• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It -looks- like that match that ended when everyone went into limbo last night simply does not exist according to lolking history. I was afraid something similar was happening again tonight, since people were complaining of walking into towers with lag.

I tried another ranked Kha'zix jungle game, trying to follow guides and suggestions. This time I tried using exhaust as a guide mentioned. Once again I had a very hard time killing the first and second round of buffs, so I think I need to find a good rune/mastery combination.

Taking exhaust was interesting. It seemed like it was awesome in ganks, but it REALLY means you have to be correct with jumps. Misjudge one jump engage, and no reset or flash for you, you're dead.

It -looks- like that match that ended when everyone went into limbo last night simply does not exist according to lolking history. I was afraid something similar was happening again tonight, since people were complaining of walking into towers with lag.

I tried another ranked Kha'zix jungle game, trying to follow guides and suggestions. This time I tried using exhaust as a guide mentioned. Once again I had a very hard time killing the first and second round of buffs, so I think I need to find a good rune/mastery combination.

Taking exhaust was interesting. It seemed like it was awesome in ganks, but it REALLY means you have to be correct with jumps. Misjudge one jump engage, and no reset or flash for you, you're dead.

I think exhaust is a bad idea as a ganker because ignite lets you finish kills off so much easier in the early game -> which then in turn lets you snowball.

rakhir

I was thinking rakhir might want it to replace his previous rito zeronis one and I just want to look at it forever :T
I'll gladly take it :)
but i'm currently on mobile and you can't change avatars on this version. EDIT: done, thanks :)

In other news, after people trolling in half of my qualification matches riot put me in silver V. While i didn't play much in soloq in S3, i had around 70% win rate as Vi. Now in S4 i have around 20%... It's really hard to do something as a jungler when every lane is losing badly.
It's a lot easier to carry as a Jinx or Shyvana top.

I really don't understand KT Bullets not putting Insec back in the jungle. He's a mediocre top laner and was a godlike carry jungler on Kha'Zix and Zed even before carry jungling was a thing. The current meta was practically custom-built specifically for him.

Ferga

Pfft, people were playing carry jungle as soon as the first lee sin buffs came out in 2011

Plus, Double E glitch was glorious.

Authority

Banned
This was the god of the god games.

bS3DOAQ.jpg

I am speechless.

• We had two top (fiora and teemo)
  • I was bot from the start so I couldn't jungle the entire game.

I would take one of those Vi avatars except my current one is basically perfect for my username.

Second time Pantheon jungle, started 7-2-7 before finishing 9-7-17. Sadly we lost but I'm not that upset. It's so easy playing him though, his late game utility was a bit lacking though. I had Lizard + Cleaver + Mercs + Randuins + Spirit Visage before the game ended. With Tryndamere top I basically had to be the tank. Is it viable building this tanky, or would it be better to maybe get BT + LW and a GA instead of the tank items?

bgbball31

So, I am terrible if I am anywhere other than support. I feel bad even just playing normal games because of how bad I am.

Played Jax vs. Wukong top? Died 10 times by the end of the game and their Wukong was the only reason they won (everyone else on their team was negative, Wukong ended with 19 kills.)

Played Nid vs Veigar mid? Died 10 times by the end of the game and their Veigar was the only one doing well (he ended with 20 kills.) We won because their Ashe was terrible and Veigar can only ultimately burst one person.

So, not only do I feed, but I can't stop them from roaming and picking off my team after feeding them. It is like I am facing pre-nerf Akali no matter my opponent in terms of how quickly they can get big against me.

Ferga

I would take one of those Vi avatars except my current one is basically perfect for my username.

Second time Pantheon jungle, started 7-2-7 before finishing 9-7-17. Sadly we lost but I'm not that upset. It's so easy playing him though, his late game utility was a bit lacking though. I had Lizard + Cleaver + Mercs + Randuins + Spirit Visage before the game ended. With Tryndamere top I basically had to be the tank. Is it viable building this tanky, or would it be better to maybe get BT + LW and a GA instead of the tank items?

just get GA

Buying any big mr item other than that is pretty pointless

So, I am terrible if I am anywhere other than support. I feel bad even just playing normal games because of how bad I am.

Played Jax vs. Wukong top? Died 10 times by the end of the game and their Wukong was the only reason they won (everyone else on their team was negative, Wukong ended with 19 kills.)

Played Nid vs Veigar mid? Died 10 times by the end of the game and their Veigar was the only one doing well (he ended with 20 kills.) We won because their Ashe was terrible and Veigar can only ultimately burst one person.

So, not only do I feed, but I can't stop them from roaming and picking off my team after feeding them. It is like I am facing pre-nerf Akali no matter my opponent in terms of how quickly they can get big against me.

That's a good thing. Everyone loves a support main.

If you're good enough, you'll carry games just like any other role.

Ferga said:
That's a good thing. Everyone loves a support main.

If you're good enough, you'll carry games just like any other role.

Actually not. You'll always depend on how good your adc is.
Some adcs are just clueless
I know because I'm one of those

At least if you're not supp you can get fed and try to compensate your bad adc.

That feel. Last game I had my ashe was 0-3-1 when I as thresh was 3-0-3. All of the kills being after ashe had already died. I mean, firstly, she picks Ashe, who is a very weak adc in most lanes. They had a Draven, so there was zero chance Ashe was going to be able to duel him. Then 50 positioning/mechanics mistakes later she's dying and raging at me. And our Brand was afk for 10 minutes.

Brand came back, Khazix camped mid and got him going, I gave up bot and roamed mid to help snowball brand, meanwhile Nasus top is happily farming q, and we won pretty easy late game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

actually yes.

as a support main you can shutdown bot with enough authority that even the most godawful adc will look okay compared to the enemy teams 0/9 adc. just dont tie yourself to that adc, peel for whoever is doing the most work on your team.

Leezard

Not all bot lanes can be salvaged, but many can be despite a terrible adc. Once mid game comes you will have to leave your adc and try to make stuff happen with the team.

actually yes.

as a support main you can shutdown bot with enough authority that even the most godawful adc will look okay compared to the enemy teams 0/9 adc. just dont tie yourself to that adc, peel for whoever is doing the most work on your team.

There's just no way you manage to get 9 kills on your enemy adc if your own adc is bad - always out of position, not cs-ing correctly, not poking...
No way at all.

rakhir

I like how people are starting to come around on Fiora and Quinn.

I told you all!
I had a game against jungle Fiora while i was shyvana top. She couldn't even touch me, and her ganks weren't so good on other lanes either.

I still love her and would buy every new skin, despite currently having all of them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
There's just no way you manage to get 9 kills on your enemy adc if your own adc is bad - always out of position, not cs-ing correctly, not poking...
No way at all.
im sure it'd be pretty hard if you're a janna or something, but there certainly are some pub stompy supports who can straight up dominate a lane .

as a support you have the most impact in winning bot lane, which gives you control over the majour early game objective and if you're blue side, the enemy blue buff.

you certainly have more potential to carry in early and mid game than, say, a top laner.

Tizoc

Some good matches recently

qWFks1d.jpg

OG3Oigw.jpg

This match had a noobish Olaf, reminds me of my early days playing lol.
I managed to get us the upper inhibitor destroyed quite quickly. A few minutes later the opposing team surrendered

I am speechless.

If there's motivation for not dropping into to Bronzonia it's this post-game builds and stats. Christ.
actually yes.

It still isn't as carriable as other roles
unless you play Zyra.

In other news, I had a Nami support me yesterday - first item the Forstfang thing; on first back she sells it... for Codex. She rushes Athene's and at the end game her items are tier 1 boots, Athene's and an HP pot. No my issue isn't that we won, but that she'll go into other games and never detract from this god awful route. I just don't understand people in this game.

qWFks1d.jpg

OG3Oigw.jpg

I managed to get us the upper inhibitor destroyed quite quickly. A few minutes later the opposing team surrendered

I'd avoid BoRK on Garen to be honest. He doesn't really need attack speed. If you really need the active, you can settle for a Cutlass and leave it there.

But ouch your Fiddle LOL.

edit: Try testing Flash in some games.

im sure it'd be pretty hard if you're a janna or something, but there certainly are some pub stompy supports who can straight up dominate a lane .

as a support you have the most impact in winning bot lane, which gives you control over the majour early game objective and if you're blue side, the enemy blue buff.

you certainly have more potential to carry in early and mid game than, say, a top laner.

Not all bot lanes can be salvaged, but many can be despite a terrible adc. Once mid game comes you will have to leave your adc and try to make stuff happen with the team.

Let me clarify: I didn't say it wasn't possible to carry as support I said it wasn't always possible. As opposed to some other lanes that may be able to carry no matter what (given you're playing well of course)

Also as an ex- support I find jungle very rewarding and fun to play. I actually see the jungler as a roaming support who'll help all lanes getting fed. With the difference that you still can be usefull in teamfight as opposed to supports who usually only have 1 skill that is somewhat relevant in teamfights.

Oh lawd, watching new players with Zed must be fun. I remember the first time I came across a smurf who was using Zed (pre-nerf) and he just completely juked us over and over because we had no idea what his kit did.

That Olaf build though haha.

For your build, in the first game you have no boots? You should always get boots. I've also never really heard of people building blade of the ruined king on Garen. A quick look at probuilds tells me that most people build Cleaver then Last Whisper if they go that route. But generally Cleaver + Boots + Sunfire/Randuins/Spirit Visage/Thornmail has you at 6 items already. I imagine in some matchups botrk is good for the movement speed, but the attack speed isn't that useful since Garen is not really an auto attacker, most of his damage comes from his spin to win + ult.

edit: yeah and switch up your summoners. Flash or possibly ghost are much better than heal. Heal is a crutch that helps players that get out harassed or pushed out of lane. It's better to just learn how to trade than to rely on it. Teleport is a good summoner but most players will take ignite because if they don't, and their opponent does, it really makes it hard for them to win 1v1s in their lane.

Tizoc

I'd avoid BoRK on Garen to be honest. He doesn't really need attack speed. If you really need the active, you can settle for a Cutlass and leave it there.

But ouch your Fiddle LOL.

edit: Try testing Flash in some games.

Sure
Mind you my brother uses my account to play and he uses Garen too. In one game he went bot and did really well, he dcided to try out Life Steal and it worked out well for him.

TBH though I tend to get bored of Garen's slow swing attack speed hence why I started using that equipment =P

jUST WON another match had a good Graves helping out. Messed in Mid a bit to help out there, hen went back to top.

Was juuuuuuuuuuust about to take down their inhibitor when they surrender =V

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
It still isn't as carriable as other roles
unless you play Zyra.
Zyra bro's for life.

you just gotta be first pick and ban jinx.

Let me clarify: I didn't say it wasn't possible to carry as support I said it wasn't always possible. As opposed to some other lanes that may be able to carry no matter what (given you're playing well of course)
no roll in this game can carry no matter what. :\

i guess what you're trying to say is that you want a roll that can carry at all times in a match rather than being heavily focused on the early game? even that problem only applies to some supports though.

Sure
Mind you my brother uses my account to play and he uses Garen too. In one game he went bot and did really well, he dcided to try out Life Steal and it worked out well for him.

TBH though I tend to get bored of Garen's slow swing attack speed hence why I started using that equipment =P

jUST WON another match had a good Graves helping out. Messed in Mid a bit to help out there, hen went back to top.

Was juuuuuuuuuuust about to take down their inhibitor when they surrender =V

If you want someone that likes to attack quickly, do lots of damage, and lifesteal.

Buy Tryndamere.

Thoughts on going ArPen runes instead of lifesteal on Draven? I'm wondering whether the pen combined with his early game cheese from Q might be worth a shot for massive damage.

Type2

Thoughts on going ArPen runes instead of lifesteal on Draven? I'm wondering whether the pen combined with his early game cheese from Q might be worth a shot for massive damage.
Depends on how much you want to cheese, if you have a sustain support and how confident you are in that cheese.
Most of the time in ranked people look up runes and rarely do botlaners end up so out of position early on.
Is look to Newt on this but I don't think it's worth the risk of having no sustain.

The damage increase won't be worth being left with little sustain.

Flat ARpen is a really, really weak stat for marksmen early and lategame it won't really matter because of how strong % Pen is.

garath

I'd still take smite/exhaust. Flash is still very useful as an escape and getting that last q auto to secure a kill.

I run flat AD marks and quints. Get a leash for the first buff then the rest of the camps kill the little ones first to isolate the big one. By the 12 min mark you should have your elder lizard or at thr very least a couple long swords and a few points in Q so the clear should be pretty fast.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I may be understanding a bit what my biggest issue is right now. I'm spread to thin among my champions. like, a couple months ago I basically only played lissandra and syndra mid, and then annie, thresh and sona bot.

now I'm playing leblanc, orianna, gragas, xerath, ziggs, cassiopeia, syndra, lux, lizzy, nidalee and ahri mid, and playing thresh, leona, annie, sona, blitz, nami and alistar support.

so like I'm a mess and I feel rusty on like thresh and syndra. I think I'm gonna cut down on the list and focus back on a short few again.

that's not entirely true. like I've fed useless adcs two triple kills in a row, dude goes and rushes hurricane and we still won because he was so stupidly fed and their adc was completely shut down and raging

you can do it with less extreme cases since most adcs don't suck that hard, they're just whiny pussies that can't even follow up a kill on a minion. it's not like adc mechanics are that hard when you have two defensive summoners, free cleanse from support, free shurelyas from support, one guy who's life's all about making sure you get peeled so you can do your shit and probably more.

I like how people are starting to come around on Fiora and Quinn.

I told you all!

to be fair I still think they're pretty bad but I liked them both from the beginning. I thought quinn was gonna catch on at some point but her e is so fucking wonky, I hate it. fiora, I dunno. if she lost lane less hard I'm sure some pro would use it. she snowballs stupidly hard.

we had a game where our fiora got stomped top, got out of lane like 0 3 0 and just spent the next 15-20 minutes freezing the lane and farming everything in the jungle, even red buff. she didn't show up for fights, she constantly stole my wraiths (we were purple side), etc. 20 minutes later she's a monster and we win.

like that potential is there, I think she's just too easily punished by a better opponent.

I'll gladly take it :)
but i'm currently on mobile and you can't change avatars on this version. EDIT: done, thanks :)
looks beautiful on you :3

bgbball31

While everyone enjoys a support main, there are those times that I will need to play other roles if I run into another weird person the likes supporting and calls it first, or a duo bot. So I really need to practice other lanes, but at the same time feel bad feeding pretty much any time I do it. Although I do feel comfortable on Renekton top with a 6.7/3.7/6.7 KDA with him in 3 ranked games.

zkylon

zkylewd
While everyone enjoys a support main, there are those times that I will need to play other roles if I run into another weird person the likes supporting and calls it first, or a duo bot. So I really need to practice other lanes, but at the same time feel bad feeding pretty much any time I do it. Although I do feel comfortable on Renekton top with a 6.7/3.7/6.7 KDA with him in 3 ranked games.

the best thing then might be to learn a couple safe picks on jungle or another lane and don't worry too much. just be competent at those lane, make yourself carriable and not feed. that's usually better than most anyways

like I don't jungle and I'm probably pretty trash at top and adc but I'll manage. I won't play shyvanna but I'll always do ok on lizzy top. or varus and ez on adc or something. you could learn more standard picks but tbh I find it that playing whatever suits you best is better.

I don't like bruisers and I don't like lucian and caitlyn, so heck, I'll play whatever the fuck I want, as long as I do ok :)

Leezard

I've learned it the hard way to always take the support role from duo bots. They typically are way worse bot lane than the results we get if I steal the support role from them. :/
It's hard since I want to be nice to people and let them get their preferred role, but they just face better opponents than what they can play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom