• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho

Hope someone can help please:
What're the best lanes for each of the currently free characters? The guides I'm reading don't seem to be clear @_@

Annie: support/mid*
Blitzcrank: support
Cassipeia: mid
Corki: adc
Lucian: adc
Wukong: jungle/top*
Nasus: top/jungle*
Nautilus: jungle
Taric: support
Trundle: top/jungle*

* First role is more common than second role.

Edit: damn LoL Wiki

zkylon

zkylewd
its different in the latin america mebbe hue

if i recall
correctly, they reworked leblanc, putting particular flat values on her ult, I don't think it was like that b4?
racist

but yea exactly

you maxed q because you'd double q and deal a shit ton of damage.

now you can max w first and still fuck people up with double q tho you'll lose a lot of damage if you just use w for mobility. rank 1 q is still stupidly strong, like 100+.8 or something.

annie: support bot or mid
blitz: support bot
cassiopeia: mid (hard to play well tho)
corki: adc bot
lucian: adc bot
wukong: jungle or top
nasus: top or jungle
nautilus: jungle
taric: support
trundle: top or jungle

Mothman91

Hope someone can help please:
What're the best lanes for each of the currently free characters? The guides I'm reading don't seem to be clear @_@

Nasus top lane because his passive is very good as sustain. You can learn to last hit pretty easily with him. If you want to be more of a fighter, go Wukong/Trundle. Trundle is a better fit though up there.

Wukong is the best jungler in there, but he's pretty weak early on. Nautilus would be second.

Annie would be the safest pick in mid just because she can farm with her Q and it wouldn't waste mana. Cassiopeia is more of a mechanic champion that requires you to land skllshots and follow up with her other spell.

Corki is fucking gutter trash(rip), so go Lucian. He's probably most picked carry in professional play, and go Blitzcrank for easy kills as long as you can land his enemies with his grab.

edit: i read it as for each lane, what champion is the best for that lane. i'll try to update it lol.

All I'm missing is Taric who is a armor heavy support. He's fairly easy, nothing hard about him, land his stun and use shatter when you're close to the enemy.

brian!

is there like a website where i can see how they changed champs really easily

like sometimes I think I have dreamed some of the changes that have happened

Ferrio

Banned
Annie- support/mid
Blitz - support
Cass - Mid
Corki - Bot
Lucian - Bot
Wukong - Jungle/top
Nasus - Top/Jungle
Nautilus - Uh hrmm... he doesn't get picked much
Taric - Support
Trundle - Jungle/Top

I use the league wiki under the background tab myself.

garath

When was that not the thing? When I briefly played LoL in Jan of 2012, LeBlanc was the only champ I played and maxing W was the thing then too. Highest damage skill and you want the cooldown as low as possible. I don't ever remember a time when maxing W first wasn't the thing to do.

? q was always the one people maxed because it was the max single target damage spell and it still is

and maxing w first right now isn't really the thing either, most people still max q first :/

You definitely maxed Q before the rework. It's what LeBlanc was all about - massive single target burst. Max Q for the single target damage, mimic it (scaled off the mimic'd spell) with R to also pop the sigil from Q for another burst of damage then pop the R's sigil with E or W.

Now most pros seem to max W first. On the entire front page of probuilds, the only reputable midlane pro that maxed Q first was Faker and that was a single game from him so not sure if that's what he does always or maybe it was a matchup thing.

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Leblanc

New Q does do more net damage with the sigil than W still but I imagine it's a large part because of the cooldown reduction (Q gets no cooldown reduction for level) and the wave clear. Also the ult does flat damage for each mimic'd spell regardless of the base spell level so you can mimic Q for massive damage without having it leveled.

zkylon

zkylewd

lolwiki background thing has a patch history

like for leblanco

V3.9:

Mirror Image
The Mirror Image will now attempt to run instead of standing still.
Sigil of Silence
Mana cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 70/75/80/85/90.
Damage changed to 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.4 ability power) for both initial impact damage and mark detonation damage from was 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.6 ability power) for the impact damage and 20/40/60/80/100 (+0.2 ability power) for the mark detonation damage.
Silence duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2.
Distortion
Cooldown now starts on cast rather than after returning to your Distortion.
Mana cost increased to 80/90/100/110/120 from 80.
Fixed a bug where Distortion was visible in the fog of war.
Ethereal Chains
Slow duration (and time until root) reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2.
Root duration changed to 1.5 seconds from 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2.
Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds from 10.
Mimic
Mana cost reduced to 0 from 100/50/0.
All mimicked abilities now deal their own base damage instead of amplifying the base spell's damage.
Mimic: Sigil of Silence
Now deals 100/200/300 (+0.65 ability Power) damage once on impact and again if the mark is detonated.
Mimic: Distortion
Cooldown now starts on cast rather than after returning to your Distortion.
Now deals 150/300/450 (+0.975 ability power) damage on impact.
Mimic: Ethereal Chains
Now deals 100/200/300 (+0.65 ability power) damage once on impact and again if the target is rooted.

You definitely maxed Q before the rework. It's what LeBlanc was all about - massive single target burst. Max Q for the single target damage, mimic it (scaled off the mimic'd spell) with R to also pop the sigil from Q for another burst of damage then pop the R's sigil with E or W.

Now most pros seem to max W first. On the entire front page of probuilds, the only reputable midlane pro that maxed Q first was Faker and that was a single game from him so not sure if that's what he does always or maybe it was a matchup thing.

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Leblanc

New Q does do more net damage with the sigil than W still but I imagine it's a large part because of the cooldown reduction (Q gets no cooldown reduction for level) and the wave clear. Also the ult does flat damage for each mimic'd spell regardless of the base spell level so you can mimic Q for massive damage without having it leveled.
hmm interesting, it's not been my experience but I'm no pro

personally for me it's a game to game thing. like sometimes I want the waveclear, sometimes I know their adc is really fed and needs to go right now, etc.

I was doing a lot of max q first but get a second points in w at lvl 7 a lot but gonna try maxing w first for a bit, probably put two points in q by 6 tho so I can easily kill the other mid at 6.

brian!

are you guys saying
that if I go onto the league wiki and click background, I can get all the patch notes?!?!

philip do you ever click the enemy champ in lane, check its health, and think I GOT LETHAL??

Einbroch

Banned
No joke guys, Nautilus top is legit. His jungle issues with his shield being weak early are gone when laning, he has easy escapes from ganks, he offers immense late game presence with his passive, and so on.

I being srs. Not top tier like some others, but if you're looking for a fun break, give him a shot.

garath

lolwiki background thing has a patch history

like for leblanco

hmm interesting, it's not been my experience but I'm no pro

personally for me it's a game to game thing. like sometimes I want the waveclear, sometimes I know their adc is really fed and needs to go right now, etc.

I was doing a lot of max q first but get a second points in w at lvl 7 a lot but gonna try maxing w first for a bit, probably put two points in q by 6 tho so I can easily kill the other mid at 6.

I looked a little closer at Faker's history just because I was curious. He was the only one that doesn't max W right off.

Looks like he always puts 3 points into Q (basically max it pre-6) probably for the exact reason you are citing - kill the laner at 6. Then I imagine once he's established that dominance, he continues by maxing W like everyone else. Pretty good strategy. He also doesn't use MR glyphs o_O. He uses AP/lvl. The guy is confident, that's for sure.

Ferrio

Banned
I looked a little closer at Faker's history just because I was curious. He was the only one that doesn't max W right off.

Looks like he always puts 3 points into Q (basically max it pre-6) probably for the exact reason you are citing - kill the laner at 6. Then I imagine once he's established that dominance, he continues by maxing W like everyone else. Pretty good strategy. He also doesn't use MR glyphs o_O. He uses AP/lvl. The guy is confident, that's for sure.

She is a pretty "all-in" character, so not a bad strategy I'd wager.

All very interesting. I must have been mis-remembering where her damage was back then. That was years ago.

zkylon

zkylewd

well personally I don't see that much reason to max w first since you want that ridiculous dfg'd damage for blowing up people and while mimic q is now a flat 300 at 6 you're still losing like 150 damage from q by maxing w first. and like outside of lane most of your damage comes from q and e and ult rather than w since jumping in on teamfights is so risky. I mean you still gotta max it second for the mobility but I dunno.

I guess most people are more scared about her shitty waveclear than faker, who'll just kill people one way or another anyways.

I dunno, leblanco's rework really opened a lot of options for her, rito did a pretty good job imo

garath

well personally I don't see that much reason to max w first since you want that ridiculous dfg'd damage for blowing up people and while mimic q is now a flat 300 at 6 you're still losing like 150 damage from q by maxing w first. and like outside of lane most of your damage comes from q and e and ult rather than w since jumping in on teamfights is so risky. I mean you still gotta max it second for the mobility but I dunno.

I guess most people are more scared about her shitty waveclear than faker, who'll just kill people one way or another anyways.

I dunno, leblanco's rework really opened a lot of options for her, rito did a pretty good job imo

That's the key. There are options now, which is pretty cool.

Though do note Faker only puts those 3 points into Q early then maxes W from there. Looks like he does that every single game that I can see.

Blizzard

Banned
remember dat mid is a very commonly ganked lane
I think I literally saw someone (in this thread or a guide) say to gank mid unless it's leblanc.

So maybe the mere reputation of leblanc's W escape will scare everyone away from the lane!

Plus anyone playing leblanc will probably fail at killing minions so they will be under their own turret etc.

Burt

I'm now at a point where I'm comfortable saying that as often as you get screwed by teammates in a 5v5 game, it is literally impossible to put 12 random LoL players into one game together and not have a single AFK, troll, or piece of shit toxic player.

But it is fun playing Twitch out the jungle and laying passive burn, Elder lizard burn, and red buff burn onto six people during a team fight and having half of them die from DOTs as they run away.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's the key. There are options now, which is pretty cool.

Though do note Faker only puts those 3 points into Q early then maxes W from there. Looks like he does that every single game that I can see.
yea I really like playing her now. like right after the rework I tried her out a couple times and it's just so much more fun being able to use whatever ult you want.

remember dat mid is a very commonly ganked lane
maxing w just to escape ganks isn't really the point, they do it for the waveclear since leblanco's last hitting is kinda painful

I guess it's alright, I don't really fear ganks when playing leblanc since she's got pretty reliable cc and "fuck up people" potential.

I think I literally saw someone (in this thread or a guide) say to gank mid unless it's leblanc.

So maybe the mere reputation of leblanc's W escape will scare everyone away from the lane!

Plus anyone playing leblanc will probably fail at killing minions so they will be under their own turret etc.
I don't think it's the escape, just that if you lane against leblanc you don't really want to fight her, so forcing a fight even if it's 2v1 can end up on her getting a kill and then being killed by the jungler which in the end it's not really worth.

and if she doesn't want to fight just whoop she's gone

Basically, yes. Having the ability to double-jump and root or double-root and jump makes her very hard to gank, and the fact that she doesn't usually push lane very hard further compounds that. Even if you're ganking with like a Lv6 Vi you have to watch and wait for her to burn Distortion on harass/wave-clear so that you aren't risking being pulled two Distortion's lengths into turret when you ult her.

That said, if you notice your mid's health going to crap constantly against a Leblanc she's probably burning Distortion to get damage trades, and might be exposing herself to ganks. People can get way too cocky thinking they're 'ungankable'.

brian!

i meant remember that mid is commonly ganked cuz leblanc can get kills when her jungler comes to gank so you don't have to go so ham maxing ur single target dmg and can put it towards wave clear, woops my bad

zkylon

zkylewd
i meant remember that mid is commonly ganked cuz leblanc can get kills when her jungler comes to gank so you don't have to go so ham maxing ur single target dmg and can put it towards wave clear, woops my bad
yea placing trust on solo queue junglers is a mistake I don't make anymore

Newt

Annie - Support/Mid
Blitzcrank - Support
Cassiopeia - Mid
Corki - He doesn't even belong in the game, forget even choosing a lane for him.
Lucian - adc
Wukong - Top/Jungle
Nasus - Top/Jungle
Nautilus - Jungle
Taric - Support
Trundle - Top/Jungle
ftfy

It's funny cuz Corki was the best in World Championship. Riot best balance.

Well, he got double-whammy'd. In addition to direct nerfs, he got indirect nerfs in the form of major changes to the flow of gameplay. A lot of what made Corki beastly was Trinity rush producing such a huge early-mid power spike, but having a huge power spike at that point in the game just isn't as dominating as it used to be with some of the larger game-wide changes that have been made. Particularly, it's no longer worth giving up a strong late game, since most games now go late.

Like, the Lv6 Dragon Fight Team is almost dead, conceptually. Renekton's still kind of hanging around, being a boss, but that's about it.

6th time lucky for promos I guess. Had a 9-0-11 top malphite in the last game. Was slaughter in top lane, he was 3-0 against shyvana before 10 minutes. At the end we 4v5d their team without our adc and aced them without any loses.

Malphite + Vi + Ori wombo combo is hilarious.

Type2

I want a janitor yi,khaz and yasuo skin.
Disco zac,confederate ryze,copyright infrigement singed(die hard), baloney monster velkoz, tickle me gracas and weedwick skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom