll give you that he doesn't sound specially crazy

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not sure about new Skarner. Need way more games to say for sure but the strengths and weaknesses are pretty much what I expected. Even with some of the weaknesses created I think late game Skarner is much more capable of carrying games that go late. Still don't like Frozen Fist on him. People should really give him more of a chance before writing the rework off though. I doubt he'll get picked up by players because he still can't compare in power to someone like Elise, and the mana costs are just way too high with the increased focus on high attack speed that gives way to ability spam.
fuk this, i'm going to uninstall this. that shit is horrendous.

WHO'S WITH ME?

DIMB, I KNOW YOU ARE, RIGHT?
uh, when do i ever threaten to uninstall?

ALN1031

you say this after yasuo and jinx?

though I'll give you that he doesn't sound specially crazy

The switching mechanic with Jinx was cool, and I liked how both her survivability and chasing was increased when she got a kill/assist. Yasuo's ult is the only ult in the game that requires you to have a prerequisite before activating it, and this allows his kit to find synergies in a sorta different way than others. Also his wall is one of the most unique mechanics in the game.

Vel'Koz... has damage, a slow, a semi-knockup, and some more damage when you hit people with your abilities in a row.

zkylon

zkylewd
client ui does look weird

guess it's matter of getting used to it

The switching mechanic with Jinx was cool, and I liked how both her survivability and chasing was increased when she got a kill/assist. Yasuo's ult is the only ult in the game that requires you to have a prerequisite before activating it, and this allows his kit to find synergies in a sorta different way than others. Also his wall is one of the most unique mechanics in the game.
exactly... how does this in any way spell that riot is running out of ideas

specially since a lot of these champions are in development for 6 or 8 months

Vel'Koz... has damage, a slow, a semi-knockup, and some more damage when you hit people with your abilities in a row.
I dunno I think he's got some cool mechanics, his q splits up and can maybe used to harass or get damage to the back line in weird ways and his passive is pretty unique among mages which don't usually get a lot of true damage or "chain spell juggling" or however you want to call it

I think he's alright

DeadNames

Banned

Yasuo.

ALN1031

I acknowledge that Riot has made unique champions even very recently. What I'm saying is that as Vel'Koz's kit is revealed now, I feel that it is extremely boring and seems to be pretty uninspired. I don't really want boring champions mixed in with interesting ones for releases. It might be asking for too much, but I'd like Riot to try to make their champion releases as unique as possible, or their releases will get boring soon enough.

exactly... how does this in any way spell that riot is running out of ideas

specially since a lot of these champions are in development for 6 or 8 months

I got the hint that Riot may be running out of unique ideas when they greenlit Vel'Koz's kit... I may be complaining too much, but I just feel that way about his kit. I might be completely wrong and he may actually feel very fun and interesting when actually playing him, but just reading his kit, it seems to me like it would be very boring to play him.

Authority

Banned
Yeah. Sometimes when you hit a bad streak just have to take a step back and maybe take a little break.

I try really hard not to focus on what my teammates do wrong but what I am doing. No matter how many mistakes my teammates make, I know I'm making some as well and I focus on improving my own play first and foremost. You get 4 man ganked bot because mid got stomped and wasn't warding, envision yourself recognizing that and playing closer to tower making it less attractive to 4 man or putting some deep wards in your own jungle, etc. If someone starts being abusive, I hit that ignore button. It leads into a much calmer atmosphere and you can concentrate on your own play.

You're going to lose. You're going to lose because teammates suck. You're also going to lose because you sucked. Or at least you didn't play well enough to turn a game going bad. Learn from it and keep on improving. I've watched enough "Bronze to Diamond" series by top tier players to realize almost any game is capable of being carried if you're skilled enough. I'm not. But I can keep on trying. Improve your mechanics, improve your decision making, improve your map awareness, etc.

All that said, reporting a teammate for going 0-5 is the wrong attitude.

We won! So I guess no break yet.

You are right though. I need to keep my mouth shut and be calm.

Lost second game. No adc and support intentionally feeding...Oh well.

They had Jax, Warwick and Pantheon.

Fuck my life.

Anyone here play Sona regularly? Have any impressions of her in season 4? I finished my support marathon and decided to pick Lulu, Thresh, and Zyra as my support picks with Nami and Janna as back-up, but maybe I should try Sona for some matches too?

Not player her myself this season but i'd say she's fairly out of the meta due to being too squishy and her nerfs where AP scaling is concerned.

I would take all of the supports you've mentioned - perhaps bar Janna - over Sona.

Nekofrog

Banned
i think it's the same as elise e

wait elise e is a little longer

I played Elise one time. Maybe that's why I'm awful with it.

Not player her myself this season but i'd say she's fairly out of the meta due to being too squishy and her nerfs where AP scaling is concerned.

I would take all of the supports you've mentioned - perhaps bar Janna - over Sona.

But in ARAM doe? Sona is god tier.

ALN1031

In any case, downloading PBE right now as I just realized I was selected to test Team Builder on the 10th and 11th, I will come back with more thoughts on Vel'Koz after trying him out.

zkylon

zkylewd
sona used to be my main support (along with thresh, nami and at the end of s3, annie) and I played her a bit in s4 and well, her kit is still godly and she does pretty well with doran's shield (and even doran's ring, and ofc coin) but I think she's just not really viable in the current meta, at least if you're 2v2ing.

or at least she's pretty weak. like, not having hard cc pre-6 right now is death against leona and she just shrugs off your poke with the broken doran's shield. even if the mikael+shurelya's meta is super good for sona she can't really play the poke game and she can't peel well enough pre-6, so most cases you should just go with lulu and be done with it.

I think she'll be decent when doran's shield gets nerfed because her kit just has it all. I just wish they removed the ratios on her spells and de-nerfed her. no one's buying ap on supports anyways...

I got the hint that Riot may be running out of unique ideas when they greenlit Vel'Koz's kit... I may be complaining too much, but I just feel that way about his kit. I might be completely wrong and he may actually feel very fun and interesting when actually playing him, but just reading his kit, it seems to me like it would be very boring to play him.
I dunno, like, not all champions need to be gimmicky, even if a lot of mids are

but like ahri is pretty cool and her kit's really simple. same with khazix, diana, gragas, ziggs, etc.

I mean if your champions have to be SUPER ORIGINAL you get things like viktor who's stuck with a useless item just because it's cool

I feel like velkoz kit sounds nuanced enough for it to be enjoyable even though it doesn't have one big hook like, say, ori or lizzy.

What's boring about his kit? A skillshot that spreads on a button press, a delayed wave skillshot, a knockup that lets you control where people will fly to and a controllable death ray, all that working with his passive and auto attacks to keep a combo flow going.

He might not have that many new mechanics but I don't see how a mage with that much possibility of skill flow can be boring or uninspired.

Newt

Finally, 6 bans again.

Kassadin

Base Movement Speed is now 350 (up from 340 compared to last PBE patch)
Null Sphere [ Q ] - Now deals 80/100/120/140/160 damage ( down from 80/115/150/185/220 compared to last PBE patch)
Null Sphere [ Q ] - Damage now scales with 0.5*AP (down from 0.7*AP compared to last PBE patch)
Nether Blade [ W ] - Passive: Reworked: "Kassadin's basic attacks draw energy from the void, dealing 15 (+0.1*AP) bonus magic damage."

Nether Blade [ W ] - Active: Reworked: "Kassadin charges his Nether Blade, causing his next basic attack to deal 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.5*AP) bonus magic damage and restore 6/7/8/9/10 % of his missing Mana.Mana restore triples against champions."

Nether Blade [ W ] - Now Has No Cost

Nether Blade [ W ] - Cooldown is now 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 Seconds (Down from 12 at all ranks)

Force Pulse [ E ] - Now deals 80/105/130/155/180 damage (down from 80/130/180/230/280 compared to last PBE patch)

Force Pulse [ E ] - Damage now scales with 0.5*AP (down from 0.7*AP compared to last PBE patch)

Riftwalk [ R ] - Subsequent Riftwalks window duration is now 12 seconds (up from 8 compared to last PBE patch)
Riftwalk [ R ] - Each subsequent Riftwalk now deals 20/40/60 additional damage (changed from 50/55/60 compared to last PBE patch)
Riftwalk [ R ] - No longer refunds 50 % of the cost if Kassadin hits an enemy champion

ALN1031

Finally, 6 bans again.

Kassadin

Base Movement Speed is now 350 (up from 340 compared to last PBE patch)
Null Sphere [ Q ] - Now deals 80/100/120/140/160 damage ( down from 80/115/150/185/220 compared to last PBE patch)
Null Sphere [ Q ] - Damage now scales with 0.5*AP (down from 0.7*AP compared to last PBE patch)
Nether Blade [ W ] - Passive: Reworked: "Kassadin's basic attacks draw energy from the void, dealing 15 (+0.1*AP) bonus magic damage."

Nether Blade [ W ] - Active: Reworked: "Kassadin charges his Nether Blade, causing his next basic attack to deal 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.5*AP) bonus magic damage and restore 6/7/8/9/10 % of his missing Mana.Mana restore triples against champions."

Nether Blade [ W ] - Now Has No Cost

Nether Blade [ W ] - Cooldown is now 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 Seconds (Down from 12 at all ranks)

Force Pulse [ E ] - Now deals 80/105/130/155/180 damage (down from 80/130/180/230/280 compared to last PBE patch)

Force Pulse [ E ] - Damage now scales with 0.5*AP (down from 0.7*AP compared to last PBE patch)

Riftwalk [ R ] - Subsequent Riftwalks window duration is now 12 seconds (up from 8 compared to last PBE patch)
Riftwalk [ R ] - Each subsequent Riftwalk now deals 20/40/60 additional damage (changed from 50/55/60 compared to last PBE patch)
Riftwalk [ R ] - No longer refunds 50 % of the cost if Kassadin hits an enemy champion

I think they've been working on that Kassadin semi-rework for quite a while now, I don't really expect it for a while, but Kassadin players will be undergoing some serious consideration about their playstyle, item build and even their lane once it actually goes through.

Zynx

Tried a little Velkoz on pbe - the autoattack is pretty sweet, no delay due to distance, and the skill ranges are nice and long. I like the Q, and the E feels like Chogath's Q but not as good, the W delay seems so long and super dodgable.

Who knows if the 100th iteration of changes to Kassadin will stick? There's been so many changes up and down. There was actually one set of numbers that made me want to try Kassadin jungle, but that was before I had a PBE account to try it. And another which had 7/5/3 cd (before cdr) on the ult, lolz.

Opiate

No, I've decided my favorite thing about higher elo is not that there is less trash talk (although that is super nice). My favorite thing can be represented this way:

Lower elo:

Me: Anyone going bot lane?
I frantically pick a champion with 10 seconds left because no one responds

Higher elo:

Me: Anyone going bot lane?
I can if needed.
So can I.
Probably better if Kayle goes bot than Panth.
Me: Sounds good, I'll go Leona.

zkylon

zkylewd
rito should just olaf kassadin so we can go back to 6 bans

like, at least people were playing olaf back then

people don't play kassadin even in blind pick because it's a waste of time

DeadNames

Banned
I can't find myself being hyped for velkoz. The leak really derailed the hype train, not to mention there wasn't much of a buildup similar to jinx and yasuo.

Plus mages really aren't my thing. #BruiserLife

Opiate

I'm all championed out, I'm afraid. I have plenty of heroes to play with already, and I've now seen 30+ champions unveiled with pomp and fanfare. I just don't care anymore.

bgbball31

That battlecast Vel'Koz release skin might make me spend money on this game again. I haven't since December. I thought I was over it, but that is sucking me back in. Wow it looks great.

zkylon

zkylewd
adfdff.jpg

I don't think I had realized how silly lux's tit armor looks

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes, but it's still one ability. It's also not super hard to hit the full channel.
cassiopeia w deals 585 + (1.35) over 7 seconds. on 2.5s and 721 ap plus dfg that'd be (208 + (0.48 * 721)) * 1.15 = 637 damage.

ever gotten people stand on cass w for 2.5 seconds?

I'd like to see you do a full velkoz 2.5s ult against a moving target

edit: changed some numbers

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes, but it's still one ability. It's also not super hard to hit the full channel.
say that when you actually have to deal with five enemy champions who can disrupt it and have way more mobility, and vel'koz seems pretty ill equipped for warding those kinds of champions off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom