• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He has a strong slow that pretty much guarantees the knock up though.
yeah good luck with that. tell me how many popular junglers even care about a slow anyways with their gap closer.
I dunno, that again sounds like the same thing as syndra
they are not alike. syndra is an assassin herself in the same way someone like veigar is. their single target burst is extremely high. vel'koz is an aoe heavy champ that has raw single target damage mitigated by the fact that most of his kit is based around burning an entire team.

I'm not saying the slow is guaranteed, but if you hit his Q everything else should hit too, that was my point. No idea how hard to hit his Q is, but I'd guess being able to split the projectile should open room for some cool tricks.

His damage seems really underwhelming though. That video with the DFG took way too long for a kill considering he had over 700 AP.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not saying the slow is guaranteed, but if you hit his Q everything else should hit too, that was my point. No idea how hard to hit his Q is, but I'd guess being able to split the projectile should open room for some cool.
You're overestimating his slow and underestimating enemy gap closers or displacement. His Q split is more like a coincidental gimmick than anything.

Azulsky

like all syndra has going for her is some self-peel and being able to cast q, w and r while moving but she's no gragas

I guess that's why she's not played competitively but for solo queue she does very well against jungle ganks and such by being able to fuck the other mid laner to the point that ganking her is at best a 1 for 1.

I feel like he'll be a little less of a lane-bully but still he has long enough range and cc to be played like any other mage, doesn't he?

and I mean while assassins are popular and you can't play a game without fucking lee sin ruining your life but it's not like mages are uncommon in mid right now. at least compared to season 3.

The only way I could imagine a Syndra pick in a pro circuit is with a Kassadin and Leblanc ban.

Jumps and silences ruin her. I do believe Link and Bjergson picked her last LCS though so its still possible.

The thing is that there's multiple better choices ir you just want HP on ADC's.

Randuins, Warmogs, hell I'd get Sunfire before considering Mallet.
I'm not around for a day or so and you start posting this filth. Disgraceful.

I played with him as Shen in top right now and I wanted to cry. This shield of his is seriously broken. It is enough I have to avoid that goddam passive tornado and his dash but the way his shield works is unbelievable.
You played as Shen, there's your problem. A walking wet noodle to just about anyone in top lane.

his launch skin is a battlecast skin, that's pretty awesome even tho it looks like crap in the preview
Vel'koz looks like an alien robot from Metal Slug. Which is perfectly acceptable.

Crabmecha.gif

Just a little while longer for Metal Slug 3 Steam Edition...

mouth.gif

here is a picture of teased champ piccolo eating a vel koz beam
nappaaaa50flq.png

Stop nerfing the jungle!!!!!
Nerfing Spirit Stone is Riot's way of fixing Wriggles.

I think overall his kit is pretty fun, but I don't know if he'll show up in competitive. his ult seems made for pro play since you can pressure like half the map and set up kills like a semi karthus ult (like I was at base and lux was hitting my turret with low health so I told my jungler to engage on her while I shot her from our inhib... it was pretty cool, even if I missed and she escaped :p).
Trundle jungle - Xerath comps, believe.

Edwardo

Couple of OGN roster changes. KaKao and Zero swapped in KT Bullets/Arrows. Dade and Pawn swapped in Samsung Galaxy Ozone/Blue.

Cant wait for Champions to start up again.

I'm not saying the slow is guaranteed, but if you hit his Q everything else should hit too, that was my point. No idea how hard to hit his Q is, but I'd guess being able to split the projectile should open room for some cool tricks.

His damage seems really underwhelming though. That video with the DFG took way too long for a kill considering he had over 700 AP.

By the way you're talking, I'm guessing you haven't played him yet. You should really play him before you make comments on how his kit should work. The Q slow is not a guarantee that everything else will hit, the knock-up especially.

As for his damage, his damage is absolutely absurd. Like, that was a DFG + 1 ability on a 2100 HP target. The beam also pierces targets to hit everything without any damage fall off.

His W does insane amounts of damage and you can cast it twice within a second if you have 2 charges. Make no mistake, if you catch someone they will die. If the enemy team has low health and he ults, they will all die.

His abilities can be hard to land though.

scy

If anything, landing his E means the rest of the kit lands, the Q slow is there and all but the E is a bigger deal for getting both W hits in and two ticks of his ult off. And that earlier video was just the DFG+Ult for the hell of it. My end-game burst at full build was ~2000 damage on an EQW, if I recall. Much of his damage is AoE and all but he still puts out a lot of damage right now.

And the W Cooldown is 19-15s, depending on rank. Global CD of 1.5s in effect and it stores up to two charges.

like all syndra has going for her is some self-peel and being able to cast q, w and r while moving but she's no gragas

A self-peel is quite relevant when you also have a slow and a longer duration stun. And spells that let you use them while moving and her burst is a fire-and-forget sort of effect. Vel'koz is a bit less mobile than that with no way to create space and his tool to keep himself alive is a short-duration (.75s) knockup.

I'm not saying he won't ever see play in yolo queue (or maybe even LCS) or anything like that. Like you're saying, Syndra has no actual mobility spell either and tends to do fine. I'm just saying that Vel'koz has less tools than that, though he has better HP and MSPD than her. Or, put another way, "he's just like most other mages anyway."

On the other hand, he has a relatively good harassment tool and his follow-up to a gank is pretty good / melts their faces off. There's also a good possibility he can just turn when ganked and maybe get the kill if he's allowed to land an EQWR+Ignite.

DeadNames

Banned
Velkoz eye of the void
Chogath stomach of the void
Khazix claws of the void
Malzahar speaker of the void
Kogmaw mouth of the void

Kassadins daughter, titties of the void.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
These posts seem to be contradictory unless Phillip was talking full 40% CDR -- am I missing something?

His W has an ammo system where he can store two charges. Think Vi E. Builds a new charge every 19-15 seconds. My within one second was a slight exaggeration, he can cast it twice within 2 seconds :p (as Scy said, global cooldown of 1.5 seconds). So if you have two charges you can cast it and then cast it again after 1.5 seconds.

garath

Does everyone finish sightstone before getting a gold item?

I haven't supported nearly as much as I did last season but I generally get coin and a ward on first back to get the money generation happening rather than rush the sightstone. Right wrong or indifferent it's been working.

zkylon

zkylewd
they are not alike. syndra is an assassin herself in the same way someone like veigar is. their single target burst is extremely high. vel'koz is an aoe heavy champ that has raw single target damage mitigated by the fact that most of his kit is based around burning an entire team.
man I should make a habit of pointing out that I'm talking about one specific point about a character's kit or something :I

The only way I could imagine a Syndra pick in a pro circuit is with a Kassadin and Leblanc ban.

Jumps and silences ruin her. I do believe Link and Bjergson picked her last LCS though so its still possible.
well, kassadin is permabanned so that's not really an issue, but syndra can easily outplay leblanc (and viceversa). I mean half the mid roster is ruined by silences, but if your champion is strong enough to fight through it then it doesn't matter.

and like the mid laner for omg played her too (forgot his name... cool was it?) and so did faker and ryu, it's not a weird pick, it's just that there are much safer and easier to play which after all is what pro gaming is about.

A self-peel is quite relevant when you also have a slow and a longer duration stun. And spells that let you use them while moving and her burst is a fire-and-forget sort of effect. Vel'koz is a bit less mobile than that with no way to create space and his tool to keep himself alive is a short-duration (.75s) knockup.

I'm not saying he won't ever see play in yolo queue (or maybe even LCS) or anything like that. Like you're saying, Syndra has no actual mobility spell either and tends to do fine. I'm just saying that Vel'koz has less tools than that, though he has better HP and MSPD than her. Or, put another way, "he's just like most other mages anyway."

On the other hand, he has a relatively good harassment tool and his follow-up to a gank is pretty good / melts their faces off. There's also a good possibility he can just turn when ganked and maybe get the kill if he's allowed to land an EQWR+Ignite.
ah didn't know his knockup was so short. yeah that makes his big cc pretty shitty but I guess he makes up for it by having his nuke be a spammable slow. even if it decays 70% right away is pretty cool.

so I guess he falls into the brand, malzahar, veigar, etc. category then. trying to think of a literally 0 mobility mid (like cassiopeia or ori or even syndra don't count) that's played competitively but all I can think of are these guys. I guess new xerath might see some play but I can't imagine xerath's q going untouched next patch.

well played him just one game, maybe jumping too conclusions much

Does everyone finish sightstone before getting a gold item?
no, I rarely do, specially if I started doran's

I usually upgrade gp10 to lvl 2 before starting with the sightstone, mostly because you can cover a lot of your needs with trinkets and spending 475 on just the free wards feels kind of wasteful.

I'll only buy it early (and often not get the gp10 at all until much later) if lane ended early (so I'm left with no lane to leech gold off) or I'm getting camped (so I'd rather have vision+tank stats than gp10 since we're always fighting)

Type2

There are a ton of vision bugs happening right now. Pantheon is disabled for a similar bug ive seen happen with other champions including mundo and nidalee.

It seems like youre somehow able to abuse bush vision and fog of war for temporary invisibility. I have had some success reproducing thing on my own but not enough time to test it out across more than one champ. Doubt ill have time to send a bug video to riot but im just letting you guys know wards/brushes arent working properly.

Edwardo

Ya generally if I have enough for a full sightstone, i'll buy that on my first back. If I don't, i'll go with coin and some wards/pots/etc.

There are a ton of vision bugs happening right now. Pantheon is disabled for a similar bug ive seen happen with other champions including mundo and nidalee.

It seems like youre somehow able to abuse bush vision and fog of war for temporary invisibility. I have had some success reproducing thing on my own but not enough time to test it out across more than one champ. Doubt ill have time to send a bug video to riot but im just letting you guys know wards/brushes arent working properly.

Oh hey it's Vi coming out of that bush top, lets push... JK SHE'S ULTING ME BOT

Blizzard

Banned

The minimap thing has been broken forever (you seeing a random jungle location of where the jungler was last, or maybe where you last had vision, and then abruptly the jungler icon appears where you are).

I will second the weird bush vision/fog of war thing with this patch though. I put a ward in the mid lane bush, and unless they were somehow just BARELY outside its vision range, it looked like when the enemy jungler was in the bush, they were visible, but if they ran out of the bush on the opposite side of the cliff from me, they were completely invisible. Very annoying.

Type2

The minimap thing has been broken forever (you seeing a random jungle location of where the jungler was last, or maybe where you last had vision, and then abruptly the jungler icon appears where you are).

I will second the weird bush vision/fog of war thing with this patch though. I put a ward in the mid lane bush, and unless they were somehow just BARELY outside its vision range, it looked like when the enemy jungler was in the bush, they were visible, but if they ran out of the bush on the opposite side of the cliff from me, they were completely invisible. Very annoying.
I'm not talking about a minimap bug. This is in lane and during seiges. Champs just turn invisible. This is why panty is disabled now and rango was a month ago.

Example: yesterday I played against a support mundo and had his lane bush warded(right in the middle) my ward would give me no vision of him when he clearly entered the bush. After stepping out from the bush towards fog of war he would have brief invisibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom