• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. League tower aggro and unit priority is very straightforward. Dotes towers are the enigma.
Yeah. Siege > Melee > Casters. If you hit a champion while in the towers range you'll be targeted until you leave it, if there are no more minions the tower will just aim at whatever. There's no mystery there.

In Dota it felt like you'd get aggro if you looked at the towers wrong.

Yeah the dota towers always put me off when i try to get into the game. Seems like their range is weird. League is very straight forward. It would be nice if it was more obvious about when you had escaped tower aggro though, I've died several times from thinking I was safe then walking back in.

Didn't really make much progress in ranked today sadly, had a few bad games where I deserved to lose.

I had lost a Karma game like 40 minutes before the DDOS attacks started and I still got loss prevented on that lol

Well I guess Rito wants me to stay undefeated.

Yes. League tower aggro and unit priority is very straightforward. Dotes towers are the enigma.

like everything in LoL it's just simplified. i like the different strategies that DOTA2 towers allow. Sure it gets some time to get used to. especially if you switch over.

Edwardo

I had lost a Karma game like 40 minutes before the DDOS attacks started and I still got loss prevented on that lol

Yea I had a 60 min game last night that we ended up lagging through and losing. I got loss prevented, but I still wanted that W.

Tizoc

Won my first match as tyndamere and i did for the most part really good!
I still need to learn how to use his spin attack and ulti tho @_@

Also his starting weapon should be Statik shiv right?

With Tynda I guess I'll most likely avoid using armor, maybe switch out his boots late game with Guardian Angel?

Edwardo

Won my first match as tyndamere and i did for the most part really good!
I still need to learn how to use his spin attack and ulti tho @_@

Also his starting weapon should be Statik shiv right?

With Tynda I guess I'll most likely avoid using armor, maybe switch out his boots late game with Guardian Angel?

Statik Shiv then Blade of the Ruined King (I have a friend who will do shiv then cutlass and go Infinity Edge before finishing BotRK, but it's personal preference I guess). I play Trynd like a split-pushing fiend. If I can kill my lane oppenent, great. If not, I just farm farm farm until they leave the lane, which is when you can take their tower and just keep pushing. You'll eventually get to a point where just one enemy won't be enough to stop you from pushing. This will take some pressure off your other lanes as well as objectives like dragon.

When fighting, you're going to want to stick to your enemies like glue. So use your spin for better positioning. Remember that W only slows when theyre facing away from you, but still gives good attack damage reduction either way, so if your enemy is strong/bold enought to fight you straight up then don't be afraid to just use your W and then slow them with cutlass/botrk when they go to run.

After playing him a bunch you'll eventually get a feeling for when you should ult. There will be plenty of times that you'll be yelling at your screen, "OMG MY ULT DIDNT GO OFF." Just use it if you think there's a chance that you'll die.

For summoners, I personally like using Teleport and Flash. TP gets me back to lane quick, helps me join in on fights, and will get you across the map quickly so you can be the split-pushing monster that you are. I like flash because I can do fancy escapes and kills by combo-ing it with my spin. Split push, kill an enemy, then the rest will come after you. A spin over one wall and then flashing over another will get you home free more times than not. A lot of people like ghost on him because it'll keep you right on your enemies if they decide to try and kite you and/or run away. Another option that I used to use a lot was exhaust. It's very useful against auto-attack champions, and also gives you a third slow to use on a fleeing enemy.

My build is usually somewhere along the lines of Statikk Shiv, Blade of the Ruined King, Beserkers Greaves, Infinity Edge, Quicksilver Sash(Mercurial Scimitar), and another defensive item (Banshee's Veil is my favorite on anyone at the moment). I'll try to mix some armor penetration in there as well. I'm not huge on guardian angel, since I already have my ult and im not that tanky.

I playing Trynd a bunch during Season 3 so hopefully these suggestions help you.

Best of luck!

Edwardo

t1393099200z1.png

Team Dignitas vs Evil Genuises
Team SoloMid vs Team Coast
Curse vs Cloud9 HyperX
Counter Logic Gaming vs XDG

Following the LCS action today will be the North American Collegiate Championship Semi-Finals. Queen Gypsies(University of California, Irvine) vs Blue Caster Minions(University of Washington), followed by Sergio's Dream(San Jose State University) vs UBeast(University of British Columbia). These matches are Best of Three and will determine who will face off in the Finals tomorrow, February 23rd, for the $100,000 scholarship and the title of 2014 North American Collegiate Champions.

First Half Surprises, Second Half Predictions

The Midseason Report - NA LCS

Week 6 Power Rankings

Pleased To Meet You - Lulu In The Middle Lane

A Swift Rise - XDG's Benny

The Rising Tide - Team Coast

The Breakdown CLG vs TSM

NA LCS Week 6 Preview

LMQ Crowned as NACS Champions

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Tizoc

=_= They left me solo top.
There was a Darius.
I couldn't touch the minions and in the end game I ended up dieing 16 times.
I can't do solo man.

Yeah. I hate laning against darius.

What do I even build against him? Health? Mr? Armor?
What character are you picking? I feel like so many characters wreck him, but maybe they aren't popular. Garen, Quinn, Vayne, Jayce...all squat down and take a dump on his chest all laning phase. Shyvana and Mundo...probably not so much. Riven matchup is probably 50/50?

the turrets hit too hard? you sound pretttttttttttttty casual from here.
:(

league is 2 hard 4 me

i played that hexa whatever last night

we lost

i was this cho goth dude and i looked at his skills and said oh i get a free cleave i should build right click

my team said no build tank

well okay

AcridMeat

Banned

league is 2 hard 4 me

we lost

i was this cho goth dude and i looked at his skills and said oh i get a free cleave i should build right click

well okay
WinWood add me I'll teach you basic stuff.

I made arab mad when I played dota with him. I don't think he'll ever play dota with me again hahaha

Tizoc

Yeah. I hate laning against darius.

What do I even build against him? Health? Mr? Armor?

You just know Darius is gonna use his 'GET OVER HERE' move everytime. I wouldn't be surprised if Long range characters shut him down in the early game at least.

Will attempt more Tyndamere games tomorrow though >=3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

league is 2 hard 4 me

we lost

well okay
You gotta be your own man. Build Wit's End and pretend you're a tank.

Blizzard

Banned

I didn't get loss prevented in the game where I was lagging and couldn't reconnect for like 5 minutes.

Then Kiunch, Ocho, Gamma, and I played another game. I thought we were just good players, and my jungle Yorick never died, and I thought it was totally a legit strategy. And then we realized like 30 minutes in that their jungle Elise left at level 9 and never came back, possibly due to lag. :( From this we learned never to think of ourselves as good players.

dimb

does the cleave scale off right click or Magic

the tool tip dont tell me shit

it dont tell me scaling until i have a level to spend
It should tell you the scaling based on the color type. If the modifier is green it scales with ability power, if it's orange it scales with attack damage. Technically right click should always carry attack damage, the spikes just act as a magic damage modifier that comes in addition. League isn't very transparent with scaling though, so building flat AP isn't going to make Cho'Gath's auto-attack spikes do much damage. That means attack speed and magic penetration are the most useful things for it.

Blizzard

Banned
It should tell you the scaling based on the color type. If the modifier is green it scales with ability power, if it's orange it scales with attack damage. Technically right click should always carry attack damage, the spikes just act as a magic damage modifier that comes in addition. League isn't very transparent with scaling though, so building flat AP isn't going to make Cho'Gath's auto-attack spikes do much damage. That means attack speed and magic penetration are the most useful things for it.
There are also some random things that scale from HP, mana, maybe bonus armor, and maybe something else. They're different colors but I don't remember what.

dimb

HP scaling is red. Mana scaling is blue. Armor scaling is yellow. MR scaling is purple I think.

Zynx

I've seen some streamers escape Leona's zenith blade->stun by dashing at a particular timing, anyone have any idea how to do it consistently?

Also, it seems like I can see enemy teleport animations even in fog of war or unwarded bushes, has this happened to any of you or am I hallucinating?

zkylon

zkylewd
I really really hate the Thresh Flay bug.

It's really made me a much more mad Thresh player.

Seriously, fuck that bug.
I don't mind that so much, it's not happened consistently enough for me at least

the ult thing tho is just super annoying because there seems to be no timing to it, you can't just ult then flay people into it because they always go through it

it's super annoying

Also, it seems like I can see enemy teleport animations even in fog of war or unwarded bushes, has this happened to any of you or am I hallucinating?
yea that's a long time bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom