• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I feel you. I'm 31, but I was also Platinum last season ... so fuck you 16 year olds!

Hey! another 30 something. *high five*

I wish this game was around when I was in my 20s. I had a LOT more time to play. I'd probably never be a pro player but I was pretty damn good at fps games.

Now League competes with wife, kids, house, job. Oh well. Still great fun to play :)

Macattk15

Hey! another 30 something. *high five*

I wish this game was around when I was in my 20s. I had a LOT more time to play. I'd probably never be a pro player but I was pretty damn good at fps games.

Now League competes with wife, kids, house, job. Oh well. Still great fun to play :)

I agree.

All I had to play when I was in my high school / college days was Diablo 2 and Counterstrike! (and WoW towards the end of my college career).

But I do play LoL often still ... I really only have to worry about work and the girlfriend (no kids, marriage, house to worry about yet!)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
30s is the best group, all the youngster should go to school or something!! Stop beating me in lanes.

Edit:Typo: appear I am too old to type also

garath

I agree.

All I had to play when I was in my high school / college days was Diablo 2 and Counterstrike! (and WoW towards the end of my college career).

Yep. In college it was Ultima Online, Everquest with the Doom II and Quake LANs. Then later it was Soldier of Fortune 2 (small but dedicated competitive community), Call of Duty (the original one guys), and eventually Counter Strike Source. CSS I played competitively for many years. The team I started eventually made it to CAL-i (after I left lol).

Fun stuff.

I would have killed for a game like LoL though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you know how to play each role? Cause if not you should definitely take a few days to play each role before you go into placements. But good luck.

no need to play each role well, I've never jungled, I very rarely adc or top and I still do fine in ranked :p

also all my friends I duo with landed in plat so I feel that my bad promo runs really messed up my elo :(

tbh I've been playing pretty bad lately, I dunno why but s4 hasn't been like pre-season

Yo, back form my ban!

So I've tried playing mid again so I can get out of Draven's Silver shitters but some games I just can't carry. Yesterday I had 4 games in a row that were complete throws.

I've been playing Syndra and been quite good for the most part but I just don't feel like she's a champ who can carry - especially when it's TF. Her ult is good without a doubt, but compared to something like Zyra (so AOE I guess) I just can't have that all in TF presence I don't feel - especially when it's needed to try and drag your team kicking and screaming to a victory.

Newt

Yo, back form my ban!

So I've tried playing mid again so I can get out of Draven's Silver shitters but some games I just can't carry. Yesterday I had 4 games in a row that were complete throws.

I've been playing Syndra and been quite good for the most part but I just don't feel like she's a champ who can carry - especially when it's TF. Her ult is good without a doubt, but compared to something like Zyra (so AOE I guess) I just can't have that all in TF presence I don't feel - especially when it's needed to try and drag your team kicking and screaming to a victory.
-_-

Also, TF has one of the lowest solo q winrates in the game atm.

garath

Yo, back form my ban!

I'm not a Syndra player but her role in teamfights appears to be getting big stuns on people that are grouped up and assassinating key targets with her ult at a pretty good range. She does have significant poke damage throwing the balls around and functions well as an initiator or disengage with the stun.

Manus

So I picked up playing League since my neighbor has been pestering me to play so badly. Coming from someone who has played over 2000 hours of Dota 2, League is super fun. I really like how easily and more harass happens in lane so early. No used to in in Dota since everything costs so much more mana. Seems I keep getting matched with smurf accounts when I play. I don't mind though since we end up pretty much face stopping most people.

Am very surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Forgot how much fun learning new champions can be.

garath

So I picked up playing League since my neighbor has been pestering me to play so badly. Coming from someone who has played over 2000 hours of Dota 2, League is super fun. I really like how easily and more harass happens in lane so early. No used to in in Dota since everything costs so much more mana. Seems I keep getting matched with smurf accounts when I play. I don't mind though since we end up pretty much face stopping most people.

Am very surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Forgot how much fun learning new champions can be.

Nice. Welcome :)

I've found that DOTA players pick up League real quick. League is definitely more straightforward in terms of itemization and spells cost a LOT less. Less actives too. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Ferrio

Banned

Ya, that's kinda why I prefer league more. Lot more active in lane, of course Dota fans usually say that's a bad thing since it means that you don't have to make your skills count and can just spam them.

Manus

Thanks guys. I bought the champion starter pack because I found it really weird how the other team can pick the same champion as you. Kinda glad it's not like that in draft pick. Still learning which champions can go in which lane. It seems in blind pick people fight over top or mid. Been really enjoying Annie. She's a beast once you get some ability damage items on her. Alistar is fun too, been stacking armor on him and along with his ult just makes him unkillable.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Add me to the old man brigade at about two weeks from 30. That player graph is telling, I can understand why so many people rage.

Sheer rampant hormones.

As I have a house, one of the problems I have is the game length. I simply do not know how long a game will take, which limits my playtime. At least when I was younger I spent my time usefully.

Playing Phantasy Star Universe [facepalms]

garath

Add me to the old man brigade at about two weeks from 30. That player graph is telling, I can understand why so many people rage.

Sheer rampant hormones.

As I have a house, one of the problems I have is the game length. I simply do not know how long a game will take, which limits my playtime. At least when I was younger I spent my time usefully.

Playing Phantasy Star Universe [facepalms]

Yeah. I hear you on the time thing. I don't even start a game unless I'm sure I have a minimum of 45 minutes to play with a little wiggle room near the end. It sucks on days like Monday where my wife is at work (which is when I get to play :p) but my parents-in-law drop my son off. They can drop him off anywhere from 6:15-7:15 usually so I can't commit to a game after 5:45. Very frustrating. I never want to be that guy that needs to afk or quit from a game if I can help it.

Guesong

3nxe9DV.png

3-0, a clean promo after the last nailbiter.

Oh, and 24 ^^ but already balding so I'm hella sad

ALN1031

I have the urge to try Talon jungle. He'll be decent right? :)

Decent at feeding

Seems like he could do a lot of damage and clear wouldn't be too bad because of Rakes. No innate sustain and squishier, and he'd probably need the blue though. But I don't play Talon so who knows.

Leezard

I went on a bit of a losing streak, got demoted back to D3. Oh well, at least I played well those games (except for one, but I learned my mistake) , better luck with teammates some other day I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom