• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
in order of mah skillz-> Supp/mid, ADC, jungle, top.
reaeyemdp10.jpg

I don't think i'v ever played those champs once, either.
lissandra is kinda nice when you want to zyra mid but they pick leblanc or something equally horrifying before your turn to pick.

garath

Good thresh discussion.

just from a theorycrafting standpoint, I'd lean more toward flat AD being more effective for a couple reasons:

We're looking at 5 armor pen vs 4 AD. Thresh has 46 base AD + 4 AD from marks. Most people will have around 30 armor yes?

100/100+30 = 77% damage applied with no armor pen. 100/100+25 = 80% damage applied with 5 armor pen.

So that base 50 AD attack will do 40 damage with 4 AD marks and 4 armor pen marks

A page with 8 AD marks will do 54*.77 = 41.58 damage.

Then there's the AD scaling on his E. At level 1 it does up to 80% AD in magic damage. So with the split page that's 40 bonus damage with no souls (before MR). The AD page will do 43.2 damage with no souls (before MR)

So I'm too lazy to do the MR calc but you're basically looking at:

4 AD/4 armor pen = 80 damage per max charge hit at level 1
8 AD marks = ~85 damage per max charge hit at level 1

Armor pen will have more impact as the game goes on, but given that Thresh doesn't build any additional AD or armor pen, that value for THRESH himself seems minimal.

Ocho

Like Panda said, using flat Mpen marks could be worth some tests. Mpen is far stronger than Arpen and it could potentially increase the damage in your passive and the rest of your kit by a significant amount.

I'll try a mix of AD/hybrid pens. Some pros run full hybrid pen marks (no ad). I feel you guys underestimate what armor pen can do in lvl 1-5. It's all about the early lane dominance. I'm too lazy to get the numbers, though.

Edit: Garath to the rescue. Nice, thanks for this. I was wrong. I'll look into a couple of different builds and test them out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
id be interesting in if mpen actually does beat out AD runes though. it does have the advantage of applying to all of threshes spell damage and botlane MR is commonly scaling per level.

would warrant some research. sadly i dont have the mpen quints. :(

I feel you guys underestimate what armor pen can do in lvl 1-5.
I feel the opposite lol

People overestimate flat armor pen. Early game wise, you'll get a 5-ish % increase in damage if you get a ton of armor pen. The problem is that when you increase something that is hitting for around 70 damage in early game you'll get what, 3 more damage after reductions? Naturally that changes as the game goes on and your damage increases overall, making that 5% far more valuable, but early on unless you're doing % damage or using pretty much exclusively your physical skills, the extra AD on your autos and skill ratios will always be better.

It's just not a good stat unless you're a bruiser doing bruisery things or one of the 4 AD assassins in the game.

Snowman

Once Jinx receives her nerfs and a bit more tuning (Lucian, Sivir, Graves, MF) , ADCs in the bot lane will once again be the most balanced class in the game. It's also the position closest to not having a "yardstick" champion - that's not a coincidence.

I don't think this is all that true, some adcs are a lot stronger than others right now. And in competitive play it really shows, I remember the first few weeks of lcs it was literally all jinx/lucian/sivir with a like maybe 1 or two others very occasionally.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
league of legends ot6, what a horrible night to have a cursemurse

oh no, it doesn't fit. i give up.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm maybe a week away from being able to get 6300 LP and unlock Jinx. Let me guess, her nerfs are going to be arriving about that time? =(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i changed my runes at the last second, lolnexus says i have ad runes, the game itself gives me ap runes, when i start a new lobby it defaults to my last used runes.... ad runes.

wat.

Ocho

i changed my runes at the last second, lolnexus says i have ad runes, the game itself gives me ap runes, when i start a new lobby it defaults to my last used runes.... ad runes.

wat.

Happens to me as well. Any rune changes after the "bong" sound or whatever is lost (I was also falsely reassured in lolking I had the right set of runes, until game started).

How exacty do I play against LeBlanc, in like 2seconds she can take morethen half your life and get back to safety, can never do well against her. Thinking about trying morgana into her, cause when she hits you with the first mark most likely she gonna come back in so pop blackshield then root her. Any tips wud help

Ferrio

Banned
How exacty do I play against LeBlanc, in like 2seconds she can take morethen half your life and get back to safety, can never do well against her. Thinking about trying morgana into her, cause when she hits you with the first mark most likely she gonna come back in so pop blackshield then root her. Any tips wud help

I'm way out of the loop on current meta, but pushing the lane hardcore against her use to fuck her up.

wat.

You playing Thresh? :^)

In other news, now 6/7 since reverting back to the waifu.

I think I may pick up Akali, actually. Don't really need any other ADCs when i've Draven. At least Akali can cover mid and *shudder* top should I be forced there.

Achtius

bully the hell out of her before she hits 6. It work for me yesterday when I was playing against lb wit viktor. lol she was like 3 levels behind me.

garath

bully the hell out of her before she hits 6. It work for me yesterday when I was playing against lb wit viktor. lol she was like 3 levels behind me.

I have to imagine jungle pressure should be important too.. Given that LB's like to max W first and use it to farm, they should be a lot more vulnerable to ganks than before the rework.

This is all conjecture though. I really don't see a lot of LeBlancs at my level and lately it's a fight to get jungle. So I usually just get to watch a LeBlanc rock my team early without being able to do much.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty sure it was complaining about utility scaling being stupid on supports. This is an example of why stupid on mids for a whole different reason. Can't wait for someone to bust out mid Janna in competitive. 600+ shield with a 90+ AD boost on the likes of Yasuo, etc. and the ability to heal up your team after a fight? Maybe then Riot will change course.
janna probably won't be able to keep up in lane now that they nerfed her waveclear. she has too low of an autoattack range and her skills are all kind of too weird for laning.

I dunno why pros insist on lulu, I find her an absolute bore to watch. I mean it's kinda cool they play her but they give solo queue the wrong ideas :/

I'd like them to address his undervalued power in this Cripple and Iron Will first. Outright remove the attack speed debuff and spellvamp, respectively, and rebalance from there if necessary. They combine to give Lee Sin - ostensibly an assassin - loads of bruiser-like dueling potential.
I dunno, all of that doesn't affect my experience with lee sin, although maybe him being weaker in duels will allow my jungler to get on his shit a bit more and have him lay off me.

This is the main issue with Lee, and why he's OP. He's Renekton-like, "you must be this tall to ride the jungle". He's been considerably above average in power for so long he's become a measuring stick that warps game balance around him. It's not surprising that the best jungle picks are those most similar to Lee Sin. We're also starting to see the same thing happen in bot lane support with Thresh.

Once Jinx receives her nerfs and a bit more tuning (Lucian, Sivir, Graves, MF) , ADCs in the bot lane will once again be the most balanced class in the game. It's also the position closest to not having a "yardstick" champion - that's not a coincidence.
that's kind of how competitive works, you just play the champion that is less countereable and most bullshitty

Tizoc

Excuse my language but:
IS IT FUCKING NOOB WEEK OR SOMETHING?!

One game I lost had the most noobest Trudgle ever, I managed to kill te poor sod half a dozen or so times.

My recent match had Bltizcrank+Nautilis at bottom and those 2 were FEEDING the opposition. By 20 mins mark, I said eff it and made a surrender request, they were 15 kills ahead of us and I don't think I could've made any progress at effin' all.

Type2

I made gold guys, plat is next! Also I'll get into this thresh discussion when I'm off work. I prefer the ad for early harass though.

zkylon

zkylewd
personally I play thresh with hp quints and armor reds, pretty much what I use on every support except maybe annie where I go just regular ap mid page. armor reds is probably a waste but I don't like any of the other stats.

but yea autoattack harass means shit in a doran's shield world, I'd rather be tankier and 100-0 people since that's what bot lane's about right now anyways

You're way too thirsty for lux and syndra skins, lol.
well ahri and sona already have perfect skins so it is only natural I want the best for all the girls

I'm still waiting for pool party orianna too

I made gold guys, plat is next! Also I'll get into this thresh discussion when I'm off work. I prefer the ad for early harass though.
congrats yo

garath

Excuse my language but:
IS IT FUCKING NOOB WEEK OR SOMETHING?!

One game I lost had the most noobest Trudgle ever, I managed to kill te poor sod half a dozen or so times.

My recent match had Bltizcrank+Nautilis at bottom and those 2 were FEEDING the opposition. By 20 mins mark, I said eff it and made a surrender request, they were 15 kills ahead of us and I don't think I could've made any progress at effin' all.

You're still leveling right?

It takes a lot of games for most guys to get real solid at the game and there's always smurfs here and there so expect some stomps on both sides.

Even once you're 30 and playing ranked there will be games that are a total stomp one side or another. Best advice is to do your best to let it roll off and just move on to the next one. League is a rage inducing game by nature and I'd hate to see a gaffer get caught up in the vitriol :)

Gratz my man. Well deserved. You certainly play at least gold level. Keep up the grind to plat :)

Tizoc

Luckily I don't rage, if I lost, I lost whether it was because of me or because of other players not doing shit right.

garath

Luckily I don't rage, if I lost, I lost whether it was because of me or because of other players not doing shit right.

Good attitude :)

Only saying as a PSA. I have a friend that absolutely refuses to play LoL. He rages so hard at the game and knows he will keep doing it if he plays. Unfortunate cause I love playing games with the guy. Just won't ever be League haha.

I think that's not the thing anymore. Im no lb player, but I think the new thing to do is to max w now.

When was that not the thing? When I briefly played LoL in Jan of 2012, LeBlanc was the only champ I played and maxing W was the thing then too. Highest damage skill and you want the cooldown as low as possible. I don't ever remember a time when maxing W first wasn't the thing to do.

DeadNames

Banned
When was that not the thing? When I briefly played LoL in Jan of 2012, LeBlanc was the only champ I played and maxing W was the thing then too. Highest damage skill and you want the cooldown as low as possible. I don't ever remember a time when maxing W first wasn't the thing to do.

Like I said, I'm no LB players.

zkylon

zkylewd
? q was always the one people maxed because it was the max single target damage spell and it still is

and maxing w first right now isn't really the thing either, most people still max q first :/

brian!

? q was always the one people maxed because it was the max single target damage spell and it still is

and maxing w first right now isn't really the thing either, most people still max q first :/
its different in the latin america mebbe hue

if i recall
correctly, they reworked leblanc, putting particular flat values on her ult, I don't think it was like that b4?

this way u are less punished for maxing w over q, tho a lot of ppl like to get 2 levels of q before 6 since its better harass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom