• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I'm more about spectating your friends feeding and trolling you about it.

I think you mean watching me feeding. I guess that's a given.

And speaking of which: finally bought Irelia after ages of thinking about it. Probably shouldn't have but oh well. First and only game with her so far was just woeful. Nunu top, Annie/Xerath bot, Ziggs mid, and jungle Nautilus. Their team hurt. so. much. Nunu was zoning me from minute one of course. She's pretty fun but I'm hilariously incompetent with her. Maxed W based on some guide and then completely forgot to use it for twenty minutes. >.< Despite that, and many upsetting ganks, I still only had 1/5th of the deaths on the team, so I don't feel too awful. Just need to get used to her. Any tips, or is she so bad I should go back to GP? :D Guessing combo is Q in, activate W (E if they're higher HP) and beat away at them.

Remember: I am bad at the game. What is obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to me.

Mothman91

adfdff.jpg

I don't think I had realized how silly lux's tit armor looks

is that....Teemo?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
cassiopeia w deals 585 + (1.35) over 7 seconds

ever gotten people stand on cass w for 2 seconds?

I'd like to see you do a full velkoz 2.5s ult against a moving target

edit: changed some numbers
that's not a very good comparison. vel'koz ult is a line laser with long range that he can aim around through the entire duration. but i just don't really see the appeal of that over the burst of something like ziggs ult, and it doesn't have the potential for true siege damage like ap kog or the new xeeeerath.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's not a very good comparison. vel'koz ult is a line laser with long range that he can aim around through the entire duration. but i just don't really see the appeal of that over the burst of something like ziggs ult, and it doesn't have the potential for true siege damage like ap kog or the new xeeeerath.
true, was just trying to say that damage over time spells are usually pretty insane in perfect scenarios as far as numbers are concerned

Fracas

#fuckonami
Xerath is just absurdly powerful right now. Holy shit.

Is his ult supposed to give him vision within its range? Because it really seems that way lol.

scy

say that when you actually have to deal with five enemy champions who can disrupt it and have way more mobility, and vel'koz seems pretty ill equipped for warding those kinds of champions off.

Pretty much. It was a fun experiment to see how much the DFG+Ult did but, in practice, not really sure what Vel'koz will do. Assuming he makes it out of laning phase.

Landing his entire kit pretty much melts someone though. But, at the same time, he's so exposed in the process that I'm not sure how he'll actually do that against many mid laners.

Additionally, Vi ganking mid lane will pretty much just make him the saddest tentacle monster.

DeadNames

Banned
Pretty much. It was a fun experiment to see how much the DFG+Ult did but, in practice, not really sure what Vel'koz will do. Assuming he makes it out of laning phase.

Landing his entire kit pretty much melts someone though. But, at the same time, he's so exposed in the process that I'm not sure how he'll actually do that against many mid laners.

Additionally, Vi ganking mid lane will pretty much just make him the saddest tentacle monster.

Well to be fair, Vi makes a whole bunch of champs unviable.

Xetherion

Xerath is just absurdly powerful right now. Holy shit.

Is his ult supposed to give him vision within its range? Because it really seems that way lol.

I like the new rework, it's pretty awesome. The ult does not give vision of it's range, but the the projectiles give small area of vision around them. So if the first shot gives vision of you then he knows where you are and which direction you're moving.

zkylon

zkylewd
vi ganking velkoz gives me wild ideas yum

also just tried xerath and he's pretty silly and ult seems kind of broken (like I ulted their inhib turret from mid lane lol) but also pretty hard to land since the area is so small. it's probably the smallest round aoe spell in the game I guess.

Subtle

Support ahri goes 1-7 in lane. Ends up costing us the game by going something like 4-15? Yeah. I thought I left this stuff behind at Silver..

scy

Well to be fair, Vi makes a whole bunch of champs unviable.

She just came to mind due to her popularity. A lot of high damage gankers with a decent way to catch them out will punish Vel'koz pretty fierce. He's got no mobility and his hope to survive a gank is Flashing while they're knocked up from his E.

Nekofrog

Banned
New Xerath update:

Went against one of his harder counters Syndra. By playing it safe I was only down 7 CS to her at most until laning phase ended, and with barrier I was almost able to kill her 1v1 but she interrupted my ult after one cast. With more matchups I'm sure I could get into a better spot against her.

I'll always be banning that LeBlanc cunt though.

9L9IlkR.png

300 mana 110/90/70

I honestly always just assumed that it was a normal Kamehameha and he just needed a pep-talk from his dad to give him the confidence to realize the power was in him, all along.

... but then I tried to watch the Cell Saga again recently and realized just how terrible the whole Cell Games part is, so it probably is actually a ghost-powered patrilineal spirit beam.

Anyway, Vel'Koz's laser obviously can't be a Kamehameha because it doesn't push things. More of a Special Beam Cannon, though even then, that's pretty much instant and doesn't require you laze the target with it. Come to think of it, DBZ had every kind of magical energy laser you could imagine except one that actually functioned like a laser.

zkylon

zkylewd
She just came to mind due to her popularity. A lot of high damage gankers with a decent way to catch them out will punish Vel'koz pretty fierce. He's got no mobility and his hope to survive a gank is Flashing while they're knocked up from his E.
dunno how reliable is his knock-up but I guess he won't be any worse than most no mobility mages like syndra, xerath and such

Anyway, Vel'Koz's laser obviously can't be a Kamehameha because it doesn't push things. More of a Special Beam Cannon, though even then, that's pretty much instant and doesn't require you laze the target with it. Come to think of it, DBZ had every kind of magical energy laser you could imagine except one that actually functioned like a laser.

It's definetly a Final Flash

Finalflash.jpg

scy

dunno how reliable is his knock-up but I guess he won't be any worse than most no mobility mages like syndra, xerath and such

Perhaps. His E isn't that unreliable (travel time but is a knockup, think Rupture essentially) so it might not be too bad all things considered. He's fairly squishy, though. We'll see how it ends up, I suppose.

zkylon

zkylewd
Perhaps. His E isn't that unreliable (travel time but is a knockup, think Rupture essentially) so it might not be too bad all things considered. He's fairly squishy, though. We'll see how it ends up, I suppose.

I feel like his bigger problem will be his ult rooting him in place since unlike xerath's it doesn't have crazy range

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
people like brand and syndra that are low mobility at least have good cc that is hard to avoid. the knock up on vel'koz isn't going to be very effective vs. most junglers.

Azulsky

cassiopeia w deals 585 + (1.35) over 7 seconds. on 2.5s and 721 ap plus dfg that'd be (208 + (0.48 * 721)) * 1.15 = 637 damage.

ever gotten people stand on cass w for 2.5 seconds?

I'd like to see you do a full velkoz 2.5s ult against a moving target

edit: changed some numbers

It does slow by 20% and the primary damage ticks are .25s so its not unrealistic if your team is doing something, anything to cc the enemy.

Dont know if I would just prefer to play Syndra for ultra tier single target because realistically in a teamfight you are going to drill down 1 target instead of getting a perfect aoe spread on the Velkoz R.

Im not sure what they are getting at with the 500% minion damage. I guess its tactically useful in wrecking an entire wave to get your team to the turret.

I wonder if he could support. Q is slow, W is meh, E is aoe knockup, R is turret pushing button.

The R would be cooler if it was some kind of crazy mana drain on active and had a lower CDR(80/70/60). You could bank on it to get assists + Athenes passive

zkylon

zkylewd
people like brand and syndra that are low mobility at least have good cc that is hard to avoid. the knock up on vel'koz isn't going to be very effective vs. most junglers.

yea that's what I'm saying it's depending on his knock-up reliability :I

It does slow by 20% and the primary damage ticks are .25s so its not unrealistic if your team is doing something, anything to cc the enemy.

Dont know if I would just prefer to play Syndra for ultra tier single target because realistically in a teamfight you are going to drill down 1 target instead of getting a perfect aoe spread on the Velkoz R.

Im not sure what they are getting at with the 500% minion damage. I guess its tactically useful in wrecking an entire wave to get your team to the turret.

I wonder if he could support. Q is slow, W is meh, E is aoe knockup, R is turret pushing button.

The R would be cooler if it was some kind of crazy mana drain on active and had a lower CDR(80/70/60). You could bank on it to get assists + Athenes passive

well cassio w slows too :p

So how are you guys skilling Vel so far?

I was maxing his W because it can be cast twice for pretty good damage, but now I'm thinking Q first might be the move. The damage and slow coming out of that ability is pretty ridiculous, and if you get used to casting it so that you hit the perpendicular shots, you're getting huge damage and a dead-simple W --> E --> W followup with that slow.

ALN1031

So how are you guys skilling Vel so far?

I was maxing his W because it can be cast twice for pretty good damage, but now I'm thinking Q first might be the move. The damage and slow coming out of that ability is pretty ridiculous, and if you get used to casting it so that you hit the perpendicular shots, you're getting huge damage and a dead-simple W --> E --> W followup with that slow.

Wouldn't you have crap waveclear if you max Q?

8 loss streak. Sigh. Had 3 zed mid games back to back where I got fed and we couldnt win. Then last game I start 5-0-2 as Vi and we still can't win.

Sigh.

Blizzard

Banned
nah, it's fine. he's probably joining the perma ban list.
Well someone has to replace Kassadin!

I just tried Skarner for 3 games. I didn't know a lot about Skarner before, but I'm really not sure about him now. Maybe I need more AD bruiser-focused runes or something, because even the jungle clears feel really slow, and that was with attack speed runes.

Ganking with a speed boost that's worse than before (and can be cancelled), with the ult still at a pretty short range, and with a slow that's really skinny...it doesn't seem an amazing combination. I guess we'll see what people do with him after a couple of months.

zkylon

zkylewd
kinda hilarious seeing xerath every game now

outplayed a diamond 3 xerath pretty hard with cassio, it was awesome

when I played him himself I felt like his ult is actually pretty balanced, but his q is what it's broken. like it's very hard to miss, I mean I was harassing a lux for free, it felt pretty dumb

I think overall his kit is pretty fun, but I don't know if he'll show up in competitive. his ult seems made for pro play since you can pressure like half the map and set up kills like a semi karthus ult (like I was at base and lux was hitting my turret with low health so I told my jungler to engage on her while I shot her from our inhib... it was pretty cool, even if I missed and she escaped :p).

haven't seen any skarners yet tho :(

Delodax

By this logic, no champ without mobility will ever be viable more or less.
I'd rather see some tweaks to how mobility works in the game to make it less overpowering, or just make every low mobi champ really strong in terms of power.

By this logic, no champ without mobility will ever be viable more or less.
I'd rather see some tweaks to how mobility works in the game to make it less overpowering, or just make every low mobi champ really strong in terms of power.

I think they could have a boots upgrade that is basically homeguards except you activate it yourself.

"Remember how impossible it is to kill certain champions, especially when they have ghost? Imagine if they can have TWO ghosts!"

Sometimes I feel like some items should only be buyable if your base stats are less than $Threshold.
For example: you are fast -> you can not buy the run fast shoes.
you have crazy hp regen -> you can not buy spirit visage...

He has a strong slow that pretty much guarantees the knock up though.

It doesn't really. Maybe some of it was playing with 200-ish ping, but it has a travel time and the AoE is pretty thin. Nowhere near as large as rupture. It's pretty easy to dodge, even with the slow.

By the way that Q is a lot of fun to use.

His kit feels pretty fun and he does do a lot of damage, but he will get wrecked by junglers like Lee Sin, Vi, Pantheon, maybe Wukong etc.

He's so damn squishy. He'll just die to assassins in team fights too so you would probably have to build a "protect the Vel'Koz" comp for him to be really effective.

zkylon

zkylewd
It doesn't really. Maybe some of it was playing with 200-ish ping, but it has a travel time and the AoE is pretty thin. Nowhere near as large as rupture. It's pretty easy to dodge, even with the slow.

By the way that Q is a lot of fun to use.

His kit feels pretty fun and he does do a lot of damage, but he will get wrecked by junglers like Lee Sin, Vi, Pantheon, maybe Wukong etc.

He's so damn squishy. He'll just die to assassins in team fights too so you would probably have to build a "protect the Vel'Koz" comp for him to be really effective.

I dunno, that again sounds like the same thing as syndra

like all syndra has going for her is some self-peel and being able to cast q, w and r while moving but she's no gragas

I guess that's why she's not played competitively but for solo queue she does very well against jungle ganks and such by being able to fuck the other mid laner to the point that ganking her is at best a 1 for 1.

I feel like he'll be a little less of a lane-bully but still he has long enough range and cc to be played like any other mage, doesn't he?

and I mean while assassins are popular and you can't play a game without fucking lee sin ruining your life but it's not like mages are uncommon in mid right now. at least compared to season 3.

I think some of the low mobility champs could use more mobility the way ziggs has mobility. Like Syndra's e could push her away a bit at the same time.

New Xerath is hilarious. Got completely carried by one a bit early.

And I love how in my 8 game losing streak, I won lane/jungle 6/8 games. The last 4 games I crushed my position. Last two games, played very average, but I got carried. Typical LoL.

Of course just after I bought Pantheon and played one game (big mistake playing first time panth in a ranked promo series), and now he's disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom