• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
random kassa nerfs are alright I guess

I think if he's just one or two patches away from release they should just disable and allow purple side to get their three bans

Doran's Shield
HEALTH 100 ⇒ 80
HEALTH REGEN 10 ⇒ 6
So much for testing those "extreme" nerfs and pretty much just releasing them as is with 1 more HP5 lol Not that I care, fuck Doran's shield

Also the Tear buff looks cool. Maybe Jayce can shine again?

Ocho

With the additional changes to the spirit stone and support items I hope Riot is almost done with the system balancing and can move onto balancing the champions themselves.

I don't think the game is close to that, the meta is pretty stale and unfun. I wonder how much more the game will change due to Ghostcrawler joining the team.

Why haven't Red Bull got a Leeg eSports team yet?

No need. The energy drink manufacturers just give streamers free supply, which they end up drinking on stream since they're naturally predisposed toward doing so. Product placement is more valuable than named sponsorship, and a lot cheaper in this case.

Most really popular streamers actually have a fair number of "non-sponsored sponsorships" where companies give them things with no real expectations outside of them using the things while playing. It's a lot more "natural" and less cringe-inducing than things like "professional endorsements" (Krepo your ads for Raidcall and Steel Series were so badly acted...).

Edit: "Vel'Koz, eye of the void is somewhere in this patch but will be turned on at a later date." Great, just what we need, an aroused tentacle monster.

4.3 patchnotes yo

corki buffs?

corki buffs

I'm going to play some Corki now! :3

Finished entering all the data of my account in Excel. Over 130,000+ IP spent on champions, That's somewhere between 330-350 IP per day. Around 50,000 RP; the good news is that after adding all the RP value from skins/icons/rune pages, I would have spent twice (a bit more) for everything I have. Hail mystery gifts.

This game would be way cheaper if I had to pay a subscription to play.
I wouldn't play it

And Riot is not helping, they just started the RP bonus today.

I think support is going to be more popular than ADC at some point. Buffs every patch.

Honestly, it already is. Constantly looking to make plays on champs rather than make plays on minions. Controlling lanes and map vision. Taking no heat when dying a couple of times.

Edwardo

damn. dem Yauso nerfs.

I'm ok with it.

I dont think i'll go back to using tear on Jayce though. He's still fine without it.

Honestly, it already is. Constantly looking to make plays on champs rather than make plays on minions. Controlling lanes and map vision. Taking no heat when dying a couple of times.

I think support is going to be more popular than ADC at some point. Buffs every patch.

True, I feel like I see less and less people calling ad and more and more calling for support in champ select.

Ocho

I'm glad they are constantly trying to get the gold items balanced. It's a good thing to actually have options depending on the style of lane you want to play (their intention in the first place). I don't know if the changes will be effective, though. I shall try them out.

Mobility boots nerf is the worst.

Had a good match just now-
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/42219623#matches/770153650

It's the one at the very top. The Annie was such a noob I and my team got most of our kills from that player.

An overall good match, we pressured really well all around, and I was really glad I got a lot of kills against the opposition.

I'm prob. gonna stick to Tryndamere over Garen. Garen was good but effin' slow, Tryndamere's style fits my 'gung ho CHAAAAAAARGE' itch.

Also about the thornmail (I realise someone has already replied about it), you need to be looking at the enemy team before you buy your defensive items. They have Annie, cassiopia and ziggs. Those three champions do magic damage. Thornmail only gives armour, not health. Therefore it does absolutely nothing against 3/5 of the enemy team. On top of that, there is a master yi. He can activate his w to do true damage, which means it is not mitigated by armour (this can be countered by building hp). So your thornmail is only useful against one champion. Thornmail is not a great item in general unless you already have a couple other defensive items.

In this game you have 3 good choices. You can get a guardian angel. This gives you some armour and some magic resistance, but the main reason you get it is because if you die then you will get revived after a couple seconds. You could get a randuins omen which gives you health, armour, and you can activate it for a slow. This would be a good choice if the other team didn't have much magic damage. Another good choice here is banshees veil. It gives hp, mr and it blocks enemy spells on a cooldown. It might be a good option here since there is a lot of magic damage. Mercurial scimitar would be a fourth option, giving mr, attack damage, and you can activate it to remove any crowd control (stuns for example) on you. I wouldn't recommend this at your level though because it's too hard to use effectively without understanding the enemy champions.

I like the Spellthief's changes, but I don't really get nerfing Relic Shield line when there aren't that many people using it to begin with. As a side commentary to Riot's Live Balance Team, if you don't nerf two of the available options while buffing the third, you might get a better read on the actual balance effects of the changes rather than an artificial situation where literally everyone migrates to the third choice.

Just saying.

Leezard

The spirit stone changes are only nerfs to certain champions though, primarily the single target damage dealers such as wukong, panteon and khazix. Sejuani, Nautilus and other primarily aoe junglers should see it as a buff. Honestly, I think the changes are good in that way. Nerfs the current strongest junglers and buffs some of the unusual ones at the same time.

Kha zix nerfs were needed

Spirit stone, not so much.

Spirit Stone nerf is only a "nerf" for single-target clear, if you're using a decent amount of AoE clear it actually levels off more or less. Pantheon and Kha should be okay (one Heartseeker/Void Spikes per 3+ creep camp evens you out), and in theory champions who rely almost entirely on AoE clear (Jungle Gragas) should come out a little bit ahead.

Oddly, it mostly just makes the Wight and Double Golems very slightly less attractive and "hurts" the largely non-existent single target clear junglers. (Shaco, I guess?)

Ferrio

Banned
You get CS without taking away the ADC's lifesteal source.

I still don't get it.

1. You have to be melee support
2. You're melee, so last hitting the stuff puts you at a bigger risk than your adc last hitting it.
3. Your adc does a damn fine job last hitting anyway, why does the support need to step in?
4. It's a dead item unless someone is with you.

Do you even get gold from the kills or does it all go to partner?

Edwardo

Hmm it looks like Vel'Koz's Q is pretty easy to hit. Someone not good at skillshots would probably like him because they can just reactivate it when they miss.

I still don't get it.

2. You're melee, so last hitting the stuff puts you at a bigger risk than your adc last hitting it.
3. Your adc does a damn fine job last hitting anyway, why does the support need to step in?

You both get the full amount of gold.

Newt

I still don't get it.

You both get the gold for the kill, so essentially you can double the gold gained from siege minions. That's why it's work the risk to go into melee range. Also, you don't have to be a melee support.Only the execute is linked to being melee.

Ferrio

Banned
You both get the gold for the kill, so essentially you can double the gold gained from siege minions. That's why it's work the risk to go into melee range. Also, you don't have to be a melee support.Only the execute is linked to being melee.

Oh okay that's a bit better, was really confused why they'd only let the passive trigger off melee.

zkylon

zkylewd

I think it has more to do with top being so unpopular lately. like jungle and mid are the only contested roles right now, then it's every man for himself trying not to toplane.

Kha got hit hard.

So the gold items, how do you think the changes affect them? I rarely see anything used except coin..
they look pretty balanced stat wise but I think the shurelya active+20% might be just too core on a support to go for anything else

frostie line:
like offering more risk/reward for supports is kinda useless since supports don't really care about that, you don't really know what to do with a fourth or fifth item anyways so getting more gold through poking with sona and risking getting leona hooked just doesn't sound good to me. I'm gonna try it out since I feel like the active sounds really fun since it's like having an actual extra skillshot spell, but eh. I don't really like the passive turning off on minion kills as if I'm harassing with sona or lulu or whatever you always kill some random minion and you just lost like half the item's usefulness when you can't add more damage to your autos :/

relic shield line:
relic shield item seems better since it makes you pretty tanky at lvl 1 but I guess most leonas and such will stick to dshield. the biggest issue of not having a flat gp10 is still there for me, like it's always felt kinda useless after lane for me. the active sounds really nuts combined with mikaels tho most people that buy this probably won't be buying mikaels in the first place, but it's at least a nice help item for your adc.

shurelya line:
doesn't seem to be much of a nerf, a bit more expensive and a little less mana regen but for the most part this is the same.

I dunno, I think to myself annie will be pretty beast with the frostqueen item but then I remember I won't have shurelya's to set up my tibbers and just w/e :7

I still don't get it.

You don't, actually, at least for the current one - the wording isn't exactly the same on the 4.3 version, so I'd have to test it. You can trigger everything but the execution effect on current Relic Shield with ranged attacks or even spells, so if you have a support with a natural CS option (Annie) they can still access the gold/health share, they just don't get the execute.

Well, yeah. It was worth it when more gold came out of the minion than normally would have been there, at least in theory, but now I'm not so sure why you'd bother unless you're duo queuing with a new player who needs tons of help CSing.

You get the gold. Your partner used to get even more gold, making it so you could actually wring more gold out of the lane than technically existed and put it on the ADC to ramp their scaling. Basically, the other two support items gave gold only to the support, while the Relic Shield gave gold to the support and a bonus to the ADC.

Now that's no longer the case. Considering how rarely the thing was getting bought anymore to begin with, removing the bonus gold probably will kill it outright. The only "saving grace" - if you can even call it that - is the Doran's Shield nerf at least makes the most common substitute item less attractive.

So, yeah. Frostfangs and Coins all around.

Blizzard

Banned
Kennen is the most brain dead champion in the game, imo.
He has skillshots AND a every-Nth-shot boost that's not displayed on a status bar icon for som crazy reason. Surely there are some other easier champions.

I'm terrible with him. I mean I'm kind of terrible with everyone, but I'm even terriblER with him.

*edit* Spirit stone AND Kha'zix nerfs? I guess my brief attempts to learn newly purchased Kha'zix and get out of silver 5 may be over. I was just about to purchase Jinx too, is anyone expecting her to be nerfed next patch?

*edit* Spirit stone AND Kha'zix nerfs? I guess my brief attempts to learn newly purchased Kha'zix and get out of silver 5 may be over. I was just about to purchase Jinx too, is anyone expecting her to be nerfed next patch?

Not in 4.3. Jinx has the hidden buff "Not used by Koreans" that stays the rod, though there's been rumblings that she might be making more of an appearance in the next season of Champions. That'd still be a good ways off before she sees (another) nerf, though, and she's still in a pretty good state right now.

ALN1031

4.3 patchnotes yo

corki buffs?

corki buffs

OgKZcEP.png

zkylon

zkylewd
He was good without it, but now that it's there I don't wanna let it go.
it just made him unbearable in lane. like the amount of stress that is killing a guy with infinite dashes, two huge shields and a wall that can easily block half your combo.

riot jumped the gun when people were whining about his bugs and that he sucked and threw that buff like it was a qol thing while they actually gave him like 500 more health in teamfights.

I dunno why they're so obsessed on keeping it while it's the one thing that really hurt his counterplay and that's forcing them to nerf him every single patch

like do the same as with ziggs minefield, it was stupid that it dealth 100% dmg to minions, so we roll that back. I can respect them for being able to admit it was a mistake and they should do so with this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom