• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It won't put you at a disadvantage for placements, but duoing in general puts you at a disadvantage.
Don't listen to them! They and Achtius duo lane'd into platinum. They just want to, like, keep us down, man!

This is interesting - guy on reddit checked what champions were played by people punished by tribunal. The answer may not surprse you:

Code:
Rank 	Champion name 	Score 	Punishment share 	Pick share
1 	Master Yi   	1020 	3.48% 			2.46%
2 	Lee Sin 	600   	2.79% 			2.19%
3 	Vayne 	        570   	2.83% 			2.26%
4 	Tryndamere      440 	1.75% 			1.31%
5 	Ezreal 	     	420 	2.89% 			2.47%
6 	Fizz    	380 	1.51% 			1.13%
7 	Jax 		330 	1.74% 			1.41%
8 	Zed 		300 	1.59% 			1.29%
9 	Teemo 		280 	2.24% 			1.96%
10 	Rengar 		250 	1.1% 			0.85%
106 	Blitzcrank 	-190 	1.23% 			1.42%
107 	Soraka 		-340 	0.54% 			0.88%
108 	Caitlyn 	-350 	2.27% 			2.62%
109 	Taric 		-360 	0.46% 			0.82%
110 	Zyra 		-360 	0.69% 			1.05%
111 	Lulu 		-400 	0.37% 			0.77%
112 	Thresh 		-580 	0.87% 			1.45%
113 	Nami 		-670 	0.51% 			1.18%
114 	Janna 		-680 	0.65% 			1.33%
115 	Leona 		-700 	0.89% 			1.59%
116 	Sona 		-1180 	0.91% 			2.09%

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...pions_played_by_the_most_toxic_players_chart/
Huh, you must be the GhostyGhost person in Mumble I was wondering about!

I think it's really interesting that Caitlyn is the only non-support at the bottom. I wonder why Caitlyn players are so well-mannered?

I guess I don't understand the numbers, since they look somewhat similar to Vayne's to me. What makes the "Score" column so much lower?

*edit* "That score column is a way to compare the share of punishment to the share of picks. If a champion is punished a lot, but played very little, they should have a high score. I used score = 1000*(punishment share - pick share). I couldn't get data post-Yasuo release, since those tribunal cases aren't available publicly yet."

faridmon

Apparently Rod of Ages is a big no no when playing as Morgana. What do you guys think?

I usually aim for it at level 9 or 10 in order to have a great boost in magic damage and mana.

Blizzard

Banned
Well shit bros. A good friend of mine passed away this morning.

OT: League.
I'm sorry to hear it. :( Hang in there.

I just decided to play one last (normal draft, ranked was down I think) game for the evening. Naturally Kha'zix got banned so I resorted to Yorick jungle. It turned out it was 4v4 for a while (we had no top, they had no adc, so it was our advantage). BUT, their adc came back so it was 4v5 after maybe the first 10 or 15 minutes. It was close, but we managed to push through the middle and get the nexus right before their mid inhib respawned for the third time. It was probably for the best that we went all the way mid, since even though I think we got the two inner side lane towers, keeping side lanes pushed against 5 people would be really tough.

yorickfkqjk.png

Elise was also really fed early game. I guess not a true 4v5 victory since they were lacking their adc early, but it was close enough to feel like we earned it.

This is interesting - guy on reddit checked what champions were played by people punished by tribunal. The answer may not surprse you:

Code:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...pions_played_by_the_most_toxic_players_chart/

Fun Fact: Picking an actual support champion instead of saying, "Fuck you guys for making me play support!" and picking Yi instead lowers your chances of being punished by the Tribunal considerably.

Apparently Rod of Ages is a big no no when playing as Morgana. What do you guys think?

I usually aim for it at level 9 or 10 in order to have a great boost in magic damage and mana.
Very big nono.
- Morgana only gets inside fights to cast her ult, which is when you use Zhonya. Otherwise, she stays at the far back. Big chunk of health is wasted.
- She has very good lane sustain even with just Chalice and a Doran. Catalyst passive is wasted.
- She doesn't need mana at all.

The only HP item she gets is Liandry and it's both a late and situational pick. Standard build is Sorc, Zhonya, Deathcap, Void Staff. Choice between Morello or Athene, though I generally prefer Athene. On rare occasions I pick up DFG if I'm way ahead and enemies are playing bad.

drawkcaB

RoA is suboptimal on Morgana for several reasons, I think.

One is that her damage spike really hits around the mid-game (which seems to be true going by the information on lolbuilder.net). So you've bought an item that, even if things go perfectly, isn't going to be fully charged until around the 20-25 minute mark, leaving you with about 10 minutes before your own relative power in the match starts to wane.

Second is that it delays the purchase of Zhonya's hourglass which is Morgana's most important purchase. While RoA does provide a good amount of tankiness for a mage you'll still melt if you ult and run into a crowd of opponents.

Third is that its stats might actually be wasted on Morgana. The health and mana regen on level up passive are somewhat wasted on a champion with base 20% spell vamp, a single spell that will clear and entire wave around champion level 5 with ease**, and a champion who outside of ult'ing, never wants to be in the thick of things and has one of the best shields in the game with which to protect herself.

(** double doran's ring can return every point of mana spent on a single use of Tormented Soil)

I mean, RoA is never a truly bad item. It gives stats that any mage can make use of to varying degrees, it's just that few mages make optimal use of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea I used to buy roa on anivia but tbh waiting for the ramp up and paying so much for weird stats like health and mana when you're gonna get your mana from somewhere else and the health's not gonna make much of a difference doesn't make much sense

I'd rather go like athene's into zhonya's or something with morg

yea I used to buy roa on anivia but tbh waiting for the ramp up and paying so much for weird stats like health and mana when you're gonna get your mana from somewhere else and the health's not gonna make much of a difference doesn't make much sense

I'd rather go like athene's into zhonya's or something with morg

Anivia actually gets pretty good mileage out of Health and Mana. Morgana doesn't use either nearly as well; to be honest once you've hit all your buttons on her whether or not you survived doing it isn't a huge concern. You can just sort of hang out after that and try to produce a pick with Dark Binding on someone running away from the team fight, but that's about it.

I mean, it's sort of like Karthus. If you dive into the middle of the enemy team on Karthus and no one kills you, you're just sort of left feeling like the last kid picked in kickball. Morgana's a step up the ladder, but it's still the sort of situation where your survival just isn't important enough for the Health to be doing anything - that's why you're flashing into the team in the first place, rather than away.

The Hourglass isn't even really there for survival, it's just to make sure the second proc of the chains goes off before you die. After you come out of it you're still usually going to get nuked into the stone age, and it's still not going to be a huge loss.

Edit: Champions qualifier is on. Let me just say the best part about Jungle Pantheon's rise to popularity is watching supposedly good players fail so hard on mandrops. You can tell people just don't have the timing on it internalized.

rakhir

This guys has to be in game:

He would have to be redone, though. Skulls and bones are a big no-no in China.

I also love this lady http://i.imgur.com/Sybm1eH.jpg but i don't know what she would bring to lol that we don't have right now :(

Huh, you must be the GhostyGhost person in Mumble I was wondering about!
No, sorry, i'm currently not using mumble for anything.

Code:

Statistic proof that Vayne players are assholes? Awesome!

Got dumpstered pretty hard in that lane :L. I really struggle in top lane when I can't sit in the wave and cs, Renekton just zones me out by standing there.

And that's 0/2 attempts for promos today. It's really frustrating because in the 5 games, I've only got jungle in 2 of them. Last game I was 5-2-2 on elise but still lost, Renekton top was about 0-10 and bot lane did nothing. Me and Khazix got fed but it felt like a 2v5 and a fed Khazix is kinda useless against a Shyvana/Malphite front line. And we had a Jax support. The only other jungle game I got was a Vi game where I went 14-2-8.

Hopefully I'll get into silver 1 tomorrow, since I'm back to 90 LP.

I kinda feel like I'm gold at support and jungle but mid silver at everything else.

I'm a jungle main who's been stuck in bronze for S4 since getting placed there. I was silver IV last season, which isn't great, but I found the players on my teams to be marginally better than they are currently. Sick of ganking one lane just to have the other two feed, I've recently started jungling fiddlesticks again.

He can carry hard as fuuuuuck Any junglers looking to break out of elo hell should try fids, carry your team to victory. He brings so much to the table I've got a 77% winrate atm. Try him out!

oh, first post!

I get very nervous when the other team has a fiddle jungle, you have to rely on your teammates not being idiots with positioning. If you want to carry low elo right now though I'd go Vi in most cases. Not too hard to play, does tons of damage, strong ganks, and scales really well. Elder Lizard + Triforce + Sunfire/Randuins/Boots/Visage and you're rolling. Pantheon is like jungling with training wheels. Basically no skill shots, tons of map pressure just by existing, really strong snowballing. Falls off a bit though. Kha'zix is the god of the jungle at the moment but you have to consider the enemy team comp before picking him because he can be rendered pretty useless by a team with strong tanks and good wombo combo.

Fiddle seems a bit one dimensional to me in that it's just pop your ult+fear+drain and if that doesn't kill them you're screwed, he doesn't have mobility so can be kited pretty easy.

faridmon

Thanks guys. That was very detailed and clear explanation. You guys are awesome.

Now I have to change my play style in order to get use to a new build, because I got used to the RoA so much to a point that I just buy it automatically.

I would say that if you played absolutely perfectly you probably wouldn't lose all 4 games.

Not to mention that nobody ever plays perfectly.

Well, game 5 here. Our mid Yasuo, no MR. Top Darius, no MR. The enemy team has a Moigana 10/1 and a Jungle Gragas.

I win my lane, the rest of the team...

Edwardo

t1393185600z1.png

Cloud9 HyperX vs Evil Genuises
Team SoloMid vs Curse
Team Coast vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Dignitas vs XDG

Following the LCS action today will be the North American Collegiate Championship Finals. Sergio's Dream(San Jose State University) vs Blue Caster Minions(University of Washington). This match is a Best of Three and will determine who gets the $100,000 scholarship and the title of 2014 North American Collegiate Champions.

Wrecking Balls

First Half Surprises, Second Half Predictions

The Midseason Report - NA LCS

Week 6 Power Rankings

Pleased To Meet You - Lulu In The Middle Lane

A Swift Rise - XDG's Benny

The Rising Tide - Team Coast

The Breakdown CLG vs TSM

NA LCS Week 6 Preview

LMQ Crowned as NACS Champions

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Tizoc

Got better with tyndamere but sadly due to my arrogance we lost the match since all other champs died with me and in that 1 minute to respawn the opposing team destroyed our nexus =_=
OK lesson learned: Wait for the super minions before pushing.

Type2

Amumu perhaps, but Wukong?
I unleash destruction regularly with the Kong. You can carry your team hard. Abuse the strength of clone in your ganks. Make sure your team is available when you manmode ult. Take advantage of the level 11 ult and make sure you use it around an important objective.

Tizoc

Well my recent match with Tynda ended really quick, the opposing team up and surrendered 20 minutes into the game, which on the one hand was good for me since I had to leave for work in 15 minutes XP
I died twice the 2nd time due to rushing at one champ instead of the one my ally was after.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've come to the conclusion that Amumu and Wukong are top tier soloqueue junglers. Moreso than Vi, Lee, and Elise.
the reason vi, lee, and elise are top tier is their early sustain. most other junglers can't match their first clear, and lee and elise specifically have strong gank potential before six. in most cases other junglers can't even countergank because they will just be running at a lower level of hp (except for vi).

wukong and mummy are both strong though, good scaling. people will start running the champions that counter and synergize with wukong more after the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom