• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
km7i.jpg

It's that time again. I have about 3500IP and am going to pick someone up. I tried Voli and really didn't enjoy his style at all, so he's out. Of the others, I've never played them. Should I save for Gailo, or go with one of the others?

I feel like you could really do well with Urgot.

I'm curious... would that still work?

Then I'll save IP for doing it. At my shitty ELO it should be fun. :)

It's fun. For a very long time I ran 14% crit (reds and quints) with defensive others, and it was nice having 22% at level 1 with Brawler's Gloves, without sacrificing absolutely all early beef. Still dodgy, but amazing when it works out.

Nekofrog

Banned
I've seen quite a few Teemo jungles going on lately.

I guess the reasoning is sound if you want to only shut down the enemy jungler, by shrooming your jungle to prevent invades and their jungle to prevent their jungler from being a factor. The counter jungling seems like it'd be pretty strong too, with his passive.

Can't imagine ganks could be very effective.

Edwardo

I guess the reasoning is sound if you want to only shut down the enemy jungler, by shrooming your jungle to prevent invades and their jungle to prevent their jungler from being a factor. The counter jungling seems like it'd be pretty strong too, with his passive.

I used to play with a guy that did Teemo jungle pretty often and didnt do bad at all with it. Shroom your jungle, their jungle, and everywhere else! Then he raged and afk/quit one game bc one of my friends fed. I told him he was a lil crybaby and we havent played since :)

Authority

Banned
They made it so it takes 15% more movement to generate flow for his shield. The flow generated from his dash is lower now too ( 4/8/12/16/20% -> 3/6/9/12/15%).

I play him mostly top, so I'm not sure how big of a nerf it will be. It might be better for the midlaners who will auto him to activate the shield. I'll probably play him a few games tonight or tomorrow to see how it is.

I played with him as Shen in top right now and I wanted to cry. This shield of his is seriously broken. It is enough I have to avoid that goddam passive tornado and his dash but the way his shield works is unbelievable.

How many shields this champion has got? I am so confused.

One is through his ulti and the other one is a passive shield/block?

garath

I played with him as Shen in top right now and I wanted to cry. This shield of his is seriously broken. It is enough I have to avoid that goddam passive tornado and his dash but the way his shield works is unbelievable.

How many shields this champion has got? I am so confused.

One is through his ulti and the other one is a passive shield/block?

He has one shield. It's up when he has max flow (that little white bar under his health). He generates flow by moving or dashing. So he builds flow and generates the shield during normal movement but he also gets instant max flow when he ults. So theoretically he could have a shield before engage, then get another full shield instantly by hitting you with a tornado and ulting.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kassadin is so overrated right now

it's mostly people in your own team being annoying when playing against him. they'll give up early and won't punish him at all, etc.

I wouldn't be so sad if he gets olaf'd if only to be able to get another ban off for purple team

garath

I want to marathon Ashe in preparation for heartseeker. Too bad first time I'll get to play her is Friday.. I think EVERYONE will want to marathon her Friday.

It's probably qt's fault.

zkylon

zkylewd
his launch skin is a battlecast skin, that's pretty awesome even tho it looks like crap in the preview

he seems pretty fun, and right up my alley since he sounds like a pretty standard mage. I bet he'll have a fun and creepy voice too.

too bad I'm broke after xerath, gotta spam me some games to get me some ip

Type2

Did skarner get nerfed at some point on the pbe? I remember playing him earlier and feeling like he was strong. Champion identity issues aside the live version feels pretty meh.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/27307-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-2-11-2014-velkoz-is

I'm not sure but I think his base damages sound really high, 240 on his q is standard but 275 on his e is pretty big and 190 on his cc isn't so bad and his ult's 900. and that's not even counting the passive and he's got a shit ton of cc

his scaling is a bit less amazing at .6, .5, .4 and .6 so I imagine his passive will scale with ap too, with like 0.2 or something (which will proc like what 2 or 3 times on a full combo burst? so like 2.7? sounds pretty big)

drawkcaB

Less hyperbole and snark, please. I didn't post it in a dickish way, and I don't expect dickish replies. If that's all you can offer, just ignore the discussion. If you have a better idea, post it. Thanks.

Whoa. It was a joke, and it wasn't hyperbole. Giving him a Jax-like escape on his E would be insane.

The free shield is too good. If you remove that, you have to replace it with some method of being able to make space or you're back to Day 1 Yauso whom they felt needed a survivability buff in the first place. Fair? Fair. So let's get to ideas.

No, not fair. First, I disagree with your basic premise that all melee champions require an escape mechanism. This game is being hurt by mobility creep and it's drowning out nearly half the roster.

Yes his shield is too good but the answer isn't to pile on even more mobility on a highly mobile champ - who already has one well of an ability to aid in his escapes which blocks all manner of projectiles - Ori Q, Lee Sin Q, Elise cocoons, Naut hooks - the fucking thing stop Malphite's ultimate "Unstoppable Force". Giving him an ally targeted dash on the low CD you were suggested would make his laning even safer. If you implemented the dash, you're going to give him an easier time to ramp up to his Shiv+IE core - which gives him over 2500 gold worth of offensive stats through yet another of his passives. When you and Yasuo reach ~8000g, you're actually fighting someone worth 10000g through his x2 crit passive alone, all other things being equal, but everyone seems to ignore that because crit chance is undervalued by players.

Why not remove the shield on ult cast and reduce the shield's value. There's no reason a damage oriented champion should have a shield as a passive that is not only better than any other passive shields (Malphite's passive) but has better bases than nearly every other activatable shields in the game, save maybe what, Jarvan? I'm too lazy to do the math/research. Or how about adding some counterplay to it? If you damage Yasuo while he's charging his shield, he loses some of the accumulated stacks. Or maybe think outside the box and remove passive number 4 on Yasuo's ultimate so the tanks and bruisers can deal with Yasuo's shield before he melts them? There's lots of ways to deal with this problem.

I think the major problem with your assessment is that you're too highly focused on teamfights in a game that is 75% decided during laning phase.

I mean...look I don't mean to sound like an asshole here but Yasuo is an blatantly overloaded champ, and it burns my ass that Riot says one thing about balance, the state of their game, what they envision, and then releases that. Yasuo is the cherry on the shit cake Riot has been serving since last Summer.

Type2 said:
Did skarner get nerfed at some point on the pbe? I remember playing him earlier and feeling like he was strong. Champion identity issues aside the live version feels pretty meh.

Yes. Increase on his shield 14->16 seconds, increase on his E 10->14 seconds, base attack speed reduction, mana cost increases, IIRC. That's really what is chaffing people's ass right now. In return for the strong permaslow, Skarner was supposed to get something back across his kit, but those nerfs have the perception of totally undoing that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think rito should just undo the shield on ult change. it makes dueling against him a really frustrating thing in which he blocks like 400 damage when he already has crazy mobility and the wall. you gotta work ten times as hard as he has to outplay him and he still fucks your ignite in the ass with his ult shield. I hate that mechanic, it's awful

Oh god.. they already use Zac in that fashion... they're going to go overboard.
I dunno I think velkoz x zac would make a nice couple

garath

Not to be a dissentor but I was winning hard with Yasuo before the shield on ult buff. I was shocked when that happened. He required thought on his initiation to avoid getting blown up. Not so much anymore. I don't feel he needed it at all. It pushed him over the top from strong to potentially OP. They were WAY too quick giving him a QoL buff like that.

I think the shield itself is fine and a good mechanic for a squishy melee champ with little in the way of escapes (he can juke well but flat out leave an engage? not as easy).

I think it generates too quick and I think the free max flow on ult is way too strong.

imo, they should remove the buff for the free max flow on ult and put some more of the flow generation into leveling his windwall. Make him choose to level that for defense vs getting quick generation with a single point and maxing his damage abilities.

drawkcaB

Looks cool. I think this is going to be one I don't immediately pick up though. I never get mid anyways.

Yeah, he looks solid. I'm in the same boat, never get to mid.

imo, they should remove the buff for the free max flow on ult and put some more of the flow generation into leveling his windwall. Make him choose to level that for defense vs getting quick generation with a single point and maxing his damage abilities.

That'd be nice. I just want some actually counterplay to it. There's counterplay to Malphite's shield. Just smack him a bit and he'll need to back off because the shield won't regenerate. There's little you can do to Yasuo to prevent him from stacking flow. How about applying crowd control effects resets the stack to 0 (or halves the current amount, whatever) if he didn't have the shield up? That would force him our of farming range for a while or take some harass that actually sticks since Yasuo doesn't build much lifesteal until late, if at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
holy shit

bcv12.jpg

bcv12w2.jpg

Not to be a dissentor but I was winning hard with Yasuo before the shield on ult buff. I was shocked when that happened. He required thought on his initiation to avoid getting blown up. Not so much anymore. I don't feel he needed it at all. It pushed him over the top from strong to potentially OP. They were WAY too quick giving him a QoL buff like that.

I think the shield itself is fine and a good mechanic for a squishy melee champ with little in the way of escapes (he can juke well but flat out leave an engage? not as easy).

I think it generates too quick and I think the free max flow on ult is way too strong.

I think they should just remove the ult thing, maybe revert the w nerf at best, and that's it.

yasuo's shield I actually like since you can play around it by popping it with an auto then throwing your spell

Azulsky

His battlecast skin makes him look like a sentinel from The Matrix movies.

Pretty psyched but i have some qualms. Mostly his place in a high mobility single target damage meta.

Def getting that skin though, what do the autoattacks look like?

Macattk15

I love mid lane. I will love Vel'koz. Can't wait.

Hope it's not a month before he releases.

I would have (and have in the past) dodged at the blitz jungle. I've never seen a good one.

I had a Blitzcrank call top in a ranked game once ... he got made fun of / called names etc, but no one dodged. He buttfucked Renekton top somehow and ended up heavily affecting the outcome of the game.

Authority

Banned
I was close to passing up Bronze I but then dropped again and gain a loss of streaks for the second time.

What can I do when Akali has 10-2 and our mid is Le Blank?
What can I do when a Xerath plays for the first time and asks how his ulti work?

I am really irritated with these common losing streaks over the past few days and I can't reach Silver IV at all. Around seven times I had to report my whole team because their score was 0-5 on average out of 35 games overall and it is starting to affect me negatively.

Our enemy team has got Yahuo so yeah if I lose this game I think I will take a big break from this game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah we got destroyed. I sucked too. RIP

Blitz's first gank consisted of him missing a grab followed by turret diving a nidalee and dying. At level 3.

Nekofrog

Banned
That went well as Xerath. Laning phase was easy, netted two easy kills with my Trundle jungle ganking for me. Mid game objectives got harder and I didn't feel like I was hitting hard enough with my build. Maybe sub the Rylai's out for a void staff.

Did a lot of dumb goofing off near the end because it was 4v5, like flashing for the hell of it and popping my zhonyas when i didn't really need to.

Some things of note:

It's really hard to hit a stun with his E, it just moves so damn slow it has to be point blank for it to land. His ult is going to take some getting used to as the radius is pretty damn small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom