• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I just had an incredible game.

Enemy team didn't connect at all for 10min which resulted in a 3v0
The game finally ended as a 4v1 as more guys were logging up.

Anyway I got ALL the kills of the game which is quite an achievement and I won't let anyone lessen the value of this.

*clap*

drawkcaB

Tried Xin in the jungle for the first time tonight after recognizing I will never have the time necessary to learn Lee Sin. He feels really good post level 7 with some CDR on him and his ganks before that point are pretty good as well. Need to get used to the little intricacies of his ultimate, but yeah, good fun. Gonna put in a bit more time and to see if I want him in my main jungle rotation. It was nice going back to a champion who didn't make me feel like I was fighting him as well as the opposing team. Shame he's a dipshit bland Damacian though.

The DDoS situation blows. I feel like my recent performances have more to do with that than anything I'm doing in particular.

Newt

Tried Xin in the jungle for the first time tonight after recognizing I will never have the time necessary to learn Lee Sin. He feels really good post level 7 with some CDR on him and his ganks before that point are pretty good as well. Need to get used to the little intricacies of his ultimate, but yeah, good fun. Gonna put in a bit more time and to see if I want him in my main jungle rotation. It was nice going back to a champion who didn't make me feel like I was fighting him as well as the opposing team. Shame he's a dipshit bland Damacian though.

The DDoS situation blows. I feel like my recent performances have more to do with that than anything I'm doing in particular.
Lee Sin isn't really that hard to learn, tbh.

Newt

look at mr insec here
I'm not saying this to brag or anything, but his kit isn't exactly the most difficult thing to grasp. Much more difficult champions exist in the game. Lee Sin is really just about learning how to land Qs, then getting the proper keybindings to W-->R. There's a reason why he's so popular and can maintain a decent winrate.

j1ix.jpg

Done for the night. These games are all really hard. I didn't know about mid Alistar, but jesus christ. The burst. He bodied mid and was just this ever looming threat in team fights. I could never get comfortable between the looming Annie stun and the looming Alistar combo. I did okay I guess, but I never really felt like I could get loose, if that makes any sense. Talon and Vi were just ballin out of control. Total #yolo no fucks given aggressiveness. I could barely even keep up with how quickly the battles moved around the map. It doesn't look like it by the scoreboard I'm sure, but we were pushed into our base for the last 15 minutes of the game. Trynd split pushing, all T3's down before we got all of their T1's. Second consecutive game where the enemy support was basically just another carry. Last game was support Xin who built as big as a top laner; this game Annie who farmed herself bigger than the carry she was supporting.

Anyway, does being matched regularly now with gold and plats mean I'm getting better? Or does it more likely mean that there's just nobody else on to match me with?

drawkcaB

Lee Sin isn't really that hard to learn, tbh.

At face value, yes, you're right. LoL doesn't actually have mechanically intense champions that simply out of reach for certain players (e.g. DotA2 Meepo). I've had success playing Lee Sin on dom and just face rolling the keys.

However, I only have the time to play about 6 games per week - maybe - so it's going to be a bit challenging to get to a competent level with him particularly when I don't feel like devoting all my time to a single champion. Contrast that to my recent Xin and Volibear games where I was able to contribute meaningfully within my first match for each. On top of that, I already have several champions who are on the "complex" side of the scale that I'd rather learn than Lee Sin.

My limited experience was tainted somewhat, admittedly. My connection the last few days has been hell (like most everyone else) and two of my Lee Sin matches had me disconnect 5+ times, so you can imagine the frustration of seeing my Q projectile go off a full second or two after I click it. Didn't help that I got to see first hand on several occasions what happens when an underfed Lee Sin gets to late game in far from ideal compositions. Most damning off all was that even when the connection was ok and things were going well (like pulling off a ward drop->W->Q->R->Q for a kill on Nasus) I just wasn't feeling it. He's simply not my style of champion, which shouldn't have surprised me looking back at it. Not a fan of super mobile champs.

Newt said:
There's a reason why he's so popular and can maintain a decent winrate.

Because he's OP but no one wants to admit it ;) ?

Snowman

I'm not saying this to brag or anything, but his kit isn't exactly the most difficult thing to grasp. Much more difficult champions exist in the game. Lee Sin is really just about learning how to land Qs, then getting the proper keybindings to W-->R. There's a reason why he's so popular and can maintain a decent winrate.

I think you're just wrong, he may not be the most difficult, but he's definitely up there, I usually learn champs pretty quick, but I was straight up awful on lee sin until i played like 10+ games on him.

Curious as to what you think are the most difficult champions though.

The thing with Lee Sin is sure he allows a lot of potential for out plays, but all you really need 99.9% of the time is w to ward/teammate near enemy, e twice, start attacking, if they flash then q after them. Then at level 6, same against, but this time you q them, kick them and flash behind them, then reactivate q.

Sure you can make some more intense plays in teamfights etc but for general ganking that's all you need, then build tanky and try to e lots of people in a teamfight.

Snowman

The thing with Lee Sin is sure he allows a lot of potential for out plays, but all you really need 99.9% of the time is w to ward/teammate near enemy, e twice, start attacking, if they flash then q after them. Then at level 6, same against, but this time you q them, kick them and flash behind them, then reactivate q.

Sure you can make some more intense plays in teamfights etc but for general ganking that's all you need, then build tanky and try to e lots of people in a teamfight.

I still think it's a lot harder to get his abilities down than most junglers though, maybe not elise maybe? But Vi? Amumu?

Boken

Banned
lee has some simple concepts - like blowing flashes to get reverse kicks (lol). but he has a lot of possibilities - which is probably what makes him hard.

he also requires pretty fast fingers for some combos, so theres that too.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd really like his q second cast window nerf to like 2 seconds or 1.5s. it's just too annoying to be q'd from fog of war and not even being able to flash to survive.

he's no more stupid than vi's targeted kill button but still pretty countering takes twice the effort than playing him which is kind of the point about all the dominant picks overall like elise or vi or pantheon or kha6.

edit: also valid for lanes ofc. like gragas and ziggs and kayle and leblanc are pretty much hell to play against. even my beloved ori is pretty fucked up in how she can dominate a lane with absolute safety if even slightly ahead

I still think it's a lot harder to get his abilities down than most junglers though, maybe not elise maybe? But Vi? Amumu?

Amumu's problem is his ganks outright fail if he misses his q. Vi is obviously easier than Lee post 6, but before then it can be hard to land your q depending on the situation since it makes you move slower. Plus you can be very vulnerable to a counter gank if you miss Vi's q.

Vi's ult is a bit silly though. I feel like maybe it needs a channel like Fiddle's ult or something to make it fair. I'm not going to stop playing her until that day.

Dodged 2 queues last night to then only be lumped with a first pick in the third game who banned Zilean, Sion and Poppy then locked in Trynd mid with Clairty and Cleanse before afk'ing.

Then bot left so I followed suit. I literally lost 23LP for nothing including dodge penalties.

Snowman

Amumu's problem is his ganks outright fail if he misses his q. Vi is obviously easier than Lee post 6, but before then it can be hard to land your q depending on the situation since it makes you move slower. Plus you can be very vulnerable to a counter gank if you miss Vi's q.

Vi's ult is a bit silly though. I feel like maybe it needs a channel like Fiddle's ult or something to make it fair. I'm not going to stop playing her until that day.

But Lees ganks pre 6 are easier because that's what he's good at, he doesn't do quite as well as amumu or vi in teamfights later on. Just in general Lee is a bit more mechanically demanding.

Boken

Banned
i remember when you guys were complaining about how they gutted lulu's W

no more AP! 10% MS per 100AP is shit!

yeah look at her now. terror pokemon

drawkcaB

i remember when you guys were complaining about how they gutted lulu's W

Pretty sure it was complaining about utility scaling being stupid on supports. This is an example of why stupid on mids for a whole different reason. Can't wait for someone to bust out mid Janna in competitive. 600+ shield with a 90+ AD boost on the likes of Yasuo, etc. and the ability to heal up your team after a fight? Maybe then Riot will change course.

zkylon said:
I'd really like his q second cast window nerf to like 2 seconds or 1.5s. it's just too annoying to be q'd from fog of war and not even being able to flash to survive.

I'd like them to address his undervalued power in this Cripple and Iron Will first. Outright remove the attack speed debuff and spellvamp, respectively, and rebalance from there if necessary. They combine to give Lee Sin - ostensibly an assassin - loads of bruiser-like dueling potential.

he's no more stupid than vi's targeted kill button but still pretty countering takes twice the effort than playing him which is kind of the point about all the dominant picks overall like elise or vi or pantheon or kha6.

edit: also valid for lanes ofc. like gragas and ziggs and kayle and leblanc are pretty much hell to play against. even my beloved ori is pretty fucked up in how she can dominate a lane with absolute safety if even slightly ahead

This is the main issue with Lee, and why he's OP. He's Renekton-like, "you must be this tall to ride the jungle". He's been considerably above average in power for so long he's become a measuring stick that warps game balance around him. It's not surprising that the best jungle picks are those most similar to Lee Sin. We're also starting to see the same thing happen in bot lane support with Thresh.

Once Jinx receives her nerfs and a bit more tuning (Lucian, Sivir, Graves, MF) , ADCs in the bot lane will once again be the most balanced class in the game. It's also the position closest to not having a "yardstick" champion - that's not a coincidence.

I love starting with +33 Armor and Doran's Shield on my Thresh. I could have more but I like having a few ASpd reds.

The hook sounds... oohhh...

Ocho

I love starting with +33 Armor and Doran's Shield on my Thresh. I could have more but I like having a few ASpd reds.

The hook sounds... oohhh...

AD/ArmorPen Thresh is where it's at. You shouldn't be receiving a lot of poke in lane, imo.

Add 2 x Health + 1 x Armor quints. Tanky enough for extreme harass.

garath

AD/ArmorPen Thresh is where it's at. You shouldn't be receiving a lot of poke in lane, imo.

Add 2 x Health + 1 x Armor quints. Tanky enough for extreme harass.

Yeah, I have to agree with the Health quints and AD marks. I'm a mediocre Thresh player at best but the amount of poke you can do with AD marks and his E is pretty remarkable. Support get chunked in trades. Annie is the only one that tends to out poke when I'm playing him simply because of her range.

I'll try AD marks next game. I use a few ASPD reds since it lets me walk a way a bit faster after landing an attack. Not sure why Health quints? I actually don't have a single one.

Also, what's your skill order? I usually go EQW then 3 points to E (lets me last hit under tower if needed) then R>Q>W>E. Against very rough lanes (eg Cait+Annie) it's just one point on E then Q>W.

I'll try AD marks next game. I use a few ASPD reds since it lets me walk a way a bit faster after landing an attack. Not sure why Health quints? I actually don't have a single one.

Also, what's your skill order? I usually go EQW then 3 points to E (lets me last hit under tower if needed) then R>Q>W>E. Against very rough lanes (eg Cait+Annie) it's just one point on E then Q>W.

EQW -> R,E,W,Q.
You want to harass with the passive, though. AD + ArmorPen + Bonus Damage = epic damage. I'd like to say I came up with this, but I actually saw Koreans do it. It has been working for me.

The passive is bonus magic damage.

Ocho

The passive is bonus magic damage.

butt you are still auto attacking for it.

^

I wouldn't recommend ASPD on Thresh, since E passive is what you want to stack before damage. Movement speed is overrated, just get mobility boots. I max EQW is all right. I usually max E -> W -> Q tho.

Also, health quints are mandatory for support (imo). I use them on everyone, no exception.

Yeah, but using flat armor pen on Thresh is a massive waste considering he has pretty much the worst base AD stats in the game. Flat AD will always give you better results.

Flat armor pen on auto attacks as a whole is really, really bad.

I get that bit, but saying you're stacking armour pen for a magic passive doesn't make sense - this is ignoring his AP based abilities. I'm not sure which one would yield more damage, though I'm inclined to go with magic pen due to most people skimping on it versus armour in botlane.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
You want to harass with the passive, though. AD + ArmorPen + Bonus Damage = epic damage. I'd like to say I came up with this, but I actually saw Koreans do it. It has been working for me.
This is why you shouldn't copy things you see people do.

so what?

armour pen isn't about auto attacks, its about physical damage.

4 flat armor pen marks will increase your damage on auto attacks by roughly 2%. You'll do like 1~2 more damage per auto attack during most of the game, whereas having 4 more flat AD that would be reduced by 2% will still give you around 4 more damage for early game.

Flat armor pen is simply a horrible stat if you're not a bruiser, because while having a 2~5% increase in your damage is a fucking lot when you're hitting for 260+ on your skills, having that percentage when you hit for 70 on auto attacks is nothing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
4 flat armor pen marks will increase your damage on auto attacks by roughly 2%.

You'll do like 1~2 more damage per auto attack during most of the game.
yeah. at the very least flat mpen would increase your additional damage dealt as you get souls, but flat ad would probably just be purely better because that passive is 200% ad scaling.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
so what?

I see Thresh as a champion that deals a lot of physical damage. I don't know, I try to avoid bot lane right now. Personally I would run flat AD but I understand why someone would run a mix.
Been having success with this AP Fiora build, since she has such good scaling on her W.
Tell me when this phase passes so we can play again.

Newt

I see Thresh as a champion that deals a lot of physical damage. I don't know, I try to avoid bot lane right now. Personally I would run flat AD but I understand why someone would run a mix.

Tell me when this phase passes so we can play again.
Oh, don't worry, I'll only use it in ranked.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yo the real question is why the "+2.25 physical damage" quint is named "+2.3 physical damage"

AbyHOru.jpg

what a rip-off.

I see Thresh as a champion that deals a lot of physical damage.
he literally does the least physical damage of any champion in the game.

Ocho

Yeah, but using flat armor pen on Thresh is a massive waste considering he has pretty much the worst base AD stats in the game. Flat AD will always give you better results.

Flat armor pen on auto attacks as a whole is really, really bad.

This is why you shouldn't copy things you see people do.

so what?

Valid criticism. I've tried flat AD before, I will be trying them again.

yo the real question is why the "+2.25 physical damage" quint is named "+2.3 physical damage"

AbyHOru.jpg

what a rip-off.

They always round up in rune descriptions. The worst.

AbyHOru.jpg

what a rip-off.
The game is too lazy to actually bother with fractions so it'll just round up into 2.3 anyways.

Valid criticism. I've tried flat AD before, I will be trying them again.
Like Panda said, using flat Mpen marks could be worth some tests. Mpen is far stronger than Arpen and it could potentially increase the damage in your passive and the rest of your kit by a significant amount.

Oh, don't worry, I'll only use it in ranked.
That's the spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom